00:00
00:00

Airscape Art Contest, Ludum, Ottawa

9,387 Views | 28 Replies
Respond to this Topic

AirScape was one of the first HTML5 games on NG:

Since then, @sqiddster and @samulis have teamed up to make an awesome Sequel for Steam, Airscape: The Fall of Gravity.

We're celebrating the release with an Indie Fan Art Challenge! Create some fan art for Airscape, upload it by end of day August 30th (midnight, EST) and tag it with "airscape so we find it.

The best 10 fan arts will receive a Steam key for Airscape!

Ludum Dare

Ludum Dare 33 is this weekend! If you make a web game for Ludum Dare, share it on NG and tag it with "ludumdare33" as well as "ld33jam" or "ld33compo" and we'll include it in our NG collection. We accept Flash, Unity and HTML5 games. If you use Unity, try a WebGL export since less and less players have plugin support. If you use Flash, try our Flash Ads to make additional revenue (under API settings in your project details).

PAX Seattle

If you're at PAX next week, stop by the Behemoth booth and say hi to me, @Stamper and @DanPaladin!

Ottawa Animation Festival Screening

If you live in the Ottawa area, there's an NG screening on Thursday, September 17th at 9:15pm. I'll be there! More details.

Other News

Be sure to check out the Best of July if you missed that. Also thanks @RIVE for visiting the NG office this afternoon!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Airscape Art Contest, Ludum, Ottawa 2015-08-21 17:27:26

hello my name is rob

lel

BBS Signature

Response to Airscape Art Contest, Ludum, Ottawa 2015-08-21 17:34:45

Man, watching so many NG vets move on to Steam to make sequels to their games on here is so inspiring to see. I've noticed it the most in the past half a year or so.

Response to Airscape Art Contest, Ludum, Ottawa 2015-08-21 18:00:29

At 8/21/15 05:18 PM, TomFulp wrote: PAX Seattle

If you're at PAX next week, stop by the Behemoth booth and say hi to me, @Stamper and @DanPaladin!

Ottawa Animation Festival Screening

If you live in the Ottawa area, there's an NG screening on Thursday, September 17th at 9:15pm. I'll be there! More details.

GOD, they need a PAX locally. That screening sounds cool though, hopefully not TOO "out there" with what's on screen.

BBS Signature

Response to Airscape Art Contest, Ludum, Ottawa 2015-08-21 18:41:24

See you at PAX Tom! :-D

Great speedpaint opportunity! Here's my entry.

Response to Airscape Art Contest, Ludum, Ottawa 2015-08-21 19:29:52

I can't get the game to work and it's ending tomorrow!

Yare Yare Daze...

BBS Signature

At 8/21/15 07:29 PM, Blounty wrote: I can't get the game to work and it's ending tomorrow!

The art contest is really for The Fall of Gravity, not the classic version (which I believe is no longer working due to chrome messing with HTML5 stuffs). You can find gameplay footage here.

My Music - Virtual Instruments - About Me

Orchestral Composer, VI Developer

BBS Signature

Response to Airscape Art Contest, Ludum, Ottawa 2015-08-21 20:14:05

At 8/21/15 08:03 PM, samulis wrote:
At 8/21/15 07:29 PM, Blounty wrote: I can't get the game to work and it's ending tomorrow!
The art contest is really for The Fall of Gravity, not the classic version (which I believe is no longer working due to chrome messing with HTML5 stuffs). You can find gameplay footage here.

Hey thanks man!

Yare Yare Daze...

BBS Signature

Response to Airscape Art Contest, Ludum, Ottawa 2015-08-21 20:14:15

At 8/21/15 05:27 PM, Sequenced wrote: hello my name is rob

hi rob. Did you draw your daily dose of Airscape today?

A rather disgusting-looking git that should have been disposed of ages ago.

BBS Signature

Response to Airscape Art Contest, Ludum, Ottawa 2015-08-22 02:51:42

Jeez, I leave Newgrounds for a little bit and come back to Samulis helping put a game out on Steam. Awesome to hear.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Airscape Art Contest, Ludum, Ottawa 2015-08-22 02:59:38

Thanks again for having us!

Response to Airscape Art Contest, Ludum, Ottawa 2015-08-22 09:26:58

I hope we can get the whole idea tied together, uploading to newgrounds would be cool!

BACK TO WORK

up down flop around

Response to Airscape Art Contest, Ludum, Ottawa 2015-08-22 13:46:08

At 8/21/15 07:17 PM, ezekielxii wrote: Great speedpaint opportunity! Here's my entry.

Beautiful!

BBS Signature

Response to Airscape Art Contest, Ludum, Ottawa 2015-08-22 13:48:00

OMG what is wrong with me?! I was a week behind on the calendar. The deadline is August 30th! Would have been 28th but I'll be at PAX that weekend anyway so might as well give people that weekend.

BBS Signature

Response to Airscape Art Contest, Ludum, Ottawa 2015-08-22 13:49:19

At 8/21/15 08:03 PM, samulis wrote: The art contest is really for The Fall of Gravity, not the classic version (which I believe is no longer working due to chrome messing with HTML5 stuffs). You can find gameplay footage here.

What a bummer - and another reason I still cling to Flash :P

Is there any chance that it could be compiled in the latest version of Construct 2 to solve any issues?

BBS Signature

Response to Airscape Art Contest, Ludum, Ottawa 2015-08-22 14:10:55

We are IN for the Ludum Dare 33 !
I hope we will have fun with our game !

See Piti, our character for the contest :D

Seeya soon !

At 8/22/15 01:49 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 8/21/15 08:03 PM, samulis wrote: The art contest is really for The Fall of Gravity, not the classic version (which I believe is no longer working due to chrome messing with HTML5 stuffs). You can find gameplay footage here.
What a bummer - and another reason I still cling to Flash :P

Is there any chance that it could be compiled in the latest version of Construct 2 to solve any issues?

Yeah, I don't blame you. It's nice to see something like B still crisp and clean as ever, 15 years after it was put up. The main issue is just that HTML5 is growing and shifting around quite a bit, so compatibility will be an issue until everyone manages to really get the bugs worked out of all the systems and middleware that makes stuff like Airscape possible. One of the biggest issues we faced working towards a release for TFoG was actually just trying to get the middleware, chrome, and the actual engine to all play nicely with the (relatively) large size of the game.

Unfortunately @squiddster reports that the original project files have long since vanished from this earth. We spent a good bit of yesterday trying to figure out if there was a way to resurrect it. For anyone who wants to see what it was like, I know there's a let's play of it here among several others, but uh, it's not very graphically stunning, to put it nicely.

My Music - Virtual Instruments - About Me

Orchestral Composer, VI Developer

BBS Signature

Response to Airscape Art Contest, Ludum, Ottawa 2015-08-23 05:25:42

Nice to see so much news... and all this attention on indie projects (which is one of the things that make NG great, I think).

Well, if anyone is interested, we still have a contest running here too...

Response to Airscape Art Contest, Ludum, Ottawa 2015-08-23 09:53:20

At 8/22/15 01:46 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 8/21/15 07:17 PM, ezekielxii wrote: Great speedpaint opportunity! Here's my entry.
Beautiful!

And what about mine? lol

Artist/Musician/Game Developer

BE SURE TO FOLLOW ME AT http://manueltacoface.newgrounds.com/follow

Response to Airscape Art Contest, Ludum, Ottawa 2015-08-24 09:36:51

At 8/23/15 09:53 AM, Legodude2000 wrote:
At 8/22/15 01:46 PM, TomFulp wrote:
Beautiful!
And what about mine? lol

Also beautiful!

BBS Signature

Just finished my submission, had a lot of fun.

Response to Airscape Art Contest, Ludum, Ottawa 2015-08-25 06:48:08

Guys your artworks are awesome !

I'm so impressed !

Response to Airscape Art Contest, Ludum, Ottawa 2015-08-25 10:48:11

At 8/25/15 06:45 AM, Loki wrote: Oh damn! Tom in Canada! You should come by Montreal and have a few beers :)

(It's only 1hr away by car! and close to the border if you're driving from Philly to Ott!!)

Tempting... I'm gonna have the whole family with me... Probably more to do in Montreal if we hang around Canada for a few days.

BBS Signature

Response to Airscape Art Contest, Ludum, Ottawa 2015-08-26 01:04:44

We made this super experimental game for Ludum Dare that I'm not sure whether to upload, just because you need two people, a computer and Android phone to play it, but here it is if anyone's curious!

http://ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-33/?action=preview&uid=11521

Response to Airscape Art Contest, Ludum, Ottawa 2015-08-31 00:51:19

I had a busy weekend and didn't get a chance to work on anything for the Airscape art contest :(
I hope that this low turnout doesn't deter you from doing more of these contests in the future!

I might try to work on a piece for the game sometime soon anyways, just because it seems like it would be fun to draw.

GAH!

BBS Signature

Response to Airscape Art Contest, Ludum, Ottawa 2015-09-03 15:22:26

At 8/31/15 12:51 AM, Noodle wrote: I had a busy weekend and didn't get a chance to work on anything for the Airscape art contest :(
I hope that this low turnout doesn't deter you from doing more of these contests in the future!

It's the thought that counts! I know how much fan art means to people so I really want to keep these going no matter what.

BBS Signature