00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

Robot Day & Deception Jam Winners

17,300 Views | 27 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Today is Robot Day on NG and we're celebrating with movies, games, art, music and stories themed around ROBOTS. Everyone is invited to make something and participate! Tag your work with robotday2015.

The site skin is from Angry Face Luminint Robot by ScepterDPinoy and the front page promo banner was made from The Tale of X9 by Paxilon.

DECEPTION JAM WINNERS

We recently partnered with Scirra to host a Construct 2 Deception Jam here on NG. Construct 2 is game making software for Windows that allows you to create games without prior programming experience, then deploy them to the web as HTML5, or to Wii U, iOS, Android, Windows, Mac and more!

I played through all the entries and organized a list of finalists, from which Scirra determined the final winners. Here are the winners, along with my notes:

1st Place - Xbox One, a Game, Scirra swag, Business License and flying monkey
There Is No Game

I loved this entire experience. Worked great on my phone, as well.

2nd - 5th - Construct 2 Business LIcense & Scirra swag

Short but cool. The time freezing mechanics are a nice touch.

I liked figuring out how to trick the guards. Would like a 2X speed option or quicker step between blocks.

A solid run 'n gun with juicy bullets and a silly twist. Thoroughly enjoyed.

A pet sim with a twist! I enjoyed the art and story, although I'll admit I wanted even more to happen at the end.

Runner Ups - $10 Scirra store voucher

A charming platformer.

The concept has been done before but so have plenty of concepts! It's fun to find out what is good and what is bad, solid platformer.

Fun concept with your buttons being switched around as you play. Try binary code difficulty!

Cute and original, I enjoyed playing through the whole thing.

Short and difficult without checkpoints but very well done and left me wanting more.

Very well put together and the highway to hell provides a good challenge.

Oozes style and the holographic decoy is a fun mechanic. Very hard but fun to play, especially with gamepad.

Funny game, I imagine the Oscars red carpet is kinda like this. Played well on my iPhone although there wasn't any sound and the browser header wouldn't go away, pushing the game off the screen a little. Anyone have tips on how to make that go away?

Nice graphics, fun concept, nicely polished.

Help a mouse escape the lab. Really difficult but I like what it's trying to do.

An extremely clever game where you bend the facts to get to your goal. Very unique!

Ambitious game, could use some tightening up but appreciate what it's doing.

An adorable fox with a dark side. I like how the lunge mechanic both serves you and can work against you if you aren't careful.

Fun progression where you can turn the tide on the enemies who were so threatening during daylight.

Nice style, gets pretty hard as you go and I started yearning for the levels to open up more.

Plastic Carrot Winner

Great graphics and sound in both the shooter and platforming levels. Very ambitious!

Thank you everyone who participated in the Deception Jam! You will be contacted by Scirra about your prizes.

After Robot Day wraps up I'll be announcing a new Indie Game Fan Art contest and am planning to launch another game jam soon as well. Take some time this weekend to enjoy the Deception Jam and Robot Day entries!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Robot Day & Deception Jam Winners 2015-07-10 12:02:23

Congratulations to the winners. There were some really cool submissions.

Response to Robot Day & Deception Jam Winners 2015-07-10 12:21:03

Congratulations to all the winners!
I played some of the games, and like most people, I especially enjoyed playing the winning game :3

Also...

Happy Robot Day, everyone!
Hope you're all having a good day :)

I even composed something pretty neat for this day :D

Response to Robot Day & Deception Jam Winners 2015-07-10 12:21:25

Awwwww yeeeeeahh! Thanks Tom and the guys at Scirra! I will make sure I use that voucher for good. Maybe a little for evil. Congrats to everyone who won!

I hadn't actually tried it on an iPhone but thanks for pointing that out about the header and the offscreen problem. How did you get it to work through HTML5 on your iPhone by the way? Because I couldn't seem to get it to work on my Android phone.

Response to Robot Day & Deception Jam Winners 2015-07-10 12:28:43

At 7/10/15 12:21 PM, StomachBug wrote: Awwwww yeeeeeahh! Thanks Tom and the guys at Scirra! I will make sure I use that voucher for good. Maybe a little for evil. Congrats to everyone who won!

I hadn't actually tried it on an iPhone but thanks for pointing that out about the header and the offscreen problem. How did you get it to work through HTML5 on your iPhone by the way? Because I couldn't seem to get it to work on my Android phone.

Have you tried recently? Some of the games never checked the box for "touch friendly", so they were disabled on phones by default and I had to manually enable and test them. It's possible it will run on Android now... Otherwise the Android browser must do something different than the iOS browser.

BBS Signature

Response to Robot Day & Deception Jam Winners 2015-07-10 12:28:54

Congratulations to the winners. Very nice work.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Congratulations to the winners!

Listen my track for Robot Day.
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/633009

Response to Robot Day & Deception Jam Winners 2015-07-10 13:44:07

Happy robot days guys!

Take a look at what I composed for the occasion :)

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Robot Day & Deception Jam Winners 2015-07-10 15:15:46

Happy Robot Day Newgrounds!

Robot Day & Deception Jam Winners

Check out my work at MysticSkillz

BBS Signature

Response to Robot Day & Deception Jam Winners 2015-07-10 15:44:35

Congrats to the winners! As a contest we entrant, I just wanted to ask: Will the other entries get reviewed as well, like last year?

Response to Robot Day & Deception Jam Winners 2015-07-10 16:52:16

Holly shit I can't believe I won something with my second game ever :)) Congrats to all the participants, I've played some great "deceptive" games and I learned a lot from this competition. Now let's prepare for the next gamejam :D

"Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll." Shigeru Miyamoto

Response to Robot Day & Deception Jam Winners 2015-07-10 17:36:09

Congrats to the winners! Those really look like some fun entries :)

Also feel free to check out what I made for Robot Day!

loading: ...\root\project\Forgotten_Dawn\art\sig.gif

BBS Signature

Response to Robot Day & Deception Jam Winners 2015-07-10 19:02:01

Congrats to all Deception Jam winners and happy Robot Day to everyone.
Here is my contribution, I hope you enjoy it :

______________________________________________________( ? )_____________________________________________________

BBS Signature

Response to Robot Day & Deception Jam Winners 2015-07-10 20:07:36

Aw man, I was looking at the OLD Robot day post and thought it was on the 18th this year. Maybe I still have time to make something

Response to Robot Day & Deception Jam Winners 2015-07-10 21:03:35

congrats to everyone. happy robot day!

BBS Signature

Response to Robot Day & Deception Jam Winners 2015-07-10 21:47:36

Happy Robot Day everyone! My thing for Robot Day (also for a game project :P)

Ta-da!!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Robot Day & Deception Jam Winners 2015-07-10 22:01:45

Congrats!

Response to Robot Day & Deception Jam Winners 2015-07-10 22:11:13

HAPPY MINDCHAMBER DAY!!!!!!
There is a little hidden correlation between my 4 Robot Day pictures. Can you put the pieces together?

"There is no game" was brilliant. If you haven't played it, you NEED to.

"A reward is it's own reward." - Killgar

Response to Robot Day & Deception Jam Winners 2015-07-11 00:40:36

congrats, those are some sexy phat prizes

Response to Robot Day & Deception Jam Winners 2015-07-11 06:38:24

At 7/10/15 11:54 AM, TomFulp wrote: After Robot Day wraps up I'll be announcing a new Indie Game Fan Art contest and am planning to launch another game jam soon as well. Take some time this weekend to enjoy the Deception Jam and Robot Day entries!

Indie game fan-art contest? This is pretty nice...

Here's my RD entry, last year it came out better but... enjoy!

Response to Robot Day & Deception Jam Winners 2015-07-11 07:55:18

Congrats to the winners! Awesome stuff guys :)

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."

-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature

Response to Robot Day & Deception Jam Winners 2015-07-11 08:44:23

At 7/11/15 05:07 AM, Loki wrote: Pictures of the said Plastic Carrot, pls.

And "the legendary flying monkey" :))

"Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll." Shigeru Miyamoto

Response to Robot Day & Deception Jam Winners 2015-07-11 11:18:51

Happy Robot Day everyone, and thanks for the front page WOOO

Response to Robot Day & Deception Jam Winners 2015-07-11 12:22:27

I wish I did something for robot day but whatevs

Working on: Etehfowr Against

click profile to learn more.

BBS Signature

Response to Robot Day & Deception Jam Winners 2015-07-12 08:32:49

Congratulations to all winners!

Response to Robot Day & Deception Jam Winners 2015-07-13 12:05:58

Some of the frontpaged robot day entries came after mine, so does that mean that I am bad? :)

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Robot Day & Deception Jam Winners 2015-07-13 13:07:19

At 7/13/15 12:05 PM, Deshiel wrote: Some of the frontpaged robot day entries came after mine, so does that mean that I am bad? :)

Sorry, I had updated later in the day to try and give FP to some other entries... I should re-evaluate now!

BBS Signature

Response to Robot Day & Deception Jam Winners 2015-07-15 19:05:46

OH NO, I FORGET SUBMIT THE GAME,well i can submit in the robot day 2016 A LONG TIME