00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

cosoden just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Musical statements

1,158 Views | 7 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Musical statements 2017-05-06 15:40:14

What, if any, are your general statements to make with the music you play or produce? (It's okay not to have any btw, I was just curious about the many messages in this massive spectrum of musicians.)

Response to Musical statements 2017-05-06 16:33:38 (edited 2017-05-06 16:34:40)

I used to predominantly write music for my band -- classic 2 guitar, bass, drums,vocals and maybe piano/synth -- and I often used it as an outlet to disguise my feelings in lyrics. I think it really helped to write those songs and I still have strong memories and feelings attached to some of them. So I guess that statement was: "These are my feels,", but I always tried to avoid being cheesy and stay honest.

However, writing electronic music with games or art in mind has been INCREDIBLY freeing. I often write without anything in mind except the sounds and melody etc . I no longer feel like I can't do certain things, or certain things are too cheesy, or too weird, or modulate too much, or that that chord progression doesn't match this emotion, or this melody doesn't fit these lyrics or vice versa. So I suppose my statement is now..."I hope this sounds cool? And I hope it matches an image" which is really fun and liberating!

hemlo yes i am the do durgs

johnfn made me this signature because i placed 6th in ngadm and only 5th and up got cool signatures but lets face it this is better

BBS Signature

Response to Musical statements 2017-05-06 16:41:04

I often try to make a point about politics or philosophy. My song, Revelation, is all about whether or not we will manage to transition from our current close-minded, hatred spewing, selfish way of life toward something more peaceful and kind.

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! Veteran REAPER user. Ready to rock! :)

BBS Signature

Response to Musical statements 2017-05-06 22:40:15

making shit for fun and depress. all the rambling on the descriptions are healthy distraction for the listeners.

i'm just crazy.

Response to Musical statements 2017-05-07 18:35:49

Enjoy, feel the atmosphere, fall in love.

BBS Signature

Response to Musical statements 2017-05-08 10:46:06

The futility in nihilism and realizing its horrors to the point of being madly humorous.
(e.g. music's pointless so la la la la dee dee daa!!)
But also, God is good, so just shut up and masturbate and/or buy that thing you want.

BBS Signature

Response to Musical statements 2017-05-08 12:09:11

whats yours trois?

Come join music competitions on Chips Compo and hang on our Discord!

Good artists copy. Great artists get banned from the Audio Portal.

BBS Signature

Response to Musical statements 2017-05-08 12:21:23

At 5/8/17 12:09 PM, johnfn wrote: whats yours trois?

For most of it, passion and life, awe and wonder, prayer... Touch of sensuality with my percussion, I guess, but it generally fits with all the themes I mentioned above.

And then occasionally, I write some depressing stuff about loneliness and feeling lost and being angry over abuse and the things happening in this world.