00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Super Chibi Knight & Throwback

6,020 Views | 18 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Monthly voting time! Check your account page to see if you're on the panel to decide the Best of November.

We're featuring Super Chibi Knight on our Steam curator page. It's by BoMToons (who goes by PestoForce for some games) and your support would be greatly appreciated! It's in early access at the moment. Follow our Steam curator page so you never miss games from the community! Can NG hit 10k followers by 2015?

If you missed it, the Halloween winners were posted this past week.

Today is Throwback Thursday and the biggest blast from the past may be this remastered release of Genryu's Blade, originally from 2000:

Welcome back Nelson!

The rest of the movies and games below are from this week in NG history. Games are in the first reply. Scan the list and share memories of your favorites! Do you love Throwback Thursday or is it becoming Throw-up Thursday at this point? I figured I'd do it for one year straight to cover every week in history. Feedback is always appreciated!

Movies

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Super Chibi Knight & Throwback 2014-12-04 15:16:44

Games

BBS Signature

Response to Super Chibi Knight & Throwback 2014-12-04 15:47:42

Thanks a ton for the shout out and feature Tom! Go Chibi Go!

Response to Super Chibi Knight & Throwback 2014-12-04 16:58:31

I liked the first one, so I'll give this a try. It'd better be awesome. ;)

Response to Super Chibi Knight & Throwback 2014-12-04 17:02:54

I have no regrets.

Super Chibi Knight & Throwback

At 12/4/14 03:16 PM, TomFulp wrote: Today is Throwback Thursday and the biggest blast from the past may be this remastered release of Genryu's Blade, originally from 2000:

Sheeeit, I remember seeing that movie way back when! Amazing remake! "These Pancakes Are Tiny" is another movie I really love to watch :)

www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/471998

Err... Apparently the link shows up as a regular link now. No preview image with rating and description? Odd.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Chibi Knight & Throwback 2014-12-04 17:36:52

At 12/4/14 04:58 PM, Barzona wrote: I liked the first one, so I'll give this a try. It'd better be awesome. ;)

I hope so, too. I remember playing the first one a couple days after release. I heard about SCK with a couple Internet searches, and I was excited. It's on Steam, so I hope it's free.

Response to Super Chibi Knight & Throwback 2014-12-04 17:41:18

At 12/4/14 05:14 PM, Whirlguy wrote: Err... Apparently the link shows up as a regular link now. No preview image with rating and description? Odd.

Wondering if it's because you don't have http://

BBS Signature

Response to Super Chibi Knight & Throwback 2014-12-04 18:31:34

Nah, I like Throwback Thursday, plus it might also be an idexable thing, like "Also created on this day:" in the left sidebar.
Thank Wade for me, I'll be calling the real estate agent soon as I'm settled (in a hobbit sized condo), planning my next move!
BTW, do you think you could shoehorn the original "Genryu's Blade" link in the OP (if it still exists here)?

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Chibi Knight & Throwback 2014-12-04 19:33:02

At 12/4/14 05:41 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 12/4/14 05:14 PM, Whirlguy wrote: Err... Apparently the link shows up as a regular link now. No preview image with rating and description? Odd.
Wondering if it's because you don't have http://
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/471998

So good that you posted it twice. I agree.

Super FTC!

It's terrible, but I'm trying to make it better.

At 12/4/14 05:41 PM, TomFulp wrote: Wondering if it's because you don't have http://
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/471998

Sounds likely. Maybe it works now with the http://?

Apparently it did, lol. Hmm, is this part of a new update where addresses are automatically anchored? Actually... Yeah, I'm unsure whether it was that way before.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Chibi Knight & Throwback 2014-12-05 01:46:40

Be sure to check your account settings, to see if you qualify for the best of November voting/contest!

Rats, 5 days into it, almost forgot!!

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Chibi Knight & Throwback 2014-12-05 09:56:31

Its sounds like a good idea. It gives players like me a chance to go back and play "classical games" we've missed.

Response to Super Chibi Knight & Throwback 2014-12-05 10:01:08

At 12/4/14 06:31 PM, VicariousE wrote: Nah, I like Throwback Thursday, plus it might also be an idexable thing, like "Also created on this day:" in the left sidebar.
Thank Wade for me, I'll be calling the real estate agent soon as I'm settled (in a hobbit sized condo), planning my next move!
BTW, do you think you could shoehorn the original "Genryu's Blade" link in the OP (if it still exists here)?

The original was removed years ago because Nelson was going under a name that was trademarked by someone else (ShockAnime I think?), so he removed his stuff after facing a trademark dispute, to my recollection at least.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Chibi Knight & Throwback 2014-12-05 10:04:15

At 12/5/14 01:46 AM, VicariousE wrote: Be sure to check your account settings, to see if you qualify for the best of November voting/contest!
Rats, 5 days into it, almost forgot!!

Jeez can't believe I totally forgot that! Updated.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Chibi Knight & Throwback 2014-12-05 12:27:53

Votes are handed in ^_^

Response to Super Chibi Knight & Throwback 2014-12-05 16:03:18

I remember Only Superhuman! I remember commenting that it reminded me of those short films at the Animation Celebrations I saw way back in the day. ;)

I have no idea what "Menya Zovut Shnur" is about, but it's catchy! The animation is slick and imaginative too.

CP6 is well done, it has a couple of mechanics I haven't seen anywhere else. It's REALLY hard, though. (that's what she said)

Oh, guess I better do the monthly votes today!

Response to Super Chibi Knight & Throwback 2014-12-06 02:58:57

Really, though. I played through Super Chibi Knight as far as the Alpha version would allow. It was p fun.

If you don't buy it, you are certainly a communist.

Response to Super Chibi Knight & Throwback 2014-12-11 16:12:27

That one brings back memories! :D Was wondering what happened to the original, good knowing, and definitely glad he's back here submitting stuff again!

Tons of great stuff as always.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature