00:00
00:00

N G A D M '15: Quarter Finals

7,031 Views | 120 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

N G A D M '15: Quarter Finals 2015-09-13 20:55:45

Hi there! Welcome to the official thread for the Quarter Finals round of the Newgrounds Audio Deathmatch 2015 (NGADM '15). What's an NGADM, you say? Find out!

A few weeks ago, 64 participants who made it through the auditions were narrowed down to a final 16 and placed into our bracket, where their numbers will be cut in half once more as we head towards the finals. After hours of anxious pondering from our six wonderful judges who we most definitely treat well and in no way extort, we have our scores! Give your thanks to @Step, @stunkel, @Geoplex, @Neon-Bard, @MetalRenard, and @johnfn, for bringing you these results!

Before we go any further, allow me to first thank @camoshark for his astoundingly well-formatted newspost. Thanks also to @Rhunyc for the badass logo below. Be sure to follow him. Take a look at the playlist of the second round too! Lots of fantastic music which everyone should take a look at. Remember, over the next few weeks, you will get reviews from every judge on your Round of 16 track!

A couple more things: DO NOT complain or act unsportsmanlike in this thread. If you have any qualms with a particular judge's score, then PM him. We do not want to see any flame wars or bad attitudes in this thread. Lastly, if you've made it through and have suddenly realised that you can't take part, then let us know instantly! Walkovers suck, and we can easily replace you with someone who was next in-line to win.

That should do it! Let there be results!

N G A D M '15: Quarter Finals

Response to N G A D M '15: Quarter Finals 2015-09-13 20:56:06

Group 01: JDawg00100 vs PirateCrab

- JDawg00100
--- StepW: 9.1
--- MetalRenard: 8.5
--- stunkel: 8.7
--- johnfn: 7.5
--- Neon-Bard: 8.8
--- Geoplex: 9
AVERAGE: 8.6

- PirateCrab
--- StepW: 9.7
--- MetalRenard: 9.5
--- stunkel: 9.1
--- johnfn: 8.5
--- Neon-Bard: 8.9
--- Geoplex: 8.2
AVERAGE: 8.98

======================
WINNER: PirateCrab
======================

Group 02: thebitterroost vs bassfiddlejones + joshgawaldomusic

- thebitterroost
--- StepW: 9
--- MetalRenard: 8.25
--- stunkel: 8.4
--- johnfn: 8
--- Neon-Bard: 8.6
--- Geoplex: 8.3
AVERAGE: 8.425

- bassfiddlejones + joshgawaldomusic
--- StepW: 9.6
--- johnfn: 8.5
--- Neon-Bard: 9
--- Geoplex: 8.9
AVERAGE: 9.03

======================
WINNER: bassfiddlejones + joshgawaldomusic
======================

Group 03: SoundChris + JacobCadmus vs NyxTheShield

- SoundChris + JacobCadmus
--- StepW: 8.4
--- stunkel: 8.5
--- johnfn: 8
--- Neon-Bard: 8.9
--- Geoplex: 9.1
AVERAGE: 8.57

- NyxTheShield
--- StepW: 8.3
--- MetalRenard: 8
--- stunkel: 8.3
--- Geoplex: 8.1
AVERAGE: 8.13

======================
WINNER: SoundChris + JacobCadmus
======================

Group 04: ChronoNomad vs dem0lecule + LucidShadowDreamer

- ChronoNomad
--- StepW: 8.6
--- MetalRenard: 7.5
--- stunkel: 8.6
--- johnfn: 6.5
AVERAGE: 7.98

- dem0lecule + LucidShadowDreamer
--- StepW: 8.7
--- MetalRenard: 7
--- johnfn: 9
--- Neon-Bard: 8.5
--- Geoplex: 8.4
AVERAGE: 8.37

======================
WINNER: dem0lecule + LucidShadowDreamer
======================

Group 05: EliteFerrex vs SkyeWint

- EliteFerrex
--- StepW: 9.2
--- stunkel: 8.8
--- Geoplex: 7.9
AVERAGE: 8.4

- SkyeWint
--- StepW: 9.3
--- Geoplex: 9.1
AVERAGE: 8.85

======================
WINNER: SkyeWint
======================

Group 06: Lich vs midimachine

- Lich
--- StepW: 9
--- stunkel: 8.5
--- johnfn: 6
--- Neon-Bard: 8
--- Geoplex: 7.7
AVERAGE: 7.87

- midimachine
--- StepW: 9.3
--- MetalRenard: 8.75
--- stunkel: 8.9
--- Neon-Bard: 8.7
AVERAGE: 8.54

======================
WINNER: midimachine
======================

Group 07: Azhthar vs IglicaV

- Azhthar
--- StepW: 8.7
--- Neon-Bard: 8.8
--- Geoplex: 8.7
AVERAGE: 8.47

- IglicaV
--- StepW: 9.6
--- MetalRenard: 9.75
--- stunkel: 8.9
--- johnfn: 6.5
--- Neon-Bard: 9.5
--- Geoplex: 8
AVERAGE: 8.71

======================
WINNER: IglicaV
======================

Group 08: frootza vs aliaspharow

- frootza
--- StepW: 8.2
--- MetalRenard: 7.5
--- stunkel: 7.8
--- johnfn: 5.5
--- Neon-Bard: 7
--- Geoplex: 7.2
AVERAGE: 7.2

- aliaspharow
--- StepW: 7.9
--- stunkel: 8
--- Neon-Bard: 8.5
--- Geoplex: 7.8
AVERAGE: 8.03

======================
WINNER: aliaspharow
======================

Response to N G A D M '15: Quarter Finals 2015-09-13 20:56:29

WINNERS:
midimachine
PirateCrab
SkyeWint
SoundChris + JacobCadmus
bassfiddlejones + joshgawaldomusic
midimachine
IglicaV
aliaspharow

PAIRINGS:
PirateCrab vs bassfiddlejones + joshgawaldomusic
SoundChris + JacobCadmus vs LucidShadowDreamer + dem0lecule
SkyeWint vs midimachine
IglicaV vs aliaspharow

Go here to see the fixed bracketing!

Congrats to those who made it! Once more you have a tough two weeks coming up. Get another track done to fight your opponent by the 27th of September. To those who didnt succeed, do not despair. It was a tremendously close round as always, and even making it this far is a big deal. We hope you had fun either way.

As a reminder, do not ask/complain about any of the scores in this thread! Use PMs and review responses where applicable.

That should be everything for now! Post away!

Response to N G A D M '15: Quarter Finals 2015-09-13 21:02:03

Sweet! As soon as I'm done with everything I'm doing today, I'll start on my next round track. Good luck, @midimachine!

I'm pretty surprised about one of the brackets, to be honest. But not surprised at all about any of the other scores. I think I'll do what johnfn suggested and review the judges upon the end of the contest.

Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '15: Quarter Finals 2015-09-13 21:11:45

At 9/13/15 09:02 PM, SkyeWint wrote: Sweet! As soon as I'm done with everything I'm doing today, I'll start on my next round track. Good luck, @midimachine!

u wot m8 ill rek u

p.s. i am gay

Response to N G A D M '15: Quarter Finals 2015-09-13 21:42:56

Congrats guys! All the submissions were pretty great; good round!

@PirateCrab - we'll have to pull out some of the stops for you. >:D

Response to N G A D M '15: Quarter Finals 2015-09-13 22:04:37

At 9/13/15 09:24 PM, Lich wrote: GL @all

"We have yet to see how all will contribute to the site."

p.s. i am gay

Response to N G A D M '15: Quarter Finals 2015-09-13 22:35:18

Congrats to the winners!

Since I do have a bit of time on my hands now, I can do a stats post this time. Will post link here when done.

Response to N G A D M '15: Quarter Finals 2015-09-14 00:31:44

Done. Sorry for the double post. It's so quiet in here!

http://gadogry.newgrounds.com/news/post/941663

Response to N G A D M '15: Quarter Finals 2015-09-14 00:47:58

At 9/14/15 12:31 AM, gadogry wrote: Done. Sorry for the double post. It's so quiet in here!

Everyone is dead :<

Come join music competitions on Chips Compo and hang on our Discord!

Good artists copy. Great artists get banned from the Audio Portal.

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '15: Quarter Finals 2015-09-14 01:36:57

It was a blast facing off against the god of metal himself @PirateCrab

Good luck dude!

Response to N G A D M '15: Quarter Finals 2015-09-14 05:56:42

Am I the only one that finds it pretty awesome that @midimachine actually won twice on this round? :O!!!
Great job, dude ;)

Also, this was a very close round, @ChronoNomad! If johnfn hadn't been a game changer, you would've won with 0.03 points!!! If I didn't know from earlier experience that he isn't biased... I'd totally think he was biased :p
Great job, Chrono, your track is amazing :3

Speaking of @johnfn, I love reading his scores compared to the other judges'. You really made things interesting = Awesome XD

And @dem0lecule. We made it to this round o.O
I have a creeping suspicion that this will be the final one for us *cough* Chrismus *cough*, but we'll do our very best nonetheless!

Good luck, everyone, including @SoundChris and @JacobCadmus :)

Response to N G A D M '15: Quarter Finals 2015-09-14 07:02:26

At 9/14/15 05:56 AM, LucidShadowDreamer wrote: Am I the only one that finds it pretty awesome that @midimachine actually won twice on this round? :O!!!
Great job, dude ;)

I love how this is the second time your group's name was replaced by midimachine's in the list of winners. :P

Response to N G A D M '15: Quarter Finals 2015-09-14 07:22:02

At 9/14/15 07:02 AM, LunacyEcho wrote:
At 9/14/15 05:56 AM, LucidShadowDreamer wrote: Am I the only one that finds it pretty awesome that @midimachine actually won twice on this round? :O!!!
Great job, dude ;)
I love how this is the second time your group's name was replaced by midimachine's in the list of winners. :P

i'm just too good, get on my level scrublords

p.s. i am gay

Response to N G A D M '15: Quarter Finals 2015-09-14 07:24:13

Yeowch, I need to up my game again if I've any chance against you @bassfiddlejones! You might see a fairly varied an interesting track off me the next round! ;)

@JDawg00100 it was a blast and your track was excellent, thanks for the tough challenge! <3

Gawd dammit sheesh

Pirates WILL rule one day...

HIT ME UP BITCHES. Piratecrab's Soundcloud| Piratecrab's Youtube

Wow, cool!

Congrats @aliaspharow you must have really pulled out all the stops for your track! I'm going to listen to it asaic.

Never stop creating.

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '15: Quarter Finals 2015-09-14 08:37:30

At 9/14/15 12:31 AM, gadogry wrote: Done. Sorry for the double post. It's so quiet in here!

Nice, I always love reading the stats. Thanks so much for doing this!

At 9/14/15 12:47 AM, johnfn wrote:
Everyone is dead :<

AND WHO KILLED THEM ALL JOHNFN?? HMM?

You and your swift hammer of judgment, that's who.

Response to N G A D M '15: Quarter Finals 2015-09-14 09:48:22

At 9/14/15 09:24 AM, dem0lecule wrote: @Soundchris

They pitch us against each other.

Really, I didn't expect this.

@LucidShadowDreamer

Lol is this good news or bad news? :D

See you on Skype!

This is good news. Exactly what we wanted to happen >:D
Skype o hoy!!

Response to N G A D M '15: Quarter Finals 2015-09-14 10:31:03

At 9/14/15 09:24 AM, dem0lecule wrote: @Soundchris

They pitch us against each other.

Really, I didn't expect this.

Does that mean you definitely expected me to loose this round? :D

@LucidShadowDreamer

Lol is this good news or bad news? :D

If you love challenges (as much as i do) its good news! Its an honor for us :)

See you on Skype!

Yup!

BBS Signature

At 9/14/15 05:56 AM, LucidShadowDreamer wrote: Also, this was a very close round, @ChronoNomad! If johnfn hadn't been a game changer, you would've won with 0.03 points!!! If I didn't know from earlier experience that he isn't biased... I'd totally think he was biased :p

Yep! That dude had one hell of a swing vote, didn't he? I'll admit that I have a few thoughts on that, but I think I'm just gonna move on and put the 2015 NGADM in my rearview mirror. Beyond that single shockingly enormous disparity, I feel that the voting was relatively fair and surprisingly even.

Speaking of @johnfn, I love reading his scores compared to the other judges'. You really made things interesting = Awesome XD

"Interesting." Yes, that is one way to put it. I hope he doesn't take too long with his reviews, because I am incredibly curious about his thought processes and scoring criteria...

And @dem0lecule. We made it to this round o.O
I have a creeping suspicion that this will be the final one for us *cough* Chrismus *cough*, but we'll do our very best nonetheless!

Congrats to you and dem0, man! I'm really happy for you two. Best of luck in the next round and I'll be looking forward to the new track!

Response to N G A D M '15: Quarter Finals 2015-09-14 11:33:59

At 9/14/15 11:11 AM, ChronoNomad wrote:
Yep! That dude had one hell of a swing vote, didn't he? I'll admit that I have a few thoughts on that, but I think I'm just gonna move on and put the 2015 NGADM in my rearview mirror. Beyond that single shockingly enormous disparity, I feel that the voting was relatively fair and surprisingly even.

I wouldn't worry too much. I want to see his review too though! I'm guessing it was the samples and intruments he didn't like, and maybe the lack of percussion. Also, he is usually in favor of super catchy tracks (he told me). The different judging criteria is also part of why we have so many judges, I feel, and johnfn has always been a fair, altough often harsh judge, in my opinion, so I'm sure he has good reasons :D
But I will definitely enjoy readin' his reviews, so you better get on with them, @johnfn!

"Interesting." Yes, that is one way to put it. I hope he doesn't take too long with his reviews, because I am incredibly curious about his thought processes and scoring criteria...

Not half as interesting as @Gadogry's stats though!!!
They also explain that all the judges seem to have been of the same opinion generally, as well as that the results would've been the same even if you play around with the math. Very interesting and worthwhile read!!!

Congrats to you and dem0, man! I'm really happy for you two. Best of luck in the next round and I'll be looking forward to the new track!

Thanks a lot! You made it this far already, and were pretty close on making it even further. I hope that you'll partake in more competitions as well :D
I'll totally be stalking everything you upload either way :p

Response to N G A D M '15: Quarter Finals 2015-09-14 11:34:19

At 9/14/15 05:56 AM, LucidShadowDreamer wrote: blah blah
salt

i lost the grand final in 2011 by .02
it was nobody's fault but my own

p.s. i am gay

Response to N G A D M '15: Quarter Finals 2015-09-14 11:39:22

At 9/14/15 11:34 AM, midimachine wrote:

Lol, I don't think Chrono was salty though, as he didn't have a problem with losing. I think he was more genuinely interested in why johnfn judged as he did ;)

Response to N G A D M '15: Quarter Finals 2015-09-14 11:51:30

At 9/14/15 11:39 AM, LucidShadowDreamer wrote:
Lol, I don't think Chrono was salty though, as he didn't have a problem with losing. I think he was more genuinely interested in why johnfn judged as he did ;)

Thanks for that, Lucid. True story.

pepper

Response to N G A D M '15: Quarter Finals 2015-09-14 11:57:19

At 9/14/15 05:56 AM, LucidShadowDreamer wrote: blah blah
salt

That's your 2 cents.

Response to N G A D M '15: Quarter Finals 2015-09-14 12:06:02

At 9/14/15 11:57 AM, bassfiddlejones wrote:

That's your 2 cents.

Well played.

Check out my pages!

Soundcloud Youtube Twitter Facebook

Hey grats to everyone! Can´t say I´m not disappointed that I didn´t made it but also relieved because I am quite busy at the moment... Also @IglicaV : Your track was awesome, so you definitely deserve to win this round! Congrats and go get the finals ;)

Response to N G A D M '15: Quarter Finals 2015-09-14 13:27:39

Just wanted to drop by and say that this was a KILLER round. I am genuinely impressed with everything, as you can see by my stupid high scores. Congrats to the winners, and to the losers, at this point I can say that I'm sad to see every one of you go. Everyone put up a great fight.

Reviews will be coming right up! Every judge reviews every track this time round, so you should be getting a full six reviews.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '15: Quarter Finals 2015-09-14 13:28:56

At 9/14/15 12:55 PM, Azhthar wrote: Hey grats to everyone! Can´t say I´m not disappointed that I didn´t made it but also relieved because I am quite busy at the moment... Also @IglicaV : Your track was awesome, so you definitely deserve to win this round! Congrats and go get the finals ;)

WAIT WHAT?

Damn, that was unexpected, Azhthar did a great work... It seems I need to repair my speakers really fast now. Good luck evereyone! And I hope that I'll see Azhthar next year :3

We are a marvel...

At 9/14/15 05:56 AM, LucidShadowDreamer wrote: Also, this was a very close round, @ChronoNomad! If johnfn hadn't been a game changer, you would've won with 0.03 points!!! If I didn't know from earlier experience that he isn't biased... I'd totally think he was biased :p

Man, I really had no clue that I was going to have such a huge effect on scores until I saw this thread posted. That was definitely not my intent! I really wasn't expecting my scores to be such outliers since I was kinda just judging by myself, not really having any clue what everyone else scores were looking like.

I had decided to score from 5-10, but since every other judge scored closer to the range from 7.5-10, I end up looking like twice the jerk that I actually am... :x

(Though in my defense, gadogry's stats show that even if you normalize everything, all the results come out the same.)

Anyway yeah I better get on those reviews before someone kills me. :O

Come join music competitions on Chips Compo and hang on our Discord!

Good artists copy. Great artists get banned from the Audio Portal.

BBS Signature