00:00
00:00

Humanoid Space Race data sheet

511 Views | 9 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Humanoid Space Race data sheet 2017-01-07 14:16:20

Sorry to the MODS if you feel this is in the wrong board. Feel free to move as you wish.

What is Humanoid Space Race? Check it out here if you wish! http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/686835

As per request of a few players I wanted to give detailed data on the inner-workings of the game such as how points are exactly calculated and so forth. This info is more for the person who likes the game and really wants to know the best way to gain a high score.

I feel like putting data like this in the actual game will be annoying for most players so I'll post it here and have a link to this in the Author comments.

Feel free to comment on anything you wish about the game here or write a review. I take all feedback very serious and really do care what you guys think!

Anyway, here we go.

Points: All things destroyed give points. Stomp kills give bonus points

Small green ships: Kill: 20 pts Stomp Kill: extra 10 pts
Medium yellow ships: Kill: 100 pts Stomp Kill: extra 100 pts
Large Yellow ships: Kill: 550 pts Stomp Kill: extra 250 pts
Yellow ground enemy: Kill: 50 pts Stomp Kill: extra 25 pts
Grey ground enemy: Kill: 300 pts Stomp Kill: extra 100 pts

Boss: The Boss score bonus starts at 10,000 pts and goes down by 100 every second. After you destroy it, the bonus points are added to your total score.

Point deductions when you get hit. I wanted to do all of these calculations as a % making things easier but it screwed with my score attribute. You would end up seeing a score like 2345.2222222233. So I ended up making it additive.

Also, you might not see your score go down when you get hit because you probably are killing something at the same time worth more points than the deduction.

Getting Hit on the first wave: -75 pts killed on the first wave: -300pts
Hit on the second wave: -250pts killed on the second wave: -500pts
Hit on the third wave: -600pts killed on the third wave: -1000pts
Hit on the forth wave: -800pts Killed on the forth wave: -1500pts
Hit on the fifth wave: -1000pts Killed on the fifth wave: -2000pts
Hit on the boss: -500pts Killed on the boss: -1000pts

There are less deductions on the boss because there is not as much opportunity to gain points.

Level Ups

Guns: Every point invested: +1 damage per shot/ Bullet size +15%/ Bullet Speed +10% Fire Rate +10%
Grenades: Every Point invested: +95 damage/ +4 grenade capacity
Stomp: Every Point invested doubles the stomp damage
Lives: Every point invested grants +1 to lives. Getting destroyed in this game really hurts your score and you have wait to re spawn. You could miss valuable power ups while dead so this can have it's advantages.
Speed: Grants an extra 27% speed bonus. You wont notice a huge increase with the first point but after that YOU GO FAST

Wow that is a lot of info!

Thanks for everyone who is playing!!!

Response to Humanoid Space Race data sheet 2017-01-07 14:38:32

Oops almost forgot the Power ups.

"T" power up. Grants +1000 pts and an extra 7 seconds to the wave counter. Collecting these is crucial to gaining a high score.
"S" power up. Grants +1000 pts and destroys everything on the screen including bullets. You keep all kill points from this. These are great for clearing a cluttered screen and getting a big point boost. Especially at the end of a wave.

Response to Humanoid Space Race data sheet 2017-01-07 21:45:48

At 1/7/17 02:38 PM, decafpanda wrote: Oops almost forgot the Power ups.

"T" power up. Grants +1000 pts and an extra 7 seconds to the wave counter. Collecting these is crucial to gaining a high score.
"S" power up. Grants +1000 pts and destroys everything on the screen including bullets. You keep all kill points from this. These are great for clearing a cluttered screen and getting a big point boost. Especially at the end of a wave.

hey man thank you so much for this! i dont say this often, but you are a champ and creating a balanced game. I dont think theres one OP strat looking at this and everything is very balanced.

just broke my high score 3 times in a row following this chart and only maxing speed and stomp, but i can see the merit in leveling up others, this is only my preference.

Once again, well done! you did something really cool here which i dont often get a chance to say honestly

Response to Humanoid Space Race data sheet 2017-01-08 08:52:26

Thanks! Glad so many people are enjoying the game. Keep posted. I will be doing another update soon with more balancing of points, enemy spawns, and collision detection.

Response to Humanoid Space Race data sheet 2017-01-08 13:57:35

1-8-17 update.

Special power up now gives 2000 point bonus to make up for the stomp bonuses.

small green ships now give more stomp bonus 150 points

collision boxes have been reworked to make for better stomping

enemies now spawn at a fixed rate. They still spawn in random locations with random speeds but there will always be the same number of spawns per level (pending your time bonuses of course)

Response to Humanoid Space Race data sheet 2017-01-08 17:20:57

It looks like the latest changes really inflate the scores :P

I do think increasing the bonus for stomping the small ships is a good idea, it's rather difficult and it wasn't worth it before.

Now if only there was a combo counter... even though the game doesn't acknowledge it, when I get like 5 stomp in quick succession, in mind I performed a legit combo.

Response to Humanoid Space Race data sheet 2017-01-08 18:22:41

Ha yeah. Just waiting for someone to break 200,000

I think all the point increases were warranted

the "S" power up kills everything on screen but if you think about it you might actually have been better off not getting it if you could stomp everything and get the bonuses. The score increase compensates for that.

Hope the stomp collisions are tighter too.

I will definitely be doing some kind of combo score bonus in the sequel!!

Response to Humanoid Space Race data sheet 2017-01-09 00:42:56

adding combos, what a great idea! Also was Papix, was that score of 168,320 a completely flawless run? stomp kill on everything? try as I might I was struggling to beat that score...my score of 167,960 was a flawless run, but I killed one or two ships without the stomp bonus....

on this newest build I have not noticed any more stomp collisions issues. Also, speed is now much more useful, I was really struggling to hit those power ups. Well done with the latest update!

Oly thing I'd like changed is a little refinement of the reset button. After pressing escape I still need to take my hands off the keyboard to press play on the newgrounds loader with the mouse. Additionally The press enter to skip tutorial does not work until a few frames into the tutorial, so I cant just rapidly press enter from the title screen to get straight into it

Other that....really liking your updates! its awesome to see you communicate and listen to feedback from all these players.

keep up the great work

Response to Humanoid Space Race data sheet 2017-01-09 06:48:31

I guess it must have been a flawless run, still got hit a few times, but I think I didn't take any hits in stages 4 and 5, which are the ones that count.

I think I got a bit lucky though, as I seem to recall getting quite a few power ups at the right time, as in no significant enemies on screen, which allowed me to collect more stomp bonuses.

Anyway, the difference was so small that it might have been a matter of taking down a few extra green ships and taking less hits.

I hope the sequel has a more sophisticated boss, right now the boss is nothing more than tagging 9500-9700 points to your final score and calling it a day :P

Response to Humanoid Space Race data sheet 2017-01-09 09:20:41

At 1/9/17 06:48 AM, Papix wrote: I guess it must have been a flawless run, still got hit a few times, but I think I didn't take any hits in stages 4 and 5, which are the ones that count.

I think I got a bit lucky though, as I seem to recall getting quite a few power ups at the right time, as in no significant enemies on screen, which allowed me to collect more stomp bonuses.

Anyway, the difference was so small that it might have been a matter of taking down a few extra green ships and taking less hits.

I hope the sequel has a more sophisticated boss, right now the boss is nothing more than tagging 9500-9700 points to your final score and calling it a day :P

The sequel will have 3 bosses. All of which will have some kind of stomp protection. Such as spikes on their back that need to be blasted off first before you can stomp them. I was thinking of adding some armor to the boss that negated some stomp damage but it would just result in a longer stomp spam.

When I first started making the game I figured most people would just invest in guns and grenades so I really wanted stomp to be a worthwhile investment. In the end stomp has become GOD TIER but I'm ok with that.

I don't want to mess with boss in fear of screwing with the current high scores.

The sequel will change this!!!!