00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Thrll just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Best of April & Pico Day Aftermath

21,762 Views | 88 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Best of April & Pico Day Aftermath 2016-05-09 22:34:34

Had an absolute blast, even bigger and better than last year! Very motivating as well, everyone's filled me with an even greater desire to make more stuff.

And thanks for taking this pic Tom, it turned out to be the best of the bunch!

Response to Best of April & Pico Day Aftermath 2016-05-09 23:21:56

At 5/9/16 09:21 PM, Schizo-Sephy wrote: @TomFulp
So can any NG user go to Pico Day next year or is it by invite only?

It has to stay invite-only because it's expensive to host so many people and there is limited space and bathroom capacity. I have a feeling demand will be higher than ever if we do it next year, too.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

At 5/9/16 11:21 PM, TomFulp wrote:
It has to stay invite-only because it's expensive to host so many people and there is limited space and bathroom capacity. I have a feeling demand will be higher than ever if we do it next year, too.

Understandable.
I don't expect an invite because I'm not known at all in the community.
I really want a chance to meet the staff of NG though.
Do you guys go to any conventions in the midwest?
I live all the way in Wisconsin so I'm kinda boned when it comes to any NG meetups....

Let us wallow in the filth of the void clinging to one another.

Formerly Schizo-sephy.

Response to Best of April & Pico Day Aftermath 2016-05-09 23:43:20

At 5/9/16 11:41 PM, Schizo-Sephy wrote: Understandable.
I really want a chance to meet the staff of NG.
Do you guys go to any conventions in the midwest?
I live all the way in Wisconsin so I'm kinda boned when it comes to any NG meetups....

Actually I visited Milwaukee once and liked it... Maybe we need a Milwaukee meetup... Hotels were cheap there, too.

BBS Signature

Response to Best of April & Pico Day Aftermath 2016-05-09 23:46:57

At 5/9/16 11:43 PM, TomFulp wrote:
Actually I visited Milwaukee once and liked it... Maybe we need a Milwaukee meetup... Hotels were cheap there, too.

Really?
Fuck, I would love to do that.
Milwaukee is a....
Interesting place and I live relatively close.
I WOULD TOTALLY GO!!
I might not be known around here but I still wanna meet the legends behind this site.

Let us wallow in the filth of the void clinging to one another.

Formerly Schizo-sephy.

Response to Best of April & Pico Day Aftermath 2016-05-10 03:03:08

The FOMO is real... At least i can use the fancy new smiley things

BBS Signature

The stream was a great experience. I met a bunch of awesome people in chat and was planning to see the whole thing through to the end when... Something happened. Let's just say I'm glad to see your twitch account is back online again Tom! Of course none of this compares to actually being there, heh. Next year I'll definitely be at the office party. I have a feeling 2017 will have a killer turnup!

@TomFulp, could you put @Ryeguyhead on the list next year? He's a musician I've known since 2004 and he still actively posts here (he's even a supporter! O:). Last time I talked to him he had a job close to Philly's city hall. I was pretty bummed out last year when I missed my chance to meet him.

BBS Signature

Response to Best of April & Pico Day Aftermath 2016-05-10 08:23:50

It was aight! First post.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Best of April & Pico Day Aftermath 2016-05-10 10:06:01

Nice

The cake is a liar!

BBS Signature

Response to Best of April & Pico Day Aftermath 2016-05-10 10:45:43

@tomfulp have you thought about having a small door fee or even just a donation bucket to cover a few costs?

BBS Signature

Response to Best of April & Pico Day Aftermath 2016-05-10 10:49:35

At 5/10/16 10:45 AM, Blounty wrote: @tomfulp have you thought about having a small door fee or even just a donation bucket to cover a few costs?

That was suggested a few times this year, I don't really like asking people to pay after they've already paid for travel and lodging to get here, although it's definitely something to consider for an open even that anyone can attend - I think that would likely be a different event, though.

BBS Signature

Response to Best of April & Pico Day Aftermath 2016-05-10 10:50:06

Congrats to the monthly winners here.

Response to Best of April & Pico Day Aftermath 2016-05-10 11:33:47

Woo number 10 :D (Dandy Cave Explorer)

Congrats to the winners!

Response to Best of April & Pico Day Aftermath 2016-05-10 12:47:07

Thank you for everything, Tom. I have very rarely been so physically and mentally exhausted by any event in my life.
But what my body gave up in strength, my mind and imagination gained.
Because of all of the incredible, kind, charming, and cool-ass people whom I've met and hung out with during this Pico Day weekend.
Sweet, grateful, passionate people who have taken in a very part-time NG voice actor like me. And who accepted me and my girlfriend so graciously and so effortlessly. And I thank you tons of times over for that.

All of you whom I've met, including Tom, truly make this life La Dolce Vita.

By the way, this is what I looked like. The guy in the middle, Mindy on the right. =)

If I did not approach you and get to know you, I do apologize. I hope that you also had a wonderful weekend.

- Fernando

Response to Best of April & Pico Day Aftermath 2016-05-10 13:15:52

Oh man; looked like so much fun, wish I could have gone. At least I got to watch the Livestream throughout most of the day.

Any news on the picoday2016 audio submissions?

BBS Signature

I just want to thank everyone that showed up for being so handsome.

Can't stress how much fun it was to see lots of you fine folks just getting your sassy selves together.

Pico Day sure was a fine time.

Need a hot dicking?

JonasATnewgrounds.com

I do voices.

Response to Best of April & Pico Day Aftermath 2016-05-10 15:06:55

I had such a good time! It broke me outta my shell for sure, and I hope I get to attend next year. You're all absolutely fantastic.

Response to Best of April & Pico Day Aftermath 2016-05-10 16:06:44

I had a crazy awesome time; Thanks for hosting such a great community Tom!

I like aliens and robots too much.

Response to Best of April & Pico Day Aftermath 2016-05-10 16:36:51

Sounds like it was pretty awesome. Almost even more so than the Pico days of past years. Glad there was a livestream to tune into for those of us on other continents without economy to bridge them grand watery divides between, though I didn't have as much time to tune in as I'd wanted. And those Pico Day gifts! Was definitely an event out of the ordinary.

Also: Congrats to the winners!

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Best of April & Pico Day Aftermath 2016-05-10 16:41:29

At 5/10/16 10:49 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 5/10/16 10:45 AM, Blounty wrote: @tomfulp have you thought about having a small door fee or even just a donation bucket to cover a few costs?
That was suggested a few times this year, I don't really like asking people to pay after they've already paid for travel and lodging to get here, although it's definitely something to consider for an open even that anyone can attend - I think that would likely be a different event, though.

Have you considered having smaller events throughout the year as well? I'm sure people would buy tickets or make donations to come to events similar to the Draw the Jazza stream, could do a series with various NG guests teaching different skills - drawing. voice acting, etc or doing panels / meet&greets. It would be a great way to utilize the downstairs space and bring in some revenue to keep everything running.

BBS Signature

Response to Best of April & Pico Day Aftermath 2016-05-10 17:55:42

Oh man next year i owe ya a better sketch! Took me a while to get warmed up. Was reall cool meeting ya dude.

At 5/10/16 05:33 PM, yurgenburgen wrote:
page 43
@superphil

At 5/10/16 05:33 PM, yurgenburgen wrote: all the pages from my sketchook from Pico Day 2016!!

It was so cool to meet you, dude!

I also did a doodle in @AlmightyHans 's sketchbook.

Also, WTF @Voltage !? Did we meet or was I too toasty?

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

First....WOW! Pico Day was amazing! I had a good time chilling and running to some of you there. Sorry for those I met last year I didn't get a chance to catch you again this year.

@VicariousE sorry you couldn't make it this year sir, I was looking forward in catching up with you and @MindChamber @01010111 @foolmoron @HappyHarry @JohnnyUthah @Jonnyethco @Krinkels @Luis @PhantomArcade3000 @Rikert @Ryan @Sabtastic @Spazkid @Thundaboom @TomaMoto I may have ran to you guys last year but sorry I missed you guys this year. So much was going on and it seems more people have attended this year, but I hope to catch you guys next year.
But for those I did ran into. Much love to you all!

@R1665 @TheShadling @Emily-youcis @Cecameron @Cleod-9 @Deathink @Zvch3 @Meliz1241 @Dylan @Jazlyte @Inexpensivejew @jackdcurleo @mattyburrito @levpo @Matt-Porter @Nalem @Saminat @Voltage @Spanio @Spinalpalm @Thewillyboo @Zj @Zbc @strawberryclock @Raziberry And the man himself @TomFulp
And I hope to see you guys again next year as well. Sorry if I miss anyone, if I did please let me know. XD

Check out my work at MysticSkillz

BBS Signature

Response to Best of April & Pico Day Aftermath 2016-05-10 19:18:41

At 5/10/16 07:13 PM, yurgenburgen wrote:
At 5/10/16 06:36 PM, MysticSkillz wrote: First....WOW!
saw you there but didn't get chance to chat
we met at Pico Day 2015 though
next year!!

Oh sorry Yurgenburgen I forgot to cross you off the list last year.

BBS Signature

Response to Best of April & Pico Day Aftermath 2016-05-10 19:35:53

Well it was great that you, other admins, and other users that somehow came by, at the party for Pico Day and had a great time. Jeez April was sure a busy month for me. Also nice wallpapers. Probably an okay month for me.

SM/AMA/FAQs (Now both are ready, well sort of) My shortcuts

BBS Signature

At 5/10/16 10:49 AM, TomFulp wrote:

I think you should! We love what you do and how you help the community in such ways. I think everyone who attended would be more then willing to throw some bucks into a bucket to help out costs. :D

Response to Best of April & Pico Day Aftermath 2016-05-10 20:52:50

At 5/10/16 06:36 PM, MysticSkillz wrote: First....WOW! Pico Day was amazing! I had a good time chilling and running to some of you there. Sorry for those I met last year I didn't get a chance to catch you again this year.

Hey man, sorry I missed ya! I was there, but I hardly even sat down I was constantly meeting people. Hope to catch ya next year.

Response to Best of April & Pico Day Aftermath 2016-05-10 22:00:38

Ditto, plus I was all over the place trying to catch everyone.

BBS Signature

Response to Best of April & Pico Day Aftermath 2016-05-10 22:07:26

I definitely had a blast, a huge thanks to everyone who made things possible! I got to see some people i met last year and got to know a few new ones. The office is certainly an amazing place to explore and see the various projects that people are currently working on, I love the sense of community.

It was certainly a magical time to say the least, including the fact that it was sunny on Pico Day weekend, even though it rained for a solid two weeks leading up to it and thus far the two days following.

Response to Best of April & Pico Day Aftermath 2016-05-10 23:24:47

Damn, by the time I said hi to all my old friends I barely had a chance to introduce myself to the new faces :(

BBS Signature