Eggy
Eggy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 45
Game Developer
Response to Mobile Layout Suggestions Thread 2017-01-05 08:59:21 Reply

All looks good except the forums I need to zoom in to read stuff. The posts might need to be a bit more condensed for the phone. Using Samsung 6 btw.

BBS Signature
TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 20
Game Developer
Response to Mobile Layout Suggestions Thread 2017-01-05 09:32:27 Reply

At 1/5/17 08:59 AM, Eggy wrote: All looks good except the forums I need to zoom in to read stuff. The posts might need to be a bit more condensed for the phone. Using Samsung 6 btw.

Forums haven't transitioned yet. Communication will be easier once forums and PMs are on the new layout and we still plan to add more direct interaction to the feed.

Nightmare Cops, the game JohnnyUtah, Spazkid and I have been working on.

BBS Signature
DarkRoxy
DarkRoxy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Game Developer
Response to Mobile Layout Suggestions Thread 2017-01-18 01:33:22 Reply

Suggestion is mabye not focus on format and give lesser known artist credit they deserves

BBS Signature
TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 20
Game Developer
Response to Mobile Layout Suggestions Thread 2017-01-18 09:32:01 Reply

At 1/18/17 01:33 AM, hyperrobotz16 wrote: Suggestion is mabye not focus on format and give lesser known artist credit they deserves

Been trying to do a good job at that as well. Making the site present content well on all platforms helps ensure there's an audience, though.

BBS Signature
tox
tox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Audiophile
Response to Mobile Layout Suggestions Thread 2017-02-19 12:15:26 Reply

would it be possible to add in a feature for supporters where we can have a low data feature?

like a little check box thing that is linked to our account what allows us to disable all banners, downgrade all pictures to a low quality pic that takes less Mb's, user forum banners,

sort of like turning everything into the minimalist type thing from the audio portal layout

call me toxie 0.~

BBS Signature
TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 20
Game Developer
Response to Mobile Layout Suggestions Thread 2017-02-20 08:28:51 Reply

At 2/19/17 12:15 PM, tox wrote: would it be possible to add in a feature for supporters where we can have a low data feature?

like a little check box thing that is linked to our account what allows us to disable all banners, downgrade all pictures to a low quality pic that takes less Mb's, user forum banners,

sort of like turning everything into the minimalist type thing from the audio portal layout

Eventually all of the pages will use the more streamlined layout like the Audio Portal, so if you're a supporter, you'll already be getting a streamlined layout without any ads. The only hefty data would then be user-uploaded images but we aren't rushing to create low-quality versions of those... Mobile data will presumably keep getting faster and cheaper so it hopefully won't be a huge deal.

BBS Signature
Potato83
Potato83
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Mobile Layout Suggestions Thread 2017-02-20 18:38:01 Reply

create a newgrounds app that kind of works like facebook, but less friendly to old people

Jin
Jin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 59
Blank Slate
Response to Mobile Layout Suggestions Thread 2017-02-20 21:33:02 Reply

Not sure what's happening but I'm getting this weird behavior in the art portal, where 42 images load, then the bottom 22 images disappear.

Mobile Layout Suggestions Thread

TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 20
Game Developer
Response to Mobile Layout Suggestions Thread 2017-02-21 08:54:07 Reply

At 2/20/17 09:33 PM, Jin wrote: Not sure what's happening but I'm getting this weird behavior in the art portal, where 42 images load, then the bottom 22 images disappear.

Giving Goldfish the heads up about this.

BBS Signature
TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 20
Game Developer
Response to Mobile Layout Suggestions Thread 2017-02-23 09:14:37 Reply

At 2/23/17 02:32 AM, Sekhem wrote: i like to browse horizontally on my iphone7+ and the feed looks ridiculously large

it's not bad vertically, though

I agree on that one - will see what we can do there.

BBS Signature
Soupcat
Soupcat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 30
Animator
Response to Mobile Layout Suggestions Thread 2017-04-06 08:05:13 Reply

It seemed to have self fixed, but when I went to the site for the first time today the top nav bar was down a few pixels. Maybe look into this?

Also it feels like its very heavy on data usage (with all the images everywhere) so I'm not very likely to use it on the go with 4G. I don't know how well its optimized but if it is, its not conveyed visually. Also push notificications when? App?

Thats just my two cents :) good luck with the site Tom.

TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 20
Game Developer
Response to Mobile Layout Suggestions Thread 2017-04-06 08:56:08 Reply

At 4/6/17 08:05 AM, Soupcat wrote: It seemed to have self fixed, but when I went to the site for the first time today the top nav bar was down a few pixels. Maybe look into this?

What device and browser are you seeing that on?

BBS Signature
Soupcat
Soupcat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 30
Animator
Response to Mobile Layout Suggestions Thread 2017-04-07 09:35:05 Reply

At 4/6/17 08:56 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 4/6/17 08:05 AM, Soupcat wrote: It seemed to have self fixed, but when I went to the site for the first time today the top nav bar was down a few pixels. Maybe look into this?

Samsung Galaxy S4, stock OS (Android 5.0) with Chrome browser. This was an uncached visit. After the site was cached it was fine.

Soupcat
Soupcat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 30
Animator

At 4/6/17 08:56 AM, TomFulp wrote:

Oh wow it happened again. Using my phone to post this.

Chrome 57.0.287
Android 5.0.1 GT-I9515

liljim
liljim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Mobile Layout Suggestions Thread 2017-04-07 12:07:07 Reply

At 4/7/17 09:38 AM, Soupcat wrote: Chrome 57.0.287
Android 5.0.1 GT-I9515

I'm using 57.0.2987.132 on an S6 and am not seeing this... does this happen as you're scrolling up and down the page on your phone? Any steps I can follow to regularly reproduce?

Soupcat
Soupcat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 30
Animator

At 4/7/17 12:07 PM, liljim wrote:
At 4/7/17 09:38 AM, Soupcat wrote: Chrome 57.0.287
Android 5.0.1 GT-I9515
I'm using 57.0.2987.132 on an S6 and am not seeing this... does this happen as you're scrolling up and down the page on your phone? Any steps I can follow to regularly reproduce?

It happened when I connected to a WiFi hotspot near my work. That's the only thing that I did different than usual. I can't seem to reproduce it at home.
I'll post back if I figured out what could be causing this. Don't think its a big issue, probably just my shitty phone.

Alias
Alias
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Reader
Response to Mobile Layout Suggestions Thread 2017-04-10 16:34:22 Reply

I would like for there to be an easier way to respond to multiple posts in original threads on mobile. For example, if I make a thread, multiple users post in the thread, and I want to comment back to all of them, asking them questions, the current process is that I have to open multiple tabs on my mobile browser, cut & paste messages, and then close those old tabs or the alternative to that is that I double or triple post in a thread. Just eliminating those tabs would be awesome, like I don't know if this is even doable, but if boxes would just open to comment on the posts themselves and then I could submit them all at once, all on the same mobile browser page.

EoD696
EoD696
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Mobile Layout Suggestions Thread 2017-05-09 17:58:20 Reply

At 4/10/17 04:34 PM, Alias wrote: I would like for there to be an easier way to respond to multiple posts in original threads on mobile. For example, if I make a thread, multiple users post in the thread, and I want to comment back to all of them, asking them questions, the current process is that I have to open multiple tabs on my mobile browser, cut & paste messages, and then close those old tabs or the alternative to that is that I double or triple post in a thread. Just eliminating those tabs would be awesome, like I don't know if this is even doable, but if boxes would just open to comment on the posts themselves and then I could submit them all at once, all on the same mobile browser page.

Steam uses a really cool quote button for this - the button is included on every post in a thread, when you click on it, it pastes the syntax'd quote into your response. You can do it for every post on the thread, all in the same tab. It seems like with Angular or a similar JS framework that can do realtime requests back to the server, this would be a trivial addition, considering newgrounds quoting syntax.

Also, fix the stupid star!

Show some love.
The latest from EoD

DISCLAIMER: I can be a dick sometimes. Just call me on it - say "EoD, you're being a dick right now" and I will try to curb my enthusiasm.

BBS Signature
g0t
g0t
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Mobile Layout Suggestions Thread 2017-08-21 04:13:08 Reply

At 9/23/16 01:53 PM, TomFulp wrote: If you don't have any feedback yet, try taking some time each day to check your NG feed. I've made mine a button on my iPhone homescreen, so I can check on it just like I do with Twitter. We already have a growing list if changes that are coming - for example the ability to like items directly in-feed and the ability to reply to items directly in-feed (you can currently reply to reviews in your feed but other items go to a new page).

I'd spend more time on NG if you guys had an app. Seems like there's an app for everything nowadays and a BBS app or full site app would be great.

Gooch for MOD 09'

BBS Signature
CaveDancer
CaveDancer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Game Developer

The Design is great, but when i want to watch a video on newgrounds it sends me to the normal design.
And a few times i can't watch older videos :(

TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 20
Game Developer
Response to Mobile Layout Suggestions Thread 2017-09-03 07:19:00 Reply

At 9/2/17 05:19 PM, CaveDancer wrote: The Design is great, but when i want to watch a video on newgrounds it sends me to the normal design.
And a few times i can't watch older videos :(

Those pages aren't updated yet and when it comes to older videos, it depends on if we converted them from swf to video.

BBS Signature
Goodjaws4
Goodjaws4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Mobile Layout Suggestions Thread 2017-09-11 03:11:08 Reply

We should make an app because there are lots more room for improvement and the front pick looks like this

Fro
Fro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Writer
Response to Mobile Layout Suggestions Thread 2017-09-20 18:39:03 Reply

When I'm viewing the games from my mobile device am I seeing only the games that are compatible with mobile devices or is there a sort action I can do to make sure that I'm only seeing these games?

If not it would be awesome to be able to sort by mobile games and even better if I could sort by mobile games with medals.

Click on my signature to check out my Youtube Channel. The Dom and Fro Show!
Check out My Blog
Daily Diary of an Uber Driver

BBS Signature
TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 20
Game Developer
Response to Mobile Layout Suggestions Thread 2017-09-21 09:26:53 Reply

At 9/20/17 06:39 PM, Fro wrote: When I'm viewing the games from my mobile device am I seeing only the games that are compatible with mobile devices or is there a sort action I can do to make sure that I'm only seeing these games?

If not it would be awesome to be able to sort by mobile games and even better if I could sort by mobile games with medals.

If you visit NG on your phone, it will only show games that work on your phone.

If you go to the games hub and click the hamburger menu in the top left, you'll see the Games with Medals option - that will only show games with medals that work on your phone. Lemme know if you find anything otherwise!

BBS Signature
Fro
Fro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Writer
Response to Mobile Layout Suggestions Thread 2017-09-21 15:57:29 Reply

At 9/21/17 09:26 AM, TomFulp wrote:
If you visit NG on your phone, it will only show games that work on your phone.

If you go to the games hub and click the hamburger menu in the top left, you'll see the Games with Medals option - that will only show games with medals that work on your phone. Lemme know if you find anything otherwise!

Oh great, I'll try it out next time I'm in one of those socially awkward situations and need to stare at my phone.

Check out My Blog

BBS Signature
Fro
Fro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Writer
Response to Mobile Layout Suggestions Thread 2017-09-22 19:52:51 Reply

So the games that you can choose from are definitely mobile friendly, but when I clicked on the hamburger menu and chose games with medals I was not given a list of mobile games with medals that I could see. I didn't try all of the games, but the very first two I clicked on were not mobile friendly. Pictures for example.

Check out My Blog

BBS Signature
TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 20
Game Developer
Response to Mobile Layout Suggestions Thread 2017-09-23 07:41:52 Reply

At 9/22/17 07:52 PM, Fro wrote:
So the games that you can choose from are definitely mobile friendly, but when I clicked on the hamburger menu and chose games with medals I was not given a list of mobile games with medals that I could see. I didn't try all of the games, but the very first two I clicked on were not mobile friendly. Pictures for example.

Hmm I'll have to look into that. I thought Tap to the Future WAS touch friendly, wondering if it has cached entries that at one point had checked off the box but later unchecked it. Or it's just listing all HTML5 games but I didn't get that impression before when I checked on mobile.

BBS Signature
Fro
Fro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Writer
Response to Mobile Layout Suggestions Thread 2017-09-25 13:40:29 Reply

At 9/23/17 07:41 AM, TomFulp wrote:
Hmm I'll have to look into that. I thought Tap to the Future WAS touch friendly, wondering if it has cached entries that at one point had checked off the box but later unchecked it. Or it's just listing all HTML5 games but I didn't get that impression before when I checked on mobile.

I get the same error with the following:

• Battery Box
    Battery Box by MrNannings

Pickup batteries and accumulate power

Score
    2.83 / 5.00
    Type
    Game
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone
  • Zombie Cannon Attack!
    Zombie Cannon Attack! by RubbleGames

A zombie-themed endless runner, with cannons!

Score
    3.31 / 5.00
    Type
    Game
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone
  • Rolling Sphere Future
    Rolling Sphere Future by MrNannings

Rolling ball is a 3D game where you need to be fast and agile.

Score
    3.26 / 5.00
    Type
    Game
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone
  • Deal With the Devil
    Deal With the Devil by Matzerath

A simulation of the legendary cursed game 'Deal With the Devil.'

Score
    3.56 / 5.00
    Type
    Game
    Popularity
    Rated
    Ages 13+
  • Shapetastic
    Shapetastic by Kwoth

Click anywhere when a shape like yours approaches the center. Expert mode is real deal.

Score
    3.24 / 5.00
    Type
    Game
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone
  • House Cats
    House Cats by sinitra

A sweet simple game to spend quality time.

Score
    3.05 / 5.00
    Type
    Game
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone
  • Super Bunny World
    Super Bunny World by HernanZh

A classic platformer with an endless twist!

Score
    3.20 / 5.00
    Type
    Game
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone

Also, this one shows up under the games with medals section under mobile games, but has no medals.

• Coin Grabber
    Coin Grabber by mrpauliepaul1

Play with your friend or alone! Go grab some coins.

Score
    2.20 / 5.00
    Type
    Game
    Popularity
    Rated
    Everyone

Everything else seems to be working completely fine.

Check out My Blog

BBS Signature
BraydogNG
BraydogNG
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 13
Writer
Response to Mobile Layout Suggestions Thread 2017-10-02 22:57:24 Reply

Sometimes when I vote on something, it pops up a message on my iPad saying"illegal communication attempted".

Regardless, my vote still counts but I was just wondering if it means I'm doing something wrong or anything like that.

"Illegal Communication Attempted" Every time I see it, I briefly get the thought that the police are going to arrest me just for voting on the ole' NG.

...That's weird.

LITERALLY ALL THE FORUM THREADS I'VE MADE!!!(last updated December 10th 2017)

Have you ever fallen asleep watching a documentary about insomnia?

BBS Signature
ADR3-N
ADR3-N
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Musician
Response to Mobile Layout Suggestions Thread 2017-10-04 02:03:09 Reply

At 12/24/16 11:18 AM, TomFulp wrote: Most of the animated content is video format now so you should be able to view and vote for that on your phone. When the voting overhaul finally goes live, you'll be able to get points voting on art and music too. Voting should be rendered bigger / easier on mobile too.

I realize this is an old post, but am super excited about this. I feel like that kid on a road trip going "Are we there yet?!" Please poke me when this happens. I will rejoice copiously.

I thought I'd pop in to mention the recent updates to the mobile layout have been perfect with one exception. Now I can't vote on games because they pop up in another window on my Galaxy. Sometimes also in Opera. This was also mentioned in the EGB earlier.