00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mishirozen just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Audio Portal Cleanup

703,038 Views | 5,391 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-01-17 10:48:02

At 1/17/17 07:17 AM, cank wrote:
Wait, did you warn this user not to post this track on NG?

Yep, she went ahead and did it anyways.

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-01-17 19:18:04

Lensko - Cetus
Stolen bullshit

~S~

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-01-17 19:33:13

At 1/17/17 07:18 PM, Skiddle wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/723239
Lensko - Cetus
Stolen

"The sound is not mine"

...but, the ban is. >:)

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-01-18 00:00:11

At 1/17/17 08:19 PM, cank wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/723170
Not sure about this one. Just uploaded.

"This is a pretty nice remix"

Sounds stolen judging by that description, unless you were really narcissistic about your work.

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-01-18 00:30:33 (edited 2017-01-18 00:37:05)

At 1/17/17 08:19 PM, cank wrote: Not sure about this one. Just uploaded.
At 1/18/17 12:00 AM, BlueAlpha14 wrote: Sounds stolen judging by that description...

Hey, guys. This is not the "sounds stolen" or "I'm not sure" thread. If you find a stolen item, yeah, report it here. If you're unsure, please do a bit of research. Please don't leave that for the mods to do. You've seen the lists that get posted here. Imagine if you had to research each and every one on one of those lists. That's a lot of work, and mods don't get paid for this. The only perk we get is the joy of kicking out a stolen item, and maybe slapping a ban on a thief.

Actually, anything reported as stolen here, really is supposed to have some kind of proof, like a link or something. Now, obviously, if the author comments are, (said with a country hick accent)> "This ain't mine, but I'm on Geometry Dash! (yeehaw!)", then yeah, that's an obvious one. Otherwise, please post links or proof or something that saves the mods from having a list of work waiting when we log on. We like to play on Newgrounds too, and honestly, sometimes we don't get to once we get the work done, because we're out of time for the evening.

I'm not raggin on anyone, but I felt it necessary to point that out so everyone knows.

Example:

Just uploaded. Stolen from Royalty Free Music:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFMU3srPbn0

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-01-18 01:15:21

At 1/18/17 12:30 AM, Exedor wrote:
At 1/17/17 08:19 PM, cank wrote: Not sure about this one. Just uploaded.
At 1/18/17 12:00 AM, BlueAlpha14 wrote: Sounds stolen judging by that description...
Hey, guys. This is not the "sounds stolen" or "I'm not sure" thread.

Yo. Like, how many "I'm not sure" reports have been removed off here? (Especially from Monsterboy and I) And now when cank reports one it's a problem? I mean, the dude clearly states "this is a nice remix". And to me, that raises a red flag because I've never heard any legit artist say in their description "wow this is really good music". At least, I never have. I make music for others to listen to, not for my personal entertainment.

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-01-18 20:32:04 (edited 2017-01-18 20:39:23)

^Stole another song, I doubt this is legit

But oh wait, apparently I can't do that :P so: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvipPYFebWc

^If I had a dollar for every time I reported this song

^Desmeon - Hellcat [NCS Release]

^Dear GD users, STOP UPLOADING THIS

^How to, and this dude didn't even sound like he was trying

^Literally if the person wouldn't have put the artist name in the title, I would've mistaken it for Datsik. I never knew how similar the two sounded.

Oh yeah, and @Exedor:

is stolen from: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaG4Lm1fTVM

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-01-18 20:34:34

At 1/18/17 07:14 PM, MonsterboyGD wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/633404

Good find, I was about to say that was legit because the alias' match until I listened to it realizing it was K-391 and the artist disguised is as their own. I guess I need to be on the lookout for more of their "sly" tricks like that.

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-01-18 21:29:48 (edited 2017-01-18 21:30:49)

^Do I even need to explain this one? It's an audio rip with a bunch of screaming earrape.

^Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-anXVb4Yms

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-01-18 22:20:11

At 1/18/17 08:34 PM, BlueAlpha14 wrote: Good find, I was about to say that was legit because the alias' match until I listened to it realizing it was K-391 and the artist disguised is as their own. I guess I need to be on the lookout for more of their "sly" tricks like that.

This is extremely common. I make a few passes through unscouted daily. First pass is looking for suspicious names back to page 5 or so. Second pass is listening to each individual song. Always read descrips. Always read summaries. When you find something suspicious, always search the title. You might find more. I wish the internet had an audio search built in where you could dig for similar mp3s. I would love that.

@Exedor re: not a "sounds like" stolen thread, I agree on one foot, but are you also saying that users shouldn't ask here if they feel something might be breaking the rules, or might be stolen?

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-01-18 22:31:23

At 1/18/17 10:20 PM, EDM364 wrote:
I wish the internet had an audio search built in where you could dig for similar mp3s. I would love that.

How would that work, I wonder?

but are you also saying that users shouldn't ask here if they feel something might be breaking the rules, or might be stolen?

I already found out the song was stolen by 5 seconds of research lol. Still, basically the users in this thread are helping out the moderators a lot imo. The least they could do is once in a while investigate a song. I mean, we're not allowed to ask for evidence because that's a moderators job (Exedor even stated this) and if we make a false assumption it counts against us. So, I didn't really get Exedor's point.

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-01-18 23:17:43

^Eiffel 65, yep stolen

^Literally 37 seconds of annoying singing and the rest is all silence. Please don't tell me this is worth keeping on here, even for unscouted.

^Dec3mber and EH!DE - Hyperreality

^Admits in all 3 of these the song is not his

^Anime song, says in description

^Admits in description it's not theirs

^*ahem* How the hell is Imagine Dragons dubstep?

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-01-18 23:47:41

At 1/18/17 10:20 PM, EDM364 wrote: @Exedor re: not a "sounds like" stolen thread, I agree on one foot, but are you also saying that users shouldn't ask here if they feel something might be breaking the rules, or might be stolen?

The official purpose of this thread hasn't changed. It's on page 1:

At 9/24/14 07:56 AM, B16 wrote: In this thread, report any Audio Portal submissions which break the rules detailed in the

Audio Portal Guidelines.

It's for users to report audio that violates the rules. This is the audio counterpart to the Elite Guard Barracks, which is where users report movie and game submissions. It's always been expected that when a user reports something, they provide proof as to their claim. Now yes, the occasional report comes thru where the user can't pin down the original, or they just post their concerns about something, and that's fine.

But every so often, we have to remind the users that they need to put a little more effort into their reporting. No one wants more work made for them, and people need to know that proving their claims helps out, whereas, not doing so makes a lot of work for the moderators. We want to enjoy Newgrounds too, and play games, and watch movies, just like everyone else. However, the more often that you spend half-to-all of your available Newgrounds time on modding, the more you appreciate the users who make the job easier, vs the ones that don't. Imagine have 2 hours of free time and getting 10 minutes to actually play.

Yes, if you have questions about a submission, feel free to post them.

As for what happened earlier, one report said "Not sure about this one.." Ok. Another said, "Sounds stolen..."

Basically, they just jumped on something from a weak vantage point, and a little bit of research would've strengthened the position. So I posted what I did to encourage a little more effort. We all get excited about smacking down the bad guy, and I love seeing them get brought to justice as much as anybody. But, that doesn't change the fact that a correct and full report beats a suspicion any day.

At 1/18/17 10:31 PM, BlueAlpha14 wrote:
At 1/18/17 10:20 PM, EDM364 wrote: I wish the internet had an audio search built in where you could dig for similar mp3s. I would love that.
How would that work, I wonder?

Shazam is a song locator that can be accessed on your smartphone. I don't have one yet. :\ Also, I've heard that google can do audio searches, but I haven't gotten familiar with that and I have no helpful instruction on it at the moment.

I already found out the song was stolen by 5 seconds of research lol.

See? It easy and it helps us when you prove your statements so we don't have to research everyone's reports.

the users in this thread are helping out the moderators a lot imo.

Yes, and we do appreciate the reports.

The least they could do is once in a while investigate a song.

Which we do. A lot. For the ones that you all report, how many do we investigate ourselves?

I mean, we're not allowed to ask for evidence because that's a moderators job (Exedor even stated this)

There's a difference between a moderator contacting a user and requesting info, bs a random user sending a PM saying "who the hell are you?!!!" See the difference there? You can, however, research a questionable submission on youtube or whatever, and you help us by doing so and posting your findings. That's my point.

and if we make a false assumption it counts against us.

Which is why you research things. I've run across many things that I was sure were stolen!! And then, I searched for the original and found the original creator was right there in front of me. Then, you scout them cuz they're an awesome find, right? If you don't want to get hit by wrong accusations and flags, then research them so you're sure one way or the other. You do have that power, and it's a wise thing to do.

So, I didn't really get Exedor's point.

See above. I hope that explains things better. ;)

At 1/18/17 08:32 PM, BlueAlpha14 wrote: Oh yeah, and @Exedor:
is stolen from: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaG4Lm1fTVM

See? Wasn't so hard, right? You're doing well already. Thank you. It IS appreciated. ;)

At 1/18/17 11:17 PM, BlueAlpha14 wrote: lotsa reports

Most have temp bans, thanks to you. :3

Love these. No research necessary, and a for sure ban. >:)

^*ahem* How the hell is Imagine Dragons dubstep?

Well, easy. Im-ma-ghig-ghi-ghighighi-gine -gine Drah-gine-drah-gine Dra-ah-ah-ah-gon-g-g-g-g-ons...

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-01-19 00:17:38

At 1/18/17 11:47 PM, Exedor wrote: Explanation on the "not sure" reports.

Which it does make sense, I know it can get annoying when someone doesn't do the work. Maybe in the future we can just put "hey we don't know if this is stolen but we have suspicions?"

Also, I've heard that google can do audio searches, but I haven't gotten familiar with that and I have no helpful instruction on it at the moment.

Like, you insert an mp3 file or something? I'm not even gonna bother comprehending that.

I already found out the song was stolen by 5 seconds of research lol.
See? It easy and it helps us when you prove your statements so we don't have to research everyone's reports.

Well, researching for a remix can be quite obscure imo. That was the first result, luckily. But who knows how many times that song was remixed.

I mean, we're not allowed to ask for evidence because that's a moderators job (Exedor even stated this)
There's a difference between a moderator contacting a user and requesting info, bs a random user sending a PM saying "who the hell are you?!!!" See the difference there?

Indeed, I do. But in a case of wanting to scout someone, and we nicely ask for evidence, is it ok in that instance? Because, I'd hate to be banned for scouting a thief. That's why on cank's profile I came up with this idea of making this team of staff called "recruiters" to scout people and scouted people would no longer be able to scout themselves, but only recommend a scout to the recruiter staff.

and if we make a false assumption it counts against us.
Which is why you research things.

Yes, that's a logic explanation. But some of the time I notice users will title stuff saying "for gd", "nice song", "ultra dubstep", etc. Even being the audiophile I am I don't always recognize the song. In that case I base my assumptions of how pro does this sound for a first song?

At 1/18/17 11:17 PM, BlueAlpha14 wrote: lotsa reports
Most have temp bans, thanks to you. :3

Only temp bans are given? I thought theft counted as a permanent ban, considering how serious it's taken.

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-01-19 02:54:57

At 1/19/17 12:17 AM, BlueAlpha14 wrote:
At 1/18/17 11:47 PM, Exedor wrote: Explanation on the "not sure" reports.
Which it does make sense, I know it can get annoying when someone doesn't do the work. Maybe in the future we can just put "hey we don't know if this is stolen but we have suspicions?"

That would be better. It's better to list your suspicions. Better to say "Sounds so familiar, but I haven't been able to place it..." than to say only, "Seems stolen!" Right?

Also, I've heard that google can do audio searches, but I haven't gotten familiar with that and I have no helpful instruction on it at the moment.
Like, you insert an mp3 file or something? I'm not even gonna bother comprehending that.

Yeah, which is why I have no helpful instruction on that yet. :\ Shazam is a phone app, and you just hols the phone up to a speaker so it can get a sample of the music. I wish I had that. :'(

Well, researching for a remix can be quite obscure imo.

Search for the original. If it's got enough of the original, chances are it'll fall foul and get removed. Remixes are a grey area, and are a pain. :\ Each gets reviewed individually.

Indeed, I do. But in a case of wanting to scout someone, and we nicely ask for evidence, is it ok in that instance?

If you ask for "evidence" or "proof" then you'll either upset them or clue them in. Rather, ask them if they have any other work. Ask them how they make their submissions, what software they use, etc. Don't mention scouting, since you're not supposed to mention it anyway, and a lot of new users have no idea what you're talking about at first. I ask that stuff in reviews all the time, and very often on items I suspect may not be legit. How they answer can tell you lots. Sometimes, they'll even admit it's stolen. But, basically, you're asking for more info, and doing it in an unobtrusive way. By doing it in reviews, you peak the interest of other users who may want to know the same thing. Someone might pop in and say 'hey, you're not [whatever artist], and this is [song title by artist]!!!" and then you know. Or, they light link their Soundcloud in their profile page so you can see more.

Because, I'd hate to be banned for scouting a thief.

Thieves are like ticks. If you pick up one on accident, get rid of it and you're fine. Pick em up every week and ...yeah.

I came up with this idea of making this team of staff called "recruiters" to scout people

They're called 'scouted artists' and they're already here. ;)

Yes, that's a logic explanation. But some of the time I notice users will title stuff saying "for gd", "nice song", "ultra dubstep", etc. Even being the audiophile I am I don't always recognize the song. In that case I base my assumptions of how pro does this sound for a first song?

Those are clues that help your radar pick up on possible theft. Yeah, I don't know all songs either; no one does. I search (plain ol' google) by the name, cuz often, the thief uses a similar or same name as the original. Found one earlier today that way. Sometimes they list the artist's name, so you can search for that. When they list nothing, those are a pain.

But again, if it's difficult for you to research, how does that make it for us; when we have 20 or 30 unknowns, not just a few, y'know?

At 1/18/17 11:17 PM, BlueAlpha14 wrote:
Only temp bans are given? I thought theft counted as a permanent ban, considering how serious it's taken.

Depends on the situation. Better to start with short bans and give them an opportunity to change than to kill their submit capabilities forever over one instance. Some know they're uploading stolen, and the ones that say "NOT MINE! ALL CREDIT GOES TO..." get longer bans just cuz they're proving that they know better and don't think they'll get caught. Some, however, just assume it's one of those "upload whatever you want" sites, and that's not the case.

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-01-19 04:48:42 (edited 2017-01-19 04:52:58)

At 1/18/17 11:47 PM, Exedor wrote: A thought-out, well written post

You're right on all counts. It's great when I don't have to sift through 50 reports in addition to doing what I already do through unscouted daily, and sometimes the backlog here does get me down if I have to go through each individual report. Hence a nice note has always been a godsend -- even something as simple as "stolen from monstercat on YT" tells me a lot more than nothing! I spent a full 2 weeks of Christmas break without depositing, I think, for investigating stolen audio, which was not fun; although I did enjoy getting theft off the site, I do like to hang and play too, as well as have time to do my side projects, go on dates, etc. Plus, more notes equals more data for my little research project, that diary I've been keeping for the past few days. I'm not a super busy human by any means, have no set sleep schedule, and no job as of yet, but I love clearcut work laid out for me!

@Exedor, thanks for clearing up what you meant. The way you had it phrased before, it sounded as if you were discouraging users from bringing up concerns about content that might be stolen. Now we know you were more trying to tell them to do it properly, as the main purpose of the thread is for reporting, not saying "this is suspicious". After all, we don't remove audio for being suspicious. Thanks for going through here while I was konked out btw.

@BlueAlpha14 some of the submissions you're reporting are GD spam but aren't stolen or ear rape with audio in the background. Exedor has stated at one point to just v0te appr0priately on these, because removing them would be robbing the NG userbase of its voice and censoring the site to individual moderators' tastes, which we don't want. The fact this stuff exists stands to prove that some people do enjoy it, and as long as the submission doesn't break NG rules (not own work or ear rape especially), no matter how shitty it is, this will probably continue. That is, UNLESS a system similar to the flash portal's is implemented and a certain score per number of votes will queue deletion. This would open up the portal to a lot more abuse by vindictive users though -- having the power to get users' and moderators' stuff deleted via alternate accounts, etc.

Re: audio searches, the only ones I know of are for mobile phones and that may not be an option if you have housemates you don't want to annoy, since they require you to hold your phone up to the speakers. @cank mentioned the headphone trick probably won't work.

Re: banning, if I get the sense the user is blatantly ignoring our rules, I'll give a long ban. If they're doing it for GD, I was advised to give really long bans. That banner ain't up there for nothing, and most of these people aren't interested in our actual site or making music themselves. If they come back with their own stuff later and dispute the ban, that's one thing. If they don't know our rules and think it's just anything-goes, usually I give the benefit of the doubt, but stealing stuff is not the same as ear rape spam. Theft is a pretty major thing, considering you only have to have a basic understanding of English and morality to know that it's wrong and we don't allow it here.

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-01-19 10:58:45

At 1/19/17 02:54 AM, Exedor wrote:
At 1/19/17 12:17 AM, BlueAlpha14 wrote:

Indeed, I do. But in a case of wanting to scout someone, and we nicely ask for evidence, is it ok in that instance?
If you ask for "evidence" or "proof" then you'll either upset them or clue them in. Rather, ask them if they have any other work. Ask them how they make their submissions, what software they use, etc.

Asking them for other work could probably trigger them into just showing me more stolen stuff lol.

Thieves are like ticks. If you pick up one on accident, get rid of it and you're fine. Pick em up every week and ...yeah.

One of my friends got permanently banned for scouting a thief, and didn't know the songs were stolen.

I came up with this idea of making this team of staff called "recruiters" to scout people
They're called 'scouted artists' and they're already here. ;)

Yeah, but we're not really allowed to ask as many questions as the staff can. Recruiters could count as staff.

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-01-19 11:49:28 (edited 2017-01-19 11:50:51)

At 1/19/17 10:58 AM, BlueAlpha14 wrote: Asking them for other work could probably trigger them into just showing me more stolen stuff lol.

Bingo. Either you find out they aren't legit, or they admit stealing, or you find a decent artist worth scouting. Asking for evidence is really confrontational and I really just don't recommend it. Why? If someone other than a mod asked me for a project file or evidence my songs were mine, I'd be pretty pissed and probably just ignore them, maybe even report them if they weren't ... well, as polite as you can be with something as touchy and uncouth as demanding proof from someone who could just be an established artist porting their work over to NG. If they wanted to see more of my work, I'd ... well, there are like 3 or 4 songs not on NG that are on SC or YT. It's not the place of a user to interrogate another user, because that makes the user experience kind of sucky.

One of my friends got permanently banned for scouting a thief, and didn't know the songs were stolen.

What's more likely is he had his ability to scout revoked. If so, you can just tell him to contact Tom and explain his situation.

Yeah, but we're not really allowed to ask as many questions as the staff can. Recruiters could count as staff.

Essentially, the moderators already fill this position -- unless you're saying to restrict scouting ability to users that have been scouted. I think this happened before @PsychoGoldfish fixed tree scouting (to keep accidentally scouting a baddie from harming the most likely well-meaning scouter). It's been long enough since that was fixed that I don't really know anymore, honestly. I could definitely see the usefulness of a more knowledgeable, dedicated, and trustworthy panel of people to scout artists, sort of like the house of representatives compared to the senate (moderators), all under the admins. The general public (users) are not always thorough when they recommend someone, and neither are they always rule abiding. It's an interesting concept that I think the more hardcore members around site may relish -- being able to help out more directly. The unscouted section is growing out of control with the number of thefts, as well. It's becoming harder and harder to review the real submissions for having to flush out the theft, ear-rape, and rule breaking crap.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-01-19 18:52:28

At 1/19/17 11:49 AM, EDM364 wrote:
Bingo. Either you find out they aren't legit, or they admit stealing, or you find a decent artist worth scouting. Asking for evidence is really confrontational and I really just don't recommend it. Why? If someone other than a mod asked me for a project file or evidence my songs were mine, I'd be pretty pissed and probably just ignore them,

Shouldn't it really depends on how they word it? I mean, I've only asked in the process of scouting. I've never said "hey I think you stole this song" or "this song doesn't sound like it's yours". It's simply for protection of not wanting to be banned off the audio portal and all my songs removed. Because, I get more attention for my songs here than on SC and YT

What's more likely is he had his ability to scout revoked. If so, you can just tell him to contact Tom and explain his situation.

He also got his audio removed, and is not allowed to submit any other audio. I told him to contact Tom, but he never got back to him. That and I was told Tom wouldn't reverse the ban anyways/

Essentially, the moderators already fill this position -- unless you're saying to restrict scouting ability to users that have been scouted.

Yeah, and it would also be less work on the mods.

I think this happened before @PsychoGoldfish fixed tree scouting (to keep accidentally scouting a baddie from harming the most likely well-meaning scouter). It's been long enough since that was fixed that I don't really know anymore, honestly. I could definitely see the usefulness of a more knowledgeable, dedicated, and trustworthy panel of people to scout artists,

True, it would fix the accidental scouting and, as cank proposed, the recommendations could lead to gaining stats like XP or a possible new stat. And you're rewarded for each time you make a worthy scout. You're penalized if you make a scout that's clearly a waste of time.

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-01-19 19:36:15 (edited 2017-01-19 19:38:50)

^I've heard this song many times but yet I can't even tell you who made it. @MonsterboyGD probably knows if you really need conformation, because he's reported this song.

EDIT: Aye, nevermind. It's stolen from here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0oZNWif_jk

^This thief annoys me more than usual. Not only is he saying "my new song", but he's also advertising his social media. That just really bothers me for some odd reason.

^"The music is cool xD" Yeah it is cool, too bad Exclusion isn't here to see that comment

^Admits in description who made it

^I think I've reported enough Tobu songs on here...

^I think those are all self-explanatory...

^Not only is it a how to, but it's not even theirs.

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-01-19 23:22:52

^Both are full versions of the GD cuts, both of these are uploaded by the original artists on here

^MDK - Fingerbang

^Hmm... that username...

^One of the more popular Spag Heddy tracks.

^NCS

^This person messed up the title. It's Carnivalstep VIP not just Carnivalstep.

Oh yeah, it's not theirs either :P

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-01-20 01:18:30

^Mashup. While it is good it's just a mashing of two songs they have no rights to. @NekoMika please make sure this gets deleted.

^Xtrullor - Paracosm with some sped up parts. Someone needs to explain to this person the concept of not uploading stuff they didn't make, because they quoted Xtrullor by saying "My tracks are free to use anywhere".

^OST

^lol fake-ass DSG account, an Eptic song would not be their first upload. What goes through these heads?

^"No copyrights" Different story here bro

^F-777 - Monster Dance Off

^Says in description who made it

^Cut version of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Er6l7UOnbI

^Alan Walker

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-01-20 10:51:07

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-01-20 19:21:13

At 1/20/17 04:23 PM, rehpyc wrote: Hello. So, I found out of something today.

In addition to the one you found that was stolen, 1 was a remix of "Wiggle" that was ripped from YouTube, 2 more were remixes of Mirai Nikki OST, and I couldn't ID the other two, but to be safe, I removed them anyway. In my experience, any user with more than 4 thefts, who will even steal from NG artists, isn't legit and won't have any music of their own to speak of, especially not of such quality.

Thanks for tipping us off about that guy. That's one less potential lawsuit to worry about!

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-01-20 20:06:36

^Stole another song

^This is proof GD users really don't pay attention to our site, or the audio portal

^Spag Heddy - Freak It VIP

^Monstercat

^The OWSLA logo is pretty obvious

^Says he made the song but haha bullcrap. Either he has really poor Spanish-English translation or he thinks we weren't going to look up the song and find out this song dates back to 2012.

^NCS

^VNG? What? That is nowhere near the initials M, D, and K

^Admits in both those they're not his.

Also, can any mod tell me if it's worth still filing reports for these? I mean, I'm already at deity. Is it really worth flagging these when I'm posting them here and in a couple hours a mod is going to check this forum and remove them anyways?

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-01-21 11:54:59

^Looked these two up

^Anime

^GTA - Red Lips (Skrillex Remix)

^Borgore

^Monstercat

^I've reported those before

^Looked it up

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-01-21 11:59:57

At 1/21/17 01:01 AM, MonsterboyGD wrote: Already on ng, plus if you forgotten I dont like this song anymore.

lol you don't have to mention everytime you hate a song.

2.1 is out. Now if mdk could make a ng account

Bad idea, people would overuse the crap out of his songs. Plus, he would just override the feature section. We need more small time artists up there, not people who already have 100's of thousands of followers.

Also, these two are legit:

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-01-21 14:11:16

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-01-21 14:21:15

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-01-21 18:40:53

^SeamlessR

^Read the desc

^Mashup. Artist doesn't own either songs. Draper is a Monstercat artist.