00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

N G A D M '15: Group Stages

25,692 Views | 421 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-22 23:37:20

At 8/22/15 06:53 PM, PeterSatera wrote: ah cool. i'll delete my post.

It's cool, man. Camo just always makes a bigass news post which compiles literally every single round into one place, with links to everything. He posted it uh... four? Five pages ago?

Stuff.

My AIM piece is found if you clicky the image.

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-23 01:13:06

I appreciate the tenacity, Peter!

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-23 06:45:31

At 8/23/15 01:13 AM, Jacob wrote:
I appreciate the tenacity, Peter!

Thanks! What a waste of an hour though going through all the pages. Lol
just because I could join this year, (holiday) wanted to do something for it. However camo's list is pretty much What i did. Hah

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-23 10:42:43

At 8/23/15 06:45 AM, PeterSatera wrote: Thanks! What a waste of an hour though going through all the pages.
just because I could join this year, (holiday) wanted to do something for it.

Still, it's appreciated. It's great to see the dedication that users have to the community, even without obligation. Especially the busier, more popular users.
You're a cool cat.

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-23 12:13:43

Is it Tuesday yet? >_<

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-23 12:23:26

At 8/23/15 12:13 PM, bassfiddlejones wrote: Is it Tuesday yet? >_<

Yes! Oh, wait--no. My bad. Silly time, slowing way down just so we have to agonize over the impending results...

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-23 14:34:00

At 8/23/15 12:23 PM, ChronoNomad wrote:
At 8/23/15 12:13 PM, bassfiddlejones wrote: Is it Tuesday yet? >_<
Yes! Oh, wait--no. My bad. Silly time, slowing way down just so we have to agonize over the impending results...

And I thought judging this contest was a bear... ( I feel for you judges!) it's a lot of tedious work to review and score all this music, but I don't know if it's worse than waiting for the scores!

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-23 18:50:04

Sorry everyone! Just went through a bad breakup and got a new job and everything. I would've liked to participate but life be weird with it's ups and downs yo

Sorry again! I hope I didn't cause much issue being absent. :(

~ My soundcloud! ~ Venus ~ hi i like liquor

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-23 21:53:28

Is anyone taking advantage of this time to work on a new track?

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-23 21:59:16

At 8/23/15 09:53 PM, bassfiddlejones wrote: Is anyone taking advantage of this time to work on a new track?

nope. cbf!

p.s. i am gay

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-23 21:59:37

At 8/23/15 09:53 PM, bassfiddlejones wrote: Is anyone taking advantage of this time to work on a new track?

HA. No.

But you know...I wish I was

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-23 22:07:15

At 8/23/15 06:50 PM, Kor-Rune wrote: Sorry everyone! Just went through a bad breakup and got a new job and everything. I would've liked to participate but life be weird with it's ups and downs yo

Sorry again! I hope I didn't cause much issue being absent. :(

Hey, man! It's fine, don't worry about it. :)

Life comes first, right?

yes, yessssss, let the best competition drop out due to 'life issues'...

Stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-23 22:17:07

At 8/23/15 09:59 PM, midimachine wrote: cbf!

Thank you urban dictionary. When you know you're getting old on the internet.

Also I have done nothing x_x

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-24 00:02:50

I may have started working on a little something, actually...

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-24 05:41:03

At 8/23/15 10:42 AM, Jacob wrote:
At 8/23/15 06:45 AM, PeterSatera wrote: Thanks! What a waste of an hour though going through all the pages.
just because I couldn't join this year, (holiday) wanted to do something for it.
Still, it's appreciated. It's great to see the dedication that users have to the community, even without obligation. Especially the busier, more popular users.
You're a cool cat.

Thanks Jacob! I appreciate your comments! I've been wanting to produce along side the NGADM, and would have judged this year if it wasn't for the large absence and lack of internet for two weeks in October. From what Ive listened to Ive been very impressed, the judges don't have it easy!

BBS Signature

At 8/23/15 10:17 PM, bassfiddlejones wrote:
At 8/23/15 09:59 PM, midimachine wrote: cbf!
Thank you urban dictionary. When you know you're getting old on the internet.

I didn't know what CBF meant either... Come on, I can't be THAT old.

hey man, you uh you got something on your face right there, lemme just... ok, there we go, MUCH better, you are looking GOOD AS NEW

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-24 08:15:20

So who's ready for an F5 festival tomorrow?

hey man, you uh you got something on your face right there, lemme just... ok, there we go, MUCH better, you are looking GOOD AS NEW

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-24 08:32:12

At 8/24/15 06:00 AM, Lich wrote:
Nope, I have plenty of other things to get on with including an album to finish off and some general studying for work haha.

I kind of thought though that contestants should only be working on contest pieces when the round is still active and going and not actively through the judging phase?

From Step's news post:

"4.) If you finish a round's track early, you may start another one which you can use for the following round, assuming you make it through."

And:

"Can I work on music for the contest before the contest starts?

No, every track has to be made within the 2-week period of the round it is in. However, if you finish your round track early, we permit starting to work on your next round's track."

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-24 10:38:17

At 8/24/15 10:13 AM, jaysummers759885 wrote: When do I know when my group is starting to compete?

You can begin working on the second round's track as soon as you want. If you don't make it - you've still got a neat track in the works.

As for when the next round's contestants will be announced: Tomorrow! As for when tomorrow... who knows! But the judging period ends tomorrow, and Step said the results could be posted at any point during the day. You should be sent a PM if you're moving on, but check up on the forum just in case.

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-25 06:48:22

Dammm today.

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-25 11:25:46

At 8/25/15 09:51 AM, dem0lecule wrote: Tick, tock, TICK, TOCK.

TICK TOCK GOES THE GOCK

TOCK TOCK TOCK TOCK

Sig Links. Links in Sig. I dunno.

"making a piece of music is kinda like raising a kid (only a lot easier, lol)" - Skye [Winter] 11:28 PM <- Skype? hell yeah.

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-25 11:46:29

RELEASE THE COONS.

Stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-25 11:51:36

At 8/25/15 11:46 AM, SkyeWint wrote: RELEASE THE COONS.

COOOOOOONNNNSSS

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-25 12:04:21

At 8/25/15 11:46 AM, SkyeWint wrote: RELEASE THE COONS.

You called?

Google Maine Coons to see some ridiculously huge kitties.

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-25 12:35:30

I am ridiculously ahead of schedule. Even if I manage to get through these group stages, the next track I've been working on is almost finished haha. So unlike me but FUCK YEAH FOR INSPIRATION!

Gawd dammit sheesh

Pirates WILL rule one day...

HIT ME UP BITCHES. Piratecrab's Soundcloud| Piratecrab's Youtube

At 8/25/15 12:35 PM, PirateCrab wrote: I am ridiculously ahead of schedule. Even if I manage to get through these group stages, the next track I've been working on is almost finished haha. So unlike me but FUCK YEAH FOR INSPIRATION!

Saaaaame.
Well, actually I haven't recorded anything at all. But I usually record, mix, and produce on the same day, after mulling things over and practicing and crafting the lyrics and whatnot.

I've got the structure of my song set, chord progressions pretty solid, melodies ready, and most of the rough lyrics completed. Now I just have to finalize the lyrics, record the necessary instrumentation, then spritz it up a bit.

I don't really expect to move on to the next round, but it's really nice to have something to push me forward.

Loved your last track, by the way. It's one of the most played songs in my NGADM playlist.

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-25 13:56:33

I find that I write best on the fly. I'll let an idea stew in my head for a week or two, but when it really comes down to it, it's not until I start recording that things actually crystalize...and the song always morphs almost out of my control...

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-25 14:32:41

At 8/25/15 01:56 PM, Ceevro wrote: I find that I write best on the fly. I'll let an idea stew in my head for a week or two, but when it really comes down to it, it's not until I start recording that things actually crystalize...and the song always morphs almost out of my control...

I start with an idea, and then develop structure; then I hit certain points of the process that completely deviate from that form and turn into something else. The final product is always pretty neat to understand that it came from several "AHA I CAN DO THIS INSTEAD" moments and helps monotony not be a thing.

Sig Links. Links in Sig. I dunno.

"making a piece of music is kinda like raising a kid (only a lot easier, lol)" - Skye [Winter] 11:28 PM <- Skype? hell yeah.

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-25 15:23:33

At 8/25/15 02:32 PM, Nimble wrote:
I start with an idea, and then develop structure; then I hit certain points of the process that completely deviate from that form and turn into something else. The final product is always pretty neat to understand that it came from several "AHA I CAN DO THIS INSTEAD" moments and helps monotony not be a thing.

I just put samples together :D All samples all the time, put max reverb and bam

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-25 15:27:38

Thanks man that's awesome to hear, glad to hear it's been received so well considering I wrecked my fingers writing the melodies and solos haha!

I know what you mean though. You draft it all in, get a good gist of the direction it's going and then improve it from there, that's how I normally work.

What I mean is I've wrote my next track fully literally in about 2 days. All I'm adding now is the solos, melodies, spicing it up and it's done. This is seriously fucking rare for me normally it takes me about a month to do anything haha!

At 8/25/15 01:31 PM, Jacob wrote: Saaaaame.
Well, actually I haven't recorded anything at all. But I usually record, mix, and produce on the same day, after mulling things over and practicing and crafting the lyrics and whatnot.

I've got the structure of my song set, chord progressions pretty solid, melodies ready, and most of the rough lyrics completed. Now I just have to finalize the lyrics, record the necessary instrumentation, then spritz it up a bit.

I don't really expect to move on to the next round, but it's really nice to have something to push me forward.

Loved your last track, by the way. It's one of the most played songs in my NGADM playlist.

Gawd dammit sheesh

Pirates WILL rule one day...

HIT ME UP BITCHES. Piratecrab's Soundcloud| Piratecrab's Youtube