00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GodsPurpose just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

How to deal with being too smart

4,639 Views | 75 Replies

Response to How to deal with being too smart 2016-08-22 12:06:27

At 8/22/16 12:01 PM, Aria5 wrote: *snipped a bunch of completely unwitty one-liners*

I think we've hit at the root of your issue. Everything you've said is a desperate attempt to keep your ego intact in the face of another person being better than you at something.

∀x (∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ∀x ¬(x ∈ e)) ∨ ∃y ¬∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ¬∃z (z ∈ y ∧ z ∈ e ∧ ∀x ¬((x ∈ y ∧ x ∈ e) ∧ ¬(x = z)))))

At 8/21/16 02:45 AM, PyroGreg wrote: If you were smart you'd know how to interact with all kinds of people
At 8/21/16 06:37 AM, DamnedByFate wrote:
At 8/21/16 01:36 AM, sharpnova wrote: I'm always the smartest person in the room.
The fact that you need to say this means you probably aren't.
At 8/21/16 07:42 AM, billybobthwarten wrote: i usually find that most people who make these claims are making false claims.
At 8/21/16 11:19 AM, dem0lecule wrote: those who are smart never tell people about their intelligence.

we could see how smart is OP now.
At 8/21/16 10:35 AM, Bit wrote: I know this thread is a joke, but I'd like to point out that if you really think that you're incredibly intelligent or talented, chances are that you aren't as smart or as skilled as you think you are. This is called the Dunning–Kruger effect. In summary: really incompetent people don't realize how much they don't know and, therefore, overestimate their own skill.
At 8/21/16 05:16 PM, Aria5 wrote:
At 8/21/16 10:35 AM, Bit wrote:
Or, OP is simply an idiot who thinks that opinions can be facts.
Seriously, not because you think you're something means you are that thing, not unless you come from Tumblr or some shit where people can be whatever they want to be if they say they are.

I'm glad there's so many geniuses in this thread, to tell us all about how the experience is and give us concrete blanket facts about every intelligent person.

Here's a blanket fact that is actually accurate: People who respond to someone else's assumption of their own intelligence, with defensiveness and bad logic, are really just reacting with kneejerk emotion of the insecure variety. Insecure for what reason you might ask? Pretty stupid question to ask me, but it's IQ obviously. They have low IQ's.

It seems like OP was just asking for help relating to others in social situations, and because of her wording, people seem to think it's okay to just attack her instead of help with what she actually asked for. OP's mistake seems to be making it clear that she is very intelligent, which is the fucking root of the problem she is bringing up! So everyone attacks her for it? What kind of people are you?

Simple minded people with chips on their shoulders just cant let someone else come in the room and claim intelligence! How dare they! Simple minded people wish we were back in the caveman days, so they could club the smarter frailer people over the head, but sorry, that's not how it works on the internet. Try to control your primal urges people.

And to you, sharpnova, I don't know what advice to give you, besides you live and you learn. You have to learn to adapt and mold to those around you without letting it invade on your own identity. Hope that helps a little, I know what it's like to be an outcast due to society's tendency to dislike highly intelligent and creative people.

Response to How to deal with being too smart 2016-08-22 12:16:28

At 8/22/16 12:11 PM, Aria5 wrote: Nah, that's actually YOUR root, i already told you that i don't give a shit if someone is better than whether it be a guy or a girl and infact i find the idea of myself being the best or better than most people objectivly retarded since "better" is a very subjective term.
And everything you're saying now is a desperate attempt to keep your ego in the face of a guy that just told you that you're better than most people when it comes to being an idiot. and you have no argument therefore you decide to just skip everything i said and act like i'm wrong when you're wrong and you know it but just don't want to accept that.
Do yourself a favor, consider changing into something better.

Lol look at you go. I suggest you read Jatora's post. It might help you understand the depths of your failure a little better :)

*smiles the smile of a thousand radiant suns beaming malicious energy down upon the charred remains of your once mighty ego*

∀x (∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ∀x ¬(x ∈ e)) ∨ ∃y ¬∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ¬∃z (z ∈ y ∧ z ∈ e ∧ ∀x ¬((x ∈ y ∧ x ∈ e) ∧ ¬(x = z)))))

Response to How to deal with being too smart 2016-08-22 12:17:20

At 8/22/16 12:11 PM, jatora wrote: And to you, sharpnova, I don't know what advice to give you, besides you live and you learn. You have to learn to adapt and mold to those around you without letting it invade on your own identity. Hope that helps a little, I know what it's like to be an outcast due to society's tendency to dislike highly intelligent and creative people.

Thank you Jatora. You've given me a lot to think about here. It was helpful finally speaking to someone on my intellectual level. I feel like I can start on the road to fixing this problem now.

Response to How to deal with being too smart 2016-08-22 12:17:20

At 8/22/16 12:15 PM, Aria5 wrote:
At 8/22/16 12:11 PM, jatora wrote: So everyone attacks him for it? What kind of people are you?
Dude, everyone mentioning that OP has some kind of problem but refuses to admit it isn't a complete attack.
People here are just attacking OP because she goes around insulting people when they disagree with her and still call herself "smart"

from what i can tell, OP is just replying to people that are attacking HER instead of helping with the issue that she made the post for in the first place.

Response to How to deal with being too smart 2016-08-22 12:26:19

At 8/22/16 12:11 PM, jatora wrote:
It seems like OP was just asking for help relating to others in social situations, and because of her wording, people seem to think it's okay to just attack her instead of help with what she actually asked for. OP's mistake seems to be making it clear that she is very intelligent, which is the fucking root of the problem she is bringing up! So everyone attacks her for it? What kind of people are you?

as has been stated, if this is how she interacts with the world, it's very clear why she has trouble with people.

At 8/22/16 12:20 PM, Aria5 wrote:
Edit : Oh and btw, no one is bothered because OP thinks she's smart, people are bothered by her shitty attitude.

ding ding!!!

any reply that isn't kissing her ass is responded to with massive condescension and the need to further explain how smart she is. yet we, the dissenting buffoons in this thread, are the insecure and those in possession of low IQ.

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to How to deal with being too smart 2016-08-22 12:27:37

At 8/22/16 12:19 PM, Aria5 wrote:
Nah, i'm not insecure about my IQ and i honestly don't give a shit about it.
I can breathe, live, be a bit social, do some programming and art and take care of myself, that's about enough IQ for me.
I'm not the kind of retard that believes that IQ should be like NG medal points. so many points, but so little use for them.
*smiles the smile of a thousand radiant suns beaming malicious energy down upon the charred remains of your once mighty ego*
*Pats head* awwww.... so cute.

Lol wow. You say you're not insecure about your IQ. But then you go on about how your IQ is 'just enough' for you. And i've seen you going back and forth with sharpnova about IQ nonstop. There's some sort of security issue there even if you don't realize it or let yourself admit it yet.

This is the exact same thing as when people claim they have 'street smarts' instead of 'book smarts'. I'm sorry that you aren't so smart Aria5, ye who lacks the originality to come up with a username of their own and instead has to copy game of thrones, and when the name is taken, then proceeds ye to try #1-5 until you got it. I'm sorry that street smarts are 100% learned and people with higher IQ's gain and utilize street smarts better than any gangster. I'm sorry that you were born in a world where people are simply more functional than you can ever be due to a small genetic twist of fate. But don't take it out on sharpnova when she's just asking for help please. I work in social service and I can't stand for people reaching out for help and getting shunned by their community. Have you looked at sharpnova's posting history? She's been here a while, and this is clearly a community that matters very much to her, and she finally found the courage to reach out. I won't turn a blind eye like the inferior people in this thread have.

Response to How to deal with being too smart 2016-08-22 12:27:42

i think everyone, except the op, has learned something from this thread

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to How to deal with being too smart 2016-08-22 12:37:15

yeah, when in doubt, just call someone an alt. God forbid i actually agree with sharpnova and think you're being a pompous prick. give me a fucking break you insecure moron

At 8/22/16 12:34 PM, Aria5 wrote: Nah breh, i don't give a shit about IQ as long as it's enough for me.
Again, i don't believe that owning so much IQ is really that important.

you are truly an idiot to be saying this without realizing what you're saying about yourself.

Aria, in what sense does IQ not matter? In every aspect of life, having a higher IQ aids in your decision making and makes you superior. That is simple fact. Denial of that is called...denial. You are in firm denial about this and it's clear

sharpnova's insults are defensiveness in the face of adversity. and its obviously the very problem she is trying to address. how are you helping here? what is your purpose besides to just insult people?

Response to How to deal with being too smart 2016-08-22 12:41:13

In all seriousness I have to ask, what are you doing with, or plan on doing with your super intellect to benefit humanity? The smartest people I know have written books, or have contributed to society in some vast way. No point in being super smart if you aren't sharing/spreading your knowledge. If you ever write a book/article on something, I would love to read it.

Are you not Entertained ?!?

BBS Signature

Response to How to deal with being too smart 2016-08-22 12:46:25

At 8/22/16 12:42 PM, Aria5 wrote:
At 8/22/16 12:38 PM, jatora wrote: you are truly an idiot to be saying this without realizing what you're saying about yourself. in what sense does IQ not matter? In every aspect of life, having a higher IQ aids in your decision making and makes you superior. That is simple fact. Denial of that is called...denial.
I'm saying that i don't give a shit if my IQ is low, you just don't want to believe that and only listening to yourself and calling me insecure, another reason to why i think you're an alt.

and im saying the reason that you're saying you don't give a shit is because your IQ is low, and insecurity has built up a defensiveness which protects your fragile ego, which gives you zero bearing on this conversation.

you're just like the short guy who says 'yeah well i can fit through smaller spaces and dont hit my head on tree branches' while completely missing the fact that being taller is superior in 99.9% of ways. it's called a chip on the shoulder. you have one. you should get rid of it cuz its a shitty aspect to your personality

At 8/22/16 12:47 PM, Aria5 wrote:
At 8/22/16 12:41 PM, jatora wrote: Aria, in what sense does IQ not matter?
In senses of social stigmas like your's and OP's where you believe that the more you call yourself smart because you're insecure about your IQ you actually become smart.

so your kneejerk reaction is to say that not one but BOTH of us aren't smart now? rofl. better watch out everybody, if you disagree with aria you are instantly stupid. are you starting to see your transparency now?

In every aspect of life, having a higher IQ aids in your decision making and makes you superior.
Yeah, not really arguing about that, i'm arguing about acting like a cunt because you think you're superior.
There's no reason to treating people like shit because you're superior other than being retarded.

you have been arguing about that. you keep repeating and repeating that IQ doesn't matter to you, and i can quote you as saying "I don't believe that owning so much IQ is really that important." so now you're going back on that? you emotional kneejerk idiot. pick a stance besides asshole.

how are you helping here? what is your purpose besides to just insult people?
Telling her that she's doing something wrong so she stops making a complete idiot out of herself - i'm not insulting anyone, she is and she started it and whoever insults her back is defending themselves, not the opposite.

this is nonsense and you know it. you are being hostile. you are posting gif's and condescending remarks. you are pathetic and anyone in this thread with an actual brain, regardless of their opinions of me or OP, can see you're definitely dumb and insecure about it.

Response to How to deal with being too smart 2016-08-22 12:59:37

At 8/22/16 12:11 PM, jatora wrote:    

Nice alt.

Response to How to deal with being too smart 2016-08-22 13:02:17

you've changed your stance at least 4 times over the course of this thread, each time to suit some flawed argument. i've called you out on your inconsistencies and you just ignore them. if you can't acknowledge one correct point from my last post, you are clearly delusional and asking for a fight. Is this not obvious to everyone?

this isn't a discussion it's just you screaming over and over and disagreeing with literally every single thing me or sharpnova says. this is what is called an emotional kneejerk reaction. you're acting like a child