00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

xrusteater0 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

EDIT Button, Stats AND Throwback!

32,888 Views | 149 Replies
Respond to this Topic

EDIT Button, Stats AND Throwback! 2014-09-25 09:45:50

The most long-awaited, most requested feature in the history of NG is finally a reality.

Today liljim has introduced...

THE FORUM EDIT BUTTON.

From the moment you make a post, you'll have 15 minutes to click the little pencil icon and make edits. The timestamp on your post will note the time of the last edit and an edit log will be maintained to prevent "edit abuse."

Another small but cool update: The timestamps on individual posts, e.g. "1 minute ago", will update real-time while you're reading a forum thread!

Other Great News This Week

The Madness: Project Nexus 2 Kickstarter surpassed its funding goal of $56k, wrapping up at $64,214. That was largely thanks to YOU GUYS so, THANK YOU!

The Nefarious Kickstarter, featuring art from Brad Borne aka DrNeroCF, reached its $50k goal!

The Newgrounds Facebook passed 200k fans.

Our Steam curator page has nearly 3,000 followers. This should be a nice long-term outpost for getting Steam players to buy more games from NG peeps.

If you have a game on Steam and a history on NG, let me know! There are a few awesome games I've been on the fence about adding, for example Derek Yu has an old game on NG from 2004, so technically Spelunky could qualify - but is that stretching it? Going further, Matt Thorson has a game that was published by Adult Swim on NG, so Tower Fall starts to drift into the broader orbit...

Looking for a new Kickstarter to support? Blossom Tales looks lovely.

Today is Throwback Thursday and I have big lists of movies and games from this week in NG history. I'll post them in the first replies to this thread so keep reading.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to EDIT Button, Stats AND Throwback! 2014-09-25 09:45:55

There's gonna be a ton of Madness movies in this Throwback because this week includes every Madness Day since 2007. Consider it a celebration of the Project Nexus 2 Kickstarter getting funded!

Movies

BBS Signature

Response to EDIT Button, Stats AND Throwback! 2014-09-25 09:46:03

More Movies

BBS Signature

Response to EDIT Button, Stats AND Throwback! 2014-09-25 09:46:11

Games

BBS Signature

Response to EDIT Button, Stats AND Throwback! 2014-09-25 09:54:51

Finally, an edit button! There is a god.

Response to EDIT Button, Stats AND Throwback! 2014-09-25 09:58:12

HOLY SHIT YESSSS

Bandcamp | Ko-Fi | John Wall of Sound's Bandcamp

one of these days i'll have a proper website lmao

I am 100% against this edit post button.

EDIT: Still against it.

BBS Signature

Response to EDIT Button, Stats AND Throwback! 2014-09-25 10:04:01

AT LAST AN EDIT BUTTON!
Thanks liljim! :D

Drawin' and being trash. :3

Response to EDIT Button, Stats AND Throwback! 2014-09-25 10:04:42

At 9/25/14 09:45 AM, TomFulp wrote: The most long-awaited, most requested feature in the history of NG is finally a reality.

Today liljim has introduced...

THE FORUM EDIT BUTTON.

OH FINALLY! <3 A button for when I'm posting while sleep deprived and hindsight tells me that said post needs to be fixed!

Response to EDIT Button, Stats AND Throwback! 2014-09-25 10:09:52

It would be nice if liljim made it so you can edit other peoples post.

Maybe the next version?

Also first post.

None

BBS Signature

Response to EDIT Button, Stats AND Throwback! 2014-09-25 10:10:36

At 9/25/14 09:54 AM, fieldertiger wrote: Why do you have to accept this forum edit button, Tom? Just why? I have to clear my cache and history to get rid of this few seconds ago thing but it still doesn't work for me. I have to clear all of my beautiful browser history to ashes because of this screw up. Also, if you want to know what browser I use, it's Safari.

Stop using Safari. lol

Just some dork who's loved NG since 2004, yet isn't very artistic himself. You should check out my massive favorites lists.

I like the edit button, a nice addition! Sometimes you just have errors in your posts, grammatically or content wise so it's good to have a time window to fix them. Very happy about this new feature. Also allows to retro-actively add a Newgrounds emote to your post or choose another one, so that's cool too ^^

Tuturu~ ♫

Without truth, there is no justice.

Asandir's interviews with Newgrounds forum users

BBS Signature

Response to EDIT Button, Stats AND Throwback! 2014-09-25 10:12:13

At first I thought the TBT idea was a bit silly but I realized not everyone is a huge NG nerd and probably missed most of the great stuff you guys dig up for these lists. It's a great way to sum up some of the best moments a lot of us have had on here.

Just some dork who's loved NG since 2004, yet isn't very artistic himself. You should check out my massive favorites lists.

Response to EDIT Button, Stats AND Throwback! 2014-09-25 10:14:01

At 9/25/14 10:05 AM, SCTE3 wrote: Yay, and oh well. If someone decides to attempt abusing the button, I can ban them for it obviously. Otherwise, uhm.. I guess just try to double check you are saying what you need to the first time.
woohoo kickstarter and steam stuff <3

How can you abuse an edit button? :o

Drawin' and being trash. :3

Woah, wasn't expecting this update!

Edit: I do, however miss the feature where hovering over the links to individual posts gave you a time stamp.

Response to EDIT Button, Stats AND Throwback! 2014-09-25 10:19:33

Tom! No! No, no, no! Take off the edit button! Knowing the intelligence of the average forum poster, it's only a matter of time until people abuse it. I'm warning you, this isn't such a good idea...

PSN:Ryder-Omega/Steam:Ryder Omega

I'm that lazy bastard who doesn't bother to take down his damn Christmas lights. I still have the fucking kriss-kringle hats from last year!

BBS Signature

Response to EDIT Button, Stats AND Throwback! 2014-09-25 10:27:56

At 9/25/14 10:19 AM, RyderOmega wrote: Tom! No! No, no, no! Take off the edit button! Knowing the intelligence of the average forum poster, it's only a matter of time until people abuse it. I'm warning you, this isn't such a good idea...

I hereby swear to the Almighty Tom Fulp that I will never use it.
Wanna join in?

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to EDIT Button, Stats AND Throwback! 2014-09-25 10:33:43

At 9/25/14 10:27 AM, NewgroundsMike wrote:
At 9/25/14 10:19 AM, RyderOmega wrote: Tom! No! No, no, no! Take off the edit button! Knowing the intelligence of the average forum poster, it's only a matter of time until people abuse it. I'm warning you, this isn't such a good idea...
I hereby swear to the Almighty Tom Fulp that I will never use it.
Wanna join in?

For the greater good of the BBS to boycott the edit button? Sure, count me in.

PSN:Ryder-Omega/Steam:Ryder Omega

I'm that lazy bastard who doesn't bother to take down his damn Christmas lights. I still have the fucking kriss-kringle hats from last year!

BBS Signature

Every thread and post says it was posted a few seconds ago in case it doesn't for you guys. I'm on my phone so I'm not sure if there's a cache delete option.

Edit: ok
Edit edit: the box with edited content runs away from me when I try to zoom in and scroll.

Response to EDIT Button, Stats AND Throwback! 2014-09-25 10:43:27

At 9/25/14 10:38 AM, Zachary wrote:
At 9/25/14 09:45 AM, TomFulp wrote: If you have a game on Steam and a history on NG, let me know! There are a few awesome games I've been on the fence about adding, for example Derek Yu has an old game on NG from 2004, so technically Spelunky could qualify - but is that stretching it?
You can describe the page as people who have submitted content to Newgrounds?

Yeah basically what it boils down to... Curious to get feedback on how "exclusive" people think it should be... I think if we're TOO exclusive with how much community involvement is expected, it could end up being too limiting long-term, especially since a lot of game devs don't really spend time in forums in general.

BBS Signature

Response to EDIT Button, Stats AND Throwback! 2014-09-25 10:47:04

Yes! Thanks Tom!

till we overdose

Well this is great after all. Edit number 1, well this is great I see the pencil icon. Too bad you can't submit pictures after you try to edit. Really best to happen at the BBS 10/10.

SM/AMA/FAQs (Now both are ready, well sort of) My shortcuts

BBS Signature

Response to EDIT Button, Stats AND Throwback! 2014-09-25 10:48:00

@TomFulp
You missed this one for a throwback (today is actually the anniversary):

Still one of the games I'm most proud of conceptually.

Response to EDIT Button, Stats AND Throwback! 2014-09-25 10:49:34

At 9/25/14 10:48 AM, BoMToons wrote: @TomFulp
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/549242

When I go through the P-Bot posts, there's this weird batch of years where they seem to be off by a day, where I actually miss the stuff that is celebrating the day of it's anniversary - this happened with Alien Hominid also. It will end up on my radar next week... We should still plug this. Maybe I'll put it out on social now if the slot is open!

BBS Signature

Response to EDIT Button, Stats AND Throwback! 2014-09-25 10:50:32

At 9/25/14 10:48 AM, BoMToons wrote: @TomFulp
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/549242

Oh next social post is going out in 10 minutes... HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

BBS Signature

Well it's about god damn time.

EDIT: Yep.

Last.fm | Xbox LIVE - TEE B1ZZL3 | Steam

BBS Signature

Response to EDIT Button, Stats AND Throwback! 2014-09-25 10:54:35

I followed the Newgrounds Steam Curator page, hopefully I'll have some stuff to be added to that page in the future. I didn't realise how many of the current additions had originally started on Newgrounds, it's really cool to see.

Tale of Enki: Pilgrimage, an RPG with a few twists. Available to buy it on Steam here!

BBS Signature

Response to EDIT Button, Stats AND Throwback! 2014-09-25 10:57:25

At 9/25/14 10:54 AM, VoidForce wrote: I followed the Newgrounds Steam Curator page, hopefully I'll have some stuff to be added to that page in the future. I didn't realise how many of the current additions had originally started on Newgrounds, it's really cool to see.

Yeah I'm always surprised at PAX when I talk to indie devs and they have some NG history to share. Lots of people who never get engaged with the forums but still had a presence. Just this week I found out that the Rex Rocket creator, who I follow on Twitter, has some earlier games on NG! He's making Blossom Tales at the moment, the Kickstarter I just plugged.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1441844041/blossom-tales-the-sleeping-king

BBS Signature

Response to EDIT Button, Stats AND Throwback! 2014-09-25 10:58:36

Cool, now silly people can de-silly their posts.

Also, I would include Derek. Once NG, always NG.

Response to EDIT Button, Stats AND Throwback! 2014-09-25 10:59:37

At 9/25/14 10:02 AM, Magical-Zorse wrote: I am 100% against this edit post button.

EDIT: Still against it.

I'm with you.

"You're a bit of a ghoul - aren't you?"---ZeroAsALimit.

BBS Signature