00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kkolo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

New User Introduction Thread!

423,191 Views | 4,078 Replies

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2016-09-10 00:28:12

At 9/9/16 10:03 PM, Mirodim wrote: Hi, all. I've had a Newgrounds account forever, but only now decided to start actually using it.

I'm a 28 year old dude, and just decided that I want to get serious about learning to draw. I'm an absolute beginner, and I'm going to use this site to document my progress. (I might post some programming/game making stuff as well.)

Nice to meet youse.

Welcome to newgrounds
Here's a few tips with your new career
If you ever need music or voices for your stuff, I can help ya
If ya need female voices, @TrinaTan is good for that
If ya need a deep voice, @freakinbehemoth is good for that

I hope ya git good

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2016-09-10 00:40:47

At 9/9/16 10:03 PM, Mirodim wrote: Hi, all. I've had a Newgrounds account forever, but only now decided to start actually using it.

Hello Mirodim, It is better to start late than never.

I'm a 28 year old dude, and just decided that I want to get serious about learning to draw. I'm an absolute beginner, and I'm going to use this site to document my progress.

Welcome to NewGrounds. You can learn just on NewGrounds. Make sure you check out the art, films, and all we have to offer.

Nice to meet youse.

Nice to meet you as well.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2016-09-10 00:41:51

At 9/10/16 12:37 AM, Mirodim wrote:
Hey, thanks! That's some really useful information; I'll keep it in mind!

Good

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2016-09-10 00:43:05

At 9/10/16 12:28 AM, VenomationsTV wrote: If you ever need music or voices for your stuff, I can help ya

That is very helpful information for everybody, not just the new users. Nice work.

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2016-09-10 00:45:42

At 9/10/16 12:43 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 9/10/16 12:28 AM, VenomationsTV wrote: If you ever need music or voices for your stuff, I can help ya
That is very helpful information for everybody, not just the new users. Nice work.

Thanks m8

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2016-09-10 00:47:32

Hi all! My name's Skylar, but you can call me Skylark (all of my friends do). I'm super shy, really awkward, and I kinda get distracted a lot, but I try my best to be a good civilian, and I hope we can get along. :)

I've created an account because I'm majoring in Game Development, and am going to use this site as a way to get some good criticism as I improve. I also like covering songs (mainly Japanese songs, especially Vocaloid) and will also get some pointers for that here as well.

Anyways, sorry for the rambling, and it's nice to meet you all!

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2016-09-10 02:20:19

At 9/10/16 12:47 AM, Sweet-Song wrote: Hi all! My name's Skylar, but you can call me Skylark. I'm super shy, really awkward, and I kinda get distracted a lot, but I try my best to be a good civilian, and I hope we can get along. :)

Hello Skylark, Welcome to NewGrounds. You can just be yourself here, nothing to be shy about.

I've created an account because I'm majoring in Game Development, and am going to use this site as a way to get some good criticism as I improve. I also like covering songs and will also get some pointers for that here as well.

We can always use more games. Make sure to check out all we have to offer.

It is nice to meet you as well.

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2016-09-10 02:22:42

At 9/10/16 12:48 AM, Mirodim wrote:
At 9/10/16 12:40 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Welcome to NewGrounds. You can learn just on NewGrounds. Make sure you check out the art, films, and all we have to offer.

Nice to meet you as well.
Thanks for the reply. I've been browsing the "latest" feed for a bit now. There's actually a lot of neat stuff on there! I actually really like the interface, and the community doesn't seem half bad at a first glance. Don't know why I wasn't on here before, to consume art if nothing else.

Glad that you have been enjoying the latest feed. The community can be very nice, if you need help just let us know.

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2016-09-10 08:38:12

At 9/10/16 12:47 AM, Sweet-Song wrote: Hi all! My name's Skylar, but you can call me Skylark (all of my friends do). I'm super shy, really awkward, and I kinda get distracted a lot, but I try my best to be a good civilian, and I hope we can get along. :)

I've created an account because I'm majoring in Game Development, and am going to use this site as a way to get some good criticism as I improve. I also like covering songs (mainly Japanese songs, especially Vocaloid) and will also get some pointers for that here as well.

Welcome to NG, we look forward to your games! You should get a lot of good feedback here - lots of people are nice and even the mean ones can still provide helpful insights.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2016-09-10 09:20:28

Hi, im Ibrahim, and i'm new here, dont know why it toke me so long to join, like to share my animation and flash game that some of them dated to 2003. nice to be here :D

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2016-09-10 16:18:06

At 9/10/16 09:20 AM, ibrabdo wrote: Hi, im Ibrahim, and i'm new here, dont know why it toke me so long to join, like to share my animation and flash game that some of them dated to 2003. nice to be here :D

Hello Ibrabdo, Welcome to NewGrounds. You can always share your animations and games with us. Make sure you check out all the content we have to offer.

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2016-09-10 16:23:13

At 9/10/16 01:40 PM, BlackSpiralDancer wrote: Hi everybody. I want to be an animator someday.

Hello BlackSpiralDancer, Welcome to NewGrounds. Good luck becoming an animator. Let me know if you have any questions.

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2016-09-11 08:24:55

Hey NG,
been lurkin for a while and finally decided to join
I like to doodle, if you want to see some of em check out my thread happywires art

love this site, can't wait to dive deep into the community, <3

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2016-09-11 16:13:23

At 9/11/16 08:24 AM, HappyWires wrote: Hey NG,
I like to doodle, if you want to see some of em check out my thread happywires art

Hello HappyWires, Welcome to NewGrounds. We can always use more artists and great doodles.

We do have a great community here on NewGrounds. Make sure you check out all of our content.

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2016-09-13 13:03:27

At 9/9/16 09:05 PM, Dromedary wrote: hi new members, welcome to lumby

trimming armour, swordies for sale, jagex blocks your pass - here's mine ******

welcone

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2016-09-13 16:04:01

At 9/10/16 01:40 PM, BlackSpiralDancer wrote: Hi everybody. I want to be an animator someday.

Welcome, BlackSpiralDancer!

That's great that you want to become an animator one day! If you achieve your goals, I hope you share your animations with NG!

Good luck!

Welcome! I see that you joined almost a year ago, but that's okay!

I used to be a lurker myself. I wish I made an account sooner, haha.

I had a look at your art and you have talent, that's for sure! Your art could use some cleaner lines, though.

Make sure to check out all of the forums and the chat! That's where all of the fun is.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2016-09-13 16:04:08

At 9/13/16 01:03 PM, VenomationsTV wrote:
At 9/9/16 09:05 PM, Dromedary wrote: hi new members, welcome to lumby

trimming armour, swordies for sale, jagex blocks your pass - here's mine ******
welcone

Welcome to you too

The cake is a liar!

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2016-09-13 16:06:16

At 9/8/16 11:43 AM, PoutyBat wrote: Thanks for the warm welcome Tom!
I'd be honored to offer banner art if you need any.
I love this place already! Everyone is so nice!

Oh. And welcome

The cake is a liar!

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2016-09-13 18:02:50

At 9/13/16 01:03 PM, VenomationsTV wrote: welcone

This is the best place to Welcome somebody.

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2016-09-13 20:09:46

At 9/13/16 06:02 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 9/13/16 01:03 PM, VenomationsTV wrote: welcone
This is the best place to Welcome somebody.

What the fuck?
I already know that

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2016-09-16 02:40:03

Welcome to Paradise, today's the first day of the end of your life!

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2016-09-16 23:37:22

welcome all

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2016-09-19 21:30:35

Hello everyone.
My name is Evan Scale. I have recently joined Newgrounds. I learned about the website by Youtube, through "Draw with Jazza" channel. Upon my first submission for his challenge of the month, I started uploading artwork.
It looks like a very active community and I enjoy how easily I can find other people's art!

Through Newgrounds I hope I can get some feedback that will help me -along with hard work and practice- to get better and better. Since I am active in a lot of communities and social media, it would be really helpful if people that like my work follow me. I believe Newgrounds can be really helpful for new artists.

I am interested in illustrations but I Love comics! I am writing and drawing a few mini-comics, trying to develop a few skills before writing anything longer!

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2016-09-19 21:33:07

At 9/19/16 09:30 PM, EvanScale wrote: Hello everyone.
My name is Evan Scale. I have recently joined Newgrounds. I learned about the website by Youtube, through "Draw with Jazza" channel. Upon my first submission for his challenge of the month, I started uploading artwork.
It looks like a very active community and I enjoy how easily I can find other people's art!

Welcome to NG!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2016-09-20 11:06:45

At 9/19/16 09:30 PM, EvanScale wrote: Hello everyone.

Hello EvanScale, welcome to NewGrounds. We can always use more art. Make sure you check out all the art, movies, and more that we have to offer.

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2016-09-20 15:12:11

Hello Newgrounds, Im pretty new here and Id like to meet some of you!

Wake me up inside

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2016-09-20 15:17:51

At 9/20/16 03:12 PM, TwitchCybul wrote: Hello Newgrounds, Im pretty new here and Id like to meet some of you!

Welcome to Newgrounds. Nice to meet you :)

The cake is a liar!

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2016-09-20 18:01:56

At 9/20/16 03:12 PM, TwitchCybul wrote: Hello Newgrounds, Im pretty new here and Id like to meet some of you!

Hi there Twitch, good of you to say hi! Hope you're well. We have NG meets every now and then, so who knows, there may be one near you in the near future. We even bring free puppies and kittens and candy to share, they can be found in our unmarked, white van. It's the one without a license plate.

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2016-09-21 01:30:54

Hello TwitchCybul , Welcome to NewGrounds. It is nice to meet you. Make sure you check out all the movies , and more we have to offer.

BBS Signature

Response to New User Introduction Thread! 2016-09-21 01:46:57

Welcome to Newgrounds!

If you'd like to meet plenty of other users, make sure to check out all of the different forums here! The general forum is the most popular forum where you can post in many different kinds of topics, so that'll probably be your best bet, but watch out for people who try to be trolls.

Also, if you like video games, you can always check out the video game forum. And if you're an animator, producer, or artist by chance, we have specific forums for animation, music, and art, too.

Finally, the chat is good place to talk with many other users, too.

I hope you have fun meeting some new people here!

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature