00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

Oakwood's Audio Log

2,031 Views | 16 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

get the title? oakwood, wood, log...forget it

Well, since I've just submitted my newest track and also passed the 5,000 post mark, I figured I might as well create one of these godforsaken advertisement threads. I'll use this thread as portfolio of any new audio I upload on Newgrounds, or any WIPs I upload to Instaudio. Mostly the latter. I'm a man of many WIPs.

So, who the fuck are you?
I'm LiquidOoze, but I've been using the artist name Oakwood since I was 17 or something. I'm 21 years old, Dutch, go to college, party pretty hard and regret it even harder. Sometimes when I'm drunk I go online and talk shit on these forums, which has, mostly due to @Step, earned me the nickname LiquidBooze (or Booze, for short).

Okay, and what the fuck are you doing here?
I came to Newgrounds originally looking for Flash tutorials, because I was animating for fun at the time. When I noticed there was an Audio Portal that provided music for other people's animations, I figured it would be cool to create some music for my own animations. My 14-year-old brain had no musical knowledge in it whatsoever, so I downloaded the first tool I could find, which was ModPlug Tracker. With this, I created my first upload to Newgrounds, Shooting Trouble (no link on purpose because you absolutely don't want to hear it). After creating some more stuff because I liked it, I noticed a lot people on here used FL Studio, so I started using that instead. And I still am, rocking FL Studio 12 Signature Edition nowadays. Apart from that I use NI Massive and a lot of stock plug-ins and free third-party plug-ins (I like free stuff).
Other than creating music for fun, I write constructive reviews for people and help other audio artists out if I can. Also, fun fact: I used to be insanely addicted to medal games on Newgrounds, but I got over it.

Ever accomplished anything on here?
Yes I have! I have 2 Flash Portal awards, one for parttaking in The Kirby Collab with 2 animated skits, and another one for creating the music for Proper Raptors, the winning animation in the January 2011 Movie Jam tournament.
Other than that, I have been among the winners in 3 Newgrounds competitions:
Bang-O-Rang was, after a lot of tries, my first fully completed Dubstep track, and with it I came in 2nd in the Madness Day Audio Contest in 2011;
Black Keys is a song I created for the Represent A Country contest hosted by @NeonProject in 2012, which got me 3rd place;
Get Scraped was my submission for the Robot Day 2013 Audio Contest, which I actually won.
Another notable submission of mine is Ravers in the Nation, which is by far my most popular Newgrounds submission to date, all because it was used in the credits roll of Proper Raptors.

Do you do anything else on here?
For not so long I have been parttaking in the Singalongs hosted by @Ceevro, mainly because it was a fun idea and I enjoyed doing something other than producing. I have also created a playlist called Hidden Audio Gems, which contains handpicked audio submissions that are of great quality but sadly passed the radar. I might dedicate a seperate thread to this playlist when it has grown a bit more.

Who Inspire you?
Most of my inspiration comes from the EDM scene outside of Newgrounds, but I also have a lot of Newgrounds artists that have had an influence on my productions. To name some: @Sequenced, @F-777, @Envy, @AeronMusic, @aliaspharow, @Lich and (yes, even him) @TheBetterAudioPortal.

Anything else?
I have a SoundCloud account you should follow if you want to here some of the remixes I make. I strongly recommend listening to my take on Kensington - Streets, because it is the most popular track I EVER made, even though I never actively advertised it.
I also have a Facebook page which you should definately like. On there I not only talk about my music, but I also criticize other people's music and talk about my college life, including (but not limited to) drunk stories.
Also, here's a list of the equipment I use:
- Sennheiser HD280 Pro headphones
- Roland Cakewalk A500-PRO MIDI keyboard
- Focusrite Scarlett Solo audio interface
- Shure PG48 dynamic microphone

That's about it! Make sure to follow me on Newgrounds, check out my NG audio page and stay awesome!

Link to my latest submission:

Oh, and here's a picture of my 'studio' in my 9m2 dormatory.

Oakwood's Audio Log

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to Oakwood's Audio Log 2015-07-09 19:54:31

At 7/9/15 07:20 PM, LiquidOoze wrote:
get the title? oakwood, wood, log...forget it
Well, since I've just submitted my newest track and also passed the 5,000 post mark.

I will never get there lol

:I'm a man of many WIPs.

Oh my god we have so much in common! :D

I'm 21 years old, Dutch, go to college, party pretty hard and regret it even harder. Sometimes when I'm drunk I go online and talk shit on these forums, which has, mostly due to @Step, earned me the nickname LiquidBooze (or Booze, for short).

Lol I've noticed thoes and I find them completely hilarious

rocking FL Studio 12 Signature Edition nowadays.

That fucking exists? o-o

:Apart from that I use NI Massive and a lot of stock plug-ins and free third-party plug-ins (I like free stuff).

I use Sylenth and Serum myself... I need to get the patience to learn massive...

I used to be insanely addicted to medal games on Newgrounds, but I got over it.

lol i find that mildly amusing.

Ever accomplished anything on here?

Holly fuck dude... I just got third place in the NGADM... I did beat F-777, invisible observer and DJ-Nate that year tho so I was pretty proud :3

Who Inspire you?
Most of my inspiration comes from the EDM scene outside of Newgrounds, but I also have a lot of Newgrounds artists that have had an influence on my productions. To name some: @Sequenced, @F-777, @Envy, @AeronMusic, @aliaspharow, @Lich and (yes, even him) @TheBetterAudioPortal.

Senpai noticed me :D lol I was actually super flattered that you put me in here... For a long time I didn't think I was good enough to inspire a review let alone someone to start making music. And you're music is actually really good!

I have a SoundCloud

Followed

I strongly recommend listening to my take on Kensington - Streets

Consider it done and commented on

I also have a Facebook page which you should definately like. On there I not only talk about my music, but I also criticize other people's music and talk about my college life, including (but not limited to) drunk stories.

That sounds actually pretty interesting, will definitly check out!

Also, here's a list of the equipment I use:
- Sennheiser HD280 Pro headphones

I have thoes :3 but I use V-Moda LPs right now (too much bass to be references tbh)
I do have my trusty Behringer B1030A's tho

- Roland Cakewalk A500-PRO MIDI keyboard

I just have a mouse and laptop :(

- Focusrite Scarlett Solo audio interface

ASIO4ALL v2 count? xD

- Shure PG48 dynamic microphone

If i yell into my guitar loud enough my amp picks it up c:

Awesome to hear about you sir Oakwood! I am honored to have inspired you! I will stay tuned

Response to Oakwood's Audio Log 2015-07-10 02:50:39

Who the hell are you again?

Response to Oakwood's Audio Log 2015-07-10 09:00:43

At 7/9/15 07:54 PM, aliaspharow wrote: Senpai noticed me :D lol I was actually super flattered that you put me in here... For a long time I didn't think I was good enough to inspire a review let alone someone to start making music. And you're music is actually really good!

Yeah man, you were the first artist I found on here that actually produced the kind of progressive house I liked! Thanks for the follows and the comments :)

At 7/10/15 02:50 AM, Ceevro wrote: Who the hell are you again?

Nobody knows me :(

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to Oakwood's Audio Log 2015-07-10 09:23:27

At 7/10/15 02:50 AM, Ceevro wrote: Who the hell are you again?
Nobody knows me :(

I remember you. You were my first opponent all those years ago in an Audio Deathmatch. And of course, we've been on quite frequently ever since. Looking forward to seeing more in this thread.

Response to Oakwood's Audio Log 2015-07-11 03:50:15

Ayyyy I got mentioned what's happening here.

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:

the brilliant songs who create a production for music

Wat

Response to Oakwood's Audio Log 2015-07-11 08:32:58

At 7/11/15 03:50 AM, Envy wrote: Ayyyy I got mentioned what's happening here.

People putting bets on when Heaven Rd. 4 gets released.

Also, here's a WIP that I was working on for a while. When Robot Day came closer I had to give it a break so I could start working on my submission for that instead. Probably gonna pick it back up now.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to Oakwood's Audio Log 2015-07-11 12:44:50

Who the fuck summoned me here ?

lel

BBS Signature

Response to Oakwood's Audio Log 2015-08-04 15:17:15

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to Oakwood's Audio Log 2015-08-25 09:35:02

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to Oakwood's Audio Log 2016-03-22 22:01:02

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to Oakwood's Audio Log 2016-03-24 10:57:10

At 3/22/16 10:01 PM, Oakwood wrote: Got a WIP for you guys.

Piano dubstep?

Response to Oakwood's Audio Log 2016-03-24 12:46:10

At 3/24/16 10:57 AM, Gragon73 wrote:
At 3/22/16 10:01 PM, Oakwood wrote: Got a WIP for you guys.
Piano dubstep?

Kind of. Lots of piano and distorted vocals ;)

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to Oakwood's Audio Log 2016-11-02 11:30:07

Ohai, just to inform you that I'm not rotting away in a grave, lemme just showcase my Halloween 2016 submission. :)

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature