00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

wilwz just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

New Features & Stencyl Jam Update

10,843 Views | 28 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Got lots of little tidbits to cover so I'll get right to it:

Recent Site Updates

1) WebGL Unity games should now work! We had to change a bunch of server configs on our end to make things work. There is additional help / discussion in this thread if you are still having issues.

2) You can now toggle the sort order for blog replies. You'll see the link to the left of the "Add a Comment" link. If you're logged in, your preference will be saved and default to how you last sorted.

3) The Audio Submission Form updates outlined previously are now in effect! You can now specify additional details concerning your ownership of the work (samples? remix? cover?) and the rights of others to re-use your work in various ways. You also have the ability to disable the downloading of your audio (this was added in previously).

4) Under your account options you can now access your sessions. This page shows any NG sessions you have running on other devices, so you can remotely log out. Phone stolen? Log out remotely. Forgot to sign out at a friend's house? Log out remotely.

Everyone thank @PsychoGoldfish, @liljim and @BrenTheMan for making all these possible! Bigger stuff is still on the way.

Stencyl Jam

The Stencyl Jam deadline was Monday and judging is nearly complete. You may continue to make updates / fixes to your games, you don't need to wait!

Other Stuff

Be sure to check out the Best of April and Pico Day Winners!

Robot Day is happening on July 10th so if you've ever wanted to make something with robots, whether it be a game, movie, art or music, now is the time!

Also the Music Inspired Art Contest, Continue the Song Animation Collab, 20th Anniversary Game Jam and Newgrounds Inspired Music Contest!

So many events!

Vote for Dandy on Greenlight and play the original here on NG:

You should follow our Steam Curator page so you don't miss cool games from the community.

There are tons of great movies this week and it's hard to fit them all on the front page. Let me know if there are any in particular you'd like to see featured!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to New Features & Stencyl Jam Update 2015-05-14 18:43:23

First Furry Fister

just call me "Jay", thanks.

ask me questions i guess

Profile Image by https://twitter.com/Momochii_art

Response to New Features & Stencyl Jam Update 2015-05-14 18:51:37

Awesome!
There were tons of great updates this time :D
I really like the new choices when uploading audio, as they open so many new possibilities.

It'll be interesting to see the results of Stencyl Jam too, even though I had to give up on praticipating this year :p

Response to New Features & Stencyl Jam Update 2015-05-14 19:02:17

I'm looking at this from my phone and computer, but each device is only showing itself in the sessions. Would I have to log out and back in to see something different?

I loved this experience! My first game wasn't popular, but I make my first game! And that's a lot for me!
Thanks Tom for make this awesome page!

Response to New Features & Stencyl Jam Update 2015-05-14 19:49:41

Duuude, robot day. Does the best art get a real T-800 robot friend? Cause I want one.

Will totally have to make some robot art stuff. I like robots.

Response to New Features & Stencyl Jam Update 2015-05-14 21:35:37

Magical-Zorse officially endorses Dandy.

BBS Signature

Response to New Features & Stencyl Jam Update 2015-05-14 22:35:07

Awsome!"

Response to New Features & Stencyl Jam Update 2015-05-15 05:49:41

At 5/14/15 07:02 PM, MSGhero wrote: I'm looking at this from my phone and computer, but each device is only showing itself in the sessions. Would I have to log out and back in to see something different?

I can't replicate this, so you could try that.

Response to New Features & Stencyl Jam Update 2015-05-15 06:11:06

Not mentioned is the ability to remove earned medals.

The old vision of Newgrounds with no premium memberships and most importantly disabled downloads is gone as recently planned.

I would have liked other extra different details... I still forget if deposited or not. Still forget...

New Features & Stencyl Jam Update

Response to New Features & Stencyl Jam Update 2015-05-15 06:38:09

Awesome news! Really appreciating the new old refined blog comment order with sortable and savable finesse! And that 'sessions' page was a nice surprise, apparently I had 32 active sessions hmm. O_o

Many thanks @PsychoGoldfish, @liljim and @BrenTheMan !

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to New Features & Stencyl Jam Update 2015-05-15 06:57:47

It's been a blast finally getting off my fat arse to start making games and participating in the Stencyl Jam with my very first game.
Also, in the year of Newgrouds' 20th anniversary a toast to a future without the problems of today.

Response to New Features & Stencyl Jam Update 2015-05-15 14:21:30

At 5/15/15 05:49 AM, liljim wrote: I can't replicate this, so you could try that.

Logged out of both, and now it shows up fine.

Response to New Features & Stencyl Jam Update 2015-05-15 16:54:59

Oy, thanks for the shout-out, Tom!

Just to remind people, the Continue the Song Animation Collab and the 20th Anniversary Game Jam are both part of a larger super-collab, which also contains an art and a writing portion. (The audio portion is already done, hence the CTS animation being already underway.)

Response to New Features & Stencyl Jam Update 2015-05-15 18:04:05

Good updates.

At 5/15/15 04:54 PM, TharosTheDragon wrote: Oy, thanks for the shout-out, Tom!

Just to remind people, the Continue the Song Animation Collab and the 20th Anniversary Game Jam are both part of a larger super-collab, which also contains an art and a writing portion. (The audio portion is already done, hence the CTS animation being already underway.)

What he said :)

Oh, and a voice acting thread will be on its way soon!

Thanks @PsychoGoldfish, @liljim and @BrenTheMan. You guys are awesome!

BBS Signature

Wo ! I missed A lot much !! including Stencyl jam !
Though only last level of my game was left to code !
Poor me !

Thanks @PsychoGoldfish, @liljim and @BrenTheMan.

Being a game maker is My ambition And 'tis the starting !!!!!!

Games|Animation|Music|Art

BBS Signature

Response to New Features & Stencyl Jam Update 2015-05-16 02:14:28

At 5/14/15 07:33 PM, ZeroDown wrote: So Tom, question.

Do you know when/if we'll be able to edit reviews? @NekoMika said we would be able to someday.

And an option to delete a review you wrote, that was also suggested. So was the ability to follow a game/movie, so when the developer makes changes, you'd know about, try it again, and leave a different review...

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to New Features & Stencyl Jam Update 2015-05-16 03:03:03

These audio portal changes are a godsend. Exactly what I asked for. It was so ambiguous before, as to what the rules were for using songs I mean. Excellent work, Tom and team.

I'm not seeing anything on Audio Portal submissions about attribution though. I'm pretty sure it's implied, but you might want to remind people to credit others for their work.

Edit: Now 'm seeing the attribution stuff on my own submissions. Maybe the first few I saw in the portal were just weird?

Double edit: Only showing up in the previews. Guess I have to publish the changes.

Response to New Features & Stencyl Jam Update 2015-05-16 03:57:01

At 5/15/15 02:21 PM, MSGhero wrote:
At 5/15/15 05:49 AM, liljim wrote: I can't replicate this, so you could try that.
Logged out of both, and now it shows up fine.

Good stuff!

Response to New Features & Stencyl Jam Update 2015-05-16 09:31:54

At 5/14/15 06:34 PM, TomFulp wrote: 4) Under your account options you can now access your sessions. This page shows any NG sessions you have running on other devices, so you can remotely log out. Phone stolen? Log out remotely. Forgot to sign out at a friend's house? Log out remotely.

Why not show the IP of each session so we know for sure whether the session is ours? As it stands, it doesn't even really give enough info for us to tell.

Response to New Features & Stencyl Jam Update 2015-05-16 13:18:26

At 5/16/15 02:14 AM, VicariousE wrote: And an option to delete a review you wrote, that was also suggested. So was the ability to follow a game/movie, so when the developer makes changes, you'd know about, try it again, and leave a different review...

I do hope an option to delete reviews yourself never appears: scary potential for content forms that have previously been safe to become easily susceptible to potential abuse if the wrong people get access to your account. As with BBS posts, reviews editable within a time frame would be great though, and/or editable after said developer makes a change, so you can comment on the new and improved.

BBS Signature

Response to New Features & Stencyl Jam Update 2015-05-16 18:43:49

At 5/16/15 01:18 PM, Cyberdevil wrote: I do hope an option to delete reviews yourself never appears: scary potential for content forms that have previously been safe to become easily susceptible to potential abuse if the wrong people get access to your account. As with BBS posts, reviews editable within a time frame would be great though, and/or editable after said developer makes a change, so you can comment on the new and improved.

Whoa, you make a solid point!! So, the NG techies would have to allow review edits, only after the original work was updated/re-submitted, a feature that hasn't been implemented yet... shouldn't be too hard, the base code does note updated submissions, yeah?

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Thanks for the shout-out @TomFulp ! Been submitting art and made a news post and I'm really impressed with all the little touches that make the site easier to use.

BBS Signature

Response to New Features & Stencyl Jam Update 2015-05-16 23:42:31

OMG! Robot Day!!! We ARE robots!! You will definitely hear from us!!!

Only music can save my soul

Response to New Features & Stencyl Jam Update 2015-05-17 03:58:49

At 5/16/15 06:43 PM, VicariousE wrote: Whoa, you make a solid point!! So, the NG techies would have to allow review edits, only after the original work was updated/re-submitted, a feature that hasn't been implemented yet... shouldn't be too hard, the base code does note updated submissions, yeah?

That'd be ideal. :) When you upload a new file the upload time does get displayed, so yeah! It seems so.

BBS Signature

Response to New Features & Stencyl Jam Update 2015-05-19 06:36:07

Wow, totally not mention is the single biggest improvement to Newgrounds in years: more characters are allowed in submission titles!

@LiLg maybe it will help you with your gibberish: LTIG, QRUR, PJEJ, FBRZ, HRN, OPNA, FRVI, PRMN, YREIK and whatever you've been submitting for years. And everyone one else too.

Response to New Features & Stencyl Jam Update 2015-05-19 13:17:56

At 5/19/15 06:36 AM, Phenom9 wrote: Wow, totally not mention is the single biggest improvement to Newgrounds in years: more characters are allowed in submission titles!

@LiLg maybe it will help you with your gibberish: LTIG, QRUR, PJEJ, FBRZ, HRN, OPNA, FRVI, PRMN, YREIK and whatever you've been submitting for years. And everyone one else too.

That was actually why the site was down for a bit yesterday morning - updating the DB table for submission titles (movies, games, art and audio)!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature