00:00
00:00
Upgrade Your Account!

Hey! To start this decade right, we believe Newgrounds should be ad-free for EVERYONE. For this to work, we need people who have the means to become paying supporters. For just $3 per month or $25 for the year, you can help this happen and get some nice perks!

For the month of February we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 217 people to reach our goal of 3,100 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in March!

Please check out our Supporter Upgrade and consider coming aboard!

moawling's Art Thread

15,274 Views | 174 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2016-08-29 12:30:46

At 8/29/16 05:22 AM, Spac3case916 wrote:
klsdjfl asdjfalk;sdf !!!!!!!!!
these are effin great!!!!! so effin charming and they do look like they are all in the same style and palette!! good stuff!!

This was really reassuring to hear. :'). I always feel like I have yet to create a consistent pixel art style, so it's really nice to know that there's progress being made there! Thank you so much!!!

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2016-09-02 22:25:45

Going through a bit of a stump, so did some fan art of some VGC players :'). Each with two sprites in Gen 5 style and one in my style.

Style swaps are always a good exercise! Pokemon sprites were how I first got into pixel art, so it was nice to go back and explore that with more skill under my belt.

moawling's Art Thread

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2016-09-03 18:21:39

At 9/2/16 10:25 PM, moawling wrote: Going through a bit of a stump, so did some fan art of some VGC players :'). Each with two sprites in Gen 5 style and one in my style.

Style swaps are always a good exercise! Pokemon sprites were how I first got into pixel art, so it was nice to go back and explore that with more skill under my belt.

Really good pixels. Love how many features and expressions can fit in such a small area :)

I saw the sprites you posted earlier. It's very nice gesture to give back to the community. And I hope you and @Template88 will have a chance to finish the Super Newgrounds Hyper Fighter II. It looks so awesome.

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2016-09-06 17:46:31

Trade with @phantomarcade3000 to promote his new cartoon!
Check it out here! http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/680753

moawling's Art Thread

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2016-09-09 19:41:16

Getting better with limited palettes! :')

moawling's Art Thread

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2016-09-10 14:06:46

my oc, with and without chima :')

moawling's Art Thread

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2016-09-10 14:08:42

made a tiny Wicke!

moawling's Art Thread

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2016-09-12 13:15:50

Been trading pokemon-style portraits for some pokemon that I've wanted :') Here's a compilation of all of the stuff that I've done so far!

moawling's Art Thread

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2016-09-21 23:25:37

haven't updated in a while, woOps :')

moawling's Art Thread

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2016-09-24 19:30:07

Some of my favorite trainers :')

moawling's Art Thread

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2016-09-29 15:48:17 (edited 2016-09-29 15:52:13)

In celebration of upcoming spooky festivities, I've been drawing some Junji Ito fan art! Mostly from Uzumaki

moawling's Art Thread

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2016-10-15 16:45:25

been kinda behind on things lately, sorry for the lack of updates huah huah.
a commission that I just finished :') I like how the palette turned out!

moawling's Art Thread

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2016-10-15 18:05:27

Little halloween-themed pikachu icons for anyone that wants to use them! (just be sure to credit me)
hooray!

moawling's Art Thread

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2016-10-19 14:52:55

small version featuring @fushark 's characters!!! Thanks so much for all of your support, art buddo :')

moawling's Art Thread

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2016-10-22 00:23:42

Pixel Pocket Mimikyu! A recolour/modification of the Pocket Pikachu pixel that I did a while back :')

moawling's Art Thread

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2016-10-23 00:13:27

At 7/24/16 04:10 PM, moawling wrote: trying something a little different :') (guess who has no consistent style, this guyyyyyy)

Bloody impressive stuff. Especially like this one, but then I might just be a tad biased.

It almost feels selfish to ask for a general outline of your process for your animated pieces, but I'm going to ask it anyway.

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2016-10-23 10:14:04

These look amazing, do you also accept requests?

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2016-10-23 11:49:35

At 10/23/16 12:13 AM, Lintire wrote: Bloody impressive stuff. Especially like this one, but then I might just be a tad biased.

It almost feels selfish to ask for a general outline of your process for your animated pieces, but I'm going to ask it anyway.

Thank you so much!! I liked how it turned out as well. I've been meaning to sit down and make a larger piece like that again, but my schedule's been weird lately, haha.

It's not selfish, haha. I love being able to hear about other people's processes as well!

As far as animation goes, I'm not really an animator, so my process is probably messier than most, haha. I start with the keyframes, or a general outline of poses that I know my sprite will go through. It's good to have a general sense of motion! From there, I actually finish rendering a primary sprite (with all the bits and colours and shading)! I then take my sprite apart, (make a make shift-rig) and kind of move things around according to the keyframes I drew out before. From there on, there's re-drawing and clean up, but that's pretty much it!

I hope this answered your question!!

moawling's Art Thread

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2016-10-23 11:59:30 (edited 2016-10-23 12:00:10)

At 10/23/16 10:14 AM, Moblin wrote: These look amazing, do you also accept requests?

Thank you so much! I do have my commission info available for those who are interested. This is the best way to insure that the pixels I make is to your liking!

As far as free requests go, from time-to-time I do host a pixel-icon request chat on Newgrounds! The size is limited to 60x60 pixels, unfortunately, nothing too extravagant or anything like that :') I haven't hosted a chat in a while, because I've been busy with other projects. But I'll be sure to announce it on my news post and twitter page when I do! Keep an eye out if you're interested!

There is a chance that I'll host a giveaway for followers/fans/patrons in the future! I'm not super sure when that'll be though, haha.

I hope I did a good job answering your question. :') If you have anything else to ask, feel free to let me know!

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2016-10-23 13:43:59

At 10/23/16 11:59 AM, moawling wrote:
At 10/23/16 10:14 AM, Moblin wrote: These look amazing, do you also accept requests?
Thank you so much! I do have my commission info available for those who are interested. This is the best way to insure that the pixels I make is to your liking!

As far as free requests go, from time-to-time I do host a pixel-icon request chat on Newgrounds! The size is limited to 60x60 pixels, unfortunately, nothing too extravagant or anything like that :') I haven't hosted a chat in a while, because I've been busy with other projects. But I'll be sure to announce it on my news post and twitter page when I do! Keep an eye out if you're interested!

There is a chance that I'll host a giveaway for followers/fans/patrons in the future! I'm not super sure when that'll be though, haha.

I hope I did a good job answering your question. :') If you have anything else to ask, feel free to let me know!

Great, thanks for the answer, but I'm as poor as a moblin (I'll make that a real expression). I guess I'll request something as soon as I have money or I'll just wait for that giveaway.

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2016-10-23 13:53:00

At 10/23/16 01:43 PM, Moblin wrote:
Great, thanks for the answer, but I'm as poor as a moblin (I'll make that a real expression). I guess I'll request something as soon as I have money or I'll just wait for that giveaway.

That's totally understandable, I'm really glad that you like my work though. Any kind of support is really appreciated. I look forward to any future requests that you may have. Glad I was able to answer your question.

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2016-10-28 22:01:26

Burgh and Lurantis!! Lurantis isn't a bug type, but they still have so much in common :')

moawling's Art Thread

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2016-10-29 12:51:35

I'm a sucker.

moawling's Art Thread

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2016-11-16 23:31:03

it's a bit early, but HAPPY LIFE DAY! featuring Lumpy!

moawling's Art Thread

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2016-11-22 19:18:01

i honestly want this to be canon so bad :')

moawling's Art Thread

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2016-11-24 18:10:50

head bones are connected to the, hair bones

moawling's Art Thread

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2016-11-29 19:02:15

time warp

moawling's Art Thread

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2016-11-29 19:38:32

At 11/29/16 07:02 PM, moawling wrote: time warp
At 11/24/16 06:10 PM, moawling wrote: head bones are connected to the, hair bones
At 11/16/16 11:31 PM, moawling wrote: it's a bit early, but HAPPY LIFE DAY! featuring Lumpy!

Seems like you've made a lot of headway. You've certainly got a head start towards quality. Either way you're heading in the right direction. Skull.

I honestly have nothing of worth to comment, but that's never stopped me before so: good work! Nice mosaics you have here. The Greeks would be proud.

Wait, hang on, hang on, I got something. Hear me out: why not try experimenting with abstract, low-value patterns placed behind the icons to give them some backing? From the Australian Aboriginal Tribal Art (example 1, example 2) - which look a bit like seeing a low DPI banner up close, to more high-def South American art - example. Just an idea, isolate the patterns, turn your $25 commissions into $30. That's a cool coffee's difference.

Either way, great work and all.

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2016-12-02 12:07:17 (edited 2016-12-02 12:07:37)

At 11/29/16 07:38 PM, Lintire wrote:
Seems like you've made a lot of headway. You've certainly got a head start towards quality. Either way you're heading in the right direction. Skull.

I honestly have nothing of worth to comment, but that's never stopped me before so: good work! Nice mosaics you have here. The Greeks would be proud.

Wait, hang on, hang on, I got something. Hear me out: why not try experimenting with abstract, low-value patterns placed behind the icons to give them some backing? From the Australian Aboriginal Tribal Art (example 1, example 2) - which look a bit like seeing a low DPI banner up close, to more high-def South American art - example. Just an idea, isolate the patterns, turn your $25 commissions into $30. That's a cool coffee's difference.

Either way, great work and all.

Hey, thanks so much for taking the time to critique! I definitely would love to do more with my backgrounds. I usually tend to shy away from them with limited palette exercises or smaller works, because they don't read as well, but it's definitely something I should get into the habit too. Patterns are also a great way to practice tiling, thanks for the suggestion!

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2016-12-10 13:33:05

where are the balls find them

moawling's Art Thread