Be a Supporter!

My Eye Movement Theory

  • 1,596 Views
  • 26 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
AbsurdRandomness
AbsurdRandomness
  • Member since: Feb. 22, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Writer
My Eye Movement Theory 2015-12-08 08:27:14 Reply

Hi Newgrounds. Lately, I've been working on a model about what your thoughts do when you move your eyes to a certain position.

I believe that true self awareness happens when you notice your body, and that the most important aspects of awareness are breath, eyes, and ears.

In this post I'll write first about my groundwork for my theory. I gathered my information about eye movement and what they mean from Google Scholars and put it all into one document, and worked my way from there.

-------------------------------------

EYE MOVEMENT, THE SCHOLARLY CONSENSUS:
Left is past
Right is future
Up is ideas
Down is body
Center is stillness

Up right is future ideas. Future ideas are concepts that take place forward in time. Up right is a creative process. It builds new things. It derives from down left.

Up center is ideas stillness. Analyzes an idea from an understood model. Doesn't create new ideas. Derives from body stillness.

Up left is ideas past. Looking back at learned things. Ideas pulled from memory. Derives from down right inner dialogue.

Down left is body past. Remembering the body's experiences. Derives from up right, which led to the body experiences which fueled more ideas.

Down right is body future. Communicating with your future body. Derives from up left, learned things fuel future body.

Down center is body stillness. Noticing the moment of the body. Derives from up center, idea analysis fuels body stillness.

Center is stillness. Noticing the moment of body and mind with equal balance.

Center left is past stillness. Past memories of stillness and stability.

Center right is future stillness. Future creations of stillness.

-------------------------------------

Now, what I did is I drew a model where I explain what aspects of consciousness these directions of your eyes indicate. I'll post it here and then double-post to explain more.

My Eye Movement Theory


Skype: the_sleuth

BBS Signature
AbsurdRandomness
AbsurdRandomness
  • Member since: Feb. 22, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Writer
Response to My Eye Movement Theory 2015-12-08 08:37:01 Reply

This is where things get interesting. I noticed that the Buddhist Mandala correlates to my eye movement theory. I had never seen the Mandala in detail prior to creating the eye model. But what I discovered is that the Mandala is an eye that does not know it is an eye, and that is why it has a black star in the middle of this drawing.

In the top right of this Mandala are the words "reality and possibility", just as I wrote in the eye model.
In the bottom right are the words "perfection and harmony", which correlates to the words happiness and Christ consciousness as I wrote in the model.
In the top left are the words "system and people". This is where things get interesting, because in my eye model I write about how the top left leads to spiritual enlightenment. What does this have to do with system and people? For me personally, I have been using my eye looking to the top left to perceive the past lives of my friends.
In the bottom right is the words "known and unknown", and in the bottom right of my eye model I wrote "why?, meaninglessness, depression, key lock."

The conclusion I have arrived at is that the meaning of looking to the top left is the ability to think in a higher form of consciousness that expands your awareness and ability to understand reality and yourself. Looking to the top left clears you of subconscious emotional blockages.

Looking to the bottom left however, what is this "known unknown, depression meaninglessness key lock?" Looking to the bottom left, as I expressed in the OP, connects you to "past body" consciousness. That is, past lives. When I look to my bottom left, I speak to who I was in a past life.

My Eye Movement Theory


Skype: the_sleuth

BBS Signature
AbsurdRandomness
AbsurdRandomness
  • Member since: Feb. 22, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Writer
Response to My Eye Movement Theory 2015-12-08 08:48:03 Reply

At 12/8/15 08:46 AM, SocialistClock wrote: Penis

Breathe with your stomach to stop thinking with your dick!


Skype: the_sleuth

BBS Signature
AbsurdRandomness
AbsurdRandomness
  • Member since: Feb. 22, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Writer
Response to My Eye Movement Theory 2015-12-08 08:55:44 Reply

At 12/8/15 08:51 AM, SocialistClock wrote:
At 12/8/15 08:48 AM, AbsurdRandomness wrote:
At 12/8/15 08:46 AM, SocialistClock wrote: Penis
Breathe with your stomach to stop thinking with your dick!
I breathe with my lungs you cuck fuck

Place your hand below your navel. If your hand doesn't rise as you breathe, you're not breathing correctly, which causes anxiety, depression, all kinds of neuroses you don't know about. It's as simple as breathing properly that can change your life for the better.


Skype: the_sleuth

BBS Signature
AbsurdRandomness
AbsurdRandomness
  • Member since: Feb. 22, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Writer
Response to My Eye Movement Theory 2015-12-08 09:13:23 Reply

At 12/8/15 09:05 AM, SocialistClock wrote: Right, next your going to tell me all my problems are caused my misalignment of chakra's.
Drop some more acid and go back to spiritscience you damn neo-hippie

If I were to say your problems are caused by misalignment of chakras, that would be incredibly immature because chakras are not accepted as scientific fact. However, what is clear scientific fact is that you are expressing anger that you have deeply vibrating within you and you want me to feel your anger, so you insult me by making presumptions about my thinking as if you have put any more thought into your conclusion than a grain of atomic matter. Your conclusion didn't rise from thought, it rose from anger and fear and dread that you feel in your life constantly. And when your next post tells me to fuck off, I will continue to rant upon you until you realize that your tortured existence doesn't need to be so tortured.


Skype: the_sleuth

BBS Signature
AbsurdRandomness
AbsurdRandomness
  • Member since: Feb. 22, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Writer
Response to My Eye Movement Theory 2015-12-08 09:41:42 Reply

At 12/8/15 09:23 AM, SocialistClock wrote:
At 12/8/15 09:13 AM, AbsurdRandomness wrote:
And when your next post tells me to fuck off, I will continue to rant
Getting presumptuous arent we, or are you just attempting to reflect your own mess of a life on to me.
Either way
Fuck off

As human beings, we experience suffering. All of us. Me, you, your mom, Hitler, Jesus. All of us feel pain, fear, dread, shame, sadness, insecurity, humiliation, heartbreak, anxiety, confusion, and meaninglessness. If you deny feeling these emotions then you are not a human being.

Now, the level of my suffering has been decreasing with time. The time it began decreasing was shortly after I started looking to my top left. It is why I created this eye model because I believe that looking to your top left, meditating there, and using your own inner voice as you look to the top left with your eye can CLEANSE you of subconscious emotional blockages. Looking to the top left accesses the subconscious, which accesses most genetic information human beings have acquired since we evolved from single celled organisms.

In a gist, it is healing my depression, therefore it is a good thing, and why would I not want to spread a good thing if it will help at least one other person? That is the purpose of this post. I will now fuck off until you respond again.


Skype: the_sleuth

BBS Signature
Amaranthus
Amaranthus
  • Member since: Sep. 30, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Melancholy
Response to My Eye Movement Theory 2015-12-08 09:59:21 Reply

Stop smoking pot and get a job, you filthy hippy!


1000%!! I USED TO GIVE A FUCK
You have been banned from the channel.

BBS Signature
AbsurdRandomness
AbsurdRandomness
  • Member since: Feb. 22, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Writer
Response to My Eye Movement Theory 2015-12-08 10:11:13 Reply

At 12/8/15 09:49 AM, SocialistClock wrote: Did your therapist tell you that or did you come up with yhat on your own?


my depression,
Figured as much, depression is usually caused by an imbalance of chemicals in the brain. So if you wanted to fix your depression it'd be smart to start there, but if placebo psuedo-science helps, have at it bucko

I see... You know. Just how a black hole in space exists to suck the light from a star? That is how I perceive many people on earth to be. A void. I cannot tell if I am speaking to a void right now, but it seems likely that I am. Which is why I will make one last attempt at clarifying. If my last attempt at clarifying is met with more voidish behavior, I will simply stop answering you because there is nothing that can be done to save a human void. Not my job.

Anyways, I have taken all sorts of medicines. You know so much about how psychology works, don't you? Just how reliable these antidepressants are. These medicines are nothing more than numbing art with frankly equal to slightly more than equal value to treating depression than placebo effect itself. The only true treatment of depression can not happen from any outside source. It has to come from within yourself to want to be happier, and to seek truth and meaning within your inner understanding of reality.

Now, with that said, I structured my post using the synthesis of information I gathered from multiple sources on Google Scholars. I put this together using my brain. You see how that works? It's called collecting information, fitting them into a puzzle, and putting pieces together. That is how logic works, friend. Your argument against my theory has used no logic. You have said nothing to challenge my theory. You have only chosen to challenge me.

With that said, since your sole purpose in this thread is not to challenge my theory but to challenge me, I will do to you what I do with all other human voids, and that is, I will simply take a deep breath, go exercise, and realize I have bigger fish to fry. So given all of that, your next response will be indicative of my value judgment of your humanity, and you have the willpower to either make yourself appear like a respectable human being or a void. You have one last chance.


Skype: the_sleuth

BBS Signature
Jin
Jin
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 59
Blank Slate
Response to My Eye Movement Theory 2015-12-08 10:20:17 Reply

Poe's law is in effect.

AbsurdRandomness
AbsurdRandomness
  • Member since: Feb. 22, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Writer
Response to My Eye Movement Theory 2015-12-08 10:34:21 Reply

At 12/8/15 10:30 AM, SocialistClock wrote: Go smoke pot and open ur eyes loser lolol fuckin hippy

No logic detected. More Void behavior. Useless to my life. Cya.


Skype: the_sleuth

BBS Signature
PussyShark
PussyShark
  • Member since: Nov. 6, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Artist
Response to My Eye Movement Theory 2015-12-08 11:18:49 Reply

ur dumb

MemeFiend2
MemeFiend2
  • Member since: Nov. 20, 2015
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to My Eye Movement Theory 2015-12-08 11:24:28 Reply

You look like Tai Lopez


"Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius." ~Arnaud Amalric

BBS Signature
AbsurdRandomness
AbsurdRandomness
  • Member since: Feb. 22, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Writer
Response to My Eye Movement Theory 2015-12-08 11:35:31 Reply

Hmm I somewhat regret not putting a precursor saying "if you are stupid please exit this thread quietly and don't trip on your own stupid feet on the way out."


Skype: the_sleuth

BBS Signature
PussyShark
PussyShark
  • Member since: Nov. 6, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Artist
Response to My Eye Movement Theory 2015-12-08 11:40:58 Reply

My feet are not stupid you fucking jerk.

MemeFiend2
MemeFiend2
  • Member since: Nov. 20, 2015
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to My Eye Movement Theory 2015-12-08 11:44:45 Reply

At 12/8/15 11:35 AM, AbsurdRandomness wrote: Hmm I somewhat regret not putting a precursor saying "if you are stupid please exit this thread quietly and don't trip on your own stupid feet on the way out."

If that was the case, you wouldn't have gotten very far past the precursor.


"Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius." ~Arnaud Amalric

BBS Signature
satanbrain
satanbrain
  • Member since: Dec. 6, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 51
Melancholy
Response to My Eye Movement Theory 2015-12-08 12:29:51 Reply

The best is to rotate your eyes 360 degrees, while moving your tongue back and forth. The tongue improves brain functioning.


"What seest thou else. In the dark backward and abysm of time?"

BBS Signature
MykeiXWolfe
MykeiXWolfe
  • Member since: Jul. 20, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Programmer
Response to My Eye Movement Theory 2015-12-08 13:27:42 Reply

Could reeeeaaaallllly go for some nachos right now.


Oldskies lmao

BBS Signature
AbsurdRandomness
AbsurdRandomness
  • Member since: Feb. 22, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Writer
Response to My Eye Movement Theory 2015-12-08 14:48:06 Reply

At 12/8/15 12:29 PM, satanbrain wrote: The best is to rotate your eyes 360 degrees, while moving your tongue back and forth. The tongue improves brain functioning.

Lol that is super creepy dude.


Skype: the_sleuth

BBS Signature
CiviLies
CiviLies
  • Member since: Jan. 20, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to My Eye Movement Theory 2015-12-09 02:08:42 Reply

This sounds really fascinating and all, and I'm not just being sarcastic, it does sound interesting, but get back at me when your theory is published in a scientific, peer-reviewed journal article.

You claim your theory is based only on logic, and fact, and reasoning, and scientific studies, but you have not posted or cited any sources. You used Google Scholar? Well what kinds of scholarly resources did you pull up and use for your theory? From what journals? Care to share? The only thing you showed us to back your idea was some religious symbol, which is not something that is really all that science-based.

Don't take this as a personal attack, because I'm not attacking you. I'm just saying, you can't genuinely blame someone for not taking this fully seriously. You can blame them for acting like an asshole about it, but that's about it.

CiviLies
CiviLies
  • Member since: Jan. 20, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to My Eye Movement Theory 2015-12-09 02:26:02 Reply

At 12/9/15 02:12 AM, SocialistClock wrote:
At 12/9/15 02:08 AM, CiviLies wrote: stuff..
You misunderstood him, by "Google Scholar" he really meant "my anus"

Lol. I just wanted to give him a chance :P

satanbrain
satanbrain
  • Member since: Dec. 6, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 51
Melancholy
Response to My Eye Movement Theory 2015-12-09 02:37:35 Reply

At 12/9/15 12:26 AM, Vixuzar wrote:
At 12/8/15 12:29 PM, satanbrain wrote: The best is to rotate your eyes 360 degrees, while moving your tongue back and forth. The tongue improves brain functioning.
Someone should animate this.

The whole thread, I hope.


"What seest thou else. In the dark backward and abysm of time?"

BBS Signature
soupflavoredsoup
soupflavoredsoup
  • Member since: May. 14, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Writer
Response to My Eye Movement Theory 2015-12-09 02:43:57 (edited 2015-12-09 02:44:59) Reply

At 12/8/15 08:55 AM, AbsurdRandomness wrote: Place your hand below your navel. If your hand doesn't rise as you breathe, you're not breathing correctly, which causes anxiety, depression, all kinds of neuroses you don't know about. It's as simple as breathing properly that can change your life for the better.

The school psychologist in my first year of college gave me this exact advice for dealing with the pressures of college life for which I was so completely unprepared. That was a few weeks before they declined my request to change majors like several of my professors recommended I do, after I'd filed for a leave of absence to take the rest of the semester off in preparation. Said I'd have to reapply, because I might not be good enough to attend after all. (They kept the whole year's tuition money.)

It's good advice though, like for when you're trying really hard not to blow a load while also staying as close as you can to doing so. I wish the college quack had told me about doing that instead.

Anyway, I looked at your baseless speculation chart. You can't be serious. By what possible logic would "death" fall under "past body" and "Christ consciousness" (???) fall under "future body"? Have you been "sent here" to map out wacky pseudo-religious nonsense to confuse the profane masses?

NeonSpider
NeonSpider
  • Member since: Oct. 4, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to My Eye Movement Theory 2015-12-09 04:33:23 Reply

Guys, c'mon. You can't say it's false advertising -- his name *is* AbsurdRandomness and he has provided you with quality absurd randomness. Do you get mad if you get spinach from a can labeled "Spinach" because for some reason you were expecting maybe Brussels sprouts?

At 12/8/15 12:29 PM, satanbrain wrote: The best is to rotate your eyes 360 degrees, while moving your tongue back and forth. The tongue improves brain functioning.

Everyone knows you're supposed to stick your tongue in your eye socket behind your eye, wrap it around your brain, and have it come out the eye socket for the other eye, then back around several times, while moving your eyes around and chanting in unknown ancient languages while spontaneously combusting and growing horns out of your ears. That's how you level up.

AbsurdRandomness
AbsurdRandomness
  • Member since: Feb. 22, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Writer
Response to My Eye Movement Theory 2015-12-09 19:59:54 Reply

At 12/9/15 02:08 AM, CiviLies wrote: This sounds really fascinating and all, and I'm not just being sarcastic, it does sound interesting, but get back at me when your theory is published in a scientific, peer-reviewed journal article.

You claim your theory is based only on logic, and fact, and reasoning, and scientific studies, but you have not posted or cited any sources. You used Google Scholar? Well what kinds of scholarly resources did you pull up and use for your theory? From what journals? Care to share? The only thing you showed us to back your idea was some religious symbol, which is not something that is really all that science-based.

Don't take this as a personal attack, because I'm not attacking you. I'm just saying, you can't genuinely blame someone for not taking this fully seriously. You can blame them for acting like an asshole about it, but that's about it.

http://www.nlpu.com/Articles/artic14.htm:

Eye movements as indicators of specific cognitive processes is one of the most well known, if controversial, discoveries of NLP, and potentially one of the most valuable. According to NLP, automatic, unconscious eye movements, or "eye accessing cues," often accompany particular thought processes, and indicate the access and use of particular representational systems.

The notion that eye movements might be related to internal representations was first suggested by American psychologist William James in his book Principles of Psychology (1890, pp. 193-195). Observing that some forms of micromovement always accompany thought, James wrote:

In attending to either an idea or a sensation belonging to a particular sense-sphere, the movement is the adjustment of the sense-organ, felt as it occurs. I cannot think in visual terms, or example, without feeling a fluctuating play of pressures, convergences, divergences, and accommodations in my eyeballs...When I try to remember or reflect, the movements in question. . .feel like a sort of withdrawal from the outer world. As far as I can detect, these feelings are due to an actual rolling outwards and upwards of the eyeballs.

What James is describing is well known in NLP as a visual eye-accessing cue [eyes moving up and to the left or right for visualization]. James' observation lay dormant, however, until the early 1970's when psychologists such as Kinsbourne (1972), Kocel et al (1972) and Galin & Ornstein (1974), began to equate lateral eye movements to processes related to the different hemispheres of the brain. They observed that right-handed people tended to shift their heads and eyes to the right during "left hemisphere" (logical and verbally oriented) tasks, and to move their heads and eyes to the left during "right hemisphere" (artistic and spatially oriented) tasks. That is, people tended to look in the opposite direction of the part of the brain they were using to complete a cognitive task.

In early 1976, Richard Bandler, John Grinder and their students began to explore the relationship between eye movements and the different senses as well as the different cognitive processes associated with the brain hemispheres.

In 1977 Robert Dilts conducted a study, at the Langley Porter Neuropsychiatric Institute in San Francisco, attempting to correlate eye movements to particular cognitive and neurophysiological processes. Dilts used electrodes to track both the eye movements and brain wave characteristics of subjects who were asked questions related to using the various senses of sight, hearing and feeling for tasks involving both memory ("right brain" processing) and mental construction ("left brain" processing). Subjects were asked a series of questions in eight groupings. Each grouping of questions appealed to a particular type of cognitive processing_visual, auditory, kinesthetic, and emotional (visceral feelings). Each was also geared to either memory (non-dominant hemisphere processing) or construction (dominant hemisphere processing). Dilts' recordings tended to confirm other tests which showed that lateralization of eye movements accompanied brain activity during different cognitive tasks. This pattern also seemed to hold for tasks requiring different senses.

As a result of these studies, and many hours of observations of people from different cultures and racial backgrounds from all over the world, the following eye movement patterns were identified (Dilts, 1976, 1977; Grinder, DeLozier and Bandler, 1977; Bandler and Grinder, 1979; Dilts, Grinder, Bandler and DeLozier, 1980):

Eyes Up and Left: Non-dominant hemisphere visualization - i.e., remembered imagery (Vr).

Eyes Up and Right: Dominant hemisphere visualization - i.e., constructed imagery and visual fantasy (Vc).

Eyes Lateral Left: Non-dominant hemisphere auditory processing - i.e., remembered sounds, words, and "tape loops" (Ar) and tonal discrimination.

Eyes Lateral Right: Dominant hemisphere auditory processing - i.e., constructed sounds and words (Ac).

Eyes Down and Left: Internal dialogue, or inner self-talk (Ad).

Eyes Down and Right: Feelings, both tactile and visceral (K).

Eyes Straight Ahead, but Defocused or Dilated: Quick access of almost any sensory information; but usually visual.

My Eye Movement Theory


Skype: the_sleuth

BBS Signature
AbsurdRandomness
AbsurdRandomness
  • Member since: Feb. 22, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Writer
Response to My Eye Movement Theory 2015-12-09 20:02:11 Reply

From https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye_movement_desensitization_and_reprocessing

"Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR) is a psychotherapy developed by Francine Shapiro that emphasizes disturbing memories as the cause of psychopathology.[1][2] It is used to help with the symptoms of post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).[3] According to Shapiro, when a traumatic or distressing experience occurs, it may overwhelm normal coping mechanisms. The memory and associated stimuli are inadequately processed and stored in an isolated memory network.[1]

EMDR therapy is better than no treatment and similar to cognitive behavior therapy (CBT) in chronic PTSD.[4][5]

The goal of EMDR is to reduce the long-lasting effects of distressing memories by developing more adaptive coping mechanisms. The therapy uses an eight-phase approach that includes having the patient recall distressing images while receiving one of several types of bilateral sensory input, such as side to side eye movements.[6] EMDR was originally developed to treat adults with PTSD; however, it is also used to treat other conditions and children.[7]


Skype: the_sleuth

BBS Signature
AbsurdRandomness
AbsurdRandomness
  • Member since: Feb. 22, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Writer
Response to My Eye Movement Theory 2015-12-09 20:04:14 Reply

When I did EMDR, I received images of traumatic stress from my past lives. That is what originated my inspiration for the model.


Skype: the_sleuth

BBS Signature
Snazznasty
Snazznasty
  • Member since: Sep. 24, 2015
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to My Eye Movement Theory 2015-12-10 02:39:19 Reply

I always thought your eyes moved when you needed to look at things.


My Art Thread
I don't know who created the human race, but they're a fucking idiot.
HATE MAIL HERE: Snazznasty@gmail.com
<a href="http