00:00
00:00
Upgrade Your Account!

Hey! To start this decade right, we believe Newgrounds should be ad-free for EVERYONE. For this to work, we need people who have the means to become paying supporters. For just $3 per month or $25 for the year, you can help this happen and get some nice perks!

For the month of February we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 224 people to reach our goal of 3,100 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in March!

Please check out our Supporter Upgrade and consider coming aboard!

moawling's Art Thread

15,259 Views | 174 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2016-12-21 19:15:40

you are very good at what you do
keep it up

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2016-12-31 11:45:42

N'cha!!!

moawling's Art Thread

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2017-01-04 11:55:57

SpeedoSausage's MV-chan, nEatO!

My goals for this year are to
• Stick with a consistent palette for one-two months at a time.
• Make more fanart of others' OC's
• Work on making more works with backgrounds

Hopefully, I'll stick to it :')

moawling's Art Thread

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2017-01-21 08:17:57

some assets from my Pixel Day entry

The biggest piece I've ever done with pixels :') Also part of my initiative to stick with a consistent palette for a month or two.

moawling's Art Thread

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2017-01-23 09:24:20

Just wanted to say I love your artwork! Been following you for a while and you've released some really cool stuff. I love the neon-bright colors as well, your artwork always really pops. And who doesn't love dinosaurs?

I don't really have any specific criticisms... have you ever considered branching into animations or games?

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2017-01-25 14:02:48

At 1/23/17 09:24 AM, Redskin16 wrote: Just wanted to say I love your artwork! Been following you for a while and you've released some really cool stuff. I love the neon-bright colors as well, your artwork always really pops. And who doesn't love dinosaurs?

I don't really have any specific criticisms... have you ever considered branching into animations or games?

Oh my gosh! Thank you so much! I love really bright palettes! Colour can be a really powerful way to establish mood, I love making work that's playful and kinda goofy.
i've been commissioned to make some assets for games, but I haven't really made anything of my own yet. I've been working on a visual novel since August, but that hasn't moved forward in a while, hahauah woof. One goal of mine this year is to participate in a game jam, but I'm a little worried about my lack of experience :')

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2017-01-26 23:21:04

At 2/22/16 08:00 PM, moawling wrote: WIP
I'm working on a spread of different pixels that will showcase my different styles. The first two (from the left) are finished, the last one is still in progress.

They all feature the same 5 colour palette!

you are good! although i suck at pixel art XD hehe

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2017-01-30 12:44:06

"Pixel Galaxy" EP cover for Ujico*/Snail's House

7 colour palette!

Check out their music:
https://0101.bandcamp.com/

moawling's Art Thread

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2017-01-30 12:46:10

At 1/30/17 12:44 PM, moawling wrote: "Pixel Galaxy" EP cover for Ujico*/Snail's House

7 colour palette!

Check out their music:
https://0101.bandcamp.com/

Is that a Kirby balloon? I approve!

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2017-01-30 12:52:46

At 1/30/17 12:46 PM, Bit wrote: Is that a Kirby balloon? I approve!

Yeah! The song and music video references a lot of video games, specifically Kirby! So I tried to reference some of the game's aesthetics! The colours are pulled from Kirby's Adventure!

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2017-02-01 17:34:46

At 11/24/16 06:10 PM, moawling wrote: head bones are connected to the, hair bones

GOD DAMN BEAUTIFUL

[-----free like clouds-----]

My art thread <3

BBS Signature

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2017-02-01 21:14:59

pixels inspired by some Mitski lyrics :')

moawling's Art Thread

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2017-02-03 14:16:01

blub

moawling's Art Thread

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2017-02-09 00:11:04

At 2/3/17 02:43 PM, dilandoubishop wrote:
Those goldfish...you always make the most adorable goldfish...

thank you!!! i love goldfish so much honestly hahaha :') they're one of my favorite things to draw

Also, just wanted to share this for kicks. Emphasis on why manual anti-aliasing is so important! Also, to depict how much work goes into touching up lineart in pixels. I know my work is small, but this goes to show that every single pixel is important :')
5 colour palette!

moawling's Art Thread

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2017-02-09 15:24:31

How did you learn to balance color so well?

BBS Signature

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2017-02-11 17:47:15

So I found you on twitter a few weeks ago, and I really liked your work. I just registered here, and I'm very glad to have found a whole thread with your art on it.
Your art is great! Makes me inspired and also makes me realize how much a newbie I am at pixel art.
Thanks for sharing!

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2017-02-12 21:24:34

At 2/11/17 05:47 PM, maruki wrote: So I found you on twitter a few weeks ago, and I really liked your work. I just registered here, and I'm very glad to have found a whole thread with your art on it.
Your art is great! Makes me inspired and also makes me realize how much a newbie I am at pixel art.
Thanks for sharing!

I'm so glad that you like my work! Your work is great as well, you have such a distinct sense of colour, I look forward to seeing what else you make.
I hope you enjoy your time on here. Newgrounds has provided me with so many different opportunities. I've been able to connect with creators from all different backgrounds and I've grown a lot as an artist because of it! Please keep in touch. :')

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2017-02-13 01:17:03

At 2/9/17 03:24 PM, mikelzzzz wrote: How did you learn to balance color so well?

Sorry for getting to this so late! I was really excited about this question hahaha.

My understanding of colour got better through pixel art! Planning your palette carefully and working with colour limits pushes you to learn to balance things properly. My approach is to start with a main dark "base" colour, and work my way to different hues by changing the luminescence and saturation for each colour! The goal is to make sure that each colour ramp, or branch of the palette, has a common dark and light colour.
Each step of the colour ramp has to follow the same overall rules so that the final image looks cohesive. Meaning that if you change the hue/luminescence for one "step" of the ramp, you should do that for the next colour, or step, in the ramp.
There are tons of different approaches to composing a palette! I attached some links to my favorite colour references. I hope you enjoy them! These guides are for pixel art, but they definitely apply to other mediums as well!
https://betterin2d.com/2014/08/02/pixel-art-tutorial-creating-a-colour-palette/
http://opengameart.org/content/chapter-5-color-palettes
http://pixeljoint.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=10695
I hope I answered your question! Thanks for stopping by!!!

moawling's Art Thread

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2017-02-14 13:09:34

she'll eat ur fekken heart out

moawling's Art Thread

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2017-02-14 17:47:26

At 2/12/17 09:24 PM, moawling wrote:
At 2/11/17 05:47 PM, maruki wrote: So I found you on twitter a few weeks ago, and I really liked your work. I just registered here, and I'm very glad to have found a whole thread with your art on it.
Thanks for sharing!
I'm so glad that you like my work! Your work is great as well, you have such a distinct sense of colour, I look forward to seeing what else you make.
I hope you enjoy your time on here. Newgrounds has provided me with so many different opportunities. I've been able to connect with creators from all different backgrounds and I've grown a lot as an artist because of it! Please keep in touch. :')

Aaww, thanks! <333
I'm enjoying it already. There's so much art here I didn't know existed, so many artists to draw inspiration from...
And I'll keep in touch! It makes me very happy to meet new artists-friends! \o/

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2017-02-14 17:48:11

At 2/14/17 01:09 PM, moawling wrote: she'll eat ur fekken heart out

those eyes! @v@

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2017-02-15 12:49:32

i'm sorry 4 drawin' lewds i'll tag nsfw next time i promise

moawling's Art Thread

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2017-02-18 14:56:33

Hosting a pixel art workshop/process stream on my Twitch channel tonight at 9:00 PM EST! This is part of a series I'll be doing where I explain my pixel art process, provide pixel art resources/tutorials for others, and promote other artists!
Gonna be covering some basics:
• Form building: Lineart vs Silhouette
• Line Segments & Curves
• Anti-Aliasing (AA)
• Sel-Out

I'll be working with four colour palettes throughout the stream! All of the files from the stream will be available to download from the Google Drive folder here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6A6yFW69uvQUkZHeThlbDUwLXc
The stream is also being recorded, so no worries if you miss it!
Maybe I'll see you there! https://www.twitch.tv/moawling

moawling's Art Thread

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2017-02-18 16:03:11

At 2/18/17 02:56 PM, moawling wrote: Hosting a pixel art workshop/process stream on my Twitch channel tonight at 9:00 PM EST! This is part of a series I'll be doing where I explain my pixel art process, provide pixel art resources/tutorials for others, and promote other artists!

Sounds like fun. I'll make sure to be there!

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2017-02-18 17:53:24

Haven't uploaded too much on this site as I'm quite new, but I'm just looking to get some opinions on my art.

This piece was an hour long paint I did on Procreate. It's a monstrous member of an extra terrestrial Congolmerate of reptilian species, most commonly referred as 'Dragonmen'.

moawling's Art Thread

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2017-02-28 12:31:02

frilly frilly frilly

moawling's Art Thread

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2017-03-15 14:48:50

yeh

moawling's Art Thread

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2017-03-15 23:32:08 (edited 2017-03-15 23:33:07)

The bones done on the last page are mighty impressive. Good job on that.
Some great pixel art on this site, including yours, has got me interested in giving this medium a shot sometime.

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2017-03-28 17:05:32

At 3/15/17 11:32 PM, PilotSpikey wrote: The bones done on the last page are mighty impressive. Good job on that.
Some great pixel art on this site, including yours, has got me interested in giving this medium a shot sometime.

Sorry for responding to this so late, but yeaH it's really exciting! There are so many people on this site doing great things with pixels. I look forward to seeing your work!

also here's Spazkid's Smash Girl! part of my Pico Day entry wooOOO

moawling's Art Thread

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2017-04-06 21:07:47

hehe some goood boys :)

moawling's Art Thread