00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BWWAA-LORD-OF-DUCKS just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NEW Emoticon Sets & PAX Wrap-up

26,183 Views | 98 Replies
Respond to this Topic

@Liljim just finished our latest Supporter perk: Custom emoticon sets!

The launch set is by @Deathink and is perfect for anyone who wants to emote with skulls.

If you're a supporter ($2.99 per month / $25 for one year), simply click dropdown under "Thread Mood:" wheverever emoticon sets are available (forums, blogs, private messages).

Thank you again to everyone who has become a supporter and joined our Wall of Honor. Our long-term goal is to be far less reliant on advertising AND to have budget to do great things such as animation and game sponsorships, bigger prizes and better artist earnings.

A strong supporter base is ESSENTIAL to the future of Newgrounds, which is why we are putting a lot of effort into attracting and retaining supporters. Ad revenue will continue to drop as a result of Adblock adoption and reduced spending on traditional display ads in favor of highly targeted (aka your private data being gathered by Google and Facebook) spending. Paying supporters make us future-proof and success of this system will make Newgrounds better than it has ever been. Every person counts because we intend to hit 10,000 supporters and not stop from there.

Expect more emoticon sets and other perks but if you AREN'T a supporter, we have big improvements on the way for you too.

POST-PAX NEWS

I spent the weekend in Boston, where we were showing Pit People at PAX! Pit People is game #4 from the Behemoth and we also had Castle Crashers and BattleBlock Theater arcade cabinets ready to play.

There was some impressive Castle Crashers cosplay this weekend, check it out: one, two, three!

I also got to see and hang out with lots of great people including @TheLivingTombstone, @jmtb02 at the Kongregate booth, @wittyhobos, @jimp, @jayarmstronggames, @Louissi and Dan at the @ArmorGames booth, @Afro-Ninja, @RicePirate, @digsBot, @nevarky, @Oney, @TadakuniAmano, @toge-games, @Kirbopher, @Manly-Chicken, @kryzon, @Jasonario, @coruptedGames and @KaijuTurtle.

Sorry in advance if I missed you, drop me a PM and I'll add you! Also sorry to everyone I never managed to bump into, like @Zeurel and @ColonelCheru.

Check out Bad Taste on IndieGoGo, @Sherbalex and @Celx-Requin are making it!

Pico Day is May 7th!

NEW Emoticon Sets & PAX Wrap-up

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to NEW Emoticon Sets & PAX Wrap-up 2016-04-26 12:56:27

These icons have a suggestive vibe. Good work.

If you're a Newgrounds OG who appreciates Flash games with depth, check out the game I made in 2024.

Response to NEW Emoticon Sets & PAX Wrap-up 2016-04-26 13:02:11

Testing new emoticons. 10/10 good job @deathink

Response to NEW Emoticon Sets & PAX Wrap-up 2016-04-26 13:03:38

Ooh, I'm really digging how Deathink didn't just duplicate the emotions already there. All the NG characters are an awesome touch.

Cool meeting you again and @Oney at PAX on Saturday! Pit People was great.

Sorry I won't be able to make it to Pico day ;(

Response to NEW Emoticon Sets & PAX Wrap-up 2016-04-26 13:09:05

Oooooh hell yeah.

Cartoonist lad, occasional BBS poster and all-round human hailing from the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

NOTICE: Anyone caught posting A.I. 'art' on Newgrounds.com will have their balls ripped off and flushed down the toilet.

BBS Signature

Response to NEW Emoticon Sets & PAX Wrap-up 2016-04-26 13:12:26

At 4/26/16 01:08 PM, kryzon wrote: Cool meeting you again and @Oney at PAX on Saturday! Pit People was great.

Sorry I won't be able to make it to Pico day ;(

Great seeing you too, our paths shall cross again!

BBS Signature

Response to NEW Emoticon Sets & PAX Wrap-up 2016-04-26 13:19:51

I've got to say, I'm loving all these new perks <3

Response to NEW Emoticon Sets & PAX Wrap-up 2016-04-26 13:23:40

Look at my skull!

BBS Signature

w00000000000000000000000000000ttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOOK MOM, I'M AN EMOTE!!!!!!

"A reward is it's own reward." - Killgar

Response to NEW Emoticon Sets & PAX Wrap-up 2016-04-26 13:31:49

Do we have to pay tickets for Pico Day, or is it free? I just want to know if I have to bring money.

Response to NEW Emoticon Sets & PAX Wrap-up 2016-04-26 13:32:40

Great work as always deathink!

GAH!

BBS Signature

Response to NEW Emoticon Sets & PAX Wrap-up 2016-04-26 13:37:49

Hey @tomfulp, you vote in the primaries today, or are you un-affiliated with either party?

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to NEW Emoticon Sets & PAX Wrap-up 2016-04-26 13:39:20

At 4/26/16 01:31 PM, DoTheDood wrote: Do we have to pay tickets for Pico Day, or is it free? I just want to know if I have to bring money.

It's free if you were invited.

Response to NEW Emoticon Sets & PAX Wrap-up 2016-04-26 13:39:36

Love icons and excited for Pico Day

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic by Pingu ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

Response to NEW Emoticon Sets & PAX Wrap-up 2016-04-26 13:40:47

OoOO! Sweet!!!

Wahoo

BBS Signature

Response to NEW Emoticon Sets & PAX Wrap-up 2016-04-26 13:48:04

At 4/26/16 01:39 PM, kryzon wrote:
It's free if you were invited.

So what if you weren't invited? Does it cost something or can you just no come. If that's true, why is the Facebook page public?

Response to NEW Emoticon Sets & PAX Wrap-up 2016-04-26 13:54:29

These Emoticon are cool Tom, are they here for good?
See you at Pico Day.

Check out my work at MysticSkillz

BBS Signature

Response to NEW Emoticon Sets & PAX Wrap-up 2016-04-26 13:55:37

Wonder if there would be specific holiday response moods (Clock Day, Halloween, Christmas etc.) That would be pretty neat to see.
Also, good job @Deathink. I like how you put Dad's skull in there; nice touch.

Response to NEW Emoticon Sets & PAX Wrap-up 2016-04-26 14:10:22

I hope im the first one to ever use this emote.
Also first post.

None

BBS Signature

Response to NEW Emoticon Sets & PAX Wrap-up 2016-04-26 14:10:42

Deathink did a fantastic job, as per usual. Thanks for another fun supporter perk.

However I hope Newgrounds won't appear as a freemium website to newcomers in a year or two. It's not like it's anywhere close to be at risk at the moment, but I wish you all the best to keep a balance there in the future.

Party pooper, eh?

BBS Signature

Response to NEW Emoticon Sets & PAX Wrap-up 2016-04-26 14:12:21

Awesome update, Can't wait to see what's next! Unfortunately I won't be able to make it to Picoday this year. I'm definitely planning to be there next year though!

BBS Signature

Response to NEW Emoticon Sets & PAX Wrap-up 2016-04-26 14:26:18

At 4/26/16 01:37 PM, VicariousE wrote: Hey @tomfulp, you vote in the primaries today, or are you un-affiliated with either party?

I'm registered democrat but have been lame and haven't voted today. I always vote in the main elections but I'm pretty bad about the rest.

BBS Signature

Response to NEW Emoticon Sets & PAX Wrap-up 2016-04-26 14:27:31

At 4/26/16 02:10 PM, Luis wrote: I hope im the first one to ever use this emote.
Also first post.

DOWN WITH THE RED SHADE RESISTANCE!!!!!!!!!

"A reward is it's own reward." - Killgar

Response to NEW Emoticon Sets & PAX Wrap-up 2016-04-26 14:28:05

At 4/26/16 01:54 PM, MysticSkillz wrote: These Emoticon are cool Tom, are they here for good?
See you at Pico Day.

Yup, they are here for good. Seeya at Pico Day!

BBS Signature

Response to NEW Emoticon Sets & PAX Wrap-up 2016-04-26 14:35:35

At 4/26/16 02:26 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 4/26/16 01:37 PM, VicariousE wrote: Hey @tomfulp, you vote in the primaries today, or are you un-affiliated with either party?
I'm registered democrat but have been lame and haven't voted today. I always vote in the main elections but I'm pretty bad about the rest.

Not much choice this year, you can either feel the burn, or hear the cough.
It's okay, some of my best friends are democrats lol

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to NEW Emoticon Sets & PAX Wrap-up 2016-04-26 14:38:49

At 4/26/16 02:26 PM, TomFulp wrote:
I'm registered democrat but have been lame and haven't voted today. I always vote in the main elections but I'm pretty bad
about the rest.

Cools beans, so you're part of this nefarious liberal agenda my favourite fear mongers keep going on about, i always knew they were on to something.

BBS Signature

Response to NEW Emoticon Sets & PAX Wrap-up 2016-04-26 14:45:09

In b4 luis emotes

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to NEW Emoticon Sets & PAX Wrap-up 2016-04-26 14:47:28

At 4/26/16 02:45 PM, ForNoReason wrote: In b4 luis emotes

I'd love to see him do pixel styled emoticons.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to NEW Emoticon Sets & PAX Wrap-up 2016-04-26 14:52:14

Its a really good feiling, to be a sponsor!

I will help NG as long as I can!

BBS Signature