00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Breakfast-Crow just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Happy New Year!

16,304 Views | 109 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Happy New Year! 2016-01-01 10:51:45

Happy New Year!

Update on my previous post: We are now up to 128 recurring subscribers to the Supporter Upgrade!

This is a combination of monthly and annual subscribers. The total doesn't include people who have bought one-time annual supporter status; I want to have all the numbers broken down individually on the supporter page so we can all watch the running totals.

One of my New Year's resolutions is to be way less shy and way more aggressive with promoting the Supporter Upgrade, because it is our best hope for the future success of Newgrounds.

Our first BIG goal is 1,000 recurring subscribers, which will roughly cover hosting. After that, we'll be gunning for 10,000. At our current rate it is very likely we could hit 1,000 subs in 2016, however I would like to do it sooner rather than later because we have more expenses than hosting and much bigger dreams for what Newgrounds can be.

Please consider paying $2.99 per month to support Newgrounds!

I would also like to take a moment to thank everyone who participated on Newgrounds in 2015. Every bit helps, whether you shared your work, wrote a review or posted in the forums.

A lot of popular artists still lurk NG and I would encourage them to post more in 2016 and let people know they've been lurking! Don't be strangers. People get SUPER excited when old faces pop up with blog posts, I know this because -I- get super excited. It really makes my day to know NG hasn't been forgotten by people who once called it home. Not to mention there are so many amazingly talented newcomers who would love your support! You don't even have to be uploading stuff; you can totally touch someone's life by just reviewing their work or replying to their blog. We need a lot more of that cross-generational interaction around here and a new year is a good time to start.

Besides going mobile, what would you like to see from Newgrounds in 2016? What are your personal resolutions?

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Happy New Year! 2016-01-01 11:02:55

Happy New Year's, everyone! Some of my more general goals are to upload more content than last year, and make it of a higher quality.

Response to Happy New Year! 2016-01-01 11:09:43

Happy New Year Tom! I'm still thinking about getting supporter, so yeah! As for my resolution, I think I'm going to try and get a little more exercise! :)

BBS Signature

Response to Happy New Year! 2016-01-01 11:13:46

At 1/1/16 11:09 AM, megacharlie159 wrote: Happy New Year Tom! I'm still thinking about getting supporter, so yeah! As for my resolution, I think I'm going to try and get a little more exercise! :)

My second resolution is EARLIER exercise so I get more daytime hours at work before putting the kids to bed. Started a 5am bootcamp at the gym :P

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Happy New Year! 2016-01-01 11:17:06

Happy New Year's, everyone! May 2016 be much better than 2015.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Happy New Year! 2016-01-01 11:38:36

At 1/1/16 10:51 AM, TomFulp wrote: Besides going mobile, what would you like to see from Newgrounds in 2016?

A new chat would be nice.

BBS Signature

Response to Happy New Year! 2016-01-01 12:22:15

Happy new year, everyone!

At 1/1/16 10:51 AM, TomFulp wrote: What are your personal resolutions?

To stop making resolutions.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Happy New Year! 2016-01-01 12:41:20

Happy new year ! :) Excited to see the mobile version.

My artistic resolution is to do more of what I like. And do more traditional work, doing base shading of my lines with markers.
I'm always excited when I see some high quality traditionally illustrated stuff popping up on the artportal, this inspires me to do more in that direction.

BBS Signature

Response to Happy New Year! 2016-01-01 12:48:26

Happy New Years everyone! I quit my day job, and I'm going back to school to become an EMT! Hope everyone has a wonderful year, and I can't wait to see what NG has to share with us this time around.

The kind of old they just don't make anymore!

[Had your submission unpublished? Click here!]

BBS Signature

Response to Happy New Year! 2016-01-01 12:59:39

happy new years, tom!

Response to Happy New Year! 2016-01-01 13:08:40

What are your personal resolutions?

Resolutions are overrated. I achieve goals better by little because they're more real than big ones like "I will never eat junk food and stop playing Video Games" <BS. XD

I ran out of funny ideas in this signature so I copy this to be funny.

Response to Happy New Year! 2016-01-01 13:13:58

At 1/1/16 10:51 AM, TomFulp wrote: Besides going mobile, what would you like to see from Newgrounds in 2016?

Nothing much, really. A decent game and animation every couple of weeks is all i ever really ask for and more often than not i get much more than that.

What are your personal resolutions?

Fuck. Everything.

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to Happy New Year! 2016-01-01 13:26:48

At 1/1/16 10:51 AM, TomFulp wrote: Happy New Year!

Besides going mobile, what would you like to see from Newgrounds in 2016? What are your personal resolutions?

Happy new year Tom! Hope everything is going well for you!
Mobile support sounds amazing :D I use NG through chrome on my phone almost everyday, it helps with productivity and responding to PMs. A app would totaly increase efficiency :)

As for resolutions, really my only one is to keep making games and be happy. Not really much else.
Getting an award would be tight tough.
:D

Response to Happy New Year! 2016-01-01 13:32:45

What I'd like to see from NG this year hmm... seems like a good spot for my quick feature wishlist:

- Stats for amount of reviews on your own submissions visible under your public stats (and ability to make them either public/private).
- That bug on favorite movies/games where you can only delete one favorite at a time before having to refresh the page finally fixed.
- Small unobtrusive suggestion to favorite a submission if you vote 5 on it.
- Author responses visible under reviews on obituaries.
- That 3 downloads/minute cap on audio lifted (maybe for logged in users only, if there's some form of abuse there? Or a Supporter feature?).
- No bright orange/white background color for images on your own posts, since it makes transparent images pretty quirky.
- Ability to export PMs, submission info, etc.
- Ability to make favorites private.
- Ability to edit votes.
- View counters.
- Old secrets back!

Also would be neat with obituary URLs rewritten so they're easy to type in/link to for specific dates. Example of how it is now: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/obituaries?orderby=date&month=01&day=1&year=2016&month=1&day=1&year=2005

Hoping some of that syncs with your own wills and wishes for changes and additions! As for personal resolutions hmm... to get up without great effort before 10 each morning should probably be one. :) My new motto for the year though, is to not share my resolutions until I achieve them. Hopefully that'll work better.

Happy 2016! May the New Year be awesome.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Happy New Year! 2016-01-01 13:45:28

My personal resolution is to draw every day. once i get to a standard i am more confident with then i will begin posting more content than just the annual pumpkin for halloween.

Btw i received my goodie bag of sweets and stickers a couple of days ago, damn those Twizzlers are good. I had to ration out the packet so i wouldn't eat them all in one go.
Cheers Tom!

Happy new year everyone!

Response to Happy New Year! 2016-01-01 14:13:04

Yo people happy new year and may the force be with you :D

Response to Happy New Year! 2016-01-01 14:19:59

At 1/1/16 10:51 AM, TomFulp wrote: I would also like to take a moment to thank everyone who participated on Newgrounds in 2015. Every @bit helps, whether you shared your work, wrote a review or posted in the forums.

Thanks for the mention, Tom. I've tried my best.

I agree with @Amaranthus. We really need a Literature Portal. Because then I would actually be able to contribute things.

But who would be the mascot for the Lit Portal? Pico, Darnell, and Nene are all taken. Don't worry, Tom. I volunteer to be the Lit Portal's mascot. It will look great with my icon plastered all over it.

Response to Happy New Year! 2016-01-01 14:20:06

At 1/1/16 10:51 AM, TomFulp wrote: Happy New Year!

Happy New Year, Tom! :)

Thank you for keeping this amazing site strong and ongoing! I would definitely call Newgrounds my home, just as I'm sure tons of other people on here do as well. I can't wait to see what'll happen on here in 2016 :D

Well, it's a pretty silly thing maybe... But what I'd like to see if the return of a feature where you can see who favorited your uploads. I get happy every time I see that someone has favorited my tracks, but there's no way I would know if I didn't just happen to come across it by chance. I also think that returning this feature, would be great for the social aspect of Newgrounds! As you said yourself, just getting a comment on a post by someone can make your day. I think that if favorites showed up in the "interactions" feed, it could have a similar effect, and get people to notice each other and start to interact too :3

That said, I don't know how difficult it would be to implement at this point, though :p

(I just pretty much stole Step's idea, as I'm pretty sure he has mentioned this a few times).

As for personal resolutions, I think I'm just going to keep doing my best, and to have a good time doing it :)

Happy New Year, everyone!

Response to Happy New Year! 2016-01-01 14:40:45

Smoke less, eat less, and think less.
I'm always overthinking things.
That and get into University.
I'm looking to major in Communication Arts.
I want to be just like Peter Parker.

oh and badger you more as you why i need that gameband

Response to Happy New Year! 2016-01-01 14:44:18

Happy New Year everyone!! As always my resolution is to make some hopefully good web games this year. Well, I keep my fingers crossed that the ideas will flow! :)

Response to Happy New Year! 2016-01-01 15:09:02

At 1/1/16 10:51 AM, TomFulp wrote: One of my New Year's resolutions is to be way less shy and way more aggressive with promoting the Supporter Upgrade, because it is our best hope for the future success of Newgrounds.

You are off to a good start then.

I hope to see newgrounds take the steps necessary to become great again. To become an entity, have it's own network, to atract new talents and retract the ones it once gave birth to. To be able to support them financially, so they won't have to wander different ways. To.. wait.. you meant like this year. Well i like your resolutions, so let's go with those.

As for myself. I hope that 2016 allows me to have more free time and the strength to actually make good use of that time.

Response to Happy New Year! 2016-01-01 16:44:40

Happy New Year, to everyone on Newgrounds!
I hope 2016 is a good year for all of you guys!

Response to Happy New Year! 2016-01-01 16:45:02

I would like to see a return to the days where people left worthwhile, constructive reviews.

I think there needs to be 2 options. "Comment" and "Review". Keep them separate. Then the 2 word youtube-esque comments woukd have their own place, and could quit clogging up the review space.

GAH!

BBS Signature

Response to Happy New Year! 2016-01-01 16:45:53

At 1/1/16 11:16 AM, Amaranthus wrote:
Chat? Literature portal?

I want both of those.

Response to Happy New Year! 2016-01-01 17:27:58

Lit portal would be top on my list of things I'd like to see on NG, but I understand that'll take a while. If possible, I'd also like to see the return of the page where we can see our audio stats (how many faves, and who they were, etc.,) I can't think of anything else off the top of my head, but suggestions may come later on; we'll wait and see.

Also, @TomFulp, I was meaning to ask: a few of us were wondering if we could preview what we had planned for Pixel Day, or if we had to keep it a secret until the 23rd. What do you think?

Response to Happy New Year! 2016-01-01 17:46:35

Happy New Year to everyone!
As for suggestions....probably editing votes....as a lot of people accidentally click 5 when they mean to click zero or something similar.

Response to Happy New Year! 2016-01-01 17:59:29

At 1/1/16 04:45 PM, Noodle wrote:
I would like to see a return to the days where people left worthwhile, constructive reviews.

I think there needs to be 2 options. "Comment" and "Review". Keep them separate. Then the 2 word youtube-esque comments woukd have their own place, and could quit clogging up the review space.

I'm glad to see that it's not only the audio portal reviews which are generally shit, and that people who use the flash portal agree.

Response to Happy New Year! 2016-01-01 18:03:34

Happy new year to all! I am actually planning on becoming a supporter within the next couple of days, I have come back to NG recently after a hiatus and I'm pleased to be in a position where I can support the site.

What I would like to see from NG in 2016 is voting in the art portal contributing towards your EXP. Another thing is a queue like system for watching/rating under judgement submissions, kind of like how Steam Greenlight works. Watch/play and rate one under judgement entry then click a button to go to the next, saves having to exit out to find the next one. Just a thought

Heavy Vibes

BBS Signature

Response to Happy New Year! 2016-01-01 18:29:10

Happy New Year NG!!!
w000000000000000000t!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"A reward is it's own reward." - Killgar

Response to Happy New Year! 2016-01-01 18:33:56

Happy new year!

I want to hit 1,000 fans this year, and I want to partake in at least one of the major community collab's I always miss out.

Cheers to another year of NG.

I live stream my animations on twitch, you could probobly learn something. http://twitch.tv/retrosleep