00:00
00:00
Upgrade Your Account!

Hey! To start this decade right, we believe Newgrounds should be ad-free for EVERYONE. For this to work, we need people who have the means to become paying supporters. For just $3 per month or $25 for the year, you can help this happen and get some nice perks!

For the month of February we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 210 people to reach our goal of 3,100 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in March!

Please check out our Supporter Upgrade and consider coming aboard!

moawling's Art Thread

15,280 Views | 174 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2016-05-12 23:12:19

At 5/12/16 11:05 PM, dilandoubishop wrote:
At 5/12/16 10:50 PM, moawling wrote: going to try to include my palettes in my posts from now on.
Hey moawling, how's it going? Good stuff I see....what the...moawling....are you aware that your sanic's...buttcheeks are pointing in my direction? Good thing you have this pleasant goldfish. The goldfish is kinda cute.

the cheeks will follow you around the room :') . I tried to honour Sonic as best as I could.

Thanks! I think goldfish are neat! I gotta practice drawing them simpler, but I do like how this turned out! I might rework the colour palette later.

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2016-05-12 23:46:53

At 5/12/16 11:24 PM, dilandoubishop wrote:
When you can, you should try depicting one of those exotic black, half moon goldfish. They are beautiful and have very large tails. And congrats on the number of fans you have. Slowly but surely, you will become a celebrity.

I love moor goldfish! They're so elegant! I'll definitely keep that in mind for later.
I was surprised at how many fans that I've gotten over the past couple of days haha. Admittedly, I'm a little nervous because I've been drawing mostly fan art recently. The majority of them were for art trades and requests, but I still feel a little guilty about it, haha. I'm going to try to post some more original stuff.
As always, thanks for your support! I really appreciate it!

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2016-07-12 15:05:47 (edited 2016-07-12 15:06:35)

kinda sorta back :') at least just to pop in and drop off art from time-to-time huah huah

this was heavily inspired by the music video for Tobacco's "Streaker", one of my favorite music videos. Creepy masks and nudity is such!! a gimmick! but the music video is so masterfully edited in consideration of the sound, that you know it's not just coasting on the aesthetic. I honestly can't complain huah huah. Admittedly, I'm also a sucker for the raw, dirty sound of Tobacco. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

check out the full version here http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/moawling/streaker

moawling's Art Thread

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2016-07-12 15:36:35

been doing a loT of four colour exercises lately, anD it's summer time so huah huah
i'll post a compilation of these to my gallery wheN i have a good amount :')

moawling's Art Thread

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2016-07-12 15:37:25

four colours :')

moawling's Art Thread

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2016-07-12 15:40:37

one of my friend's ocs! it was my first pixel art in a while and it just was nice to get back into it :')

moawling's Art Thread

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2016-07-13 15:10:38

working on some moths for my twitter banner! They're not very accurate, apologies to any lepidopterists out there :') mighT make some more later

moawling's Art Thread

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2016-07-14 13:54:34

i'm a sucker for 80s neon retrofuture :')

moawling's Art Thread

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2016-07-20 13:28:45

The backgrounds were really weird to work on. The places in Yu-Gi-Oh didn't resonate as strongly with me as ones in Dragon Ball, but I don't know if that's more on me or on the series? either way, I'm painfully ashamed.

moawling's Art Thread

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2016-07-22 12:00:07

idk if anyone's interested but here's a process gif, uh, kinda, :')
I'm kind of bad at documenting my own processes, not to mention that I tend to work at sections at a time, rather than all over a piece so huah huah, maybe a bad habit who knows,,, :')
Beowulf from Skullgirls, part of an art trade with CraveCraw on twitter. :')

moawling's Art Thread

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2016-07-22 12:04:14

oh right also here's the small version

moawling's Art Thread

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2016-07-23 00:07:23

At 7/22/16 11:33 PM, dilandoubishop wrote:
Thats neat. I would like to learn how to do pixel art. Good stuff. Hope to hear from you again.

Thank you so much! As always, I really appreciate your support! Hm, I have a list of references and tutorials for pixel art, I've been debating whether or not to post a compilation of them as a news post, huah huah. If you're interested, I can definitely send you some links!

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2016-07-24 16:10:41

trying something a little different :') (guess who has no consistent style, this guyyyyyy)

moawling's Art Thread

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2016-07-25 16:12:23

At 7/14/16 01:54 PM, moawling wrote: i'm a sucker for 80s neon retrofuture :')

+1 :) Retrofuture is awesome. A lot better imagination of future than how future is presented today. And I like your pixel art. So many in so little, with some great colors.

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2016-07-25 17:58:22

At 7/25/16 04:12 PM, HugoTendaz wrote:
At 7/14/16 01:54 PM, moawling wrote: i'm a sucker for 80s neon retrofuture :')
+1 :) Retrofuture is awesome. A lot better imagination of future than how future is presented today. And I like your pixel art. So many in so little, with some great colors.

Retrofuture was also a lot more hopeful? There was infinite potential to be realized in forms of technology. The 21st century was less of a reality, and more of a destination. I'm still a sucker for contemporary future-oriented narratives, but the feel is definitely different.
Your style is really distinctive. It's very aware of the visuals that it's pulling from (pin-up culture, 80s cartoons, etc.) but definitely stands on its own. Thank you so much for your support!

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2016-07-26 14:00:44

my first submission with more than one figure interacting with each other :') kinda. 5 colour palette!

moawling's Art Thread

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2016-07-27 05:05:44

Decided to give your thread a follow because you have that pixel art style that seems so warm. Keep it up, gurl. I remember RealFaction told me about you and I was not disappointed~

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2016-08-02 15:52:20

Definitely more hopeful, maybe it's because the retrofuture is easygoing. There is more humor in it and it doesn't need to be dark to feel real. Like some other sci fi creations in these days.

I would add that some real stuff from the past are more futuristic that some nowadays designs intended for future :) Just look at the cars, regular cars, from say 50s or 60s. But I'm glad that we're gradually reverting to that.

And the Streaker characters looks awesome, raw and organic. Although the actual video is a little too heavy for my taste :)

Thank you for the compliments, BTW :)

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2016-08-07 13:46:16

I've been working on a visual novel the past couple of weeks huah huah. There's still some work to be done, but I'm excited to share it with you!

moawling's Art Thread

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2016-08-07 15:34:09

At 8/7/16 01:46 PM, moawling wrote: I've been working on a visual novel the past couple of weeks huah huah. There's still some work to be done, but I'm excited to share it with you!

Nice! I don't play VN's but I'll check your's out!

RIP NINJAMUFFIN COLLAB NEVER FORGET

BBS Signature

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2016-08-09 23:57:59

At 8/7/16 03:34 PM, ninjamuffin99 wrote:
At 8/7/16 01:46 PM, moawling wrote: I've been working on a visual novel the past couple of weeks huah huah. There's still some work to be done, but I'm excited to share it with you!
Nice! I don't play VN's but I'll check your's out!

Thank you! :') Even if it's not your style, I hope there's at least enough there to engage you in it somewhat.
--------------------
Gonna start doing Pixel Dailies (on twitter) challenges, at least do one thing a week! I'll upload a larger compilation to my gallery later huah huah

moawling's Art Thread

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2016-08-15 14:30:13

was gonna do moar clocks but ran outta time, oH weLL, :')

moawling's Art Thread

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2016-08-17 12:41:24

i'm a filthy member of consumerism now,,, thank you for your support
stickers of these are available on my Redbubble :')
http://www.redbubble.com/people/moawling/shop?asc=u

moawling's Art Thread

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2016-08-21 12:13:45

Trying some stuff with hair. bingo bongo

moawling's Art Thread

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2016-08-26 23:23:19

Started working on a collection of RPG items! part of an initiative to provide free resources for others to use on their projects.

This turned out too big. Need to work on getting nice, consistent angles to make all the assets visually cohesive. I like how they turned out otherwise! huah huah.

moawling's Art Thread

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2016-08-26 23:24:06

juSt drawinG up a lot of pokemon bc nostalgia reasons :')

moawling's Art Thread

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2016-08-27 07:54:58

At 8/26/16 11:23 PM, moawling wrote: Started working on a collection of RPG items! part of an initiative to provide free resources for others to use on their projects.

This turned out too big. Need to work on getting nice, consistent angles to make all the assets visually cohesive. I like how they turned out otherwise! huah huah.

Have you considered joining @Tony-Ingall's Spacescale project? It could use stuff like this.

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2016-08-28 12:05:22

At 8/27/16 07:54 AM, Troisnyx wrote: Have you considered joining @Tony-Ingall's Spacescale project? It could use stuff like this.

Thanks so much for your input! I'll definitely check it out. I'd love to be able to contribute to the community. :')

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2016-08-28 18:37:19

pink pokes are so charming!
Tried to stick to a specific palette so it'd look cohesive :')

moawling's Art Thread

Response to moawling's Art Thread 2016-08-29 05:22:31

At 8/28/16 06:37 PM, moawling wrote: pink pokes are so charming!
Tried to stick to a specific palette so it'd look cohesive :')

klsdjfl asdjfalk;sdf !!!!!!!!!
these are effin great!!!!! so effin charming and they do look like they are all in the same style and palette!! good stuff!!

[-----free like clouds-----]

My art thread <3

BBS Signature