00:00
00:00

Troisnyx's Music Thread!

33,212 Views | 389 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Troisnyx's Music Thread! 2015-10-07 18:29:10


Progress:

Overall: 40%
Mio: 66%

https://instaud.io/cLT

Response to Troisnyx's Music Thread! 2015-10-07 18:52:27


At 10/4/15 04:21 PM, Troisnyx wrote: Those of you who said I'd bitten more than I can chew, well, you can all turn your heads and weep now.

Well geez


Come join music competitions on Chips Compo and hang on our Discord!

Good artists copy. Great artists get banned from the Audio Portal.

BBS Signature

Response to Troisnyx's Music Thread! 2015-10-07 18:54:57


At 10/7/15 06:52 PM, johnfn wrote:
At 10/4/15 04:21 PM, Troisnyx wrote: Those of you who said I'd bitten more than I can chew, well, you can all turn your heads and weep now.
Well geez

If I remember correctly, you didn't say that: you were actually one of the most constructive reviewers on the original.

Response to Troisnyx's Music Thread! 2015-10-12 07:45:20


Mio is currently at 75%: the melody is DONE, and lots of side things that make up the remaining 25% now need to be recorded to flesh it out.

https://instaud.io/cXT

Response to Troisnyx's Music Thread! 2015-10-12 08:10:09


At 10/12/15 07:45 AM, Troisnyx wrote: Mio is currently at 75%: the melody is DONE, and lots of side things that make up the remaining 25% now need to be recorded to flesh it out.

https://instaud.io/cXT

IMHO JUST IMHO
the piano doesn't fit the "ambience"
you try to create a spacey/dream/whatever ambient, and the piano is saying "no this is not what you think" and i don't have enough words in my english vocabulary to explain better

but the vocals and the rest are all nice. nice chimes

also i probably told you once in a review, have you ever tried making longer tracks?

good job


Suck my kick!

BBS Signature

Response to Troisnyx's Music Thread! 2015-10-12 08:17:55


At 10/12/15 08:10 AM, UserSigon wrote:
At 10/12/15 07:45 AM, Troisnyx wrote: Mio is currently at 75%: the melody is DONE, and lots of side things that make up the remaining 25% now need to be recorded to flesh it out.

https://instaud.io/cXT
IMHO JUST IMHO
the piano doesn't fit the "ambience"
you try to create a spacey/dream/whatever ambient, and the piano is saying "no this is not what you think" and i don't have enough words in my english vocabulary to explain better

Point taken, and duly respected.

I'll admit to loving the piano, and the whole reason for putting it in is because it felt more like water. "Mio" is a Japanese given name that has a lot to do with water -- the character for it has both a water radical and a rain radical.

The original had a water sound effect, which was a seamless loop generated from one of the many soundfonts I had. It'd be intrusive, and I thought, the piano + Sytrus would be enough to show the gentle flowing of water, and the sparkles and cosmic oneness this song's trying to present.

Mind you, I have a silly thought: if it were just spacey sounds I'd probably name it "Tsukiakari" or 'moonlight', but meh. XD


but the vocals and the rest are all nice. nice chimes

Meep, thank you ^_^ Especially thank @Samulis and @Camoshark for this; they were the ones who came up with the VST for the chimes, and they were put to wonderful use.


also i probably told you once in a review, have you ever tried making longer tracks?

Funny that you ask. How long do you mean?

The original Mio/Homura came close to 6 minutes, and my longest track to date is Capriccio "Bullet Heaven", at 7 minutes and 4 seconds.

For the new iteration of Mio/Homura, it's likely going to come to the same time frame of 7 minutes, possibly longer. But... that's only my projection for now. We'll see.


good job

Cheers! ^_^

Response to Troisnyx's Music Thread! 2015-10-14 08:44:51


I've got a website set up right now, just a simple one, at http://troisnyx.co.uk

And I would like all of you to tell me what you think, honestly. Any of you who are design pros, feel free to shoot.

Response to Troisnyx's Music Thread! 2015-10-14 12:14:45


At 10/14/15 08:44 AM, Troisnyx wrote: I've got a website set up right now, just a simple one, at http://troisnyx.co.uk

And I would like all of you to tell me what you think, honestly. Any of you who are design pros, feel free to shoot.

I sincerely apologise for the lack of contact, I was finishing my Masters' degree and went into hermit mode.

Happy to help if I still can.

Response to Troisnyx's Music Thread! 2015-10-14 12:33:36


At 10/14/15 08:44 AM, Troisnyx wrote: I've got a website set up right now, just a simple one, at http://troisnyx.co.uk

And I would like all of you to tell me what you think, honestly. Any of you who are design pros, feel free to shoot.

Looking pretty good. Maybe you should have links to all your social media, Soundcloud, YouTube, Bandcamp ...etc, and a separate page for portfolio with a bit more music.

Response to Troisnyx's Music Thread! 2015-10-14 12:58:13


At 10/14/15 12:33 PM, sorohanro wrote:
At 10/14/15 08:44 AM, Troisnyx wrote: I've got a website set up right now, just a simple one, at http://troisnyx.co.uk

And I would like all of you to tell me what you think, honestly. Any of you who are design pros, feel free to shoot.
Looking pretty good. Maybe you should have links to all your social media, Soundcloud, YouTube, Bandcamp ...etc, and a separate page for portfolio with a bit more music.

I've got a separate idea for the site putting in those suggestions -- complete with social icons at the bottom (strangely, none for Bandcamp D: At least, not available by default)... a separate music page, and a separate contact page. We're taking photos for it tomorrow, and hopefully, it should be online soon.

Response to Troisnyx's Music Thread! 2015-10-14 12:59:13


At 10/14/15 12:14 PM, cjbouchermedia wrote:
At 10/14/15 08:44 AM, Troisnyx wrote: I've got a website set up right now, just a simple one, at http://troisnyx.co.uk

And I would like all of you to tell me what you think, honestly. Any of you who are design pros, feel free to shoot.
I sincerely apologise for the lack of contact, I was finishing my Masters' degree and went into hermit mode.

Happy to help if I still can.

Thoughts on the aesthetic / suggestions on what to do about the page besides what @sorohanro suggested, please? Meep?

Also, presuming you've just finished it, congratulations on finishing it. <3 And also, congrats for the front page. I was really happy to see it.

Response to Troisnyx's Music Thread! 2015-10-14 14:48:51


At 10/14/15 12:58 PM, Troisnyx wrote: I've got a separate idea for the site putting in those suggestions -- complete with social icons at the bottom (strangely, none for Bandcamp D: At least, not available by default)... a separate music page, and a separate contact page. We're taking photos for it tomorrow, and hopefully, it should be online soon.

Personalize the icons to fit your general design.
Also, make some pics with some professional audio equipment, recording stuff. Show there some gear, it always impress the future clients.

Response to Troisnyx's Music Thread! 2015-10-16 13:23:17


Massive update to the site's design. I do wish we had a decent colour photo to put in the Contacts section, but that'll have to do as a placeholder for the time being. Also, social icons are yet to be updated. In my own assets I've drawn icons for NG, YouTube, Facebook, Soundcloud and Bandcamp.

Attention @sorohanro.

Response to Troisnyx's Music Thread! 2015-10-16 16:10:31


At 10/16/15 01:23 PM, Troisnyx wrote: Massive update to the site's design.

I think it's much better. The icons to Soundcloud, Facebook...etc, can be a bit bigger and on the first page, but that's just me nitpicking :D

Response to Troisnyx's Music Thread! 2015-10-16 16:48:35


At 10/16/15 04:10 PM, sorohanro wrote:
At 10/16/15 01:23 PM, Troisnyx wrote: Massive update to the site's design.
I think it's much better. The icons to Soundcloud, Facebook...etc, can be a bit bigger and on the first page, but that's just me nitpicking :D

Cheers.

I am actually tempted to add an Easter egg of sorts, but I wonder if it'll ruin the semi-professional image that site has.

Response to Troisnyx's Music Thread! 2015-10-16 20:21:24


Mio is almost done. The only thing left to record is percussion, and then the transition to Homura will begin!
https://instaud.io/dbQ

Tried to capture a feeling like something straight out of Ar tonelico with these vocals in the last verse. I hope it works.

Response to Troisnyx's Music Thread! 2015-10-17 17:38:38


At 10/16/15 04:48 PM, Troisnyx wrote: I am actually tempted to add an Easter egg of sorts, but I wonder if it'll ruin the semi-professional image that site has.

Explain what kind of easter eggs.

Response to Troisnyx's Music Thread! 2015-10-17 17:41:52


At 10/17/15 05:38 PM, sorohanro wrote:
At 10/16/15 04:48 PM, Troisnyx wrote: I am actually tempted to add an Easter egg of sorts, but I wonder if it'll ruin the semi-professional image that site has.
Explain what kind of easter eggs.

A page full of the exclamation MEEP! You'd have to break your head to find it because it'd be difficult to find, but as soon as you find it, you'll know Troisnyx has well and truly cracked with all those meeps.

Response to Troisnyx's Music Thread! 2015-10-18 07:27:08


At 10/17/15 05:41 PM, Troisnyx wrote: A page full of the exclamation MEEP! You'd have to break your head to find it because it'd be difficult to find, but as soon as you find it, you'll know Troisnyx has well and truly cracked with all those meeps.

As a serious professional...bla-bla, this is not maybe the first thing you would expect. Still, the websites that have a distant tone (this is the website of the composer XXXX, listen to XXXX music, XXXX can be contacted at...) have much less impacr and audience than websites with a more personal touch (hi, I'm composer XXXX, listen to my music, I can be contacted at...).

So, maybe you should have a blog/ news page where you could explain what's with the MEEP!, and after you establish that, you could run a "Christmas special" or some other event "special" when the "meep page" is up, and for cracking the code you get a free download of..., or a link to a unlisted video of "making of ___insert cover of some big ass fandom thingie___".

Response to Troisnyx's Music Thread! 2015-10-25 08:36:21


A little milestone for me as a musician.
http://troisnyx.newgrounds.com/news/post/945251

Response to Troisnyx's Music Thread! 2015-10-30 15:20:04


Even more timpani antics.
https://youtu.be/_0TC23q7lTw

Incidentally, I was also one of four sopranos who were present that night -- and I am also the loudest of them all in terms of vocal power. And I was quite far away from where they were, so there I was blaring out the lyrics to the song and drumming at the same time. Pretty bare-bones drumming it was, but that's what I knew.

Response to Troisnyx's Music Thread! 2015-10-30 15:25:03


Another little instrumental messing around that now figures in my (unlisted) uploads. This take's a bit special for me.
https://youtu.be/rU0sPSpoiFA

Response to Troisnyx's Music Thread! 2015-10-31 20:44:30 (edited 2015-10-31 20:45:52)


The video is SOOOOOOooooooooo sHakY.... was there an earthquake?(the one with the timpani)
On the other hand, cool to see you playing and singing and making music out of the 4 walls of your room + computer. Cheers and congrats for that.

Response to Troisnyx's Music Thread! 2015-11-01 04:03:02


At 10/31/15 08:44 PM, sorohanro wrote: The video is SOOOOOOooooooooo sHakY.... was there an earthquake?(the one with the timpani)
On the other hand, cool to see you playing and singing and making music out of the 4 walls of your room + computer. Cheers and congrats for that.

It's a bit serious, this matter of shaking -- but Seán has a degenerative shaking condition. He was the only one who could record me while the others were looking at their sheet music, and I remembered the Washington Psalm off the top of my head. Some moments, he was fine, others, he was shaking, and he apologised to me for it. I cannot fault him.

Thanks by the way ^_^ It's hard to think that because it's so commonplace for me, but I love the choir, and I love my friends there.

At 10/31/15 09:06 PM, dem0lecule wrote:
At 10/30/15 03:25 PM, Troisnyx wrote: Another little instrumental messing around that now figures in my (unlisted) uploads. This take's a bit special for me.
https://youtu.be/rU0sPSpoiFA
Very cool video. :)

Eeee, thank you! ^_^

Response to Troisnyx's Music Thread! 2015-11-01 08:31:22


At 11/1/15 04:03 AM, Troisnyx wrote: It's a bit serious, this matter of shaking -- but Seán has a degenerative shaking condition.

Ouch! Sorry to hear that. What can be done to help?

Response to Troisnyx's Music Thread! 2015-11-01 11:53:04


At 11/1/15 08:31 AM, sorohanro wrote:
At 11/1/15 04:03 AM, Troisnyx wrote: It's a bit serious, this matter of shaking -- but Seán has a degenerative shaking condition.
Ouch! Sorry to hear that. What can be done to help?

He's on the second line of treatment (not the first, because it interferes with his breathing). I don't remember what the anti-shaking tablets that he takes are called, but he's taking those. The third line of treatment if I remember right, is brain surgery...

Response to Troisnyx's Music Thread! 2015-11-12 08:20:22


Working on a little something right now. It's the melody only in this file, but hopefully...

https://instaud.io/eum

Response to Troisnyx's Music Thread! 2015-11-12 18:32:07


Today's progress with said melody.
https://instaud.io/evO