00:00
00:00

FAQ Discussion Thread

17,130 Views | 165 Replies

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2015-04-04 04:10:47

Hey, Bren!!! I NEED HELP! I'm an unscouted member of the Audio portal, but I am not allowed to be scouted, even the ban I got had expired, because of Step. He shall be DE-MODDED (Not.).

A rising star on the rise...

BBS Signature

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2015-04-09 01:50:19

Hey, Bren!!! Can you tell me some reasons and causes on WHY am I blocked by some NG users? Even one of the moderators, Step, he blocked me. 3):(

BBS Signature

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2015-04-09 09:10:37

At 4/9/15 01:50 AM, Buddycarder wrote: Hey, Bren!!! Can you tell me some reasons and causes on WHY am I blocked by some NG users? Even one of the moderators, Step, he blocked me. 3):(

Only the users themselves can tell you why they blocked you. Then again, since they blocked you, you have no means of asking them. But from your previous post it's not hard to guess the reasons. Protip: Don't harass mods because of a ban.

You can't fight for peace. If you fight, there ain't peace. NO, I'M NOT AMERICAN!

On every ship that floats and sails, there's someone who the captain nails.

Sig by Decky.

BBS Signature

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2015-04-10 00:50:22

At 4/9/15 09:10 AM, NewgroundsMike wrote:
At 4/9/15 01:50 AM, Buddycarder wrote: Hey, Bren!!! Can you tell me some reasons and causes on WHY am I blocked by some NG users? Even one of the moderators, Step, he blocked me. 3):(
Only the users themselves can tell you why they blocked you. Then again, since they blocked you, you have no means of asking them. But from your previous post it's not hard to guess the reasons. Protip: Don't harass mods because of a ban.

The people in this community who blocked me are:
Waterflame, Step, and ForeverBound. (SRSLY)

BBS Signature

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2015-04-10 00:52:30

At 4/10/15 12:50 AM, Buddycarder wrote:

Maybe because of the signature I have written, because it is just a dare, so on, I will change the signature TO STOP harrasing the NG users.

BBS Signature

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2015-04-10 08:31:23

At 4/10/15 12:50 AM, Buddycarder wrote: The people in this community who blocked me are:

OK buddy, I'll give you this one shot, but I will NOT accept any responsibility for the outcome, whatever that may be. I'm just the messenger.

@Waterflame @Step @ForeverBound - Would any of you care to enlighten this poor soul?

Work done. NewgroundsMike out.

You can't fight for peace. If you fight, there ain't peace. NO, I'M NOT AMERICAN!

Sig by Decky.

BBS Signature

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2015-04-10 11:15:27

At 4/10/15 12:52 AM, Buddycarder wrote:
At 4/10/15 12:50 AM, Buddycarder wrote:
Maybe because of the signature I have written, because it is just a dare, so on, I will change the signature TO STOP harrasing the NG users.

You've been sending me invitations to join your audio projects non-stop. I think I got something like ten to fifteen invitations from you. The only reason I blocked you is so that I'd stop receiving them, because they were all projects I wasn't a part of. I'd be willing to bet that's also why Waterflame and ForeverBound blocked you.

If you want feedback on a submission of yours now and again, then kindly ask one of us in a PM, and don't send more if we don't reply or can't give you feedback. You can also use this thread to exchange reviews with other members of the community, which is really one of the best ways to get reviews. And as a rule of thumb, don't invite people who weren't involved at all in your projects.

Regarding the scouting, I scouted you - you should have received a private message in your inbox asking you if you'd like to accept.

Hope that makes sense.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2015-04-10 11:21:33

Thanks step for clearing this out. Only reason why I blocked you is cause there where so many invites and I'm not even part of the project or you didn't use any of my music etc. So there is no need for me to join them then.

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2015-04-28 06:17:03

I just spent quite some time trying to find what the file size limit is for submitting without any results, so here's a suggestion.
You might want to add to the FAQ what the current file size limit is for submissions, ex:
- What is the file size limit for submitting?
- current limit is ...M for swf, ...M for audio, ...M for art, etc.

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2015-05-03 11:46:58

I heard if you make a lot of alt accounts it will get you banned.
So, how many alt accounts can you make?

BBS Signature

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2015-05-10 10:51:08

http://www.newgrounds.com/wiki/help-information/site-moderation

It would be nice (unless I'm missing something) to have a link to the list of moderators from this page so people will know who to PM.

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2015-05-10 11:00:17

At 5/10/15 10:51 AM, Knuckstrike wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/wiki/help-information/site-moderation

It would be nice (unless I'm missing something) to have a link to the list of moderators from this page so people will know who to PM.

We had one but it kept getting out of date. I think @liljim was going to generate an automated list at some point but I don't know where we are with that.

BBS Signature

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2015-05-10 15:50:49

I decided against a public facing list for two reasons:

1. People would contact moderators who may or may not be able to respond in a timely fashion. We can't expect them to be around 24/7.
2. They would contact EVERY moderator on a given list with the same issue (often due to #1), which is a big waste of everyone's time.

I've been consolidating some of the mod tools and there's going to be live lists in each of those sections, so everyone on those teams should know who each other are.

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2015-05-10 16:41:27

At 5/3/15 11:46 AM, ArcadeDominator wrote: I heard if you make a lot of alt accounts it will get you banned.
So, how many alt accounts can you make?

A few is ok as long as it is not causing issues, if you start to creative massive amounts of accounts, you can expect them to get deleted.

Request Reviews // #7 Reviewer // #2 Audio Reviewer

Audio / Review Moderator - PM with problems or questions

BBS Signature

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2015-05-23 20:25:13 (edited 2015-05-23 20:25:39)

At 2/15/15 06:30 PM, BrenTheMan wrote: This will be the central discussion thread for the frequently asked questions (FAQ) wiki page.

Please post any corrections, additions, subtractions, and other recommendations here!

Please do not ask support questions in this thread.

Here a question: What is the best thing you can use to make audio for newgrounds? And i mean something free, no money, no downloads, no viruses, just something simple you can use to make music. ( I didn't see it in the FAQ, if the question was already answered, please tell me)

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2015-05-23 22:00:53

At 5/23/15 08:25 PM, SmileyShoes2 wrote: Here a question: What is the best thing you can use to make audio for newgrounds?

Your best bet is to ask the audio forum:

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/forum/13

BBS Signature

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2015-05-24 22:04:42

At 5/24/15 09:29 PM, ZeroDown wrote: In theory, is there a max amount of times you can be banned? Like, to the point where they just delete your account?

I believe it depends on the offense.

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2015-05-24 22:05:54

At 5/24/15 09:29 PM, ZeroDown wrote: In theory, is there a max amount of times you can be banned? Like, to the point where they just delete your account?

No, there isn't a number where your account is automatically locked or deleted. You won't be surprised by your account poofing away just because you hit 10 forum bans. In the rare cases where an account is locked or deleted there is very little surprise to anyone that it is going to happen.

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! Sig pic by Peregrinus ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Blag [updated: 7/9/2018] ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2015-05-24 22:45:48

Not really, you can be banned from the forums, reviews, and audio plenty of times and still be a member on the site. You have to be a constant toxic user and a drain of moderators and admins times constantly before they might even consider the user needing to be deleted (ie. always harassing users, stalking, being hateful, flamebaiting, shitposting / reviewing, etc etc)

Request Reviews // #7 Reviewer // #2 Audio Reviewer

Audio / Review Moderator - PM with problems or questions

BBS Signature

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2015-06-07 01:48:00 (edited 2015-06-07 01:53:32)

At 6/7/15 12:33 AM, ZeroDown wrote: How do you do that thing that some users do where they're posting and they have a part in their post that's kinda greyed out and pushed to the side?

Quoting?

Works like this:

: text

Looks like this:

text

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2015-06-07 08:20:23

At 6/7/15 01:48 AM, ThePulp wrote:
At 6/7/15 12:33 AM, ZeroDown wrote: How do you do that thing that some users do where they're posting and they have a part in their post that's kinda greyed out and pushed to the side?
Quoting?

Also make sure you don't forget the space between : and the text, or else you'll look like an idiot.

Sig by Decky.

BBS Signature

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2015-06-07 08:35:01 (edited 2015-06-07 08:35:57)

At 6/7/15 08:20 AM, NewgroundsMike wrote:
At 6/7/15 01:48 AM, ThePulp wrote:
Quoting?
don't forget the space between : and the text, or else you'll look like an idiot.

The single space.

More than one space is too much and less than one space is too little.

:text

text

:: text

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2015-06-22 18:39:49

I'm having a little trouble with my playlists. First of all, I can't figure out how to add songs to a playlist. To make matters worse, I don't know how to create new playlists! I REALLY want some answers!

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2015-06-23 15:45:35

At 6/22/15 06:39 PM, EthanWallee70 wrote: I'm having a little trouble with my playlists. First of all, I can't figure out how to add songs to a playlist. To make matters worse, I don't know how to create new playlists! I REALLY want some answers!

Above each song there's an 'add to playlist' button. Go to the song you want to put in a playlist and click said button. You can also make a new playlist there.

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2015-06-24 16:20:32

At 6/23/15 03:45 PM, Knuckstrike wrote:
At 6/22/15 06:39 PM, EthanWallee70 wrote: I'm having a little trouble with my playlists. First of all, I can't figure out how to add songs to a playlist. To make matters worse, I don't know how to create new playlists! I REALLY want some answers!
Above each song there's an 'add to playlist' button. Go to the song you want to put in a playlist and click said button. You can also make a new playlist there.

I just saw that before I saw your post!
Now I feel pretty silly.
Thanks for your help anyways.

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2015-07-16 23:00:40

At 7/16/15 10:33 PM, ZeroDown wrote: Is there any way to enter a private session and hide my online status?

Yep, just click this button in the header.

The real answer is "no."

FAQ Discussion Thread

BBS Signature

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2015-07-22 10:55:43

I have a problem. I play games, earning achievements. But they are not working! Like, i go to my page and my achievements aren't showing! And when i go to the game where i had an achievement, I didn't earned it (the game says)! Need some help!

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2015-07-22 11:14:56

Is this happening with one game in particular or all games?

All games. Its happening with all games.

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2015-07-22 23:52:14

What mod?
Also, it didnt happened last year. Something is really wrong with it.

Response to FAQ Discussion Thread 2015-07-26 10:58:24

Guys, i found this problem!
I used ADblock.

Sorry for worrying you. Now I have my medals.
:)