00:00
00:00

N G A D M '15: Group Stages

21,590 Views | 424 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-04 22:04:44

Why hello there! You've stumbled upon the first round of the Newgrounds Audio Deathmatch 2015 - Group Stages! You submitted a whole bunch of great songs, and 142 auditions, 6 judges, and 5 days later, we have the results! Before we get started, check out THIS newspost for the latest NGADM rules, prizes, FAQs, and dates.

Out of the 142 auditions, our esteemed panel of judges narrowed it down to 64 final contestants who will be taking out in the knockout contest. Big thanks to @MetalRenard, @Geoplex, @stunkel, @Neon-Bard, @Echo and @Step for undertaking this massive task. Despite a slightly lower turnout in number of auditions than usual, the quality was definitely higher than previous years, which made it no less difficult for us to decide on the final competitors.

Enough rambling. Here's the list of people who will be taking part in the competition, split into 16 groups of 4!

GROUP A

- PirateCrab
- Metallica1136
- InYourDreams
- Marterro

GROUP B

- Athanatos
- aliaspharow
- Pandasticality
- Voltus

GROUP C

- Kor-Rune
- frootza
- ForeverBound
- johnfn

GROUP D

- LunacyEcho
- SoundChris + JacobCadmus
- JustinOfSuburbia
- Jabicho

GROUP E

- SolarexMusic
- eatmeatleet
- SkyeWint
- Tyven

GROUP F

- Braiton
- thebitterroost
- Crueldeity
- FarCryDX

GROUP G

- Birdinator99
- Chemiqals
- lordedri
- midimachine

GROUP H

- Lich
- Sequenced
- DjAbbic
- Jimmypig

GROUP I

- Jacob
- TheMoebiusProject
- Ceevro
- NyxTheShield

GROUP J

- AeronMusic
- Yahtzei
- nubbinownz
- Azhthar

GROUP K

- Stadler
- BlazingDragon
- adieuwinter
- IglicaV

GROUP L

- LunyAlex
- bassfiddlejones + joshgawaldomusic
- DL2Electron
- Phonometrologist

GROUP M

- camoshark
- ChronoNomad
- SilverPoyozo
- Nimble

GROUP N

- jaysummers759885
- Mawnz
- EliteFerrex
- Analogstik

GROUP O

- larrynachos
- SourJovis
- JDawg00100
- DivoFST

GROUP P

- papkee
- LiquidOoze
- DSykMusic
- dem0lecule + LucidShadowDreamer

If you're in one of these groups, then congrats. You have a tough two weeks ahead of you. You have until the 18th of August to make a totally new and original track from scratch. Your track will then be judged against the tracks made by every other contestant in your group and the top-scoring contestant from each group will make it through to the next round. If you didn't make it, then that's too bad! As we say every year, it's very difficult to make it in and tons of talented people don't make it through because of how harsh we have to be. Don't let it put you down!

A couple more things before I wrap this up: if you're part of the top 64 and, for whatever reason, you just found out you can't make a song for this round, then let us know! We can get a replacement from the auditions to take your place. We're also looking for backup judges. Every year, we end up needing backup judges to take over a round or two of judging when a main judge tells me s/he can't judge for the round. If you think you've got what it takes (and, needless to say, you're not part of the top 64), then drop me a line via Newgrounds PM.

I would also like to extend huge thanks to @Rhunyc for the logo you see below. Be sure to follow him for more badass artwork.

And that just about does it! Good luck to all the people who made it through.

N G A D M '15: Group Stages

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-04 22:12:16

Awww, maybe next year. Congrats to the people who made it!

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-04 22:15:20

Whoo! We made it, @dem0lecule!!!

Now, we won't have much time, and I'll be busy this first week. But let's make something totally amazing ;)

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-04 22:15:48

GAAA! I'm in yet ANOTHER? Dammit, @Step! How do you expect me to get singalongs done now?

*tears out clumps of hair*

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-04 22:22:19

Whoah, I just took a look at the groups. Very interesting choices....

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-04 22:23:32

Phew. I forgot how tiring it is to send hundreds of PMs in a couple of minutes.

Good luck once again to everyone. If you've got any questions, comments, suggestions, death threats, confessions of your undying love, amusing anecdotes, or just want to talk, send a PM over to me or Echo!

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Any news on who the judges are? :P

EDIT: I AM STUPID

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-04 22:28:02

At 8/4/15 10:26 PM, LunacyEcho wrote: Any news on who the judges are? :P

Read the opening post! Second paragraph.

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-04 22:29:15

Very humbling stuff! These match-ups are intense, and all I see are the names of ridiculously talented Newgrounders. This is gonna be good.

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-04 22:30:03

Damn! X3 I'll give it a shot next year again... Congratulations to all who made it! :D I'll keep my ear on the contest.

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-04 22:31:12

At 8/4/15 10:26 PM, LunacyEcho wrote: Any news on who the judges are? :P

EDIT: I AM STUPID

Derp. :P

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! I'm on Youtube. Veteran REAPER user. Production Director on NGAP15 - ask me for anything you need.

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-04 22:31:12

I MADE IT IN! OH MY GOD!!!

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-04 22:32:49

Oh wow I actually made it in, I'm half excited and half terrified

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-04 22:33:09

A group of four lyricists? My only edge is gooooone!
There are a lot of talented people on this list, my group included. This is going to be a blast to follow, even if I don't make it past the starting line.
Congratulations to the contestants, and good luck to everyone!

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-04 22:35:07

Lol I bet an emo song is going to win like last year.

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-04 22:35:30

At 8/4/15 10:23 PM, Step wrote:
Good luck once again to everyone. If you've got any questions, comments, suggestions, death threats, confessions of your undying love, amusing anecdotes, or just want to talk, send a PM over to me or Echo!

Ummm.... I would like to sign a confession of undying love, to all the great judges who have been, and will be working hard to make this competition not only as fun, but as fair as possible :)
So thanks a lot, including the main organizers as well, ofc ;)

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-04 22:37:40

At 8/4/15 10:35 PM, dem0lecule wrote:
At 8/4/15 10:31 PM, larrynachos wrote: I MADE IT IN! OH MY GOD!!!
WE MADE IT! *cries*

I'm so glad you and LSD made it in! You guys better kick the crap out of everyone else in your group. See you at the finals :3

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-04 22:38:22

Congratulations dude ;)
If me and dem0 somehow beat LO and you make it past this round, prepare to potentially face us later, hehhe >:D

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-04 22:40:53

At 8/4/15 10:38 PM, LucidShadowDreamer wrote:
Congratulations dude ;)
If me and dem0 somehow beat LO and you make it past this round, prepare to potentially face us later, hehhe >:D

Looking forward to getting squashed by you guys. Good luck!

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-04 22:44:29

At 8/4/15 10:32 PM, JDawg00100 wrote: Oh wow I actually made it in, I'm half excited and half terrified

Dammit, why do I have to face off against you? Your audition entry was one of my favorites ;-;

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-04 22:48:27

hahah get fucked @Lich

lel

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-04 22:49:15

No way I'll be able to pull off cinematic styling at the level of @Stadler or @IglicaV, nor will I be able to mix with the skill of @adieuwinter. This is going to be hellishly competitive.

But memorable themes and audacious harmonies have I in abundance. Hopefully these will offer me a fighting chance.

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-04 22:50:46

I'm up against an old friend, a role model, and an active member of the community.

I'm absolutely humbled to be in the group I am this year.

Good luck @camoshark @SilverPoyozo @ChronoNomad this will be well fought.

Sig Links. Links in Sig. I dunno.

"making a piece of music is kinda like raising a kid (only a lot easier, lol)" - Skye [Winter] 11:28 PM <- Skype? hell yeah.

BBS Signature

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-04 22:51:44

NOPE!

Didn't make it. Well, I didn't exactly expect to make it anyway.

It's funny, because I had a whole reply planned in my head in case I actually did make it XD like that would happen!

@Step, was I close? Oh, it says that if I ask politely I might get some reviews...

Well I guess congrats to those who did win, and I'm gonna try again next year and get the same exact failures I did this year. Maybe I'll have more luck in NGAUC...

Well, I'll be sure to follow these threads very closely, seeing as the quality of music that comes out of here is quite astounding...

But for now, I'm out.

hey man, you uh you got something on your face right there, lemme just... ok, there we go, MUCH better, you are looking GOOD AS NEW

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-04 22:52:37

At 8/4/15 10:15 PM, Ceevro wrote: GAAA! I'm in yet ANOTHER? Dammit, @Step! How do you expect me to get singalongs done now?

You know what's funnier?? We are in the same group hahahahaha

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-04 22:58:04

At 8/4/15 10:49 PM, BlazingDragon wrote: No way I'll be able to pull off cinematic styling at the level of @Stadler or @IglicaV, nor will I be able to mix with the skill of @adieuwinter. This is going to be hellishly competitive.

But memorable themes and audacious harmonies have I in abundance. Hopefully these will offer me a fighting chance.

That's so kind of you, but to be frank I'm both terrified and insanely pumped to be part of this.
Good luck!

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-04 23:00:26

I guess I;m just not cut out to make it this this time :/ I'll be back!

Virtual Heaven!

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-04 23:00:58

At 8/4/15 10:52 PM, NyxTheShield wrote:
At 8/4/15 10:15 PM, Ceevro wrote: GAAA! I'm in yet ANOTHER? Dammit, @Step! How do you expect me to get singalongs done now?

You know what's funnier?? We are in the same group hahahahaha

Glad to see ya again! Let's...uh...FIGHT TO THE DEATH!!!

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-04 23:02:22

At 8/4/15 10:44 PM, larrynachos wrote:
At 8/4/15 10:32 PM, JDawg00100 wrote: Oh wow I actually made it in, I'm half excited and half terrified
Dammit, why do I have to face off against you? Your audition entry was one of my favorites ;-;

Well I thought your entry was awesome as well, good luck in the next round! Make something awesome!

Response to N G A D M '15: Group Stages 2015-08-04 23:06:54

At 8/4/15 11:02 PM, JDawg00100 wrote:
At 8/4/15 10:44 PM, larrynachos wrote:
Well I thought your entry was awesome as well, good luck in the next round! Make something awesome!

Thanks dude! You'd better make something great as well. Don't disappoint me!