February COTM: Epic Arty Party!

11,839 Views | 156 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to February COTM: Epic Arty Party! 2017-02-08 00:40:34

finally starting to add refining lines.

Response to February COTM: Epic Arty Party! 2017-02-08 01:03:48

At 2/6/17 01:14 PM, LinDArtist wrote: At 2/6/17 03:54 AM
This is awesome. The person taking a selfie makes it look really exciting like it has a great vibe to it. You could try doing something really huge and extreme in the background that would really stand out.
What would you suggest I do in the background?

Maybe some really big boosted speakers that spray paint, or even lots of drawings that really show off your art? In the end, it's your drawing so as long as you find something you feel comfortable with.

Response to February COTM: Epic Arty Party! 2017-02-08 03:56:40

More lines on paper. This may take a while.

My wip hope everyone enjoys

Response to February COTM: Epic Arty Party! 2017-02-08 06:05:07

At 2/7/17 11:55 PM, Libernico wrote:
At 2/7/17 06:38 PM, BolicheX wrote:
At 2/7/17 04:33 AM, Libernico wrote: Another wip.
Just... wow, really nice idea, I see it getting more a more interesting and detailed.
Keep it on!
Thanks! here is a more detailed version. It's still a sketch so feel free to point out any mistakes in the perspective.

Oh my god, that looks amazing! I wish I was less afraid to put in so many things and so much detail :O

Response to February COTM: Epic Arty Party! 2017-02-08 07:24:48

Yay here's a work in progress...
I'm bad with making human faces but still trying my best.
I'm drawing myself in it as well, I'm in the right bottom corner.
First time even drawing myself digitally surprisingly to me.

Response to February COTM: Epic Arty Party! 2017-02-08 10:10:34

my current WIP. i still have a little to add to the line art and then i am going to start adding colour! i am still a little nervous about peoples feedback but it has been nice to get back into art. i haven't done a proper piece in nearly 6 months....

Response to February COTM: Epic Arty Party! 2017-02-08 17:11:47

At 2/5/17 05:11 PM, chloemaryanne wrote: new composition, I used what id already got and have started to put in new characters. anyone got any opinions? thanks :)

Awesome man! I love how the characters almost have a diffrent style to them. Keep up the good work!

Response to February COTM: Epic Arty Party! 2017-02-08 19:02:38

So this is my really rough sketch/idea for this month's COTM and I think I am going to add a bit more craziness into this one. I am glad to finally be participating in the COTM for the first time. Wish me luck! :p

Response to February COTM: Epic Arty Party! 2017-02-09 01:48:03

My arty party drawing for the contest this took me 3hours to make and I am very excited to win first place!

Response to February COTM: Epic Arty Party! 2017-02-09 07:14:04

Another wip.

I have the idea to draw the hands in a completely different style compared to the rest to make them stand out, like hey don't belong in this world. I'm trying to go for a realistic style, but I'm not very good at it.

Response to February COTM: Epic Arty Party! 2017-02-09 11:05:51

i have started adding colour and some textures to the background now, its slowly coming together :) i still have a lot to work on but i am really liking my progress so far.

Response to February COTM: Epic Arty Party! 2017-02-09 13:44:55

well since my last COTM failure, bad idea, terrible handeling made me take a brake from art lowering my demand and focus to cool my core down.
Now im back on a new track since i broke the last one.
I kinda painted a small graffiti of computer mouse with wings and stabbed drawing tablet with broken chains and bleeding with color on epicaxe COTM, decided to recycle the idea and make it better kinda knowing i might do it again.

I had a Deja Vu almost dream, kinda realistic one that i unbox wacom intuos pro M in first person peeling off the plastict transparent sheet. even to the point that the dream repeats itself that i am using a tablet even tough i never touched one. Just maybe my art will start to pay off. But for now i'm a ghost with barely any popularity with pure imagination.

Response to February COTM: Epic Arty Party! 2017-02-09 14:10:30

Hey guys this is my WIP for the COTM.
I'm going for the general idea that "When the artists away the art will play." Or have an epic party.
Thoughts and feedback are appreciated.

Response to February COTM: Epic Arty Party! 2017-02-09 20:18:06

Here is my sketch / linework for my submission. This is my first time submitting on newgrounds or participating in the COTM. I wasn't sure where the WIP had to go so i'm putting this here, but I've also included the original idea rough sketch and my final piece on my newgrounds page.

My idea was a party with a bunch of characcters that participate in multiple different art forms.

Response to February COTM: Epic Arty Party! 2017-02-10 00:41:54

At 2/9/17 02:10 PM, MC-Kenzie wrote: Hey guys this is my WIP for the COTM.
I'm going for the general idea that "When the artists away the art will play." Or have an epic party.
Thoughts and feedback are appreciated.

This is awesommeeeee

Response to February COTM: Epic Arty Party! 2017-02-10 13:08:50

My WIP

Response to February COTM: Epic Arty Party! 2017-02-10 13:53:41

#epicartypartyWIP
This is my rough sketch for my epic arty party. The babies are all famous artists Bob Ross, Van Gogh, Pollock, Kahlo, and Picasso. I am going to give working on coloring and refining it this week! Looking forward to seeing everyone else's work too! This is my first time entering a contest.

Response to February COTM: Epic Arty Party! 2017-02-10 19:21:03

my WIP sketch its a crazy arty party
follow me on IG @bRadtoons for more WIP

It took a few days for me to get the time, but I'm able to start my contest entry now.

Response to February COTM: Epic Arty Party! 2017-02-11 00:09:56

At 2/3/17 08:38 PM, MadelineJackson wrote: Hey, guys, I came up w/ a little surprise for Jazza. Personally, I have improved immensely largely due to his videos... I was thinking that if we could all have something like this, we could...inspire Jazza or something... Just an Idea.
Thanks!

I'M IN!!!! I owe a lot to him. And my first post on Newgrounds shall be dedicated to him.

BBS Signature

Response to February COTM: Epic Arty Party! 2017-02-11 06:38:59

My final WIP

Response to February COTM: Epic Arty Party! 2017-02-11 11:25:36

The most epic R.T. Party /Arty Party) with celebrating Robot´s

Response to February COTM: Epic Arty Party! 2017-02-11 12:02:20

Here's a W.I.P. of my entry for this contest. This is actually my second attempt but it's fine.

Response to February COTM: Epic Arty Party! 2017-02-11 13:11:52

New WIP because I did not like my last one! Idk if I am gonna put it in the beginners category because I am only 12 and started drawing like 2 years ago sooo....

Response to February COTM: Epic Arty Party! 2017-02-11 17:17:48

New WIP because I did not like my last one! Idk if I am gonna put it in the beginners category because I am only 12 and started drawing like 2 years ago sooo....

Response to February COTM: Epic Arty Party! 2017-02-11 20:46:35

Arbor Boards

--

Re: At 2/2/17 06:49 AM, Jazza wrote:

Hey All!

As usual this is a thread where I encourage Challenge of the month participants to share ideas and WIP's!

Thi

Response to February COTM: Epic Arty Party! 2017-02-12 01:31:39

And I came to challenge. GL & FH

Response to February COTM: Epic Arty Party! 2017-02-12 02:59:20

Would having the word "Vagina" spray painted on a wall be considered not PG-13?
What about a very cartoony outline of a penis?
Please let me know so I can change a few things if needed.

my cheese has gone bad

Response to February COTM: Epic Arty Party! 2017-02-12 11:11:00

Hello all, brilliant pieces & WIPs from everyone!
I have a question, would Jazza mind if we use his characters in our piece?