1f1n1ty
1f1n1ty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 07
Musician
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-01 18:13:49 Reply

Heeeeeey! We actually got change to happen! That's AWESOME!

Geometry Dash Drama & Updates

If you're reading this right now, you need to stop reading. Seriously, stop reading. NO. STOP READING. STOP IT YOU I COMMAND YOU TO STOP AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

BBS Signature
dj-Nate
dj-Nate
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician

RobTop wrote:

Edit: I also noticed that Waterflame and some other GD artists were accused of being against Geometry Dash in some discussions. I don’t know how this rumor started, but it is completely untrue. They have all been super supportive, they are the best. GD artists are love, GD artists are life

Dawwww :')

BBS Signature
Alias
Alias
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 12
Reader
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-01 18:44:09 Reply

Thank you for this update! I was wondering what the most recent status update was.

LianGamer
LianGamer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-01 19:08:46 Reply

Newgrounds quisiera ayudarles a criticar las canciones dirigidas a Geometry dash, asi saber si es copyright o es original.
Y respecto a los acontecimientos sucedidos que perjudican tanto a la comunidad como a Newgrounds a sido algo debastante :(

ToadtoadGD
ToadtoadGD
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-01 19:28:36 Reply

Man, that's a good solution! Good job working this out. Us in the GD community have been trying to think of some way to resolve the conflict on both ends, but this is just brilliant!

Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-01 19:30:20 Reply

At 2/1/17 06:13 PM, 1f1n1ty wrote: Heeeeeey! We actually got change to happen! That's AWESOME!

I know right?

PianoPlayer300
PianoPlayer300
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-01 19:47:26 Reply

I just got banned for trying to upload a remix... this is nonsense, tbh... other songs were original, only one re-mix, and boom, I'm out. What a nice site, and what a nice amount of people reading this... which is 0.

dj-Nate
dj-Nate
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-01 20:03:20 Reply

At 2/1/17 07:47 PM, PianoPlayer300 wrote: I just got banned for trying to upload a remix... this is nonsense, tbh... other songs were original, only one re-mix, and boom, I'm out. What a nice site, and what a nice amount of people reading this... which is 0.

NG moderators are pretty no-nonsense from my experience, you should take this up with them via PMs. Otherwise you can always submit your music elsewhere.

BBS Signature
NekoMika
NekoMika
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 50
Musician
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-01 20:07:34 Reply

At 2/1/17 07:47 PM, PianoPlayer300 wrote: I just got banned for trying to upload a remix... this is nonsense, tbh... other songs were original, only one re-mix, and boom, I'm out. What a nice site, and what a nice amount of people reading this... which is 0.

From the looks of it, you had submitted copyrighted audio that was not yours. Take it up with @LexaHergon via PM.

Request Reviews // #8 Reviewer // #2 Audio Reviewer
Audio / Review Moderator - PM with problems or questions

BBS Signature
Xaylocked
Xaylocked
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-01 20:13:24 Reply

Do you know if there's any way to contact RobTop to see if he'd let you be on the verified artist list? (I don't know if he would have the ability to see if one of someone's songs have been removed for stealing.) I'm practicing music production, sometime in the future I hope to be good enough so people want to use my songs in their levels, as I've done with other artists. Also a suggestion. Maybe he can get some volunteer admins (Who can be trusted of course.) who could add artists to the verified list. I just think some of those are some good ideas. After seeing this I was a but dissapointed because I use the level editor so much, It's, like, the BEST level editor out there. It's all about variety and choice and all that, but having a limited amount of artists you can choose from takes away the amount of choice you can make with that. Plus, a lot of artists only come out with one certain type of song, which takes away from the variety, too. I understand if some of the limitations can't be avoided, but it's just kind of sad, not at newgrounds, but from the situation as a whole. Anyways, I hope you guys can get around these issues sometime while keeping the amount of choice that the level editor in geometry dash is recognized for. (In my opinion.) Also, could you make a delay on this so that if the creators were making a level that had a song from a nonverified artist, they wouldn't have to redo the gameplay and rearrange the design and effects, or just scrap their WIP level altogether? I know it wouldn't make that much of a difference since you wouldn't be able to download the song anyways, but the level wouldn't be wasted. I don't know what you can do or what you cant, so i understand if you're unable to do some of these things, or if you're unwilling to, either.

UltraMX
UltraMX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician

Thanks for fixing this problem! Now we are at peace from copyright... for now.

joshuaWhichardGamer
joshuaWhichardGamer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-01 22:01:17 Reply

At 2/1/17 03:28 PM, HellFlameYT666 wrote: all the drama is ****ing retarded

It is but, geometry dash is not retarded. Just the drama.

RainingHotDogs
RainingHotDogs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-01 22:18:41 Reply

Thank you. Hopefully we won't have to deal with any more of this drama now.

SlashBolt1
SlashBolt1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-01 22:24:50 Reply

The only problem I have with this is how smaller artists like myself would actually use their own composed music in GD now that this new format is coming. Are there any specific requirements for the verification?

ZobMusic
ZobMusic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-01 22:45:25 Reply

I understand why you did this but just is my music still allowable in GD? I'm kinda confused my english is more broken than keemstar's career. I play gd but I create my own songs and don't reupload copyrighted one

TaintedLogic
TaintedLogic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 13
Musician
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-01 23:13:00 Reply

I love this! It just gives so much control back to the musicians. Thank you, @TomFulp!

"Reflect on your evils, lest they reflect on you." ~A Magic card lol --- Formerly "TheDoor6"

BBS Signature
steampianist
steampianist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-01 23:28:24 Reply

I feel like some of my works are the ones being uploaded by GD players

@TomFulp is this the reason why you stumble upon Great Trump Wall

SirHadoken
SirHadoken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-01 23:35:40 Reply

This is an interesting solution. Being a part of both communities, I will say that, from what I am interpreting, it makes it harder for people to find unused songs, which they would then promote. On the other hand, there really isn't a better solution for this age-old problem, without enforcing an entire staff completely dedicated to this issue, which I'm sure neither you (Tom) nor Rob are willing to deal with.
I appreciate that the both of you were willing to work together to come up with something. Let's be real, there's never going to be a perfect solution to this. Nevertheless, the solution devised is a solution that will positively affect the mutual community the most, and will, but not in turn, negatively affect the mutual community the least.
Thank you for putting your minds to this ongoing problem. If indolent fools had the integrity to refrain from uploading copyrighted content, then it would not have had to come to this, of course. However, as long as both Newgrounds and Geometry Dash existed in partnership with one another, there would also be these individuals who think they can slip by Newgrounds's amazing and just staff system. Because of such, this solution is something I feel the whole community of Newgrounds should be thrilled for, and the whole community of Geometry Dash should come to accept.

Lumpfriend
Lumpfriend
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-01 23:50:25 Reply

I'm glad to see that a solution was finally reached! I was worried that Robtop wouldn't take notice of the issue, but I guess the petition and all the verbal scraping did it's job. I do hope that all this actually significantly reduces the number of bad submissions being made by Geometry Dash players, once they realize that there's no reason for them to anymore. I'm a bit worried that people will still keep doing it, but hopeful regardless.

xXxKaleBxXx
xXxKaleBxXx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-01 23:53:53 Reply

OFFTOPIC: What is PM? I know you guys keep saying it, but idk what it means.

xXxKaleBxXx
xXxKaleBxXx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-01 23:55:00 Reply

Oh I got it now it means Private Message.

• Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Audiophile
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-02 01:30:37 Reply

At 2/1/17 11:28 PM, steampianist wrote: I feel like some of my works are the ones being uploaded by GD players

@TomFulp is this the reason why you stumble upon Great Trump Wall

Your music is indeed getting used, but from your account. If you were to usethe new option to disable GD usage that would certainly stop.

DJ-DG
DJ-DG
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-02 01:31:02 Reply

This seems like a viable solution... I am just relieved that I managed to get scouted (unintentionally) before this stuff happened (selfish on my part, but oh well xD).
Now I hope it will be easier for all you great NG mods to deal with copyright issues and the like.

Zanzlanz
Zanzlanz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Game Developer
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-02 01:44:01 Reply

I love the addition to audio settings! It's something I've always wanted for the opposite reason it was added. I appreciate being able to keep downloads off, while still allowing Geometry Dash levels to be made from my music. :)

Well done finding a quick solution to the issue!

At 2/1/17 05:09 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 2/1/17 05:03 PM, NuclearNacho67 wrote: Would I have to be "Scouted" by this new system to be allowed to use my songs in GD?
There is nothing on NG that will be able to get you access to be used in Geometry Dash. My impression it will be pretty rare for future artists to get brought in - will likely be reserved for popular artists who have a lot of demand.

So I understand this to be RobTop's concern.
He can implement a suggestion form, or even a submission process for new NG musicians to apply to. At least that would make the approval system quantifiable and systematic.

Hi, you! You're awesome, probably! <3 Have a great day!

WeebSpeed
WeebSpeed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Programmer
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-02 02:14:44 Reply

Great solution to this problem.
This might discourage new players, who want to make music for GD, but let's be honest... You don't JUST make music for a single level in a little game. You do it for the people and your fans

Just your average Weeb... Fite me (งಠ ͜ʖಠ)ง

BBS Signature
shocksidian
shocksidian
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-02 04:31:46 Reply

Kinda neat solution, even though it's sad new users will not be able to get their music more popular through Geometry Dash

ReDSt0n3F4ll
ReDSt0n3F4ll
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-02 04:43:58 Reply

So, if I want to create new account, I have not to use my next music in GD? Or I have to link that account on my old account to verify me?

NekoMika
NekoMika
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 50
Musician

At 2/2/17 04:43 AM, ReDSt0n3F4ll wrote: So, if I want to create new account, I have not to use my next music in GD? Or I have to link that account on my old account to verify me?

Nothing and no one on Newgrounds will be able to help you get your music used in Geometry Dash. As Tom Fulp noted earlier in the thread, unless there is popular demand for the artist, it will be very rare for new artists to be added to the whitelist of artists with usable songs in Geometry Dash.

Request Reviews // #8 Reviewer // #2 Audio Reviewer
Audio / Review Moderator - PM with problems or questions

BBS Signature
Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 51
Musician
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-02 05:40:49 Reply

Thank you for the hard work, and sorry all the stress this has caused.

no5850
no5850
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Geometry Dash Drama & Updates 2017-02-02 06:41:28 Reply

Umm, is this aight? i just played GD the day before yesterday and today, i attempted to look for music specificly for GD with permission. i had "no idea" what a quarter of everthing ment (the last part). so i cant borrow (with permission) music from (awesome) audio artists? that'd be a TEENSY bit sad cuz i actually will not steal. what *&^&(#E@ would do that?! (actually, that was kinda obvious)