00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Matilly just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Pico Day 2016 Room Sharing

1,222 Views | 13 Replies

Figured I get this started sooner rather than later for anyone looking to for a room to crash or a room to share, whether it be house, apartment, condo, flat, inn or hotel.

Make a post below if you are looking for a room or looking to share some room (and how many people you can take on as well as the specific days you have room available). For those of you sharing hotel rooms, do post the name and location of the hotel as well as the cost you paid so anyone looking to bunk with you can pay a share of your reservation cost. For those sharing their place, give a general location (nearest major intersection) as well as specifying if you're charging an upfront cost (like damage collateral) if you feel it's necessary.

Also everybody consider your transportation options whether it be by Car, Uber / Lyft, public transportation.

And of course, to everyone, have yourselves a fun PicoDay!

BBS Signature

I will also go ahead and start with the first post:

Looking to Fill:
a 2 Bed Hotel Room at the BEST WESTERN Fort Washington Inn

Duration:
6th - 8th of May

# of peeps:
Can fit 2 comfortably can go up to 4 or 6 people, depending on their budgets
(Note: after 2 occupants, for those extra not comfortable with sharing beds may want to bring their own sleeping bags/pads and pillow)

Cost:
$164.16 / # of peeps

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day 2016 Room Sharing 2016-05-03 19:12:57

I've been to every Pico Day since 2013 and never stayed overnight even once. I always made my journey from NYC to Philly, then Glenside, a meticulously planned day trip accompanied by either @deathink or @Grub-Xer0 depending on which year we're talking about. Any of you want to chime in regarding this year's plans? I've still yet to buy any bus tickets.

Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011 | NYC Meet 2013

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day 2016 Room Sharing 2016-05-03 22:23:44

I call Shotgun.

R1665

At 5/3/16 07:12 PM, mohawkade wrote: I will also go ahead and start with the first post:

Looking to Fill:

Duration:
6th - 8th of May

# of peeps:
(Note: after 2 occupants, for those extra not comfortable with sharing beds may want to bring their own sleeping bags/pads and pillow)

Cost:
$164.16 / # of peeps

@foolmoron and I are both looking to share a spot - I'm cool with sleeping on the floor or sharing a bed - although I think we'll only be staying Sat. night

Response to Pico Day 2016 Room Sharing 2016-05-04 00:56:36

My post wasn't meant to be trolly or smart-assed. I actually did secure accommodations with mohawkade.

R1665

At 5/4/16 12:42 AM, Shikamarana wrote: @MemeFiend3 @Centaurora @R1665 @Bit

Great contributions. Thanks a lot. We're off to a great start.

At 5/3/16 07:12 PM, GoryBlizzard wrote: I've still yet to buy any bus tickets.

I haven't bought my tickets yet either. You wanna do a day trip like before?

NG UOTD 2/4/11 | I run a Minecraft server. | Con los terroristas

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day 2016 Room Sharing 2016-05-04 15:50:00

Can officially announce that the room is now full. Anyone else looking for a room or looking to fill some space are still free to post here.

At 5/3/16 07:12 PM, mohawkade wrote: Looking to Fill:

Duration:
6th - 8th of May

# of peeps:

Cost:
$164.16 / # of peeps

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day 2016 Room Sharing 2016-05-04 17:36:15

At 5/4/16 03:47 PM, Grub-Xer0 wrote: I haven't bought my tickets yet either. You wanna do a day trip like before?

Sure. I'll send you some info soon.

Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011 | NYC Meet 2013

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day 2016 Room Sharing 2016-05-04 21:57:58

Okay, well, I'll be at the Best Western Friday and Saturday night. I'll do what I can to get a 2 bed smoking-friendly room, but I'm going to take my chances and book the room in person, just after 3PM Friday... they owe me a free night, and I don't want an automated reservation to fuck that up. Odds are very good they'll have a room available with 2 beds.

So I guess I can take 3, so long as someone doesn't mind sleeping with an old man, who has bad breath and smokes muds. I usually crack the door and run the bathroom fan while I'm awake anyway. I've got an updated pic of myself in the Post-A-Pic thread, just to expedite matters ...

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day 2016 Room Sharing 2016-05-05 15:00:25

Looking for a room, hotel, house, or otherwise. I'll be coming in Friday night (train arrives at 11 pm :\) and leaving Sunday morning so I won't be around all that much.

Click the Squid -> 🦑

Response to Pico Day 2016 Room Sharing 2016-05-05 21:11:17

Unless someone can pick me up, there's no way I can attend this year, sorry, the head gasket on my truck is leaking. The truck overheats after 15 minutes of idling.

I'm 10 minutes away and 4 turns from 8A on the New Jersey Turnpike, but really, I don't expect help or want sympathy

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day 2016 Room Sharing 2016-05-11 14:40:42

At 5/11/16 05:56 AM, Hoodie wrote: hmu

I had to look that one up!

Lookin to go this weekend

Isn't the Pico Day meetup over already.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day 2016 Room Sharing 2016-05-26 00:16:36

At 5/11/16 01:16 AM, Voltage wrote:
At 5/5/16 09:11 PM, VicariousE wrote: I'm 10 minutes away and 4 turns from 8A on the New Jersey Turnpike, but really, I don't expect help or want sympathy
Dude I kind of feel bad about this. I had left Maine on Friday, I kind of wish I knew sooner.

It's okay, it happened so last-minute, I had no time, some of which was lost... just freaking out about it. Still freaking out about losing the truck, and whether to replace the engine or just let it go, and find a shitty banger :p My Pop did a good job maintaining it since he bought new... despite the heater core being a ball of rust from the getgo

BBS Signature