• 31 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Triented
Triented
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician

Hey guys! I thought I'd bring a little conversation about music.

As everybody knows, most people in the audio portal/forum have some form of interest in music! That being said, there are many reasons one might be drawn to music, personally for me I found music production to be the greatest of all great escapes when I was a little kid growing up in the country. Nobody could make sense out of my strong interest in electronic music; it didn't stop me though from abandoning all but my family, hopes, beliefs, as well as dreams to pursue the avenue of actually living off of music. I was an 8 year old kid in boyscouts, cleaning the highway and there it was.... the CD that started it all....
It didn't take drugs, nor any knowlege of the [rave] culture! All it took was that SOUND.

I don't read a lot of biographies, but one artist whom I have read about; his name is Ghastly. You may have heard of him on the main stream; he too lived in a small country town in Arizona, his success only came after he failed once, realized he partied too much, tried again and climbed the latter, what resilience!

Who inspires you? Why do you make music? Do you care about recognition or just do it for the enjoyment?

BBS Signature
finicalprickle
finicalprickle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Artist
TIMETRAVL
TIMETRAVL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to What artists most inspire you? 2016-09-16 10:27:18 Reply

Who inspires you? Why do you make music? Do you care about recognition or just do it for the enjoyment?

Dillon Francis has always been a huge inspiration for me, I've been followin him since "IDGAFOS".
Even if I've never tried to make music similar to his, I've always admired his achievements, his character and his music.

I make music because I just like creating things, I've tried making art and even creating games, but music was the easiest for me to pick up, and I stuck with it.

I do care about recognition to some extent but I don't make music just to get famous.
When I started making music I always dreamt of making it and getting big, but now I'm ok with just some people enjoying my music aslong as It makes them feel better :)

BBS Signature
Rennh
Rennh
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to What artists most inspire you? 2016-09-16 12:25:13 Reply

Jeremy Soule, Thomas Bergersen, Vivien Chebbah, John Williams, Feint.

The worth of a man can be measured by the length of his reverb, and the girth of his waveform

Thees waveforme iz veri dangerous. Ve must deal vit it. squash

StaticSkull
StaticSkull
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Animator
JK-FlipFlop
JK-FlipFlop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to What artists most inspire you? 2016-09-16 16:04:11 Reply

At 9/16/16 01:35 PM, VenomationsTV wrote: @larrynachos and @jk-flipflop

Thanks, dude!
@EDM364, @Bertn1991 and @Hikari influence me for the most part. Some comes from @Ritz190.

If you upload music you didn't make for Geometry Dash, you eat penis.

Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to What artists most inspire you? 2016-09-17 03:15:43 Reply

It started off with Enya and Akiko Shikata, but right now I have also taken inspiration from Little Feet and The Kinks when it comes to performing live. However, when I drum, I don't know if any particular person inspires me... Maybe there is, but I don't see the influence.

I play and compose music for the joy of it, but I also yearn for recognition. For me, it is a symbol. Those of you who know me know that I was abused growing up, and music was one of the excuses behind it. People around me wanted to withhold any recognition from me because of my ethnicity, or because they felt they could control what path I would take as an adult. Having recognition for my music gets rid of at least some of the old demons I've had to face.

Triented
Triented
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to What artists most inspire you? 2016-09-17 03:51:15 Reply

At 9/17/16 03:15 AM, Troisnyx wrote: It started off with Enya and Akiko Shikata, but right now I have also taken inspiration from Little Feet and The Kinks when it comes to performing live. However, when I drum, I don't know if any particular person inspires me... Maybe there is, but I don't see the influence.

I play and compose music for the joy of it, but I also yearn for recognition. For me, it is a symbol. Those of you who know me know that I was abused growing up, and music was one of the excuses behind it. People around me wanted to withhold any recognition from me because of my ethnicity, or because they felt they could control what path I would take as an adult. Having recognition for my music gets rid of at least some of the old demons I've had to face.

This reply seriously caught my attention. First off I'd love to congratulate you on being a rather well known artist; there is no divide here and credit goes where it's due. You make good music man. I too have used music as a means to escape reality. If you're interested in continuing this conversation shoot me a PM. Take care.

BBS Signature
EvilRaccoon
EvilRaccoon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to What artists most inspire you? 2016-09-17 05:32:21 Reply

At 9/16/16 10:48 PM, RebelLouiz wrote: without @maestrorage @danman87 @petersatera and @milkman-dan, i would have never even thought about writing good music.

Thanks so much! You're a machine at producing tracks and I really like your hybrid stuff. :)
Honored to be part of your list!

What artists most inspire you?

aka. Peter

BBS Signature
Hikari
Hikari
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 06
Musician
Response to What artists most inspire you? 2016-09-18 14:27:00 Reply

At 9/16/16 04:04 PM, JK-FlipFlop wrote:
At 9/16/16 01:35 PM, VenomationsTV wrote: @larrynachos and @jk-flipflop
Thanks, dude!
@EDM364, @Bertn1991 and @Hikari influence me for the most part. Some comes from @Ritz190.

Thank's <3

ParabolicX
ParabolicX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to What artists most inspire you? 2016-09-18 16:30:17 Reply

I always loved TheFatRat @ThisIsTheFatRat. He was the biggest inspiration to me trying to make music.

paparazziVN
paparazziVN
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to What artists most inspire you? 2016-09-19 14:29:04 Reply

Akira Yamaoka! The First time in my life i have feeling with video game music after hear the track "not tomorrow" by him.

MysteriousPresence
MysteriousPresence
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Filmmaker
Response to What artists most inspire you? 2016-09-20 18:19:17 Reply

@Xtrullor.
Xtrullor, Xtrullor, Xtrullor, Xtrullor, Xtrullor, Xtrullor, Xtrullor, Xtrullor, @garlagan, Xtrullor, Xtrullor and Xtrullor.

Did I mention Xtrullor ? I think I forgot him ! Well : Xtrullor.

Wow !

Okay.

Schtiffles
Schtiffles
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to What artists most inspire you? 2016-09-21 03:59:51 Reply

Far Too Loud, PrototypeRaptor, Teminite... hmm. They all inspire me to get better if anything. I'd love to make tracks in their styles, but damn if it isn't complex as hell.

OfficialNovacore
OfficialNovacore
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to What artists most inspire you? 2016-09-21 10:41:45 Reply

I'm inspied by many different artists of different genres.
Bass music I'm inspired by people like James Egbert, MDK, and Virtual Riot
Chill stuff I'm inspired by people like Asa and Sorrow
Other inspirations for me include Televisor, Insan3lik3, Rezonate, and Seven Lions

Hallow
Hallow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician

Going to list off a bunch of artists who have *probably* influenced me in some way... a few probably won't show well in my music because I haven't finished a lot of pieces haha.
@Geoplex @Noisysundae @Lockyn @DetiousMusic @AeroMusic @Xtrullor @Jumper @Dylnmatrix @IonicForce @AeronMusic @uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh edit forgot @viewtifulday and probably also @mrfaller
Can't think of any more that are on Newgrounds, but on other platforms, I'm pretty inspired by Flite, Mewnlight Rose, Jusplay, and probably a bunch more artists which I really can't think of right now.

https://soundcloud.com/alias_hallow

I hang around on chips compo mostly

1f1n1ty
1f1n1ty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to What artists most inspire you? 2016-09-22 23:18:28 Reply

My biggest inspiration ever is Pokemon Mystery Dungeon's soundtracks. Ryoma Nakamura, Keisuke Ito and Yasuhiro Kawagoe did the Gates soundtrack, and Noriko Murakami did Super with the latter two. Also, Arata Iiyoshi deserves a mention for Explorers, even if I didn't 100% love that soundtrack.

hey man, you uh you got something on your face right there, lemme just... ok, there we go, MUCH better, you are looking GOOD AS NEW

B1n4ryGD
B1n4ryGD
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to What artists most inspire you? 2016-09-22 23:51:13 Reply

@lawnreality. @euphoriasound. etc.

Sometimes you may be flying inside dreams... Lovely dreams...

Well. I am just another one of those people in this world who make calm, dreamy, and sad music...

Kryomax
Kryomax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to What artists most inspire you? 2016-09-24 23:45:19 Reply

I have a lot of artists that influence my work, most notably Kurt Harland, Paul Barker, Nivek Ogre, and Trent Reznor. I do music for the hell of it, though I do plan on collecting at least a small amount of cash from it, but it's mainly fun and therapeutic

Voltus
Voltus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to What artists most inspire you? 2016-09-25 02:54:22 Reply

when I started I always wanted to make music similar to the old zedd style. the first song i heard by him was his scary monsters remix. but that interest in zedd faded and nowadays im mostly into feed me, kill the noize, deadmau5 and noisia

Voltus' Soundcloud
Newest Track: Dirac Sea
If you want me to Review one of your pieces, just send me a PM ;)

bipolarmunkey
bipolarmunkey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to What artists most inspire you? 2016-09-25 07:05:28 Reply

At 9/16/16 12:45 AM, Triented wrote: Hey guys! I thought I'd bring a little conversation about music.

My cousins are honestly the reason I'm so into music. They first got me into playing guitar and it's been fun ever since. It's a great form of expression and has really helped me through some times, too.

Uxvellda
Uxvellda
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to What artists most inspire you? 2018-11-26 23:52:47 Reply

@Xtrullor inspires me the most when it comes to music production. I am late.

Zophar
Zophar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Programmer
Response to What artists most inspire you? 2018-11-27 20:28:53 Reply

The Chainsmokers (for p house)
Panos Savvidis (for big room)
@VarsityCreatons (for dubstep)

You got dat?

BBS Signature
RoblesK
RoblesK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to What artists most inspire you? 2018-11-28 07:28:13 Reply

Mostly @Jupitrean actually. Wow.
Also, took some inspiration from @B0UNC3, @Kid2Will and more.

Jupitrean
Jupitrean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to What artists most inspire you? 2018-11-28 08:28:43 Reply

Teminite, Virtual Riot, Xtrullor, etc.

I0TA
I0TA
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to What artists most inspire you? 2018-11-29 13:04:23 Reply

aww I miss Peter and Soundchris... this forum wasn't the same without them. :(

I guess everyone moved on. I'm still here...

I have no one style.
- Oscar Peterson

IoTheEternal
IoTheEternal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to What artists most inspire you? 2018-11-29 13:43:56 Reply

At 11/29/18 01:04 PM, I0TA wrote: aww I miss Peter and Soundchris... this forum wasn't the same without them. :(

Get them back then.

I0TA
I0TA
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to What artists most inspire you? 2018-11-29 13:55:20 Reply

At 11/29/18 01:43 PM, IoTheEternal wrote:
At 11/29/18 01:04 PM, I0TA wrote: aww I miss Peter and Soundchris... this forum wasn't the same without them. :(

Get them back then.

At least you are still here bro, you are always here with us

I have no one style.
- Oscar Peterson

IoTheEternal
IoTheEternal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 14
Audiophile

At 11/29/18 01:55 PM, I0TA wrote:
At 11/29/18 01:43 PM, IoTheEternal wrote:

Get them back then.
At least you are still here bro, you are always here with us

Yup, even when they try to remove me lol..

Doesn't look like I inspire anyone anymore though.. oh well. It's all EDM artists these days.

LibbyShimmz
LibbyShimmz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 03
Musician
Response to What artists most inspire you? 2018-12-05 04:36:26 Reply

@DJ-Delinquent - This guy's beats are the primary reason I started making Hip Hop and his dark style greatly influences my own.

Other than that, DJ Shadow, DJ Food, Mr Scruff, RJD2, J Dilla, DJ Premier, The Chemodan, Poetic Death and Von Poe VII are a few of my other influences that are still making music to vibe to.