00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Mobile Layout Suggestions Thread

48,734 Views | 198 Replies

At 12/18/18 10:46 AM, liljim wrote: I've mentioned this to Tom, but I feel as though there should be a way of getting into advanced options from the search bar itself - maybe some cog icon next to the magnifying glass that opens an overlay when clicked/pressed with all your options.
At 12/18/18 10:55 AM, TomFulp wrote: This picture is a little out of context but I'll drop it here just to give people more things to ponder.

Instead of a new button, why not just have *clicking* the search bar itself be the trigger of a dropdown advanced search? This gives you all the real estate you need to add things like "Tag Search" or whatever.

Mobile Layout Suggestions Thread

BBS Signature

Response to Mobile Layout Suggestions Thread 2018-12-18 14:07:44

At 12/18/18 01:44 PM, test-object wrote:
At 12/18/18 10:46 AM, liljim wrote: I've mentioned this to Tom, but I feel as though there should be a way of getting into advanced options from the search bar itself - maybe some cog icon next to the magnifying glass that opens an overlay when clicked/pressed with all your options.
At 12/18/18 10:55 AM, TomFulp wrote: This picture is a little out of context but I'll drop it here just to give people more things to ponder.
Instead of a new button, why not just have *clicking* the search bar itself be the trigger of a dropdown advanced search? This gives you all the real estate you need to add things like "Tag Search" or whatever.

One concern there is if it would be weird when auto-suggestions kick in... And it still wouldn't be clear when you're on a results page that certain filters are in effect, like if you arrive via clicking a tag.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Mobile Layout Suggestions Thread 2018-12-18 19:40:07

At 12/18/18 02:07 PM, TomFulp wrote: One concern there is if it would be weird when auto-suggestions kick in... And it still wouldn't be clear when you're on a results page that certain filters are in effect, like if you arrive via clicking a tag.

Oh yeah, completely forgot about auto-suggestions. Scrap that. I'd stick with this concept then.

iu_41_1717894.png

At 12/18/18 10:46 AM, liljim wrote: I really like this idea in principle, but - there are times when I want to specify terms and then drill down by author too (i.e. enter them separately).

That's why advanced search is a separate menu all-together, though. The easiest way to add a button is just have a button below the auto-suggestions.

iu_42_1717894.jpg

BBS Signature

Response to Mobile Layout Suggestions Thread 2018-12-19 02:49:25

At 12/18/18 07:40 PM, test-object wrote:
At 12/18/18 02:07 PM, TomFulp wrote: One concern there is if it would be weird when auto-suggestions kick in... And it still wouldn't be clear when you're on a results page that certain filters are in effect, like if you arrive via clicking a tag.
Oh yeah, completely forgot about auto-suggestions. Scrap that. I'd stick with this concept then.

See, I'd be tempted to say that by the time you're into advanced options, you aren't looking for suggestions - you already kinda of know what you're getting into (because you'd have a specific author in mind, etc.) I dunno.

Response to Mobile Layout Suggestions Thread 2018-12-20 16:22:39

Hey, this just more of a Desktop suggestion really.

RE: the new bbs skin.

Could you look at maybe a bit extra padding and up to 1.5x line spacing on the main text? on desktop at least.

Seems gudd on mobile

Response to Mobile Layout Suggestions Thread 2018-12-21 18:42:16

I couldn't find a general suggestions place in the forums, it got buried in all the shitposts, but I'll put it here if that's fine.

Maybe see about setting up ether a way to setup live streams, or have a way to embed Twitch, or Picarto streams somewhere, and maybe make a little notification to tell if one of your favorite creators are currently live? It would be a way to keep people on the site so this place can be a one shop stop for all things creative or something. Because honestly I don't find myself checking those sites like ever and gravitate to ether here on youtube daily.

Possible? already suggested? Stupid addition? i don't know, I just think that would make it interesting,

Response to Mobile Layout Suggestions Thread 2018-12-25 09:42:00

I have a couple of suggestions, though more desktop related.

1. For profile page requesting ability to revert to default icon/background.
  2. Floating "respond to this topic" button on the bbs.

Response to Mobile Layout Suggestions Thread 2018-12-28 01:38:40

I miss being able to see last commenter and number of pages on a sections main page.

The Newgrounds Revolution isn't a thing, quit being a pussy.

BBS Signature

Response to Mobile Layout Suggestions Thread 2018-12-29 18:31:37

@liljim I'm having issues setting the mood on posts to the forum on mobile. The issue could be reproduced on my desktop firefox in responsive design mode.

Instead of setting the mood, the post disappears as if I clicked outside the modal box

BBS Signature

At 12/11/18 12:49 AM, test-object wrote:
At 12/7/18 05:51 PM, Havegum wrote:
At 12/7/18 03:33 PM, TomFulp wrote: Stuff
Just throwing in my 2 cents on the whole header debacle. I think it has less to do with the headers, and more to do with simple grouping.

This is nice. I'd like a separate section for "Reactions" too bcuz omg, they can be overwhelming, esp when I log in and have 20+ notifications but they're mostly just users making faces at my posts.

BBS Signature

Response to Mobile Layout Suggestions Thread 2019-02-27 17:29:24

At 2/27/19 05:26 PM, Alias wrote:
At 12/11/18 12:49 AM, test-object wrote:
At 12/7/18 05:51 PM, Havegum wrote:
At 12/7/18 03:33 PM, TomFulp wrote: Stuff
Just throwing in my 2 cents on the whole header debacle. I think it has less to do with the headers, and more to do with simple grouping.
This is nice. I'd like a separate section for "Reactions" too bcuz omg, they can be overwhelming, esp when I log in and have 20+ notifications but they're mostly just users making faces at my posts.

When you see reactions in your feed, you can click the gear icon and hide reactions from that particular item or for all items of that type, although I have a feeling that would also hide them from the dedicated reactions feed.

BBS Signature

Response to Mobile Layout Suggestions Thread 2019-03-05 08:25:38

One for the forums, in the mobile view there's no option to jump to the last page of a thread from the main board like you can on the desktop site, you need to click into the thread, scroll down to the bottom, then click through to the last page.

Fine for most threads, but a bit of a pain for stuff like Clubs & Crews were everything is going to have multiple pages.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Mobile Layout Suggestions Thread 2019-03-08 21:23:26

At 9/23/16 01:53 PM, TomFulp wrote: I'm creating this thread per @JK-FlipFlop's recommendation, so people have a place to give suggestions / complaints / questions about the layout changes as they happen.

We're particularly interested in your mobile experience on the new pages (currently just collections, the feed and a few scattered pages). If you don't like something, try to think of what we could change to make it better and clearly explain that change. If you're handy with Photoshop, mock-ups are especially fun.

If you don't have any feedback yet, try taking some time each day to check your NG feed. I've made mine a button on my iPhone homescreen, so I can check on it just like I do with Twitter. We already have a growing list if changes that are coming - for example the ability to like items directly in-feed and the ability to reply to items directly in-feed (you can currently reply to reviews in your feed but other items go to a new page).

You should make an option for people who like the old layout. If users had an option/setting that could change the layout to the old layout that use to be on NewGrounds, they probably might enjoy it more . It doesn't really improve the sight but I think it's a cool feature.

It's me

BBS Signature

Response to Mobile Layout Suggestions Thread 2019-03-13 22:28:26

I do think an mobile app would be handy, something like Discord...

DevourerJay~Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

BBS Signature

Response to Mobile Layout Suggestions Thread 2019-03-15 07:19:57

At 10/7/16 08:11 AM, yetanotherjohn wrote:
At 10/7/16 01:13 AM, Ganon-Dorf wrote: This isn't feedback on the mobile layout...
They've gotten rid of dropdown menus.

Relevant Link:
http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1415465#bbspost25938458_post_text

No, just make the small ones bigger. Or maybe I should just browse horizontally on my phone. I usually use newgrounds on desktop anyway, so it's nothing I'm too worried about.

http://whenisfestival.com/national-puppy-day-in-2019/

Response to Mobile Layout Suggestions Thread 2019-03-29 02:35:46

Mobile app?

Response to Mobile Layout Suggestions Thread 2019-04-10 11:23:07

I feel the top menu buttons could be bigger, I can access them just fine but they dont look that user friendly.

As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be on Newgrounds.

BBS Signature

You know , a judgement zone for art and movies plus scouting lists could be useful since im on iOS and desktop versions of the site can be too small for me and others so you could judge , vote and see discover new artists on the go instead of going all the way home to the pc or laptop to check it.

She/They, 19., I draw sometimes.

Support me on ko-fi, it helps!

BBS Signature

Response to Mobile Layout Suggestions Thread 2019-06-01 01:26:45

At 9/23/16 01:53 PM, TomFulp wrote: I'm creating this thread per @JK-FlipFlop's recommendation, so people have a place to give suggestions / complaints / questions about the layout changes as they happen.

We're particularly interested in your mobile experience on the new pages (currently just collections, the feed and a few scattered pages). If you don't like something, try to think of what we could change to make it better and clearly explain that change. If you're handy with Photoshop, mock-ups are especially fun.

If you don't have any feedback yet, try taking some time each day to check your NG feed. I've made mine a button on my iPhone homescreen, so I can check on it just like I do with Twitter. We already have a growing list if changes that are coming - for example the ability to like items directly in-feed and the ability to reply to items directly in-feed (you can currently reply to reviews in your feed but other items go to a new page).

I probably just haven’t found it yet but I haven’t seen a upload link or anything so I can upload art on my phone or tablet

Response to Mobile Layout Suggestions Thread 2019-06-10 20:54:26

I using Safari on iPad mini 2, and i have to say, Everything don't work there. The Navigation menu, rating system and comment isn't working on Mobile version. Even submitting artwork don't work as well. I can't put title and info and artwork as well. The only thing it working is the home page but that it.

I can't even go to my profile page or even the drop down menu that I have to go to Classic Page to go to my profile.

Don't know if it me or not, but I been having this problem for while.

https://38cautionzone.com

Ko-fi (Commission/Donation)

BBS Signature

Response to Mobile Layout Suggestions Thread 2019-06-11 11:52:07

At 6/10/19 08:54 PM, AKA-38CAUTION wrote: I using Safari on iPad mini 2, and i have to say, Everything don't work there. The Navigation menu, rating system and comment isn't working on Mobile version. Even submitting artwork don't work as well. I can't put title and info and artwork as well. The only thing it working is the home page but that it.

I can't even go to my profile page or even the drop down menu that I have to go to Classic Page to go to my profile.

Do you have an ad blocker running? Do you see the top nav bar with the "NEWGROUNDS" text?

BBS Signature

Response to Mobile Layout Suggestions Thread 2019-06-12 13:51:38

At 6/11/19 11:52 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 6/10/19 08:54 PM, AKA-38CAUTION wrote: I using Safari on iPad mini 2, and i have to say, Everything don't work there. The Navigation menu, rating system and comment isn't working on Mobile version. Even submitting artwork don't work as well. I can't put title and info and artwork as well. The only thing it working is the home page but that it.

Do you have an ad blocker running? Do you see the top nav bar with the "NEWGROUNDS" text?

I dont have ad block running, in fact i cant have one on iPad.

I do see top nav bar with Newgrounds text.

https://38cautionzone.com

Ko-fi (Commission/Donation)

BBS Signature

Response to Mobile Layout Suggestions Thread 2019-08-05 13:40:54

At 8/5/19 01:38 PM, DevAesthetic wrote: I don't know if this has been suggested but, Perhaps a Games with Mobile support section in the Games Portal would be quite nice as I'm not much of a fan of Mobile Games from the Appstore, However I have tons of enjoyment playing some of the games on mobile that are on here.
Like there's a games with Medals, Games with Scoreboards, and Games with Shared Content. Why not have Games with Mobile Support?

If you browse the games section on mobile, it only shows games that are tagged as mobile-friendly.

Sometimes games get in here that aren't mobile-friendly and other times mobile-friendly games don't get tagged. I believe there's also still a bug where if someone updates their game file, it resets the mobile-friendly status, which is kinda hidden in the current project system - this is all getting fixed in the new project system that's coming.

BBS Signature

Response to Mobile Layout Suggestions Thread 2019-08-05 14:21:10

At 8/5/19 01:45 PM, DevAesthetic wrote:
At 8/5/19 01:40 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 8/5/19 01:38 PM, DevAesthetic wrote: I don't know if this has been suggested but, Perhaps a Games with Mobile support section in the Games Portal would be quite nice as I'm not much of a fan of Mobile Games from the Appstore, However I have tons of enjoyment playing some of the games on mobile that are on here.
Like there's a games with Medals, Games with Scoreboards, and Games with Shared Content. Why not have Games with Mobile Support?
If you browse the games section on mobile, it only shows games that are tagged as mobile-friendly.

Sometimes games get in here that aren't mobile-friendly and other times mobile-friendly games don't get tagged. I believe there's also still a bug where if someone updates their game file, it resets the mobile-friendly status, which is kinda hidden in the current project system - this is all getting fixed in the new project system that's coming.
Ah! Even better. I just noticed plenty of games I try to play on mobile gives me the error. I thought that there was a system not yet implemented. But it's great to hear that it's all getting fixed later down the road.

We should consider a mobile mod status for users who regularly game on mobile :3

BBS Signature

Response to Mobile Layout Suggestions Thread 2019-08-08 22:40:15

So I was on my phone today and I saw this:

iu_45346_5959098.jpg

I went from portrait to landscape and the audio stayed in one region, but the music continued to play in the empty region.

You got dat?

BBS Signature

Response to Mobile Layout Suggestions Thread 2019-08-16 10:26:44

please please PLEASE let me vote on the best stuff of the month from my phone. it just doesn't work. Since i don't have access to a computer readily at the moment i need this so i don't fuck over one of the many who could have voted.

Response to Mobile Layout Suggestions Thread 2019-09-18 11:23:49

At 9/18/19 10:49 AM, f1shster wrote:
When I'm scrolling down, I accidentally tap the rating bar and fifen it, even if I'm not tapping the stars' area. Is there a way to make that less obnoxious?

There's a goal to solve that but it's on the backburner right now while a bunch of other stuff get's finished. Once the whole site is mobile-friendly we want to keep making it better and better there.

BBS Signature

Response to Mobile Layout Suggestions Thread 2019-09-19 12:52:13

At 9/18/19 11:24 PM, EvilAntonioUTTP wrote: Do You Want User's Art Scouts Pages To Be Updated To Mobile Friendly?

Yup, that's on the list - we'll also make it load differently so it doesn't get wrecked when someone has hundreds / thousands of scouts.

BBS Signature

Response to Mobile Layout Suggestions Thread 2019-09-25 17:36:17

At 9/25/19 04:31 PM, EvilAntonioUTTP wrote: Do You Want Newgrounds The Big Project System Pages To Be Updated To Mobile Friendly?

Project System has been a big ongoing project but that's coming next!

BBS Signature

Response to Mobile Layout Suggestions Thread 2019-11-01 18:14:48

is there a way to keep photos I've taken with my phone and am uploading on the bbs from turning sideways

BBS Signature