00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LFXrd just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Vape Shops

4,960 Views | 71 Replies

Response to Vape Shops 2015-09-14 00:59:31

At 9/13/15 10:42 PM, WahyaRanger2 wrote:
At 9/13/15 10:29 PM, IAmCrystalHeights wrote: 30 ml

It's a decent flavor.
Still, I think I'd only pay about 16 or 17 dollars for a 30 ml bottle.

Yeesh.

I'd look at other shops so you're not fleecing yourself.

I guess it was because it was the most popular flavor. Yeah it did seem a bit pricy, but I think it was less than $25 because I got a 10% discount. Something in the 20s range.

Response to Vape Shops 2015-09-14 03:56:18

At 9/11/15 06:26 PM, KillerSkull wrote:
At 9/11/15 05:37 PM, IAmCrystalHeights wrote: So yeah, vaping is better than smoking in almost every way. It tastes better, is healthier, and is cooler........
It certainly tastes better, though from my tobacco days there were some cigs that had a smooth flavor. We honestly don't know if vaping is truly healthier, for one thing, do you know where your vape is made? A lot of vapes are made in random ass Chinese factories, who knows what kind of shit is mixed in with the metal? Second, if you get down to the basic level, when you vape you're still displacing oxygen, even if it's without all the cancer causing shit.

As for the cool aspect, meh. The rectangular vapes look stupid as shit, the stick ones loom a bit better though...

I looked up the company where my vape pen is made, it's called KangerTech which is headquartered in Shenzhen, China. Interestingly enough, I've actually been to Shenzhen in January. I have family that is Chinese, so I went to visit them there and in Hong Kong. When I was in China, I don't remember seeing anyone vaping actually, despite e-cigs being invented there. I think they are banned there because the tobacco corporations stomped on the vaping industry. Tons of people smoke cigarettes there, though.

So it may be the cheap Chinese stuff, but it's certainly a step up from the junk you get at Walgreens or gas stations. You can even change the volt level of the battery, which is cool.

The e-juice is made in Irvine, CA. I don't think there is anything wrong with that, although there are some artificial flavors in it but it doesn't seem too unhealthy or unsafe to me so far.

Response to Vape Shops 2015-09-14 04:26:04

I was trying to quit smoking for years and was considering vaping when it first came out. But then one day I went cold turkey on the smokes. Instead of buying e-cigs I did other things to keep my mind off the nicotine, like working out. Glad I don't do either now, I would be wasting money otherwise.

You haven't seen me yet.

Response to Vape Shops 2015-09-14 12:13:41 (edited 2015-09-14 12:14:18)

If they're really charging you extra for a popular flavor, you're really doing business with the wrong place.

The prices at my store are all the same for every flavor, unless you go online and custom mix them. Anything off the "menu" is priced at $6 for 10ml, $11 for 20ml, and then I think $15 for 30 and so on. They try to save you a dollar for each size up because it's easier to make bigger batches I guess.

Unless you don't live in the US. I'm just assuming such and sorry if I'm wrong.

The Newgrounds Revolution isn't a thing, quit being a pussy.

BBS Signature

Response to Vape Shops 2015-09-14 17:20:23 (edited 2015-09-14 17:21:49)

I don't want to derail anything here but this was in the news here and I wondered what people would think. https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2015/03/17/attorney-general-maura-healey-proposes-ban-sale-cigarettes-minors/Dzx1oG7MDVr0NYxbx8SKML/story.html

My primary reaction to this was, why was this ever not banned? Even through some differing opinions everyone here has agreed that nicotine is addictive and you'd have to be extremely ignorant to not know that. You know who's just the right amount of ignorant to not know or care? Teenagers. Adults doing what they want to their own bodies is one thing but this? Fucked up.

Just for the sake of making this a discussion and not a rant, do you know what the relevant laws are where you live?

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature

Response to Vape Shops 2015-09-14 17:29:03

yeah nicotine itself isnt addictive, its just like caffine its all the extra shit they put in.

Response to Vape Shops 2015-09-14 21:17:58

At 9/14/15 05:20 PM, stafffighter wrote: I don't want to derail anything here but this was in the news here and I wondered what people would think.

Nobody under 18 is practically allowed to even step foot into a vape shop in New York, unless you're a parent or guardian bringing in your kid type deal.

They're stores that only sell nicotine products so it only makes sense.

It was Massachusetts though, are you really surprised.

Boston is in Massachusetts, that's how you know it's a terrible state.

BBS Signature

Response to Vape Shops 2015-09-14 22:21:31

At 9/14/15 10:17 PM, SolidPantsSnake wrote: You're from Buffalo new york and you're talking shit about Boston. Don't you have more crime in your city than anywhere else in your state except Newburgh?

I like to think of it as "natural selection" and I haven't been shot just yet.

P.S. wanna throw hands

Every vape shop I've seen also sell regular tobacco products so it's the same deal where I live.

Most of the ones around here don't sell physical tobacco... If it's a smoke shop by trade, they sell tobacco and sometimes vape juice but we have dedicated vape shops.

They probably sell vape supplies for weed too but that doesn't apply to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Vape Shops 2015-09-14 22:59:17

At 9/14/15 10:51 PM, SolidPantsSnake wrote: Charles Darwin thinks you should move out of your shitty city.

Charles Darwin is dead, death escapes nobody.

Besides I don't live IN the city. I live in Cheektowaga.

@Chdonga lives in the city but I have yet to meet him. Chances are we might not, ever. Which is sad. I would probably have to drive 10 minutes max to meet him.

Why you mad?

Dude for real it was a joke.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2014/02/e-cigarettes_drug_use_pennsylv.html

Yeah I heard awhile back that people were using vaporizers to do drugs. Read an article from NBC new york about it.Sounds like New York is having a lot of trouble with that.

Haha. Local news just reported on this because apparently they're about 4 years behind. It fucking sucks because now police have reasonable suspicion for anybody using one, and can decide to approach you strictly judging on your appearance. Police never have bothered me though.

BBS Signature

Response to Vape Shops 2015-09-14 23:32:04

At 9/14/15 12:13 PM, WahyaRanger2 wrote: If they're really charging you extra for a popular flavor, you're really doing business with the wrong place.

The prices at my store are all the same for every flavor, unless you go online and custom mix them. Anything off the "menu" is priced at $6 for 10ml, $11 for 20ml, and then I think $15 for 30 and so on. They try to save you a dollar for each size up because it's easier to make bigger batches I guess.

Unless you don't live in the US. I'm just assuming such and sorry if I'm wrong.

I have no idea really, but yeah you may be right. However I feel like the biggest rip was Walgreens Ecigs. I wouldn't even bother with those. I'm not experienced with vape shops as I've only been to one, but ill make sure to visit others to make a more detailed comparison.

Also I do live in the U.S.

Response to Vape Shops 2018-01-05 19:29:19

Never been to a vape shop, but I do vape only when I'm offered, mostly when I'm around my other peers who do vape.

BBS Signature

Response to Vape Shops 2018-01-06 23:05:32

Oh FUUUCK vaping.

Vape (surprisingly) smells sooo much worse than cigarettes. If I so much as walk past a vaper, it sticks to my nose hairs and clothes, and I smell it ALL DAY. It's a cloyingly sweet smell, sweeter than sugar, it smells like Santa's goddamn elves jizzed up my nose.

I would prefer the company of ten thousand cigarette smokers to one single vaper.

http://explosm.net/comics/4626/