00:00
00:00

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

Promote your animation videos

4,071 Views | 37 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Promote your animation videos 2016-05-20 12:37:45

Hey guys just curious how is everyone promoting their animation work? It seems pretty hard to get your content seen which can be frustrating after all the time you put into it. What websites or social media have you used? Any tips are appreciated thanks.

Response to Promote your animation videos 2016-05-20 14:40:38

At 5/20/16 12:37 PM, RDavidson wrote: Hey guys just curious how is everyone promoting their animation work? It seems pretty hard to get your content seen which can be frustrating after all the time you put into it. What websites or social media have you used? Any tips are appreciated thanks.

Post on Newgrounds. It will be seen by around 300-600 people, maybe 1000+ if it's on a popular topic. If it's really good, it will get daily feature or even front page and may get 5 000-20 000 views. Again, if on popular topic, then may be even more views. If it's not good, you don't need to bother promoting your animation work, because it's not worth it, people are just not interested in it.

Post as a video on Youtube, the most popular video sharing website in the entire world with the highest revenue flows. It would be an understatement to say that many people visit Youtube. Promotion system on Youtube is based on subscription, comments, mentions, sharing and perhaps making videos on a trend topic. Once channel is promoted, more people will subscribe watch videos on it. I am grossly unfamiliar with the details, as I was never interested in Youtube channel promotion, but this page may tell you more: http://www.reelseo.com/47-ways-promote-youtube-channel/

Response to Promote your animation videos 2016-05-22 15:29:12

If you think your work is good enough, you can always find a decent and related sub on reddit to post your work on which will generate a good few views.

Yare Yare Daze...

BBS Signature

Response to Promote your animation videos 2016-05-23 05:23:25

At 5/22/16 03:29 PM, Blounty wrote: If you think your work is good enough, you can always find a decent and related sub on reddit to post your work on which will generate a good few views.

Most sub reddit mods are pricks, yesterday some cunt banned me for promoting and asking to promote one of my videos on the sub reddit.

Though Reddit is a very good place to gain views, most sub reddits dont just allow people to instantly promote their own videos..

Response to Promote your animation videos 2016-05-23 13:04:11

Well, Newgrounds is a nice place for exposition in animation but I also upload my animation projects on youtube and created a facebook acc about my artwork and stuff. on Youtube you can join also the group Animation Frederation, they have a good animation community where you can share your creations.

Overall I think it's up to you to keep promoting your stuff, Newgrounds, Youtube and other sites can do as much as they can but ultimately is also your job to promote your work with others, make a website too, create a fan base community, make a way you can reach the people that like your animations, most people like stay in touch with creators.

I think that's all I know about it.

Response to Promote your animation videos 2017-07-27 14:56:51

Hi Guys i have a platform you can put up your animations and earn great revenues pls contact for more info

Response to Promote your animation videos 2017-08-21 11:33:30

More info plz???

Response to Promote your animation videos 2018-01-15 08:39:53

What is the info?

At 7/27/17 02:56 PM, Uche-Anthony wrote: Hi Guys i have a platform you can put up your animations and earn great revenues pls contact for more info

Response to Promote your animation videos 2018-01-25 19:04:03

At 5/20/16 12:37 PM, RDavidson wrote: Hey guys just curious how is everyone promoting their animation work? It seems pretty hard to get your content seen which can be frustrating after all the time you put into it. What websites or social media have you used? Any tips are appreciated thanks.

At the moment between here and facebook are my biggest points of promoting my animations... Youtube has a pretty crappy way of people being found on there own. So find groups on facebook that share the same ideas you have for your animation weather it be fan work, or political or whatever

Response to Promote your animation videos 2018-07-01 18:20:06

Just a thought im looking to purchase an animated series for my youtube channel if any one is interested let me know Asswhooptv@gmail.com

Response to Promote your animation videos 2018-07-02 11:56:02

1. Post on youtube
2. Post here
3. Post on my website.
4. Post to facebook.

Response to Promote your animation videos 2018-10-22 12:03:39

At 7/2/18 11:56 AM, ZebraHumor wrote: 1. Post on youtube
2. Post here
3. Post on my website.
4. Post to facebook.

Do you post your YouTube link on here or just upload the video

Response to Promote your animation videos 2018-10-23 05:30:39

It's hard, that's for sure, but being active on Social Media's helps a lot. Not just by posting you stuff, but also by interacting with other posts from other people. Be active, make friends etc. But of course also post updates on your work (try not to spam obviously). Start a twitter/facebook fan page, go stream even.

Of course Newgrounds does a great job of giving every video that is being made a chance! Keep posting here for sure as well!

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

Niels (64 Bits)

BBS Signature

Response to Promote your animation videos 2018-10-24 10:30:32

At 10/22/18 12:03 PM, LifeandRiceAnimation wrote:
2. Post here
3. Post on my website.
4. Post to facebook.
Do you post your YouTube link on here or just upload the video

No, I just upload the video. I get way more views here than youtube.

Response to Promote your animation videos 2019-01-01 08:57:01

At 7/27/17 02:56 PM, Uche-Anthony wrote: Hi Guys i have a platform you can put up your animations and earn great revenues pls contact for more info

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVp0Vqa_qs8

Response to Promote your animation videos 2019-01-01 08:57:15

2. Post here
3. Post on my website.
4. Post to facebook.

Response to Promote your animation videos 2019-01-01 20:45:23

At 1/1/19 08:57 AM, FaizanHanief wrote:
2. Post here
3. Post on my website.
4. Post to facebook.

nah

De gustibus non est disputandum

At 1/1/19 08:57 AM, FaizanHanief wrote:
2. Post here
3. Post on my website.
4. Post to facebook.

5.Interact with other peoples work. Comment on videos and support others. (Facebook, twitter an so on).

I am just starting out as well with my animations. If you have a kind heart, please, check it out and give some feedback:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDze5wnnUXk

Response to Promote your animation videos 2020-02-25 10:50:49

I have this website Fiyah.tv

Response to Promote your animation videos 2020-03-03 06:22:36

Hi hope you are fine, I suggest you that you can promote your animation video either it can animated explainer videos, logo animations, and others on social media and websites. in this era the social media is a common and biggest platform where you can share and promote your content easily and in free of cost.

thanks.

Response to Promote your animation videos 2020-03-07 13:10:27

It's an ongoing battle of trying to narrow down your niche, but really focus on making things for yourself and that you enjoy making. People who like what you like will find it eventually (hopefully?).

I try to cover all the social media bases but you have to customize your content a bit for each platform; there are different kinds of people on each and their algorithms are designed to naturally promote content a certain way.

Again, focus on what you like and people will notice.

Monthly animations, sketchbook tours, and weekly art streams.

BBS Signature

At 5/20/16 02:40 PM, kkots wrote:

Post on Newgrounds. It will be seen by around 300-600 people, maybe 1000+ if it's on a popular topic. If it's really good, it will get daily feature or even front page and may get 5 000-20 000 views. Again, if on popular topic, then may be even more views.

I think you mean popular on Newgrounds: Madness Interactive, clock videos, Nintendo parodies, poorly drawn anime, or brony hentai. >.>

At 5/20/16 02:40 PM, kkots wrote: If it's not good, you don't need to bother promoting your animation work, because it's not worth it, people are just not interested in it.

Define good ... there's tons of popular animations out there that I'd consider bad.

BBS Signature

Response to Promote your animation videos 2020-05-05 23:15:54

Looks like we have some pro H E A D L I N E .READERz.

BBS Signature

Response to Promote your animation videos 2020-05-06 02:47:16

Everytime this dead thread gets bumped I'm reminded why the animation forum doesn't do well.

De gustibus non est disputandum

Response to Promote your animation videos 2020-05-06 03:22:54

At 5/5/20 11:15 PM, Bingleheimer wrote: Looks like we have some pro H E A D L I N E .READERz.

Yeah, my bad, I read only the title and the last message where Outsideboxproduction posted his video, and I just uploaded mine.