00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

Post Pics of Your Studio Setup

2,548 Views | 40 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Post Pics of Your Studio Setup 2017-03-12 23:16:45

At 3/7/17 06:25 PM, Phonometrologist wrote: Well, I figured I should take a photo of my current setup before I convert it into a nursery approximately 6 months from now:

Congrats. Do you know if it's a boy or a girl yet?

At 3/12/17 11:16 PM, B16 wrote: Congrats. Do you know if it's a boy or a girl yet?

Thanks. It's a little too early to tell as it only has been 4 months, and I'm not doing a DNA test.

For the sake of not derailing the conversation, I'll also post a closer view too.
Gotta love natural lighting

Response to Post Pics of Your Studio Setup 2017-03-20 20:42:05

Got another local band in to record an EP, so the room is packed and the cable jungle is in full swing. Also having some fun playing around on this monster kit on the off-days.

Derp.

BBS Signature

Response to Post Pics of Your Studio Setup 2017-03-21 04:31:19

Here's my...study...heh. That's what I call this room anyway, its got bookshelves off camera, but it's also where I record music and play video games....mmm...5760x1080...mmmm

Response to Post Pics of Your Studio Setup 2017-03-21 04:31:43

Here's the other half of it:

Response to Post Pics of Your Studio Setup 2017-06-27 13:23:56

Current set up - recently moved, and had to figure out where to put all this good stuff, so in lieu of a studio room the kids got a playroom (which is a win for everybody) and the studio ended up parked in the dining room. The desk I actually made from an Ikea solid oak counter top which I sanded and finished then put legs on, I'm very happy with how it turned out. First time I've had a desk big enough to hold everything and it was super cheap too! Also was able to tuck my amp/pedalboard beneath the desk while leaving the amp head on top, looks nice and clean.

Response to Post Pics of Your Studio Setup 2017-06-27 14:45:07

I wish I could move my keyboard in here but there is not enough space. I do a lot of copyist work so it's not as important to actually have the keyboard in the same room as me I suppose.

Response to Post Pics of Your Studio Setup 2017-06-28 12:39:46

Here we go. My goodness, you people are all SO CLEAN.

My keyboard (Numa StudioLogic) that I gig with is also what I use for MIDI input and it is falling apart from years of being hauled around. That white thing on the keys is actually one of its side panels (the other fell off too. RIP). The acoustic guitar in the top left is a stunning guitar my dad made for me and there's an electric behind that that he made too. The Squier on the right was a present for my 15th birthday. I have no monitors, sadly (one day!) Instead, I make use of a Scarlett 2i2, some headphones I got from school, an SM58 and a busted, 5 year old laptop running a limited edition of Cubase 7. I also like keeping water next to my equipment to keep me alert because there's always a chance I spill it and destroy everything important that I own. I just saw the cables on the side of my desk and they're triggering my anxiety pretty hard. There's also an assortment of random shit on the desk which is upsetting.

You all make me feel impoverished and filthy, but I'm happy to share and to see what everyone else is working with and to let people know that you don't need fancy things to make music!

I'm going to clean my room now. This photo was a stark realisation that I am living in sub-optimal music-making conditions.

hemlo yes i am the do durgs

johnfn made me this signature because i placed 6th in ngadm and only 5th and up got cool signatures but lets face it this is better

BBS Signature

Hey. Here's my setup.

I have:
A computer (For making music)
A cup of water (if I get thirsty)
A notebook (I don't know why)
Mouse (to move the mouse)
Power cable (to charge my computer)
A phone (To make and receive calls)
A plant (to decorate the table)
A hall (to walk through)
A coaster (to put the cup on)
FL studio (it has my song 'party' open)
Table (to put everything on it)

Rate my setup 0-10.

Response to Post Pics of Your Studio Setup 2017-06-29 01:05:34

It's usually way more messy than this.

Just a random idiot

At 6/28/17 11:41 PM, ParabolicX wrote: Hey. Here's my setup.

I have:
A computer (For making music)
A cup of water (if I get thirsty)
A notebook (I don't know why)
Mouse (to move the mouse)
Power cable (to charge my computer)
A phone (To make and receive calls)
A plant (to decorate the table)
A hall (to walk through)
A coaster (to put the cup on)
FL studio (it has my song 'party' open)
Table (to put everything on it)

Rate my setup 0-10.

You sassy bitch. I love your post and sense of humour. Setup 4/10. Spiciness: 200000SHU

Edit: Just realised that calling someone I don't know a bitch might be misconstrued as being rude! I meant it in an affectionate way probably because I've been binge-watching Ru Paul's Drag Race for the last two days...

hemlo yes i am the do durgs

johnfn made me this signature because i placed 6th in ngadm and only 5th and up got cool signatures but lets face it this is better

BBS Signature