00:00
00:00

Audio Portal Cleanup

317,467 Views | 4,132 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2014-12-05 23:25:44


At 12/5/14 06:45 PM, The-Dark-Lord wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/146745

Nice find

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2014-12-06 02:01:42


damn, there's still a lot moar.
why not just give the ban hammer to these users, they are fairly new and will continue to upload copyrighted tracks./they seem like they have no interest in creating their own material.

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2014-12-06 10:11:51


Nice teamwork @Step!


Request Reviews // #7 Reviewer // #2 Audio Reviewer

Audio / Review Moderator - PM with problems or questions

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2014-12-06 10:15:30


At 12/6/14 10:11 AM, NekoMika wrote: Nice teamwork @Step!

More like "oops Neko's already working on these I'd better leave her to it" but yeah.

Good job finding all these submissions @w00tw00. The Audio Portal is significantly cleaner with you around.


Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2014-12-06 17:24:21


Good job finding all these submissions @w00tw00. The Audio Portal is significantly cleaner with you around.

Thanks man! No problem.

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2014-12-06 17:25:43


^lol fail cut of a copyrighted track

Ill post even moar in a little.

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2014-12-07 13:00:07


At 12/6/14 05:24 PM, w00tw00 wrote: Thanks man! No problem.

That was a lot of banning and deleting...

Good job once again. I'm only not sure about these:

Mind giving some more details/evidence to explain why they're illegal?


Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2014-12-07 14:27:34


At 12/7/14 02:09 PM, The-Dark-Lord wrote: Why haven't the songs I posted been removed?

B0UNC3's track seems to be legitimate. I can't find any copyright on the acapella he used (one site even claimed that the acapella was posted in a remix pack, which makes it even less likely to be illegal). Just to make sure, I've contacted him, asking him about it myself.

We're also currently investigating Waterflame's tracks. Did you find any details regarding the copyright of the Game Grumps vocal samples he's using before reporting them in this thread? That'd help.

Thanks for the finds, by the way.


Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2014-12-07 16:16:04


At 12/7/14 01:00 PM, Step wrote:
At 12/6/14 05:24 PM, w00tw00 wrote: Thanks man! No problem.
That was a lot of banning and deleting...

Good job once again. I'm only not sure about these:
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/595962
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/595887
Mind giving some more details/evidence to explain why they're illegal?

oh wow, they just seem kinda edgy, like the first one "CHECKEN NUGGETS!!1!" it's just kinda random, most artists would talk about their track, some even list what they used.

and the other one is just, weird, as the dude only has a couple of posts.

i may be wrong but whatever. these may have just been some tracks i didn't really look into.
also, a lot of newly created NG accounts will post copyrighted material because they don't know. you can also tell if they have a profile picture added. sometimes if their new, and don't have a profile picture, and are posting some OK material, it's just kind of edgy, most of the time it's copyrighted material. especially with no forum posts, or any other form of contribution to this website.

maybe i'm just weird. but I've picked up skills as i find copyrighted music. also in terms of quality. if it's 2gud, and the artist isn't scouted, nor gives a lot of information out, they are probably stealing.

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2014-12-08 23:51:01


Last couple of posts taken care of, except for this one.

At 12/8/14 03:29 PM, The-Dark-Lord wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/128550

That Halo intro string section can be easily covered with entry level string samples.

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2014-12-09 09:58:55 (edited 2014-12-09 10:13:53)


Ah, stupid me, only the Disney one was breaking the Audio Guidelines, the other 2 songs are not.
EDIT: Found another one:

^ It is a violation of the Audio Guidelines as it is just a MIDI instrument change.

^ This one is just a recorder ver. of an audio, which is a copyright violation

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2014-12-09 11:28:33 (edited 2014-12-09 11:29:54)


At 12/9/14 09:58 AM, lucas59 wrote: Ah, stupid me, only the Disney one was breaking the Audio Guidelines, the other 2 songs are not.

Actually it was the other way around. The Linkin Park coves contained some samples of the original copyrighted audio and had to be removed, and the Disney song was a complete cover, with no usage of the original material (AFAIK).

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2014-12-10 10:41:24


At 12/10/14 04:04 AM, The-Dark-Lord wrote: Come on guys, really?
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/290233

You should probably calm down, no need to be angry 24/7.


Request Reviews // #7 Reviewer // #2 Audio Reviewer

Audio / Review Moderator - PM with problems or questions

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2014-12-10 11:10:59


At 12/10/14 04:04 AM, The-Dark-Lord wrote: Come on guys, really?
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/290233

I'm always hesitant on these sort of tracks that use acapellas from basically unknowns. I didn't find any indication that the chick those dudes sampled had copyrighted her stuff or is signed to a label. In fact, it looks like her entire Myspace account has been wiped. Dudes gave credit and all that, so I'm not really sure what the deal would be with these kind of things.

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2014-12-10 11:19:38 (edited 2014-12-10 11:24:13)


At 12/9/14 12:36 AM, The-Dark-Lord wrote:
At 12/8/14 11:51 PM, BrokenDeck wrote: Last couple of posts taken care of, except for this one.

At 12/8/14 03:29 PM, The-Dark-Lord wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/128550
That Halo intro string section can be easily covered with entry level string samples.
Duh. :P But this is not the case. If you actually listen to the original, and then this, you can clearly decipher, that he uses the same exact sample. The only slight difference, is that in the remix, it is high-passed (probably to make room for the trance bass). Also, he didn't even have the decency, to credit the original composer of the piece, Martin O'Donnell. What a snob...

I gather that from your lack of action, concerning the previous songs I posted, that you are partial to 'musicians' who have been on Newgrounds for awhile. However, that's no excuse to bend the rules and regulations in their favor.

Regards,

TDL

I've been looking at most of your reports. Waterflame? He did nothing wrong. He's allowed to take their audio sample from a video, simply because he has no intention to make profit by making fan music.

You're also targeting older, popular songs, based on other official audiotracks.
Again, no profit gained because it's not being sold. It isn't stolen, it's remixed.
Nine out of ten of your reports based on remixes are currently false alerts. You insist that you are correct in these findings and claim the moderators, to be blunt, lazy.
Not all moderators are good people, but I haven't met a bad one in this thread at all. So, you're wrong.

You haven't been on Newgrounds "for a while" you just signed up just 5 days ago.
Granted you may have been on Newgrounds without signing up at all for "a while," but that fact is, your reports are biased on most things you find. Only 3 songs have been reported, while 9 others have been false.
That's 25% legitimate reports, and 75% illegitimate reports.

Be careful of what you're reporting. But be most careful of who you're talking to when you've got nothing to back you on your findings.

Anyway,

This song is 5 years old, but seriously, this guy just layered the Numa Numa song with Pokerface by Lady Gaga.
It has originality, but no one here would agree it's even factored as appreciated. I wouldn't say it's good, it's bad for music taste.
Kolpos made Numa Numa and Pokerface love each other very, very, very(Too) much, that they created this offspring. What was he thinking?
I could be wrong about reporting this, so, sorry if I were mistaken.

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2014-12-10 16:41:03


At 12/10/14 01:40 PM, The-Dark-Lord wrote: I'm done with this 'audio cleanup,'

What a relief.

Now to clean up the mess...

Audio Portal Cleanup

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2014-12-10 17:39:01


I have a question.

I just revisited the Nyan Cat genre music, and the accompanying Flash animation for it, and quite a number of people have commented on the animation that there is a part of the audio from Deathklok or something of the sort. Can someone please verify this for me?

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2014-12-10 18:29:04


At 12/10/14 05:39 PM, Troisnyx wrote: I have a question.

I just revisited the Nyan Cat genre music, and the accompanying Flash animation for it, and quite a number of people have commented on the animation that there is a part of the audio from Deathklok or something of the sort. Can someone please verify this for me?

They are most likely talking about the reference in the animation, since the characters in the metal sequence strongly resemble three of the band members. I didn't hear a sampled sound in this one.

Audio Portal Cleanup

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2014-12-11 07:39:48


At 12/10/14 06:29 PM, FinaLee wrote:
At 12/10/14 05:39 PM, Troisnyx wrote: I have a question.

I just revisited the Nyan Cat genre music, and the accompanying Flash animation for it, and quite a number of people have commented on the animation that there is a part of the audio from Deathklok or something of the sort. Can someone please verify this for me?
They are most likely talking about the reference in the animation, since the characters in the metal sequence strongly resemble three of the band members. I didn't hear a sampled sound in this one.

Now, sampling Nyan Cat by itself (as in Hatsune Miku's vocals) isn't copyrighted, is it? I shouldn't think there is a reason the vocal track should be...... when in practice, it's gone into public use so many times.

Reason why I ask this is because I've come across cover versions of this on NG which say "Free from copyright problems!" -- and even abstain from sampling Miku here, because they're scared summat might happen to them legally.

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2014-12-11 09:56:25


At 12/11/14 07:39 AM, Troisnyx wrote:
Reason why I ask this is because I've come across cover versions of this on NG which say "Free from copyright problems!" -- and even abstain from sampling Miku here, because they're scared summat might happen to them legally.

I don't see why it would really be an issue, as long as you bought the voice package from the creators for any of Vocaloids, you're pretty much free to make any kind of song you wish and profit from it. You see hundreds, if not a couple thousand Japanese artists making a living by making Vocaloid songs everyday and releasing them in albums containing their other works. If it was some kind of issue, pretty sure the people who created Vocaloids would have cracked down on their own people years ago.


Request Reviews // #7 Reviewer // #2 Audio Reviewer

Audio / Review Moderator - PM with problems or questions

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2014-12-13 03:56:20


It appears that this song is simply taken from Panda Eyes and Teminite and reuploaded here to be used on a Geometry Dash level (which explains why it has 10,000 downloads):

I can't be sure, but I suspect his other songs are reuploads as well.

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2014-12-16 11:48:13


At 12/16/14 03:59 AM, Exedor wrote: "I didn't make this."
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/593742

Unpublished. We have to be extra vigilant. Geometry Dash is inadvertently causing a lot of people to upload rule-breaking songs.

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2014-12-16 15:03:52


At 12/16/14 11:48 AM, BrokenDeck wrote:
At 12/16/14 03:59 AM, Exedor wrote: "I didn't make this."
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/593742
Unpublished. We have to be extra vigilant. Geometry Dash is inadvertently causing a lot of people to upload rule-breaking songs.

I recently noticed that, oof.


Request Reviews // #7 Reviewer // #2 Audio Reviewer

Audio / Review Moderator - PM with problems or questions

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2014-12-16 22:17:45


not to be a jerk or anything.

but isn't this what audio mods should be doing in the first place? removing tracks that violate the rules? or is it just sit back, and lock threads/delete threads kinda thing.
?

Never understood it really.
Also, I don't have any problems posting copyrighted tracks etc and getting them taken down, but shouldn't you guys be somewhat contributing too? Especially if you ARE a moderator.

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2014-12-16 23:12:13


At 12/16/14 10:17 PM, w00tw00 wrote: not to be a jerk or anything...

We find a ton of stuff on our own as well you know

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2014-12-17 05:16:32


At 12/16/14 11:12 PM, BrokenDeck wrote:
At 12/16/14 10:17 PM, w00tw00 wrote: not to be a jerk or anything...
We find a ton of stuff on our own as well you know

Let me put it this way.

How many tens of thousands of people submit to the Audio Portal? Some of them may have been inactive, but it's immaterial if you're also rooting through old submissions. That being said, there are only so many submissions you can remove on your own.

Everyone works through their own time zones, and for most people it's EST. Things can pass under people's noses, when they're at work or school, or asleep.

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2014-12-21 19:26:14


Same guy I reported last time has ripped of even more music:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8vyaemiFuc
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqjKOL0N8ks
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TA_3risa4s

Pretty much all of his stuff are ripped of. I can provide even more links to prove it if you want.


New Track - Colour Color Farge Coleur

Need good feedback? Consider checking out the Review Request Club

Ectisity - Leader of the {Review Request Club}

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2014-12-21 20:08:42


"START:DASH performed by the amazing group Muse!!! (μ's) all rights goes to their respective owner."

"...Stardust Ring (Corps party tortured souls opening). All rights goes to their respective owner"

"A sweet remix of Amnesia's opening by Void_Inzalis"

"It's just awesome. All rights goes to their respective owner"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8CVR_VGh58

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umkhDCjfcGM

description

description

description