00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Regal Horizon [Story-Sketch]

320 Views | 0 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

This is a story I wrote back in early 2016, I made some minor changes such as grammar fixes & minor 'bends' here and there. I showed this to quiet a few people, and most responses were; "I felt like I was actually in the story.".
Looking back at this now, I could have done it better, different. I'm interested to read your thoughts, I will release more stories soon, preferably based on some feedback. Have fun reading!

The early morning moaned with the swift rain, the sun raised gently but it gave away bright feeling of motivation.The grass was wet and sharp, Jack's tower was raw, it seemed like rain didn't influence it at all, few bricks were shredded from the last night's attack.
Jack was up in the tower looking for a spell, the room he was in was crystal made, it glanced power. There were few book shelfs, those books looked legendary, they had badges on them and glowing colored titles.
Jack was standing next to his saphire desk reading a book, swiftly moving true pages, looking for a specific spell that will fix the minor outside destruction of his tower. He looked at the window that was right above his desk. It was still raining and cloudy; Jack's favorite time of day. He thought about making a break since he was looking for that spell since the attack, which was accordingly to his memories last night. He climbed down the wooden circled stairs with golden sparks benched into them. He slowly exited the tower. There was a title above it, a flaming text: "Regal Horizon". He smiled at it remembering the time he used a spell to title the tower. "Those were some good memories, eh" - he spoke with a 20 year old medium deep voice.
Jack spoke a voice command: "Summon menu". Virtual menu appeared with buttons: Inventory, AttackList, Teleportation, FriendList, BlackList, Quests and the log off button. The menu had a basic theme, the background was gray, text was black & the borders of the buttons were yellow. Text font gave away the sci-fi feeling regardles of the colours. He touched the log off button and dematerialized. He was in his bed, in his room. Jack took off the google glasses and sat. The room was dark but he could make out a chair and his laptop, also a locker with books. He got up, took the laptop and sat back down, checked his email, it didn't look like there was anything important. He turned the laptop off and carefuly placed it on a night table made out of polished light oak wood. He slowly laid down and closed his tired eyes.
Before falling asleep he thought about his clanmates, friends, about what happened to them...

--------------------------------------------------------

Wish I could enlarge the text a little bit, it might not be as easy to read. (Or its just my screen resolution.. :3)

Regal Horizon [Story-Sketch]

BBS Signature