00:00
00:00

FAQ Discussion Thread

17,143 Views | 165 Replies

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2017-07-02 03:17:40

At 4/8/17 10:47 PM, NekoMika wrote:
At 3/15/17 11:42 PM, GC88 wrote: FIX YOUR FUCKING SHIT I WAS LEVEL 48 ON MY OLD SAVE NOW I GO ON ABOUT 1 WEEK LATER, EVERYTHINGS FUCKING GONE, I ALREADY CHANGED PLATFORMS BUT THIS IS BULL SHIT, FYFS= FIX YOUR FUCKING SHIT
Are you referring to a game on Newgrounds?

STUPID ASS NEXUS PROJECT GAME

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2018-01-25 15:57:31

Quick question (I don't have a idea, where I could ask that, so sorry, if it is on the wrong place)

Does Newgrounds have a AudioAPI?
I know the have one for games, but is there one for Audio too?
I want to make a bot that can stream music from different platforms, including NG.

Every help (good or bad) is apreciated...

BBS Signature

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2018-01-26 09:54:56

At 1/25/18 03:57 PM, Andre601 wrote: Quick question (I don't have a idea, where I could ask that, so sorry, if it is on the wrong place)

I want to make a bot that can stream music from different platforms, including NG.

As in making money from your Audio on NG? Sadly we do not have such a feature at this time.

Request Reviews // #7 Reviewer // #2 Audio Reviewer

Audio / Review Moderator - PM with problems or questions

BBS Signature

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2018-01-26 16:41:10 (edited 2018-01-26 16:42:33)

At 1/26/18 09:54 AM, NekoMika wrote:
At 1/25/18 03:57 PM, Andre601 wrote: Quick question (I don't have a idea, where I could ask that, so sorry, if it is on the wrong place)

As in making money from your Audio on NG? Sadly we do not have such a feature at this time.

Why thinking, that I want to earn money? It's just a music-bot, everyone can use for free without any hidden fees, whatsoever.
I just want to give users a bot, that can play music from different platforms like YouTube and Newgrounds and I know from a friend, that NG can be used, but would be complicated....

Also I don't have any own music tho. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2018-02-15 17:43:58

Hello all, I cant find this anywhere, but maybe i missed it. So when i play flash games, (got adobe updated) the game screen 9/10 times is so big that i have to cut part of it off. Things like health bars, pop up tutorials, and other things i cant see or click easily while playing. Its starting to get frustrating. Can anyone help with this?

Do or do not, there is no try.

Unless you die like 60 times and gotta take a break and come back to it.

Use the FORRRRRRRRk

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2018-02-16 23:58:32

trying to watch new videos but nothing is showing, no video box, nothing clickable, just black screen.
the sound plays, but no video or interacting with the video. please help

I'm not sure what this is used for but I would guess it has something to do with the game? and you losing? right?

BBS Signature

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2018-02-18 18:47:25

Hello.
I want to send a private message but it says "you have disabled private messages"

And when i enable it it says the same error.

How can I fix that ?

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2018-02-19 22:43:41

At 2/18/18 06:47 PM, PiKmin-RoKRushDeRok wrote: Hello.
I want to send a private message but it says "you have disabled private messages"

And when i enable it it says the same error.

How can I fix that ?

Hi there,

Under your Edit Profile Information setting you can toggle "Messaging Options" It's sort of in the middle below gender selection and above the 'about you' text box. You can choose accept/send all which means you can receive PMs or send PMs to anyone else or 'accept only from friends which would be anyone you are friends with or off (which I think you have set now).

Sorry it is all a bit confusing but I know the site staff are working on streamlining things!

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! Sig pic by Peregrinus ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Blag [updated: 7/9/2018] ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2018-02-20 06:01:30

Oh thank you now i can send messages :) What a great person!

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2018-07-22 17:01:19

I just became a monthly supporter and none of my account stuff changed... Did I just get ripped off? ;.;

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2018-07-22 17:01:44

At 7/22/18 05:01 PM, DreamEater wrote: I just became a monthly supporter and none of my account stuff changed... Did I just get ripped off? ;.;

there is like 0 mention of this situation in the FAQ

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2018-07-22 17:26:01

At 7/22/18 05:01 PM, DreamEater wrote:
At 7/22/18 05:01 PM, DreamEater wrote: I just became a monthly supporter and none of my account stuff changed... Did I just get ripped off? ;.;
there is like 0 mention of this situation in the FAQ

What changes are you referring to?

Also; Supporter status gives the following perks:
- Access to the Supporters forum
- Ability to change your level icon to any previously unlocked icon you have unlocked for as long as you are a Supporter
- Ability to change your username once every 30 days with the option to make the old username redirect to your new username

Request Reviews // #7 Reviewer // #2 Audio Reviewer

Audio / Review Moderator - PM with problems or questions

BBS Signature

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2018-07-22 17:38:36

Like the basic ones... like a supporter badge and no ads... the stuff I thought I was paying for...

What changes are you referring to?

Also; Supporter status gives the following perks:
- Access to the Supporters forum
- Ability to change your level icon to any previously unlocked icon you have unlocked for as long as you are a Supporter
- Ability to change your username once every 30 days with the option to make the old username redirect to your new username

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2018-07-22 17:42:16

At 7/22/18 05:01 PM, DreamEater wrote: there is like 0 mention of this situation in the FAQ

It is in the FAQ right here :)

Send Liljim a PM by clicking here, and he can help!

Audio Portal Moderator. Flag stolen content. #VAC12

BBS Signature

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2018-07-22 18:10:32

Sketchy

At 7/22/18 05:42 PM, Peregrinus wrote:
At 7/22/18 05:01 PM, DreamEater wrote: there is like 0 mention of this situation in the FAQ
It is in the FAQ right here :)

Send Liljim a PM by clicking here, and he can help!

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2018-07-22 18:13:11

At 7/22/18 06:10 PM, DreamEater wrote: Sketchy

Which part, sending a private message to the programmer of Newgrounds? Here's his profile.

I wouldn't say "give Jim your banking info" but he can at least check if the payment went through or not.

BBS Signature

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2018-07-22 18:21:38

At 7/22/18 06:13 PM, Peregrinus wrote:
Which part, sending a private message to the programmer of Newgrounds? Here's his profile.

I wouldn't say "give Jim your banking info" but he can at least check if the payment went through or not.

The part where "click to become a supporter", turned into a wild goose chase. This was supposed to be simple, fuck me right?

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2018-07-22 18:23:10

I promise you the payment and monthly payment scheduling all checked out, something went wrong on their end and that is not what I paid for...

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2018-07-22 18:29:45

At 7/22/18 06:21 PM, DreamEater wrote: The part where "click to become a supporter", turned into a wild goose chase. This was supposed to be simple, fuck me right?
I promise you the payment and monthly payment scheduling all checked out, something went wrong on their end and that is not what I paid for...

It's rare, but mistakes happen for whatever reason. Tagging @TomFulp @Liljim both on the possibility there's a bug. Hopefully this can be corrected quickly so everyone can be happy.

BBS Signature

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2018-07-23 10:12:36

At 7/22/18 06:23 PM, DreamEater wrote:

Paypal made an update to their SDK that broke things on our end, it's fixed now. You should have gotten a refund and an email from liljim about it yesterday - let me know if you aren't seeing the refund.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2018-07-24 02:17:00

Paypal made an update to their SDK that broke things on our end, it's fixed now. You should have gotten a refund and an email from liljim about it yesterday - let me know if you aren't seeing the refund.

All good, everything is working as it should now.

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2018-07-24 04:01:46

:At 7/23/18 10:12 AM, TomFulp wrote:

Also apologies for being spicy Tom. I was just miffed about this because It took me a long time to get to a place financially to get involved in NG again, let alone donate to it.

All good now, everything is set up the way it should be and I even uploaded a fresh track tonight (just like the good old days). Thank you for your understanding and prompt reply.

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2018-07-24 04:31:15

At 7/22/18 06:29 PM, Peregrinus wrote:
It's rare, but mistakes happen for whatever reason. Tagging @TomFulp @Liljim both on the possibility there's a bug. Hopefully this can be corrected quickly so everyone can be happy.

Apologies to you as well Peregrinus, you didn't deserve that sass

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2018-07-24 07:15:59

At 7/24/18 04:31 AM, DreamEater wrote: Apologies to you as well Peregrinus, you didn't deserve that sass

It's okay, I get frazzled too when things like that happen. Glad it worked out.

BBS Signature

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2018-07-24 11:55:55

At 7/24/18 04:01 AM, DreamEater wrote:
At 7/23/18 10:12 AM, TomFulp wrote:
Also apologies for being spicy Tom. I was just miffed about this because It took me a long time to get to a place financially to get involved in NG again, let alone donate to it.

All good now, everything is set up the way it should be and I even uploaded a fresh track tonight (just like the good old days). Thank you for your understanding and prompt reply.

It's always scary / intense when it comes to on-line payment systems, I'm just glad it all worked out ok!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2018-08-02 21:25:44

How do I find out if a moderator/site owner is currently online?

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2018-08-02 23:26:32

At 8/2/18 09:25 PM, lamb612000 wrote: How do I find out if a moderator/site owner is currently online?

Go here and scroll to the bottom. Look at the users in forums. The light yellow names are Mods.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2018-08-02 23:40:23

At 8/2/18 09:25 PM, lamb612000 wrote: How do I find out if a moderator/site owner is currently online?

@Atlas mentioned finding forum mods online by looking at the bottom of the forum where it lists users online.

You can also take a look at the List of Moderators if you need one which help moderate outside of the forums. Is there something you need help with? (I’m not a forum mod myself).

BBS Signature

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2018-08-03 00:15:23

At 8/2/18 11:40 PM, Peregrinus wrote:
@Atlas mentioned finding forum mods online by looking at the bottom of the forum where it lists users online.

You can also take a look at the List of Moderators if you need one which help moderate outside of the forums. Is there something you need help with? (I’m not a forum mod myself).

Thank you both! I saw the place that said people online now, but didn't know what the different colors meant.

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2018-08-06 19:51:47

Where do I go to report a bug?

If it's here, great! If not, here's the problem anyway...
When submitting an animation I tried adding someone under "Additional Audio". He doesn't have a website and the field is marked optional however it won't let me add it without a valid URL.
If I put a single blank space in the URL field, it lets me add it (then if you click on the "link" it just opens a blank page).

FAQ Discussion Thread