00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Someone gifted Ministerhomer supporter status!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Lost .fla file but still have .swf

372 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hello, all. A couple years ago I began creating a simple platform game. I don't have the actual .fla file anymore but I do have the .swf file as well as all of my code. I can open up and play my little level but when I copy the code into a new .fla file nothing happens. Is this because I don't have the squares and circles I used as the character and platforms? They must be somewhere if they are showing up in the game (swf) right? It is a super basic game, one I am using to learn AS3 and game development, but it is also something I would like to continue with rather than start over. Lost cause and restart, or salvageable? Thank you! I attached a screenshot so you get what I mean by circles and squares...

Lost .fla file but still have .swf

Use Sothink Swf Decompiler to convert a swf back into a flash project. just don't expect the code to look exactly the same, some vars might be renamed or something

Response to Lost .fla file but still have .swf 2017-04-25 15:46:26

At 4/25/17 01:07 PM, GeoKureli wrote: Use Sothink Swf Decompiler to convert a swf back into a flash project. just don't expect the code to look exactly the same, some vars might be renamed or something

that did it, thank you!