00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

CloudFlare News & Audio Management

13,461 Views | 43 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to CloudFlare News & Audio Management 2017-02-28 12:11:33

At 2/24/17 12:10 PM, TomFulp wrote:
February is a short month and only four days remain to become a supporter and help us towards our monthly goal! If the thought of NG not being around in 10 years makes you sad, get on board asap because magical fairies aren't gonna save the day. NG needs your $2.99 a month / $25 per year!

Is there any news about the store going back up?

Response to CloudFlare News & Audio Management 2017-02-28 17:17:18

At 2/28/17 12:11 PM, Tykwa wrote:
At 2/24/17 12:10 PM, TomFulp wrote:
February is a short month and only four days remain to become a supporter and help us towards our monthly goal! If the thought of NG not being around in 10 years makes you sad, get on board asap because magical fairies aren't gonna save the day. NG needs your $2.99 a month / $25 per year!
Is there any news about the store going back up?

What would you want from the NG store? DVDs that are over 10 years old? I dont understand.
sharkrobot is still selling t-shirts http://sharkrobot.com/collections/newgrounds . Thats about it.
I dont want to knock the idea of the store, but I mean really?

Really?

BBS Signature

Response to CloudFlare News & Audio Management 2017-03-03 07:52:15

At 2/28/17 06:02 AM, YoonseoChoiChoi wrote: I want newgrounds be free from the ads!

As a Supporter, those dreams can come true! ;)

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to CloudFlare News & Audio Management 2017-03-03 22:53:12

At 2/24/17 06:07 PM, YoonseoChoiChoi wrote: I want newgrounds without bloody violence and Adults only games,movie or art. If it's solved, Newgrounds will be a good place for the Teenagers. (Like me! I am 15 year old! )

Maybe if a video app ever gets launched, it could use your rating preferences to filter the content you want?

Response to CloudFlare News & Audio Management 2017-03-04 06:05:31

Huh. Wonder if instagram was affected. Some guy from Russia tried to log into my account. I wish there was a setting to only allow logins from a certain geographical area -- except it would just show up as an incorrect password and send me an email about it.

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to CloudFlare News & Audio Management 2017-03-04 19:08:16

That Global Audio License feature is really handy. I've recently used it and it works very fast as well. It's good to set a particular license these days, especially with how much music is being stolen or used without the Artists consent, although there isn't much an indie musician can do to see if someone on the internet HAS used their music in their game or animation and advertised, there are so many loopholes and take downs notices don't always help, let alone FINDING the perpetrator, limited resources, don't have a big PR company backing you.

Still it's a welcome change.

BBS Signature

Response to CloudFlare News & Audio Management 2017-03-05 17:54:02

At 2/25/17 07:33 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 2/25/17 06:14 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 2/24/17 05:05 PM, SevenSeize wrote: Is there a supporter badge for 2017? (Like on our stats on our profiles?) Mine hasn't shown up yet if so, and the stat whore in me needs it.
I guess you're paying monthly? The badge should show up at the end of the year that way... assuming you get in all 12 payments. ;)
Correct!

I have my paypal set up to send a $15.00 payment every month, so I thought the badge woulda shown up already is all. I've already paid $30.00 for this year. (2017)

It's showing up as coming out on my credit card statement @TomFulp, so if it isn't showing up on my NG account, I'm blaming Russia.

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to CloudFlare News & Audio Management 2017-03-06 01:29:25

At 2/24/17 06:07 PM, YoonseoChoiChoi wrote: I want newgrounds without bloody violence and Adults only games,movie or art. If it's solved, Newgrounds will be a good place for the Teenagers. (Like me! I am 15 year old! )

You know you can mark adult content to not be seen right?

Response to CloudFlare News & Audio Management 2017-03-06 07:14:39

At 3/5/17 05:54 PM, SevenSeize wrote: I have my paypal set up to send a $15.00 payment every month, so I thought the badge woulda shown up already is all. I've already paid $30.00 for this year. (2017)

It's showing up as coming out on my credit card statement @TomFulp, so if it isn't showing up on my NG account, I'm blaming Russia.

Sounds like it could be hardwired to award the badge after a certain amount of payments rather than a certain amount, though with monthly payments at their default price ($2.99) a yearly badge would be $36 sooo maybe just one more month before it pops up? Suppose the official answer will clear all theories though..

BBS Signature

At 3/4/17 06:05 AM, EDM364 wrote: Huh. Wonder if instagram was affected. Some guy from Russia tried to log into my account. I wish there was a setting to only allow logins from a certain geographical area -- except it would just show up as an incorrect password and send me an email about it.

Interesting idea, though maybe difficult if you happen to have to travel, or use a VPN, or for some reason get perceived as being in a location other than the one you are in... and people could go via proxies to make it look like they're from another area than they are, too, though course if they don't know about the limitation that wouldn't be a problem...

IMO two-factor authorization seems like the best/easiest solution though. If all bigger sites could implement it, you could have phone-based verification for the most important accounts (like email), and then just email-based verification for everything else. Once per device so you don't have to keep doing it. Backup codes if for some reason something doesn't work. Seems pretty bulletproof.

BBS Signature

Response to CloudFlare News & Audio Management 2017-03-06 08:34:24

At 3/5/17 05:54 PM, SevenSeize wrote: I have my paypal set up to send a $15.00 payment every month, so I thought the badge woulda shown up already is all. I've already paid $30.00 for this year. (2017)

It bases it on months vs how much you paid but it seems like it would be best to base it on hitting the $25 threshold - gonna see if that can get changed.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to CloudFlare News & Audio Management 2017-03-06 17:52:13

At 2/28/17 06:02 AM, YoonseoChoiChoi wrote: I want newgrounds be free from the ads!

I wonder if there was a way to do that oh wait there is.

Yes I think suicide is funny and I am sick of pretending its not.

eX(Wi/Ht? #45)

BBS Signature

Response to CloudFlare News & Audio Management 2017-03-06 17:52:40

At 3/6/17 08:34 AM, TomFulp wrote:

It bases it on months vs how much you paid but it seems like it would be best to base it on hitting the $25 threshold - gonna see if that can get changed.

If anything, I'll pay another 20 bucks before the end of the year so I can get my badge. I do the 15 a month just because that's all that's in my budget at the moment (Times are tough yo. ), and by the end of the year, I'll have given over 100 bucks. That makes me feel warm inside.

But I am about to order a pizza.

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to CloudFlare News & Audio Management 2017-03-06 18:04:22

At 3/6/17 05:52 PM, SevenSeize wrote: If anything, I'll pay another 20 bucks before the end of the year so I can get my badge. I do the 15 a month just because that's all that's in my budget at the moment (Times are tough yo. ), and by the end of the year, I'll have given over 100 bucks. That makes me feel warm inside.

But I am about to order a pizza.

It's already amazing that you're doing $15 per month, THANK YOU! We're looking at changing the system now so it will base it on hitting the $25 threshold vs requiring 12 months.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature