00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

nuggetior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NG Theater Screening Wrap-Up!

13,307 Views | 44 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to NG Theater Screening Wrap-Up! 2014-11-26 10:40:28

At 11/26/14 06:35 AM, Whirlguy wrote:
At 11/25/14 07:06 PM, aap wrote: Great festival, I totally recommend it. If you can't afford it you can also volunteer and get an unlimited pass for free.
Neat! How many days did you visit? And what would you say were the most interesting things on the program?

I flew in Saturday afternoon and flew out EARLY Monday morning. I feel really guilty because I intended to see other screenings at the festival, but I was also meeting up with lots of NG people in LA and the time just flew by. Also nothing moves as quickly as you expect in LA, you spend a lot of time in traffic / waiting while other people are in traffic.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

That so awesome

i wish i could visit L.A

NG Theater Screening Wrap-Up!

Response to NG Theater Screening Wrap-Up! 2014-11-26 12:35:06

It was great seeing you again Tom, and watching Newgrounds content on the big screen. There was a lot of nostalgia, and a lot of oldies I had never seen before.

I would love it if this became a annual event! Curate the best of the year and screen it in a theater.

Response to NG Theater Screening Wrap-Up! 2014-11-26 13:19:37

At 11/26/14 10:40 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 11/26/14 06:35 AM, Whirlguy wrote:
At 11/25/14 07:06 PM, aap wrote: Great festival, I totally recommend it. If you can't afford it you can also volunteer and get an unlimited pass for free.
Neat! How many days did you visit? And what would you say were the most interesting things on the program?
I flew in Saturday afternoon and flew out EARLY Monday morning. I feel really guilty because I intended to see other screenings at the festival, but I was also meeting up with lots of NG people in LA and the time just flew by. Also nothing moves as quickly as you expect in LA, you spend a lot of time in traffic / waiting while other people are in traffic.

Haha, I think that question was directed at me Tom! Sorry for going a bit off topic here.

I was at Klik all week! My film The Sheep Shop was screened there so I got to go for free, and I watched pretty much all short animations plus a lot more. I think the student shorts were the most interesting. Sadly, most of them can't be found online.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Theater Screening Wrap-Up! 2014-11-26 13:25:19

At 11/26/14 01:19 PM, aap wrote: Haha, I think that question was directed at me Tom! Sorry for going a bit off topic here.

I was at Klik all week! My film The Sheep Shop was screened there so I got to go for free, and I watched pretty much all short animations plus a lot more. I think the student shorts were the most interesting. Sadly, most of them can't be found online.

Dammit that's one downside to the feed, a post shows up in my feed and I just assume it's for me when I haven't read the quoted text. :P

BBS Signature

Response to NG Theater Screening Wrap-Up! 2014-11-26 13:31:26

At 11/26/14 12:35 PM, Bowz wrote: It was great seeing you again Tom, and watching Newgrounds content on the big screen. There was a lot of nostalgia, and a lot of oldies I had never seen before.

I would love it if this became a annual event! Curate the best of the year and screen it in a theater.

Hoping we can do this sort of thing annually... It was REALLY NICE having the organizers in LA handle stuff, since event organizing gives me massive anxiety. I had enough anxiety just trying to get people together for dinner each night. Another reason why partnering with existing festivals would be cool.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Theater Screening Wrap-Up! 2014-11-26 14:48:28

At 11/26/14 01:19 PM, aap wrote: I was at Klik all week! My film The Sheep Shop was screened there so I got to go for free, and I watched pretty much all short animations plus a lot more. I think the student shorts were the most interesting. Sadly, most of them can't be found online.

That's a shame. I remember seeing a dvd with shorts from an animation festival once. Pretty interesting stuff. I remember it was mostly artsy. Sheep shop is a fun movie to watch. How were people's reactions? And how did you apply to get your movie shown at the festival anyway?

At 11/26/14 01:25 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 11/26/14 01:19 PM, aap wrote: Haha, I think that question was directed at me Tom! Sorry for going a bit off topic here.
Dammit that's one downside to the feed, a post shows up in my feed and I just assume it's for me when I haven't read the quoted text. :P

lol oops :D

At 11/26/14 10:40 AM, TomFulp wrote: I flew in Saturday afternoon and flew out EARLY Monday morning. I feel really guilty because I intended to see other screenings at the festival, but I was also meeting up with lots of NG people in LA and the time just flew by. Also nothing moves as quickly as you expect in LA, you spend a lot of time in traffic / waiting while other people are in traffic.

I can see why getting up and wandering off on your own would be inappropriate, lol. Shame to hear you didn't have the time to do everything you wanted to. Still it looks like you had a blast.

BBS Signature

Aw man, what a fun night! I loved the cartoon showcase - really brought back memories of the good 'ol days and reminded me how I never would have met Tomar if it weren't for this place. We would've stayed later if it wasn't a work night. Great seeing everyone again and meeting new people! I can't believe I met the dude behind SickAnimation and the real fuckin' STRAWBERRY CLOCK WOWIEZOWW#blastfromthepast
SEE YOU ALL AT MAGFEST! ;D

Response to NG Theater Screening Wrap-Up! 2014-11-27 01:25:00

At 11/25/14 01:20 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 11/25/14 01:17 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: That B made me lol so hard
Yeah was great hearing the audience cheer for B. I think my favorites of the night were how well Marc M played on the big screen.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/201050
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/204271

Hehe yeah that was neat

Response to NG Theater Screening Wrap-Up! 2014-11-27 02:17:28

At 11/26/14 01:31 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 11/26/14 12:35 PM, Bowz wrote: It was great seeing you again Tom, and watching Newgrounds content on the big screen. There was a lot of nostalgia, and a lot of oldies I had never seen before.

Hoping we can do this sort of thing annually... It was REALLY NICE having the organizers in LA handle stuff, since event organizing gives me massive anxiety. I had enough anxiety just trying to get people together for dinner each night. Another reason why partnering with existing festivals would be cool.

I had a blast with you man! If you need help organizing something for next year let me know, I'd be down for it again! Was great to have you in LA this time around, hopefully I'll be able to get around to your neck of the woods soon!

Response to NG Theater Screening Wrap-Up! 2014-11-27 02:45:10

At 11/27/14 02:20 AM, Xenomit wrote: Aziz Ansari has an evil demon brother!

WE'RE DOOMED

Ack, you got me! :)

Response to NG Theater Screening Wrap-Up! 2014-11-27 17:11:28

At 11/26/14 02:48 PM, Whirlguy wrote: That's a shame. I remember seeing a dvd with shorts from an animation festival once. Pretty interesting stuff. I remember it was mostly artsy. Sheep shop is a fun movie to watch. How were people's reactions? And how did you apply to get your movie shown at the festival anyway?

A lot of stuff I saw at Klik wasn't really artsy, they even had an episode from a new Cartoon Network series in their shorts competition.

I got positive reactions, people laughed and applauded at the end, so that was a great relief, haha.
I just send it to a lot of festivals, most of them just want a link to a digital file, so it's really easy to apply.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Theater Screening Wrap-Up! 2014-11-28 18:48:24

wow, what an event!
this must have been legendary!

i wish i could go in there.

oh well, nice to see newgrounds in a big animation festival, tho!
and strawberry clock's B in a huge screening, receiving the people's support/cheers?
WONDERFUL!

all this is epic, and thanks to you mr. Tom & Wade, newgrounds is great place for artists+animators around the world.

here's to more victories, and to even more recognition!
i love newgrounds!

Response to NG Theater Screening Wrap-Up! 2014-11-28 19:28:55

At 11/27/14 05:11 PM, aap wrote: A lot of stuff I saw at Klik wasn't really artsy, they even had an episode from a new Cartoon Network series in their shorts competition.

I got positive reactions, people laughed and applauded at the end, so that was a great relief, haha.
I just send it to a lot of festivals, most of them just want a link to a digital file, so it's really easy to apply.

Ha, that's cool. Sounds like a great audiance! Submitting to the festival sounds pretty straight-forward. I had no idea it would be that easy.

BBS Signature