00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

wilwz just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

February COTM: Epic Arty Party!

13,951 Views | 142 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to February COTM: Epic Arty Party! 2017-02-20 15:11:08

Here is my Work In Progress image of the Epic Arty Party Contest submission. Good luck to all! The final will be posted on my newgrounds page if you guys are interested :)

Response to February COTM: Epic Arty Party! 2017-02-20 15:23:18

This is my work in progress!

Response to February COTM: Epic Arty Party! 2017-02-20 16:08:52

At 2/19/17 02:10 PM, F-Zgr wrote: this is my idea for arty party wish me luck :)

its getting somewhere i hope i finish in time

Response to February COTM: Epic Arty Party! 2017-02-20 19:28:35

At 2/20/17 03:04 AM, TopazAzul wrote: Still in progress of putting things together. Would've been sooner if my workhorse didn't crash all of a sudden. Submitted a video of my progress thus far. Trying to break the constant 'start over' habit.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/689181?updated=1487577456

UPDATE:
Here's another link with the WIP: http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/topazazul/epic-arty-party-development
Its collage-like featuring separate elements that'll get pieced together digitally. There are good days and bad days in my illustrative world.

Finished Product: http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/topazazul/epic-arty-party-finale
My head has been in a fog as of late. I'm not super good at working digitally but have my moments. The sunset is an actual piece that I completed a couple of days ago and the decent illustration toward the back was compiled last month with a series of mini tracing paper sheets taped to my sketch paper in layers. Hope its enjoyable and will eventually get a kick out of the commentary of what transpired during the festivities.

Response to February COTM: Epic Arty Party! 2017-02-20 22:50:41

These are my process pictures, this was a challenge since I'm DEFINITELY a traditional artist art hart, but I adored working with colors.

Response to February COTM: Epic Arty Party! 2017-02-20 22:51:02

At 2/20/17 10:50 PM, PeachTeaLeaf wrote: These are my process pictures, this was a challenge since I'm DEFINITELY a traditional artist art hart, but I adored working with colors.

Last picture before the final product!

I have been working on this piece for almost 3 weeks and I am finally finished. I kept trying to add and add. At one point I said I had too much so scaled back, but I am super happy with the way it turned out. My piece features baby versions of famous artists. (Reading left to right: Frida Kahlo, Jackson Pollock, Pablo Picasso, Vincent Van Gogh, and Bob Ross) :) Good Luck to everyone who submitted work! Looking forward to seeing everyone's finished piece. #EpicArtyParty

Response to February COTM: Epic Arty Party! 2017-02-21 05:24:53

Hi, my name is Lisa I'm struggling with submitting my work. I'm new on newgrounds and unscouted so I don't think my entry is even going to show up in the submissions for the competition although I've tagged it correctly. Can anyone help me? I'm putting my work in progress here. Any help would be appreciated.

Response to February COTM: Epic Arty Party! 2017-02-21 05:28:39

As I don't really know what to do or if my entry will show up I'll also put the finished piece on here so hopefully it'll still be seen :)

Response to February COTM: Epic Arty Party! 2017-02-21 06:29:10

At 2/20/17 07:45 AM, jermaine1995 wrote: I wasn't really sure if i should enter this month, for some reason it just didn't feel right, (felt unmotivated) but i couldn't sit still at all so when i started drawing and drawing, i basically couldn't stop, before i knew it, i completed half of the COTM.
Afterwards i just found the urge to finish the drawing, i just couldn't stop myself

Below is the WIP

Finished it

guys, I need a timer in COTM - when exactly a dedline is?))))) my time zone is GMT+2 and i have no idea am I in time or not T_T

Response to February COTM: Epic Arty Party! 2017-02-21 18:01:29

At 2/21/17 08:16 AM, Yirr wrote: guys, I need a timer in COTM - when exactly a dedline is?))))) my time zone is GMT+2 and i have no idea am I in time or not T_T

Same, I'm on UTC -6, central time. I don't wanna be late.

Response to February COTM: Epic Arty Party! 2017-02-21 19:49:36

Epic Livestream party

Response to February COTM: Epic Arty Party! 2017-02-21 20:02:58

Just turning in my cotm piece and remebered to turn in a WIP! Cant forget to turn that in!

Response to February COTM: Epic Arty Party! 2017-02-21 22:17:10

Hello Jazza,

ScottishPancake here trying my hand at the Challenge of the Month! I apologize if my entry is late I wasn't completely sure of deadline meant by or on Feb 21st. So I am submitting now I just have rather busy lately so sorry if I am a bit late. I included pictures with the upload proving that this is my work couldn't find out how to do the description. Thanks and looking forward to the next one! The image was suppose to be a series of photographs taken from said "Arty Party" not 4 separate entires. And I apologize for the wonky arm :P

Response to February COTM: Epic Arty Party! 2017-02-22 05:34:27

I cant wait to see the announcrment.
Here is so many cool stuff :O

Response to February COTM: Epic Arty Party! 2017-02-22 08:50:19

this is my finish epic arty party.
I choose to represent a sullen background in a painting studio, in which characters painted on canvas make party

Wow this theme was very difficult to implement but I'm so happy with the result....so maybe you'll see on my page

Response to February COTM: Epic Arty Party! 2017-02-23 09:07:47

At 2/19/17 06:22 PM, TeikoDekinai88 wrote:
At 2/5/17 11:31 AM, chloemaryanne wrote: This is also my first art competition. I am 22 so quite old so feel my art should be better than this but i did this piece in two days and i don't know if i like it anymore and should continue with it to submit for the COTM.. thoughts and feedback highly welcome :]
much love and good luck everyone :]
I really love this piece. The color pallet that you chose is on point. I can really feel the emotion, which is sometimes hard to convey. Congrats on your first competition. Do not feel old I am 28 and also feel my work should be better. Just remember practice all the time. Look at things differently and be inspired by everything. If you are unsure of your piece walk away from it for a day or two, turn it up side down. Just remember to look at it from a different angle. Always step back from it and look. We as artist are our own toughest critics. Just keep doing what you are doing and always ask a fresh pair of eyes to look at your work. It will help. Best of luck to you.

thank you so much, that really meant alot. as it turned out i just found out this morning via message on newgrounds I was a finalist so thats made me super happy :) its so nice to be a part of jazza's community and get such lovely things said to me, you really are very kind and thoughtful for sending me this message :) would love to do an art swap sometime :)

Response to February COTM: Epic Arty Party! 2017-02-25 01:46:18

Please tell me where you can see the winners of the challenge?

Response to February COTM: Epic Arty Party! 2017-02-25 02:29:15

At 2/25/17 01:46 AM, Qstick wrote: Please tell me where you can see the winners of the challenge?

here! =) https://www.youtube.com/DrawWithJazza

Response to February COTM: Epic Arty Party! 2017-03-19 21:03:28

OH no problem. I remember being where you are and I still kinda am. I have a BA in Art and I still have a long way to go. I just love seeing amazing work and I really loved yours. I have never done an Art swap through New Grounds. I am still a newbie at this.