00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

renatocfrancisco just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #2!!!

9,235 Views | 170 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #2!!! 2015-04-27 23:53:45

Hey @Step; Just listening (again...damn those guys sound good) to the section you want changed...and I'm thinking that we'd actually have to redo the whole bridge to get the 'no' in there...the way it's sung, it kinda blends with the previous word. It's the only way to make it sound smooth, without a hard-cut. Unless you know a weird splicing technique that I don't.

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #2!!! 2015-04-28 01:19:57

I don't know if I'll be able to redo it but if others do, you can get rid of my "yeah" on that bit and put their recordings.

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! Veteran REAPER user. Ready to rock! :)

BBS Signature

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #2!!! 2015-04-28 04:10:36

I'm thinking of recording a little solo on my acoustic starting from 2:27 and ending at 2:44
would it be easier if I leave the silence from the beginning till the solo starts?

BBS Signature

Here's my little solo
(played on a nylon stringed :D)

BBS Signature

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #2!!! 2015-04-28 06:28:36

At 4/27/15 11:53 PM, Ceevro wrote: Hey @Step; Just listening (again...damn those guys sound good) to the section you want changed...and I'm thinking that we'd actually have to redo the whole bridge to get the 'no' in there...the way it's sung, it kinda blends with the previous word. It's the only way to make it sound smooth, without a hard-cut. Unless you know a weird splicing technique that I don't.

No please don't redo the whole bridge! :(. I like how it is now and it took me ages to edit (before vs after) so I'd much rather keep it as it is! I should be able to fit the "no" in, but you're right about it blending in with the previous word. If you want it to sound 100% natural, then how about recording just "foreverrrrr-no!"? I can fit that in completely naturally as there's a bit of silence before those words.

Does that sound good? @Ceevro @garlagan

At 4/28/15 04:10 AM, Mattashi wrote: I'm thinking of recording a little solo on my acoustic starting from 2:27 and ending at 2:44
would it be easier if I leave the silence from the beginning till the solo starts?

That would indeed be easier! Looks like that's what you did so thanks!

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #2!!! 2015-04-28 11:53:15

At 4/28/15 06:28 AM, Step wrote: before vs after

that 'after' sounds gorgeous

how about recording just "foreverrrrr-no!"?

this is a good idea. there's plenty of silence before it so it should be all good.
I forgot some harmonies in other parts of the song, so I'm sending you those as well while i'm at it, hopefully today.

BBS Signature

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #2!!! 2015-04-28 12:33:00

Woops, looks like I missed a lot! I'll try to record some vocals this evening. Do we have a deadline?

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #2!!! 2015-04-28 12:36:51

At 4/28/15 12:33 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: Woops, looks like I missed a lot! I'll try to record some vocals this evening. Do we have a deadline?

Nope! I think we're going for a more "when it's done it's done" approach, but the earlier you can send the vocals, the better!

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #2!!! 2015-04-28 14:02:00

New WiP! Not much changed. I added @Matashi's and @Ceevro's solo, and did more syncing/tweaking/balancing.

BBS Signature

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #2!!! 2015-04-28 14:12:49

Wow you are doing great here! This one is even better than the last one. I would like to add some bass but I´m not at home at the moment to record something and working a lot... Maybe next time. Hope you´ll continue your collabs!

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #2!!! 2015-04-28 14:17:23

At 4/28/15 02:02 PM, Step wrote: New WiP! Not much changed. I added @Matashi's and @Ceevro's solo, and did more syncing/tweaking/balancing.

Awesome! We could use some percussion too :) where are the cowbellers/tambourinists at :P

BBS Signature

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #2!!! 2015-04-28 17:39:48

At 4/28/15 02:02 PM, Step wrote: New WiP! Not much changed. I added @Matashi's and @Ceevro's solo, and did more syncing/tweaking/balancing.

LOVE how those solos mixed, Step! We almost sound like we know what we're doing!

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #2!!! 2015-04-29 09:50:53

At 4/28/15 05:55 AM, Mattashi wrote: Here's my little solo
(played on a nylon stringed :D)

BTW man...outstanding solo! Sounds great in the latest cut!

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #2!!! 2015-04-29 13:30:14

At 4/29/15 09:50 AM, Ceevro wrote: BTW man...outstanding solo! Sounds great in the latest cut!

Thanks man!

BBS Signature

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #2!!! 2015-04-29 20:06:48

Ok...I've got a bassist, and Seneka (the female vocalist from last time) will be returning! We need some percussion!

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #2!!! 2015-04-29 22:32:50

At 4/29/15 08:06 PM, Ceevro wrote: Ok...I've got a bassist, and Seneka (the female vocalist from last time) will be returning! We need some percussion!

I've been having all manner of trouble getting a time to record anything this week, but if camoshark or somebody else hasn't added any percussion by Saturday, I'll send in some little auxiliary percussion backing.

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #2!!! 2015-04-29 23:05:00

I hear ya, man! It's hard to get recording time! But we'd still appreciate your contribution!

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #2!!! 2015-04-30 11:21:51

Alright guys, nailed down my lyrics and plunked the zip file on Dropbox. I recorded directly from one of the WIPs, so hopefully that'll mean less editing for you, @Step. I did sing with the original version of "Forever...yeah!" while including an alternate version, just in case.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eba4m7qise9b98y/Summer%20of%2069%20%28ChronoNomad%29.zip?dl=0

I may do something more later on, like some of those oohs or a solo or something, but things got real noisy around here just after I finished recording this, and that's how it's been lately thanks to Spring construction and whatnot. Looking forward to hearing how things continue to progress, but it's sounding amazing! To everyone involved: very nicely done. Cheers!

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #2!!! 2015-04-30 14:48:07

Hey @Step;

Just e-mailed you Seneka's vocal. She says she goofed around a bit...if you like it, keep it, if you don't cut whatever doesn't work.

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #2!!! 2015-04-30 14:51:03

At 4/30/15 11:21 AM, ChronoNomad wrote: Alright guys, nailed down my lyrics and plunked the zip file on Dropbox. I recorded directly from one of the WIPs, so hopefully that'll mean less editing for you, @Step.

You are a saint! The syncing was nearly effortless. Thank you!

I did sing with the original version of "Forever...yeah!" while including an alternate version, just in case.

Yeah, we're going with "no!". Garlagan sent over a retake and Ceevro is about to when he finds the time (so for now he's still saying "yeah!").

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eba4m7qise9b98y/Summer%20of%2069%20%28ChronoNomad%29.zip?dl=0

And here it is with your vocals added! It's really coming together now.

The issue I had with your files was that there were a bit of artefacts, such as random knocks behind your voice, (presumably from stuff hitting the microphone), pops and bumps with the p's and b's, occasional rumbles, etc. You also clipped pretty often during the louder bits.

I ran your vocals through the same high-pass filter I ran MetalRenard's through, and tried to cover up the clipping by turning the voice down during the parts where it clips, but there's only so much I can do. If you notice anything funny-sounding, let me know. I'll try my best to remove any abnormalities, but for future reference, make sure to turn the gain down on your microphone and stay the right distance away from it!

Anyhow, great job so far everyone!

BBS Signature

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #2!!! 2015-04-30 14:57:05

At 4/30/15 02:48 PM, Ceevro wrote: Hey @Step;

Just e-mailed you Seneka's vocal. She says she goofed around a bit...if you like it, keep it, if you don't cut whatever doesn't work.

Just saw this now. Man, she has one hell of a voice. I think it'll work very well! I'll see if I can throw that in today too. Otherwise expect another WiP tomorrow.

BBS Signature

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #2!!! 2015-04-30 15:01:19

Yeah, we're going with "no!". Garlagan sent over a retake and Ceevro is about to when he finds the time (so for now he's still saying "yeah!").

Oh sure! Leave ME sounding the fool, haha! In the meantime, you did get Seneka's vocal, right?

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #2!!! 2015-04-30 15:05:43

Ok, and if there's no one doing percussion by the weekend, I can always add-in my brand of faux-percussives. We should have the bass line by the end of the day, or so Max, a bassist I know, has told me. Due to the nature of the instrument, he'll have to plug-in, but he says it'll be totally raw feed, no FX whatsoever.

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #2!!! 2015-04-30 15:22:21

At 4/30/15 03:01 PM, Ceevro wrote: Oh sure! Leave ME sounding the fool, haha! In the meantime, you did get Seneka's vocal, right?

LOL sorry. Had to keep the "yeah" in for comedic value until you do the retake. And yeah as I said in the above post I did!

At 4/30/15 03:05 PM, Ceevro wrote: Ok, and if there's no one doing percussion by the weekend, I can always add-in my brand of faux-percussives. We should have the bass line by the end of the day, or so Max, a bassist I know, has told me. Due to the nature of the instrument, he'll have to plug-in, but he says it'll be totally raw feed, no FX whatsoever.

Sounds good to me!

BBS Signature

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #2!!! 2015-04-30 17:04:25

New WiP!

So far, we have vocals from @Ceevro, @MetalRenard, @garlagan, @ChronoNomad and Seneka, and @Ceevro and @Mattashi playing their six-strings till their fingers bleed.

If anyone notices anything out of sync, or any weird stuff at all, let me know. Due to differences in recording quality, environment and rhythm in the different vocals, it's a lot of precision work to get everything done without hiccups, so I might've missed some stuff! I'm aware there's a "yeah" at the end of the bridge among all the "no"s. That'll be fixed!

BBS Signature

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #2!!! 2015-04-30 17:19:28

Damn! That's a great sounding mix! I am so happy we're doing this!

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #2!!! 2015-04-30 17:29:39

I think in terms of improvements for next time we should agree before hand where the quiet bits are and where the loud parts are. That way we'll end up with a more dynamic piece of music and less fighting to be heard. :)

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! Veteran REAPER user. Ready to rock! :)

BBS Signature

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #2!!! 2015-04-30 17:32:23

At 4/30/15 05:29 PM, MetalRenard wrote: I think in terms of improvements for next time we should agree before hand where the quiet bits are and where the loud parts are. That way we'll end up with a more dynamic piece of music and less fighting to be heard. :)

Well, we're just learning here...I'm absolutely loving how these are turning out so far. I'm thinking maybe some Clapton or Queen next...lots of dynamics to be had there!

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #2!!! 2015-04-30 17:47:56

At 4/30/15 02:51 PM, Step wrote: The issue I had with your files was that there were a bit of artefacts, such as random knocks behind your voice, (presumably from stuff hitting the microphone), pops and bumps with the p's and b's, occasional rumbles, etc. You also clipped pretty often during the louder bits.

LIES! Just kidding. Yeah, microphones are fun that way. I tried to cut out a few before passing the files on to you, at least.

I ran your vocals through the same high-pass filter I ran MetalRenard's through, and tried to cover up the clipping by turning the voice down during the parts where it clips, but there's only so much I can do. If you notice anything funny-sounding, let me know. I'll try my best to remove any abnormalities, but for future reference, make sure to turn the gain down on your microphone and stay the right distance away from it!

Sounds good to me, Step. Youdaman!

Anyhow, great job so far everyone!

Agree.

Response to Ceevro's Sing-a-Long Collab #2!!! 2015-04-30 20:06:40

At 4/30/15 05:04 PM, Step wrote: New WiP!

Sounds really nice Step!
2:13 is genius. To whomever did that, my applause.

BBS Signature