00:00
00:00

FAQ Discussion Thread

17,136 Views | 165 Replies

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2018-08-07 05:48:47

At 8/6/18 07:51 PM, Temariix wrote: Where do I go to report a bug?

You're in the right place actually.

This is indeed weird. @TomFulp, could you have a look at this?

You can't fight for peace. If you fight, there ain't peace. NO, I'M NOT AMERICAN!

On every ship that floats and sails, there's someone who the captain nails.

Sig by Decky.

BBS Signature

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2018-08-07 11:01:54

At 8/6/18 07:51 PM, Temariix wrote: Where do I go to report a bug?

If it's here, great! If not, here's the problem anyway...
When submitting an animation I tried adding someone under "Additional Audio". He doesn't have a website and the field is marked optional however it won't let me add it without a valid URL.
If I put a single blank space in the URL field, it lets me add it (then if you click on the "link" it just opens a blank page).

Good catch, logging the bug!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2018-08-08 17:04:55

I can't for the life of me figure out how to input my age into my account. What date data type is it in? I have tried MM/DD/YYYY and many other data types, but I simply cannot get it to work!

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2018-08-08 17:28:22

At 8/8/18 05:04 PM, knightspear wrote: I can't for the life of me figure out how to input my age into my account. What date data type is it in? I have tried MM/DD/YYYY and many other data types, but I simply cannot get it to work!

Where are you trying to enter this in? It's mm/dd/yyyy so that should work. What errors are you getting (if any)?

BBS Signature

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2018-08-10 02:57:35 (edited 2018-08-10 02:58:08)

At 8/8/18 05:28 PM, BrenTheMan wrote:
At 8/8/18 05:04 PM, knightspear wrote: I can't for the life of me figure out how to input my age into my account. What date data type is it in? I have tried MM/DD/YYYY and many other data types, but I simply cannot get it to work!

Where are you trying to enter this in? It's mm/dd/yyyy so that should work. What errors are you getting (if any)?

When I put that in on my profile nothing happened and no errors or anything showed up. I have found another solution however. On my phone I was able to set it easily. I think it might of had something to do with my internet connection.

Thanks for replying!

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2018-08-21 17:40:41

I'm trying to upload a song, but it keeps telling me I can't. It's the right file type, it's original, and it's under 250 mbs. Help?

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2018-08-22 06:52:52

At 8/21/18 05:40 PM, SoulreaperX wrote: I'm trying to upload a song, but it keeps telling me I can't. It's the right file type, it's original, and it's under 250 mbs. Help?

There might be an old ban from the Audio Portal still active on you. Ask an audio moderator (list) for details.

You can't fight for peace. If you fight, there ain't peace. NO, I'M NOT AMERICAN!

Sig by Decky.

BBS Signature

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2018-08-22 07:57:27

At 8/22/18 06:52 AM, DamnedByFate wrote:
At 8/21/18 05:40 PM, SoulreaperX wrote: I'm trying to upload a song, but it keeps telling me I can't. It's the right file type, it's original, and it's under 250 mbs. Help?
There might be an old ban from the Audio Portal still active on you. Ask an audio moderator (list) for details.

That seems odd... I've rarely used this account. Don't see why it would be banned for anything, but hey. Who knows.

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2018-08-22 08:07:21

At 8/22/18 06:52 AM, DamnedByFate wrote:

Never mind lol. I figured it out. For some reason, I have to put the extension in the file name, and then it worked fine.

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2018-08-22 08:24:14

At 8/22/18 08:07 AM, SoulreaperX wrote:
At 8/22/18 06:52 AM, DamnedByFate wrote: There might be an old ban from the Audio Portal still active on you. Ask an audio moderator (list) for details.
Never mind lol. I figured it out. For some reason, I have to put the extension in the file name, and then it worked fine.

No ban listed on the account, glad to see you were able to resolve the issue though.

Request Reviews // #7 Reviewer // #2 Audio Reviewer

Audio / Review Moderator - PM with problems or questions

BBS Signature

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2018-09-07 05:34:58

At 9/7/18 05:09 AM, giipowho wrote: Is there a way to publish a movie with a private link so no one can access it, except the people Iwith my link?

Never publish the project and simply invite everyone you want to have access.

Sig by Decky.

BBS Signature

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2018-09-22 20:18:49

Is there a way to stop getting email notifications whenever someone's "inspired" by a user? I've been flooded with a bunch of submissions from people making Madness related stuff.

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2018-09-22 20:37:38

At 9/22/18 08:18 PM, xXBro2494Xx wrote: Is there a way to stop getting email notifications whenever someone's "inspired" by a user? I've been flooded with a bunch of submissions from people making Madness related stuff.

You can modify your email subscription preferences here. If the inspiration/uploader is someone you follow, the heading to uncheck should be “your favorites”.

Not sure why you’d be getting several a day, it’s supposed to consolidate to once per day.

Audio Portal Moderator. Flag stolen content. #VAC12

BBS Signature

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2018-09-23 09:07:58

At 9/22/18 08:37 PM, Peregrinus wrote:
At 9/22/18 08:18 PM, xXBro2494Xx wrote: Is there a way to stop getting email notifications whenever someone's "inspired" by a user? I've been flooded with a bunch of submissions from people making Madness related stuff.
You can modify your email subscription preferences here. If the inspiration/uploader is someone you follow, the heading to uncheck should be “your favorites”.

Not sure why you’d be getting several a day, it’s supposed to consolidate to once per day.

The thing is that'd leave me with no update on Krinkels' content whatsoever. :/

What I was looking for was a way to stop receiving a notification when someone lists a user I'm following as "Inspiration". Not to stop ALL of them. And I received 5 Madness parodies in one email, not seperately.

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2018-09-23 09:25:26

At 9/23/18 09:07 AM, xXBro2494Xx wrote: What I was looking for was a way to stop receiving a notification when someone lists a user I'm following as "Inspiration". Not to stop ALL of them. And I received 5 Madness parodies in one email, not seperately.

Glad it was just the one email. I don't believe there's a way around inspiration related emails.

@TomFulp maybe for future consideration: changing the criteria for "your favorites" emails to disregard inspiration. Maybe as a second tickbox to delineate "everything to do with this artist" or "only direct artist activity".

Hopefully I'm not missing where a potential solution may already be.

Audio Portal Moderator. Flag stolen content. #VAC12

BBS Signature

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2018-09-26 11:48:57

is there any way to change emails that are linked to a account

THE ONE AND ONLY BITCH

BBS Signature

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2018-09-26 12:20:36

At 9/26/18 11:48 AM, 123toytoy1243 wrote: is there any way to change emails that are linked to a account

Here.

Sig by Decky.

BBS Signature

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2018-09-28 07:02:32

At 9/26/18 12:20 PM, DamnedByFate wrote:
At 9/26/18 11:48 AM, 123toytoy1243 wrote: is there any way to change emails that are linked to a account
Here.

this didnt help as i want to change the email address to the one i have now. is there any way to do this

THE ONE AND ONLY BITCH

BBS Signature

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2018-09-29 10:10:41

At 9/28/18 07:02 AM, 123toytoy1243 wrote:
At 9/26/18 12:20 PM, DamnedByFate wrote:
Here.
this didnt help as i want to change the email address to the one i have now. is there any way to do this

The link provided should allow you to change the email address to your current one. What happens when you try to change it?

Request Reviews // #7 Reviewer // #2 Audio Reviewer

Audio / Review Moderator - PM with problems or questions

BBS Signature

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2019-01-13 21:49:06

Hey not sure if this is the right place to write this post but I have been working on a project called gamer World which is a open source and multi platform gaming application focused on game performance and having the to play all web games all in one place as well as a platform for developers to build and release there games on. The issue I ran into is I can no longer embed games from my fav classic website Newgrounds and wanted to see if we could partner and allow Gamer world and the gamers using it to play games from Newgrounds on there as I added a few and would love to be able to keep getting awesome games from talented devs here. P.S I do not make any adsense profit from any game sources, all game sources come from the direct game dev source with no external ads added in between or on the Gamer World platform.

here is a link to the gitlab project. https://gitlab.com/gamerworld/application

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2019-01-13 21:59:14 (edited 2019-01-13 22:00:31)

At 1/13/19 09:49 PM, Gameslayer9999 wrote: Hey not sure if this is the right place to write this post but I have been working on a project called gamer World which is a open source and multi platform gaming application focused on game performance and having the to play all web games all in one place as well as a platform for developers to build and release there games on. The issue I ran into is I can no longer embed games from my fav classic website Newgrounds and wanted to see if we could partner and allow Gamer world and the gamers using it to play games from Newgrounds on there as I added a few and would love to be able to keep getting awesome games from talented devs here. P.S I do not make any adsense profit from any game sources, all game sources come from the direct game dev source with no external ads added in between or on the Gamer World platform.

I don't know if it's cool to just embed games from Newgrounds, it's definitely better than the sites that just rip and steal them, but NG doesn't own any of the content submitted here, the content creators do, so you would have to reach out to all of them and ask them for permission to embed the game on your platform, even if you don't make any money.

Not a lawyer

This blog I made | This game sucks | I, twit

Just trying to get enough Twitter followers to quit Facebook forever

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2019-01-13 22:35:10

At 1/13/19 09:59 PM, GeoKureli wrote:
At 1/13/19 09:49 PM, Gameslayer9999 wrote: Hey not sure if this is the right place to write this post but I have been working on a project called gamer World which is a open source and multi platform gaming application focused on game performance and having the to play all web games all in one place as well as a platform for developers to build and release there games on. The issue I ran into is I can no longer embed games from my fav classic website Newgrounds and wanted to see if we could partner and allow Gamer world and the gamers using it to play games from Newgrounds on there as I added a few and would love to be able to keep getting awesome games from talented devs here. P.S I do not make any adsense profit from any game sources, all game sources come from the direct game dev source with no external ads added in between or on the Gamer World platform.
I don't know if it's cool to just embed games from Newgrounds, it's definitely better than the sites that just rip and steal them, but NG doesn't own any of the content submitted here, the content creators do, so you would have to reach out to all of them and ask them for permission to embed the game on your platform, even if you don't make any money.

Not a lawyer

I am more than happy to contact the devs for permission if needed and would love to work with them like I would with Newgrounds or even have Newgrounds as a platform source that uses there rules for content for Gamer world so it is doesn't go against submitted content as I myself don't own any submitted content on Gamer world either, I just allow users to access the content all in one place instead of it being all fragmented by different websites and browsers it's one platform and one place centralising it all.

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2019-01-13 23:35:00

Also to add this is a free and open platform for devs can put there games on but optionally can still use the main website it's hosted on on there browser, we don't aim to lock developers games on there but wish to give them a superior centralised platform gamers can optionally can use that gives the best performance ontop of like I said the games being accessible easily all in one place.

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2019-01-15 05:39:33

Would it be possible to resolve this issue, I have a few games no longer playable and would really like permission to use Newgrounds as a host with there same rules applied to the games on website as they also don't own the games.

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2019-01-15 14:22:51

At 1/15/19 05:39 AM, Gameslayer9999 wrote: Would it be possible to resolve this issue, I have a few games no longer playable and would really like permission to use Newgrounds

This isn't allowed for a variety of reasons. Thanks for understanding.

BBS Signature

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2019-01-17 05:10:05

At 1/15/19 02:22 PM, BrenTheMan wrote:
At 1/15/19 05:39 AM, Gameslayer9999 wrote: Would it be possible to resolve this issue, I have a few games no longer playable and would really like permission to use Newgrounds
This isn't allowed for a variety of reasons. Thanks for understanding.

What if I get permission or already have permission from the devs?

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2019-01-18 23:55:53

Does any other developers agree with me or what I am trying to achieve here not just for you developers but all gamers? would you developers and other users like to help support Gamer World and help create something amazing?

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2019-01-19 00:32:27 (edited 2019-01-19 00:33:12)

Real quick if you can, what does [</>] do in the text editor?

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2019-01-19 06:17:33

At 1/19/19 12:32 AM, Nabella wrote: Real quick if you can, what does [>] do in the text editor?

This.

Sig by Decky.

BBS Signature

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2019-01-23 16:53:14

At 1/18/19 11:55 PM, Gameslayer9999 wrote: Does any other developers agree with me or what I am trying to achieve here not just for you developers but all gamers? would you developers and other users like to help support Gamer World and help create something amazing?

I'm a gamer who agrees with you 100%.