Be a Supporter!

[Unpaid]Looking for animators!

  • 1,618 Views
  • 41 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
SteliosGame
SteliosGame
  • Member since: Apr. 14, 2016
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Voice Actor

Hello everyone this is Stelly And The Monkey!

We are Youtubers for almost 3 years and we just started a common channel together, it is a lot of fun and we will be doing it for a long, long time!

Our dream is to have our first animation based of the conversations we have on the channel, like the thousands of GameGrumps and some OneyPlays out there.

Here is one example of their gameplay discussions turning into a cartoon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S6MFl55_FY

We can't really pay because we don't make any money ourselves, but if there is any animators out there that are looking for an idea for their next animation, we would love to feature them on our channels and praise them everywhere we go haha! We would prefer a total video of at least one minute, so if we succeed in the future, we can find you and give you a nice thank you tip for your work based on the revenue of that video. This is not a promise for money, just a gesture from our part, but we do plan to work hard and grow our channel.

A warning here is that our channel is 18+ because we swear a lot and make offensive jokes, so keep that in mind before entering :)

Here is an example of our channel. We don't have much yet but we upload daily a 10+ minute video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jYEYlKRi0k

Thank you for reading and we hope we find people here willing to fulfill our dream! :D

hchert
hchert
  • Member since: May. 15, 2015
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Animator
Response to [Unpaid]Looking for animators! 2017-03-16 16:29:02 Reply

KYS

Wondermeow
Wondermeow
  • Member since: Oct. 28, 2014
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Animator
Response to [Unpaid]Looking for animators! 2017-03-17 02:42:14 Reply

Hi SteliosGame,

You might want to rethink your strategy if your going to get anyone to help, you should provide incentives.


BBS Signature
SteliosGame
SteliosGame
  • Member since: Apr. 14, 2016
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Voice Actor
Response to [Unpaid]Looking for animators! 2017-03-17 08:11:46 Reply

Wow what is going on here with the one person telling me to kill myself and another post about strategies? Its not like I asked someone to send me money via paypal or something, I don't understand the hostility haha

I was just asking if there are any people out there with nothing better to do and want to create an animation for fun so I provide an idea, nothing more. If I wanted a professional animation for my channel I would go to fiverr and pay people to do that, or ask for a paid job and expect the quality based on the money I offer. So since I don't offer any money, I don't expect anything in return. Even if a beginner would create something for us, it would be amazing.

But anyway, thank you Wondermeow for the constructive criticism, I appreciate it. :)

SteliosGame
SteliosGame
  • Member since: Apr. 14, 2016
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Voice Actor
Response to [Unpaid]Looking for animators! 2017-03-17 08:13:33 Reply

At 3/16/17 04:29 PM, hchert wrote: KYS

Easy to say these kind of things behind the comfort of a computer screen.

hchert
hchert
  • Member since: May. 15, 2015
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Animator

If you would ask me or anyone to work for FREE like this, I would beat you

hchert
hchert
  • Member since: May. 15, 2015
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Animator
Response to [Unpaid]Looking for animators! 2017-03-17 09:59:59 Reply

yes you are asking for money TIME is MONEY and animation takes alot of time

SteliosGame
SteliosGame
  • Member since: Apr. 14, 2016
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Voice Actor
Response to [Unpaid]Looking for animators! 2017-03-17 10:20:08 Reply

At 3/17/17 09:59 AM, hchert wrote: yes you are asking for money TIME is MONEY and animation takes a lot of time

So you say that if you do projects at school you should be paid huh? Or if you are doing an interneship? There is a difference between ASKING for help like people doing charity and DEMANDING for something. I don't remember asking you anything personally. I help people all the time without asking anything in return. Not everyone thinks the way you do.

So if you are not interested in helping in any way and your only purpose here is attack me just because my idea of 'asking for free' makes you frustrated, I think that you should spend your time in better ways. If someone is nice enough to offer their help just because they want to have a fun project for their entertainment, I don't think it is any of your business.

Being an asshole helps no one, it only shows your qualities as a person.

Anyway I am not here to argue, its a waste of time. I have better things to do.

hchert
hchert
  • Member since: May. 15, 2015
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Animator

you are fucked in the head , if you think that applies here

debate me on it , if you dont mind me recording and putting it up on youtube

SKYPE : hchert

DISCORD : Henry#0578

SteliosGame
SteliosGame
  • Member since: Apr. 14, 2016
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Voice Actor
Response to [Unpaid]Looking for animators! 2017-03-17 13:17:31 Reply

At 3/17/17 10:52 AM, hchert wrote: you are fucked in the head , if you think that applies here

debate me on it , if you dont mind me recording and putting it up on youtube

SKYPE : hchert

DISCORD : Henry#0578

I would appreciate if you stop harassing me on newgrounds, youtube, twitter and skype. stop stalking people. thanks.

hchert
hchert
  • Member since: May. 15, 2015
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Animator
Response to [Unpaid]Looking for animators! 2017-03-17 13:20:00 Reply

DEBATE ME you can't , you're full of shit

see you never again you pussy bitch

Sicsophor
Sicsophor
  • Member since: Jun. 22, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 03
Animator
Response to [Unpaid]Looking for animators! 2017-03-18 11:19:23 Reply

It says "Unpaid" right in the title. Why is anyone even bothering coming in here to say anything? That's like going to a store that has "Closed" in their window and you start complaining that it's not open. Quit being morons.

SteliosGame
SteliosGame
  • Member since: Apr. 14, 2016
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Voice Actor
Response to [Unpaid]Looking for animators! 2017-03-18 11:45:58 Reply

At 3/18/17 11:19 AM, Sicsophor wrote: It says "Unpaid" right in the title. Why is anyone even bothering coming in here to say anything? That's like going to a store that has "Closed" in their window and you start complaining that it's not open. Quit being morons.

Exactly. Thank you man.

hchert
hchert
  • Member since: May. 15, 2015
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Animator
Response to [Unpaid]Looking for animators! 2017-03-18 13:45:41 Reply

dude read his post

HideoutGamer
HideoutGamer
  • Member since: Mar. 18, 2017
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to [Unpaid]Looking for animators! 2017-03-18 15:03:44 Reply

Well i tried out because i don't really care about pay rn. \_'-'_/

SteliosGame
SteliosGame
  • Member since: Apr. 14, 2016
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Voice Actor
Response to [Unpaid]Looking for animators! 2017-03-18 15:38:14 Reply

At 3/18/17 03:03 PM, HideoutGamer wrote: Well i tried out because i don't really care about pay rn. \_'-'_/

Thanks :) Will be fun!

HideoutGamer
HideoutGamer
  • Member since: Mar. 18, 2017
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to [Unpaid]Looking for animators! 2017-03-18 15:40:16 Reply

At 3/18/17 03:38 PM, SteliosGame wrote:
At 3/18/17 03:03 PM, HideoutGamer wrote: Well i tried out because i don't really care about pay rn. \_'-'_/
Thanks :) Will be fun!

Will be :D

Sicsophor
Sicsophor
  • Member since: Jun. 22, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 03
Animator
Response to [Unpaid]Looking for animators! 2017-03-18 16:16:29 Reply

At 3/18/17 01:45 PM, hchert wrote: dude read his post

Go away.

hchert
hchert
  • Member since: May. 15, 2015
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Animator
Response to [Unpaid]Looking for animators! 2017-03-18 16:21:24 Reply

At 3/18/17 04:16 PM, Sicsophor wrote:
At 3/18/17 01:45 PM, hchert wrote: dude read his post
Go away.

dude chill , this guy is exploiting kids

Sicsophor
Sicsophor
  • Member since: Jun. 22, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 03
Animator
Response to [Unpaid]Looking for animators! 2017-03-18 16:59:31 Reply

At 3/18/17 04:21 PM, hchert wrote:
At 3/18/17 04:16 PM, Sicsophor wrote:
At 3/18/17 01:45 PM, hchert wrote: dude read his post
Go away.
dude chill , this guy is exploiting kids

He's not exploiting anything if he's being honest about his finances right from the start. You're starting unnecessary drama where there doesn't need to be any. So really, log off of Newgrounds, and go do something productive in your life.

Zeno-Sensie
Zeno-Sensie
  • Member since: Jul. 29, 2016
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to [Unpaid]Looking for animators! 2017-03-20 15:00:09 Reply

As a "content creator" and an animator I can empathize with both sides of this argument. No one is really right or wrong and the overall situation was handled poorly.

But all that aside I wanted to comment on your videos. Your intro is very clean and looks professional. However, your thumbnails are rather poor in comparison. I would never click on one of your videos for the thumbnail alone. Work on that and you should see a nice little boost in views.

hchert
hchert
  • Member since: May. 15, 2015
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Animator

i would like to apologize for my behavior
it was my fault
and it will not happen again
I hope you can forgive me @SteliosGame , if not I get it.
sorry.

(I was also abit drunk ,had 2.5 beers)

berdthenerdy
berdthenerdy
  • Member since: Dec. 24, 2014
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Animator
Response to [Unpaid]Looking for animators! 2017-03-20 15:50:33 Reply

I just watched some of your videos, and I would love to do this.
Reply if interested.

SteliosGame
SteliosGame
  • Member since: Apr. 14, 2016
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Voice Actor
Response to [Unpaid]Looking for animators! 2017-03-20 16:00:11 Reply

At 3/20/17 03:00 PM, Zeno-Sensie wrote: As a "content creator" and an animator I can empathize with both sides of this argument. No one is really right or wrong and the overall situation was handled poorly.

But all that aside I wanted to comment on your videos. Your intro is very clean and looks professional. However, your thumbnails are rather poor in comparison. I would never click on one of your videos for the thumbnail alone. Work on that and you should see a nice little boost in views.

Thank you for the constructive criticism zeno, appreciate it! Thank you for the intro compliment, happy you enjoyed. About the thumbnails, it was the part of my partner and he hasn't gotten used yet, but I have already told him about that and the future scheduled thumbnails have more personality and a more colorful background. We are just finding our style since it is new!

If you have anything else besides the thumbnails that we already changed, I would love to hear that. I am going for the best quality possible and it would help a lot!

SteliosGame
SteliosGame
  • Member since: Apr. 14, 2016
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Voice Actor
Response to [Unpaid]Looking for animators! 2017-03-20 16:01:02 Reply

At 3/20/17 03:50 PM, berdthenerdy wrote: I just watched some of your videos, and I would love to do this.
Reply if interested.

Sure, happy to have fun together! :D

VivendmaYoutube
VivendmaYoutube
  • Member since: Nov. 27, 2016
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Animator
Response to [Unpaid]Looking for animators! 2017-03-20 21:53:41 Reply

If you need help thumbnail wise, go to BeFunky! It is for free with no download and watermark! Also, I could maybe animate one video for you for free! (ex of work - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTzBdNYLpzI&list=PLu3-Hc1wrpH03cf2cDAlnjkVp6PDw_DKf&index=1)

[Unpaid]Looking for animators!

SteliosGame
SteliosGame
  • Member since: Apr. 14, 2016
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Voice Actor
Response to [Unpaid]Looking for animators! 2017-03-20 23:48:17 Reply

At 3/20/17 09:53 PM, VivendmaYoutube wrote: If you need help thumbnail wise, go to BeFunky! It is for free with no download and watermark! Also, I could maybe animate one video for you for free! (ex of work - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTzBdNYLpzI&list=PLu3-Hc1wrpH03cf2cDAlnjkVp6PDw_DKf&index=1)

Thanks for the link and the offer man!

kehny
kehny
  • Member since: Jun. 21, 2015
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Animator

Nice looking channel you got there.

Even though you put "unpaid" in the title, you want to get your version of gg animated without effort at all.
The game grumps did their own, and never asked for gg animated, fans did that on their own. When they asked for animations, they paid well. Not to mention they had their previous careers to back their channel up.
You are trying to take a shortcut on effort... NEVER avoid effort.

I agree hchert went overboard and should freaking chill. But he posted what happened between you guys, and it's not pretty.
I understand you might loose your chill when someone just says KYS out of the blue, but you didn't have to lose your chill as well.

Wondermeow has a point, any kind of incentive is fine. Just because theese kids work for free, doesn't mean you can take them for granted. They'll drop the animations before they finish them, that's what ussually happens.

I super wish you the best. Haters are everywhere, and you can shrug them off, but you can't assault them for disagreeing with you.

SteliosGame
SteliosGame
  • Member since: Apr. 14, 2016
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Voice Actor
Response to [Unpaid]Looking for animators! 2017-03-23 02:33:19 Reply

At 3/23/17 02:12 AM, kehny wrote: Nice looking channel you got there.

Even though you put "unpaid" in the title, you want to get your version of gg animated without effort at all.
The game grumps did their own, and never asked for gg animated, fans did that on their own. When they asked for animations, they paid well. Not to mention they had their previous careers to back their channel up.
You are trying to take a shortcut on effort... NEVER avoid effort.

I agree hchert went overboard and should freaking chill. But he posted what happened between you guys, and it's not pretty.
I understand you might loose your chill when someone just says KYS out of the blue, but you didn't have to lose your chill as well.

Wondermeow has a point, any kind of incentive is fine. Just because theese kids work for free, doesn't mean you can take them for granted. They'll drop the animations before they finish them, that's what ussually happens.

I super wish you the best. Haters are everywhere, and you can shrug them off, but you can't assault them for disagreeing with you.

Thank you for the comment and best wishes. I shouldn't really reply because I don't think there is any point anymore, but I didn't want to be rude.

First of all there is a difference between disagreement and attack. That person kept swearing at me, stalking me in every media he could find and harassing me in general. I am not going to tolerate such behavior just because someone had a bad day or something like that, as I respect others, I expect respect too.

And as many other times it was mentioned, the title itself says 'unpaid'. So anyone who isn't interested shouldn't even bother with this topic.

Then you talk about Gamegrumps. Which from the first day they started their channel had a good following since they had previous Youtube careers on their own. How are we going to pay someone to create animations for us if we don't make any money ourselves? And just because some people are willing to take our ideas and create animations, this doesn't mean they are less important than more experienced animators, I will treat them the same way. I don't understand why you connect skills and experience with doing something for free? Even if a big animator liked what we do and would like to do something for us, we would still be as happy as an amateur one would.

I don't think I have done anything wrong here. I asked for people interested to have a fun project with me, and completed my goal. And I really appreciate the people who offered that, it doesn't mean I want to take advantage of them. I even offered to every one of them any help they need or any of my services like do banners for them or other graphic designing, video editing, etc.

I don't understand why people connect money with doing something which isn't even work. I didn't tell them to do specific things, just do whatever they want and have fun becoming better animators using my work. I find it really stupid that this conversation continues and people don't understand that other things can be done rather than money to repay someone for your gratitude. If I would try to take advantage of these people, it would be a different story.

But since you don't know me as a person, everyone should stop just assuming things just because 'everyone else does the same'. Stop generalizing.

Anyway this is what I had to say and this comment wasn't targeted to you specifically, your kind word were sweet and I appreciate them. But this is the last time I address this because this conversation is just a waste of time, since I already found awesome people to have fun projects together.

Thank you for reading.

Sicsophor
Sicsophor
  • Member since: Jun. 22, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 03
Animator
Response to [Unpaid]Looking for animators! 2017-03-23 16:56:02 Reply

I have to disagree with this part: "I don't understand why people connect money with doing something which isn't even work."

ALL animation is work. You'd be surprised how long it can take to get a single second completed.