00:00
00:00

Sheol. Up for working on this?

963 Views | 10 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Sheol. Up for working on this? 2015-12-27 10:16:59

Alright. Putting this image here, it's a really badly drawn storyboard. But here's how it goes.

This is meant to be a fighting game a la Street Fighter, the setting is in, say, 1st century B.C. To explain the frames:

1. Person (who is Jewish) wakes up in this unknown place asking where he is.
2. He collects himself together.
3. An unknown messenger comes to greet him, taking him by complete shock.
4. This messenger tells our protagonist that he is dead, and that he has wound up in Sheol, the land of the dead.
5. In order to get out of here, he has to fight the embodiments of evil (whatever they may represent e.g. wrath, envy, etc., etc.).
6. Protagonist contemplates this, and accepts the challenge with the hope of saving his soul.

So. Fairly simple concept I guess. I can contribute to music and background art and story writing, along with two other friends whose help I might enlist for these purposes -- they'll give me strong background knowledge. However, I will need an artist who can animate sprites or images, and a programmer. So, anyone up for this?

Also, more art.

This link is meant to be a concept for a background. I don't think I know what Sheol (the land of the dead in Jewish theology of the time) would have looked like, but this was my guess.

Another picture which I'll be uploading below:

Now, this is not the final design, but this is meant to be the personification of envy. She's blind, blindfolded, and discriminates against anyone who has sight. I'd probably change her design to represent the aesthetic of the game a bit more, but here. And when she is envious, her envy shows even to the point of changing the area around her to represent its dangers.

Response to Sheol. Up for working on this? 2015-12-28 05:57:49

Hi Dude,

I can animate however is this a paid job if not do you have any intention of making a patrion or kickstarter account to support your team? If so thrn I would be interested in assisting your project and bring to life.

Kind regards,

Wondermeow

BBS Signature

Response to Sheol. Up for working on this? 2015-12-28 06:04:17

At 12/28/15 05:57 AM, Wondermeow wrote: Hi Dude,

I can animate however is this a paid job if not do you have any intention of making a patrion or kickstarter account to support your team? If so thrn I would be interested in assisting your project and bring to life.

Kind regards,

Wondermeow

I imagine in due course, it'd be. If not, it'd be a case of us splitting ad revenue together. We'd have to discuss how this goes, of course.

Those fairly adept with my situation know that I personally cannot accept paid work at this time; however, that should be subject to change very soon. Reason being, I'm an asylum seeker, and I'm awaiting my appeal. Success in my appeal should mean that I can work etc. Kickstarter would work as soon as I flesh out further details of the game, which I might put here too. As for Patreon, I can't start one up until my case is settled.

Glad to see you are interested, thank you!

Response to Sheol. Up for working on this? 2015-12-28 06:21:01

No probs let me know how things go and we can move from there

BBS Signature

Regardless whether this is a paid gig or for a split in ad rev, I'd gladly contribute some assistance in the art department if you'd like. I have also programmed games before, but I would need more specifics on what type of engine you want the game to run on to see if I'm qualified to do the job.

- Manuel

Artist/Musician/Game Developer

BE SURE TO FOLLOW ME AT http://manueltacoface.newgrounds.com/follow

Response to Sheol. Up for working on this? 2016-01-01 14:33:52

At 1/1/16 02:32 PM, ManuelTacoface wrote: Regardless whether this is a paid gig or for a split in ad rev, I'd gladly contribute some assistance in the art department if you'd like. I have also programmed games before, but I would need more specifics on what type of engine you want the game to run on to see if I'm qualified to do the job.

- Manuel

What engines are you able to handle? I know Unity isn't the most readily available to most, and the ideal is to have as many people as possible play it. As long as assets are easy to add in and as long as modification doesn't take forever and a day, I'm game.

At 1/1/16 02:33 PM, Troisnyx wrote: What engines are you able to handle? I know Unity isn't the most readily available to most, and the ideal is to have as many people as possible play it. As long as assets are easy to add in and as long as modification doesn't take forever and a day, I'm game.

I'd prefer to do art since that's my strongest suit, but in programming, I'd prefer to work with Actionscript which would be beneficial to you, in my opinion, as it is most probably one of the most accessible at the moment for most, will that do?

Response to Sheol. Up for working on this? 2016-01-01 15:28:30

At 1/1/16 02:38 PM, ManuelTacoface wrote: I'd prefer to do art since that's my strongest suit, but in programming, I'd prefer to work with Actionscript which would be beneficial to you, in my opinion, as it is most probably one of the most accessible at the moment for most, will that do?

Should do, yeah. ^_^

Response to Sheol. Up for working on this? 2016-01-01 15:30:47

At 1/1/16 03:28 PM, Troisnyx wrote:
At 1/1/16 02:38 PM, ManuelTacoface wrote: I'd prefer to do art since that's my strongest suit, but in programming, I'd prefer to work with Actionscript which would be beneficial to you, in my opinion, as it is most probably one of the most accessible at the moment for most, will that do?
Should do, yeah. ^_^

Alright cool dude, just PM me with details so we can get started, can't wait!

- Manuel.

Response to Sheol. Up for working on this? 2016-01-01 15:33:36

At 1/1/16 03:30 PM, ManuelTacoface wrote:
At 1/1/16 03:28 PM, Troisnyx wrote:
Should do, yeah. ^_^
Alright cool dude, just PM me with details so we can get started, can't wait!

- Manuel.

Alternatively, I am Skypeable. Feel free to add me. The files are easily transferable this way -- though a lot of them right now are write-ups of what I imagine the plot to be, without much fleshing, and so far, everything here has come as and when.