00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Free Audio Asset Site

414 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Free Audio Asset Site 2017-03-28 22:07:11

Hey guys,

I'm releasing a bunch of my stuff under a zero-attribution, zero-cost, zero-limitation use license. You can use anything on the website below for any purpose with any-size audience and not have to worry about legal ramifications, P.R.Os, etc. etc.

http://freecommercialmusic.com

Have fun. I'm going try to get a hundred or so pieces up there within the week (I just wanted to get the site up and running with a real small sample set initially). Let me know if you have any comments. Thanks!

Response to Free Audio Asset Site 2017-03-29 18:52:50

This is cool!

Response to Free Audio Asset Site 2017-03-30 05:08:58

This does indeed look very cool, however there is many many types of CC licences including ones that allow you to release the music for free use, but still retain all rights to the music and require attribution. Just something to think about to protect yourself. Making content is not easy and you at least deserve to be attributed.

Either way, thanks for the royalty free music i will be sure to check it out when I start my next project, and I will attribute your site if I use any of it, as everyone should.

Response to Free Audio Asset Site 2017-03-30 06:38:28

At 3/30/17 05:08 AM, Funkmachine wrote: This does indeed look very cool, however there is many many types of CC licences including ones that allow you to release the music for free use, but still retain all rights to the music and require attribution. Just something to think about to protect yourself. Making content is not easy and you at least deserve to be attributed.

Either way, thanks for the royalty free music i will be sure to check it out when I start my next project, and I will attribute your site if I use any of it, as everyone should.

Meh, the whole thing though is attribution is a bit of a pain in the ass in a lot of cases for monetization (specifically client projects where it's definitely not an option). Creative Commons offers no middle ground between that and public domain so I just don't want to use their licensing scheme. I like the idea of the point of the site being that any who develops content can download all the material and use it however they want for client projects where attribution would simply not be viable.

If you do attribute, that's cool but I'm not really worried about that part. I have plenty of music that I make money off of already and the extra stuff isn't really doing much good just sitting on my hard-drive lol

Response to Free Audio Asset Site 2017-03-30 06:53:16

If you do attribute, that's cool but I'm not really worried about that part. I have plenty of music that I make money off of already and the extra stuff isn't really doing much good just sitting on my hard-drive lol

Its great that you are in a position to release free music, as you say having it sit on your HD is not helping anyone, but hobbyist devs like myself need free music to make great games. (Not that I make great games, i just mean devs in general :D )

So yeah, thanks for the awesome content. But I think almost everyone will at least attribute you, since most people don't like to take credit for creating something that isn't theirs.

Response to Free Audio Asset Site 2017-04-02 22:41:23

At 3/30/17 06:53 AM, Funkmachine wrote: So yeah, thanks for the awesome content. But I think almost everyone will at least attribute you, since most people don't like to take credit for creating something that isn't theirs.

Either way no worries mang ;)

I've added some additional categories and updated the look of the music browsing area:
http://freecommercialmusic.com/music.html