00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ParallaxDraw just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

N G A D M '15: Round of 16

14,771 Views | 218 Replies

Response to N G A D M '15: Round of 16 2015-08-25 19:00:20

Good luck to all the winners! I knew midi was moving on when I heard that solo. =P

At 8/25/15 04:33 PM, Step wrote: Also, I wanted to give an honourable mention to @LunacyEcho's track,

WHAT

That's so awesome! Thanks! :D But @JacobCadmus and @SoundChris REALLY deserved that win. What an insane track. And now we get to hear more of their awesome music! I'll be rooting for you! :P

but at least I wasn't in group C man that's some serious competition right there

Response to N G A D M '15: Round of 16 2015-08-25 19:32:25

oh i should've put a cowbell

maybe i'd gain 2 more points

lel

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '15: Round of 16 2015-08-25 19:34:13

At 8/25/15 07:32 PM, Sequenced wrote: oh i should've put a cowbell

Yep, that was the main issue. A song about ramen needs MOAR COWBELL! Obvy.

Response to N G A D M '15: Round of 16 2015-08-25 19:35:07

At 8/25/15 07:34 PM, ChronoNomad wrote:

i also forgot to use massive with bass presets and vengeance essentials

lel

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '15: Round of 16 2015-08-25 19:56:32

Y'all really love orchestral don't you :>

Come join music competitions on Chips Compo and hang on our Discord!

Good artists copy. Great artists get banned from the Audio Portal.

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '15: Round of 16 2015-08-25 19:57:02

Congrats to the wieners! :P... And congrats to @PirateCrab for kicking the hell out of our butts in the group...

I'll get you, man... I'll get you someday

Response to N G A D M '15: Round of 16 2015-08-25 19:57:20

At 8/25/15 07:35 PM, Sequenced wrote:
At 8/25/15 07:34 PM, ChronoNomad wrote: Yep, that was the main issue. A song about ramen needs MOAR COWBELL! Obvy.

EWQL also gives a +1 bonus :v

p.s. i am gay

Response to N G A D M '15: Round of 16 2015-08-25 20:18:58

Great job @LunacyEcho - what an impressive piece. Respect! @JacobCadmus : Great composition mate - You can be proud! Now its my turn i guess :) @bassfiddlejones : Congrats! I really enjoyed your piece good sir! @Blazingdragon : I am sad that you didnt make it this time. Would have been awesome to have an piano duell with You. Also congrats @PirateCrab ! I hope our hardware will make no problems this year. My system is stil in the repairshop - i will have it back in 2 days. Then i can finally compose again... and i am burning to do it!

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '15: Round of 16 2015-08-25 20:19:38

RESULTS!

Hm... I'm really sad Pandasticality lost, he had my favorite track in the first round! But aliaspharow was in his group...

...and papkee, too, I loved his submission!

BUT it's time for the Group of 16! Good luck to all that made it, you'll need it!

Probably, anyway.

:D

hey man, you uh you got something on your face right there, lemme just... ok, there we go, MUCH better, you are looking GOOD AS NEW

Response to N G A D M '15: Round of 16 2015-08-25 20:32:43

At 8/25/15 07:57 PM, @InYourDreams wrote:

Congrats to the wieners! :P... And congrats to @PirateCrab for kicking the hell out of our butts in the group...

I'll get you, man... I'll get you someday

Haha I'm not slacking at all this year! I did enjoy your song though, it had some real groove, hope to see a solo album by you someday!

At 8/25/15 08:18 PM, @SoundChris wrote:

Also congrats @PirateCrab ! I hope our hardware will make no problems this year. My system is stil in the repairshop - i will : have it back in 2 days. Then i can finally compose again... and i am burning to do it!

Hope I get to go up against you this year and write to my full ability! There's no chance I'm coming out with a shoddy orchestral piece this time ;)

At 8/25/15 08:13 PM, dem0lecule wrote:
At 8/25/15 07:57 PM, midimachine wrote:
At 8/25/15 07:34 PM, ChronoNomad wrote: Yep, that was the main issue. A song about ramen needs MOAR COWBELL! Obvy.
EWQL also gives a +1 bonus :v
i used Kontakt, maybe this was why i got lots of points? double bonus.

Where the fuckbell is my +1 for using FM8 and Omnisphere >:)

Gawd dammit sheesh

Pirates WILL rule one day...

HIT ME UP BITCHES. Piratecrab's Soundcloud| Piratecrab's Youtube

Response to N G A D M '15: Round of 16 2015-08-25 20:40:16

At 8/25/15 08:32 PM, PirateCrab wrote:
Hope I get to go up against you this year and write to my full ability! There's no chance I'm coming out with a shoddy orchestral piece this time ;)

Yeah i was surprised quite a lot that you made orchestral last year. But it wasnt as shoddy as you think it was. For a non orchestral guy really not a bad solution. But things were quite upside down. I guess you also didnt expect metal-rock from us :D

Maybe this year we can meet under realistic conditions with working equipment. But before that can happen we have to survive some other very strong competitors. And i am sure this wont become easy.

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '15: Round of 16 2015-08-25 20:45:49

At 8/25/15 07:34 PM, ChronoNomad wrote:

I feel ya brah, I forgot the cowbell as well

Response to N G A D M '15: Round of 16 2015-08-25 21:10:42

Oh shucks you're too nice. Yeah you totally threw me off guard as well, at least your piece was good :P I appreciate the compliment but I don't think you'll catch me doing orchestral again hahaha ;)

Yeah there's some incredible competition. Just looknig at the scores from the first round and looknig at the fixtures, whomever goes through on the left side is up against a very tough time haha!

At 8/25/15 08:40 PM, SoundChris wrote:
At 8/25/15 08:32 PM, PirateCrab wrote:
Yeah i was surprised quite a lot that you made orchestral last year. But it wasnt as shoddy as you think it was. For a non orchestral guy really not a bad solution. But things were quite upside down. I guess you also didnt expect metal-rock from us :D

Maybe this year we can meet under realistic conditions with working equipment. But before that can happen we have to survive some other very strong competitors. And i am sure this wont become easy.

Gawd dammit sheesh

Pirates WILL rule one day...

HIT ME UP BITCHES. Piratecrab's Soundcloud| Piratecrab's Youtube

Response to N G A D M '15: Round of 16 2015-08-25 22:42:07

At 8/25/15 04:46 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: Well, I didn't expect to make through anyway, but it's still a bummer. Congrats, LSD and dem0l!

Thanks a lot, dude!

At 8/25/15 04:48 PM, dem0lecule wrote: YES! We made it! We made it! @LucidShadowDreamer!

My heart just dropped out of my chest and rolling on the ground!

I feel the same! We made it, whooo! :D
Now, time to start working again huh...
(Also, for health reasons, I think you ought to pick up that heart and put it back, just in case...)

At 8/25/15 04:48 PM, larrynachos wrote: A bit disappointed that I didn't make it in (I had a lot of faith in my track).

@dem0lecule + @LucidShadowDreamer AVENGE ME

Dude, you track was and is great. There's a lot of competition in this contest though, so it's very difficult to tell how the results will turn out in the end. We will do our best to get as far as possible!

@ChronoNomad

Oh noes! It would seem we are now frenemies! Lol, jk.
Congratz on making it here :D!!!
I am a bit surprised about the pairings though! Very interesting competition, this. We will need to work hard to beat you ;)

@Step

I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I might as well. Is it okay if demolecule and I start working on a rejected idea from the first round of NGADM? What dem0 and I did was basically to each come up with an idea, and choose the one that would work best for the first round. I noticed that it is allowed to start working on the next track once you've finished the track for a round, and I see this as pretty much the same thing, as it too was made for this competition in particular, during the same amount of time as the other scenario would take.
I think it will be allowed, but I want to confirm.
(I just started studies at a university a couple of days ago, so picking up the track that's already in early development would help a lot). Thank you!

And finally, congratulations to all the others who moved onto this round! All of your tracks are great ;)
Thanks to the judges for doing an awesome job as well :3

Response to N G A D M '15: Round of 16 2015-08-25 23:15:11

At 8/25/15 10:42 PM, LucidShadowDreamer wrote: @ChronoNomad

Oh noes! It would seem we are now frenemies! Lol, jk.
Congratz on making it here :D!!!
I am a bit surprised about the pairings though! Very interesting competition, this. We will need to work hard to beat you ;)

So I see! Very well done--not that it surprised me one bit. Friends can always be rivals, but never enemies, so no worries there. :D

I will have to step up my game to have a chance against you and dem0, that much is certain. These pairings are a bit of a surprise, but then again that's always been the nature of the beast here at the NGADM. Pitting brother against brother, friend against friend, in a bloody battle to the bitter end! It is a most brutal form of poetry, is it not?

What kind of track am I working on? Hmm, I wonder. Mwahahahaha!

Response to N G A D M '15: Round of 16 2015-08-25 23:43:23

Omg guys

SoundChris + JacobCadmus
Chris + Cadmus
CHRISMUS?

Response to N G A D M '15: Round of 16 2015-08-26 00:13:35

At 8/25/15 05:53 PM, Jacob wrote: For some reason, I thought everyone was getting reviews.

Damn.

Congrats to everyone who moved on! And, @TheMoebiusProject
You won the round in my heart.

Awww....Yeah, we didn't make it, but it's ok, got some cool tunes out of it and we'll be coming back next year..with a vengeance! jajaj In all seriousness, thank you for this...*little tear*

Only music can save my soul

Response to N G A D M '15: Round of 16 2015-08-26 00:21:56

Oh wow I got a score above 1, that's nice. Congrats Lich, and sorry to my group once again for not putting up a better fight :\

Good luck to the rest.

Response to N G A D M '15: Round of 16 2015-08-26 03:49:10

At 8/25/15 11:43 PM, LunacyEcho wrote:
CHRISMUS?

No - its SoundCob :D You find the evidence here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFDT2L5bPFI

Corn on the Cob!

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '15: Round of 16 2015-08-26 11:50:55

At 8/25/15 08:18 PM, SoundChris wrote: @bassfiddlejones : Congrats! I really enjoyed your piece good sir!

Thanks man! You and @JacobCadmus separately are beasts, can't wait to see what you guys put out together. I look forward to meeting you on the field of battle! >:D

Response to N G A D M '15: Round of 16 2015-08-26 12:37:08

At 8/25/15 05:24 PM, bassfiddlejones wrote: I wonder if @gadogry will be around to give us some stats this year

Would love to, but I have been travelling and don't have much computer time...

Congrats on moving on to Round 2!

Response to N G A D M '15: Round of 16 2015-08-26 17:01:27

Holy shit I can't believe I made it! Another thing I can't believe is i'm up against @PirateCrab. Good luck man!

Response to N G A D M '15: Round of 16 2015-08-26 18:21:00

Congrats everyone who made it! I feel honored to have competed against all of you guys, you're all amazing musicians :D

Don't forget to check my music here in newgrounds! just click HERE

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '15: Round of 16 2015-08-27 01:24:06

At 8/25/15 10:42 PM, LucidShadowDreamer wrote:
@Step

I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I might as well. Is it okay if demolecule and I start working on a rejected idea from the first round of NGADM?

Curious about this as well; milling about several ideas right now and wondering if it would be better to totally abandon one or not.

Inspired by gadogry's previous stat listings, I tried some NGADM analysis too! If you're curious about this sort of stuff, you can read about it in my newspost here :P

Response to N G A D M '15: Round of 16 2015-08-27 07:57:45

At 8/27/15 01:24 AM, bassfiddlejones wrote:
At 8/25/15 10:42 PM, LucidShadowDreamer wrote:
@Step

I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I might as well. Is it okay if demolecule and I start working on a rejected idea from the first round of NGADM?
Curious about this as well; milling about several ideas right now and wondering if it would be better to totally abandon one or not.

This essentially falls under the "if you finish your Round X track, you can start your Round X+1 track during Round X" rule, really. I would be totally OK with it.

Thanks for those awesome stats @LunacyEcho. Turns out you're the highest scoring loser :o. If anyone doesn't think they can participate in this round then let me know so that LunacyEcho can take their place, if he wants to of course.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '15: Round of 16 2015-08-27 12:47:30

At 8/27/15 06:33 AM, LunacyEcho wrote: Inspired by gadogry's previous stat listings, I tried some NGADM analysis too! If you're curious about this sort of stuff, you can read about it in my newspost here :P

I'm the losingest winner, lol

Derp.

BBS Signature

At 8/27/15 06:33 AM, LunacyEcho wrote: Inspired by gadogry's previous stat listings, I tried some NGADM analysis too! If you're curious about this sort of stuff, you can read about it in my newspost here :P

The judges clearly have an INCREDIBLE bias for 2 member teams, seeing as they claimed the first, second and third spots, and nothing else.

I can think of literally no other explanation.

Come join music competitions on Chips Compo and hang on our Discord!

Good artists copy. Great artists get banned from the Audio Portal.

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '15: Round of 16 2015-08-27 15:28:26

At 8/27/15 03:18 PM, johnfn wrote:
The judges clearly have an INCREDIBLE bias for 2 member teams, seeing as they claimed the first, second and third spots, and nothing else.

I can think of literally no other explanation.

THANK YOU. You proved exactly what I had been trying to say last year.

I really think that two-member teams should have their own category. It's no longer a fair field if you're going two against one.