00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MutantZulu81241 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters.

92,500 Views | 1,518 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2018-10-11 20:15:41

Steak, garden green beans w/ onions, and dairy-free macaroni.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2018-10-11 20:16:21

And crockpot chicken noodle soup for tonight because I’m sick.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2018-10-12 12:29:49

At 10/11/18 08:16 PM, Alias wrote: And crockpot chicken noodle soup for tonight because I’m sick.

Sorry you're sick, I just got over a three day fever and am still out of it. (Hence why I'm posting on facebook while at work)

Last night I made a chicken soup too that turned out pretty good. I chopped tomatoes, onions, garlic, celery, and sauteed them. Blended them with an immersion blender and then added shredded chicken, chicken broth, and seasoned with cayenne, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.

I garnished with cilantro and avocado. It turned out surprisingly good.

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2018-10-12 15:53:38

At 10/12/18 12:29 PM, Fro wrote: I garnished with cilantro and avocado. It turned out surprisingly good.

That SOUNDS good! It's sick-season, and it's the perfect weather for soups.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2018-10-16 10:28:22

At 10/14/18 05:41 PM, Zymbot wrote: I made pepper steak.

It's got bell peppers, mushrooms, and onions in it, along with the steak and beef gravy, served on top of brown rice.

Had an eggroll with it too.

That looks like it would be good on a sub roll. Almost looks like a cheesesteak. Speaking of which, I haven't had a cheesesteak at all, let alone a good one, since I moved from the east coast to the west coast. Next time I visit my family in PA I know what I'm requesting for dinner.

Come to think of it I did get a cheesesteak when I visited my family back in August. I ordered a dozen wings and a cheesesteak with everything at a local dive bar and it was great.

Anyone else love bar food? I know I've talked about bar food in here before, but I'm dieting so it's on my mind again...

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2018-12-04 21:22:30

At 12/4/18 07:23 PM, ladysketchly wrote: Oh man. Are people not using this anymore? Im one of them tumblr refugees and Im trying to get more into baking.
Weird question. does anyone else's family make their turkey by wrapping it in a brown paper bag coated in peanut oil before they bake it?

haha, we’re still here! I have so many things to upload but have been busy :)

my family does not use a bag, grandma uses a pan specifically designed for roasting turkeys, and butter and oils and herbs.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2018-12-09 23:12:20

Thawed out frozen green beans from the garden, and paired with chicken.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2018-12-09 23:15:25

Breakfast!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2018-12-09 23:15:56

Breakfast part 2!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2018-12-10 21:57:20

At 12/10/18 04:12 PM, Zymbot wrote:
At 12/9/18 11:15 PM, Alias wrote: Breakfast part 2!
Two breakfasts!

Yup! I love breakfast foods!

I also had this dinner one night of grilled chicken and tomato with garlic and onion sautéd all together and that was delicious as well.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2018-12-11 12:48:02

Breakfast part 3!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2018-12-12 13:55:54

At 12/11/18 12:48 PM, Alias wrote: Breakfast part 3!

We had breakfast for dinner last night. I'm usually terrible at making pancakes, but I finally figured it out. I was using too high of a heat before and I could never get them done just right. A little bit of patience and a lower heat and they turned out just perfect. That and some breakfast sausage.

I think my favorite breakfast is eggs, over easy or sunny side up, rye toast, scrapple, sausage, bacon, and hashbrowns.

Also, we've been watching this baking competition show on netflix. I'm usually not one for desserts, but this show has curved my appetite. The old me use to eat more of the savory food and if I didn't have room for dessert so be it. Now I'm leaning towards a mixture of both...

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2018-12-12 14:31:25

At 12/12/18 01:55 PM, Fro wrote: Also, we've been watching this baking competition show on netflix. I'm usually not one for desserts, but this show has curved my appetite. The old me use to eat more of the savory food and if I didn't have room for dessert so be it. Now I'm leaning towards a mixture of both...

what is scrapple? also is it the great british baking show?

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2018-12-12 14:38:40

At 12/12/18 02:31 PM, Alias wrote:
At 12/12/18 01:55 PM, Fro wrote: Also, we've been watching this baking competition show on netflix. I'm usually not one for desserts, but this show has curved my appetite. The old me use to eat more of the savory food and if I didn't have room for dessert so be it. Now I'm leaning towards a mixture of both...
what is scrapple?

I often forget that this is something really only found in Pennsylvania. It's a Pennsylvania dutch food. The same people who brought us the apple dumpling. (Another food that I have to often explain to people who aren't from the east coast)

It doesn't sound great when described, but I think it's delicious. It's basically all the trimmings of pork that didn't get sold off as traditional cuts of pork.

Pork trimmings and corn bread mush. Usually fried so it's golden brown and slightly crispy on the outside and still soft and well... mushy.. on the inside. If I had to think of anything that it reminded me of it would have to be pork belly with a different texture.

also is it the great british baking show?

Yes, that's the one. We've been watching an episode every night before bed.

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2018-12-17 11:18:12

At 12/16/18 03:17 PM, ladysketchly wrote: Pumpkin butter toast and my very first omelet. I think i had the heat up too high , so the outside browned up more than Id like, but it still tasted delicious.

It still looks like it turned out pretty good. I've never made an omelette before, but my partner has made some good ones in the past. I feel like I never keep the proper ingredients at home to make a delicious one so I'm usually just making scrambled eggs instead. If I'm going to a place to eat breakfast an omelette is a go to meal. I always rather the savory breakfast than pancakes or other sweet breakfast food.

I rediscovered that the best way to make scrambled eggs is to make them in the same pan that you're making bacon. I start the bacon in there first until it's the right texture, turn the heat down, and then toss the eggs in. Man, that bacon grease makes everything taste a lot better. My daughter doesn't like them that way because she doesn't like bacon. That means if I make eggs over the weekend I have to make 2 separate servings of them.

A month ago we made Indian. Today I found some Naan from said month ago in the very back of the oven...

Sorry for sideways picture... Phone wont upload it any other way...

iu_55_808532.jpg

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2018-12-20 01:10:16

At 12/18/18 09:43 PM, Fro wrote: A month ago we made Indian. Today I found some Naan

i want try naan bread! What does it taste like?

BBS Signature

not breakfast.

cake cake cake iu_184_5867179.jpg

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2018-12-20 13:00:02

At 12/20/18 01:10 AM, Alias wrote:
At 12/18/18 09:43 PM, Fro wrote: A month ago we made Indian. Today I found some Naan
i want try naan bread! What does it taste like?

Wow.. really? I mean.. I guess I was in my mid 20's before I had Indian food let alone naan, but this still surprises me. I can't really describe it to you, but it's one of the best breads out there in my opinion. Indian food has so much flavor and it's fun to put spoon fulls of it on naan and mix everything up.

Even the naan can get pretty interesting in flavors. Some Indian places will have multiple types of naan itself. We buy it from the local grocery store bakery whenever we cook Indian at home, but it's also pretty simple to make from scratch as well.

At 12/20/18 01:11 AM, Alias wrote:
not breakfast.

cake cake cake

I'm a strong believer that cake and pie are primarily a breakfast food.

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2018-12-27 18:50:28

iu_717_5867179.jpgChristmas brunch!

biscuits and gravy, sausage hash brown casserole and fruit. Paired with mimosas and banana pudding for dessert!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2018-12-27 18:51:58

At 12/20/18 01:00 PM, Fro wrote: I'm a strong believer that cake and pie are primarily a breakfast food.

damn, you’re right. Cake, pie, muffins, donutz. All breakfast foods.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2019-01-10 12:05:30

My spouse has started up classes/teaching again so gone are the nights of complicated meals.

I had to throw something together really quickly last night. It actually turned out pretty well and made me look like I knew what I was doing.

I put my daughter in charge of the sauce, she really good at it, especially for a 5 year old. She put together a mixture of sesame oil, spicy sesame oil, and soy sauce. After tasting it and having me taste it as well she recommended a mixture of sriracha and brown sugar. She added those things, redid the taste test and it turned it really delicious.

I fried up some pineapple and salmon, soaking both in her sauce. And tossed on some rice and couscous. Pictured below was my daughters serving.

Mom came home as soon as it was finished and she forced us to add some vegetables to it. (Not pictured)

iu_1684_808532.jpg

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2019-01-10 14:36:39

At 1/10/19 12:05 PM, Fro wrote: Mom came home as soon as it was finished and she forced us to add some vegetables to it. (Not pictured)

This looks delicious and I lol'd!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2019-01-11 18:58:09

At 1/10/19 10:21 PM, Zymbot wrote: I roasted two bags of baby carrots tonight. I ate some and saved the rest.

I like some good roasted veggies.

Always great with chicken and/or noodles!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2019-01-11 21:28:41

iu_1820_5867179.jpgChicken Alfredo with a french garlic bread roll! I chopped up garlic, used garlic seasoning and mozzarella cheese for the bread topping. It was kind of spicy, yet delicious.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2019-01-14 21:57:47

iu_2225_5867179.jpgrose all day

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2019-01-20 22:17:34

iu_3386_5867179.jpgdinner was chili with Skyline @ZJ oyster crackers, + corn bread

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2019-01-22 10:43:01

We went to hotpot over the weekend. I didn't remember to take a picture of the food, but here is a generic picture from the restaurants website that almost matches our order.iu_3709_808532.jpg

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2019-01-22 17:16:24

At 1/22/19 10:43 AM, Fro wrote: We went to hotpot over the weekend. I didn't remember to take a picture of the food, but here is a generic picture from the restaurants website that almost matches our order.

Wow, that's impressive!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Club for Cooks, Bakers & Eaters. 2019-02-01 00:58:04

iu_5055_5867179.jpgI baked chicken breast the other night and it was delicious. I used oil, chili powder, onion, onion powder, garlic powder and black pepper. Coated both sides of the chicken and baked at 450 degrees for 25 minutes. Served with steak fries.

BBS Signature