gooad!

BBS Signature

gooad!

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2019-10-21 02:38:40

At 10/20/19 05:06 PM, EvilAntonioUTTP wrote: Press start
Easy Level

Game ovah.

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2019-10-21 03:47:59 (edited 2019-10-21 03:50:11)

Hey, audio moderators. Rather than PMing all of you, I'm making this both easy for all of us (especially for me) and public (so people who flag and poast in this thread might see it and therefore create less work for you). Having obtained permission from DragonForce to do so, I started working on a SEGA Genesis version of their song "The Edge Of The World." They loved the idea when I asked them. Anyway, I'm publishing a demo version (basically what I got so far) to the Audio Portal on Thursday, so I wanted to give y'all a heads up for the well-meaning flags that will inevitably head your way. Contact @TomFulp if you don't believe me.

If this seems like advertisement, my apologies.

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2019-10-21 04:39:32

At 10/21/19 03:47 AM, OrangeTheory wrote: ... I started working on [my own version] of their song...
...heads up for the well-meaning flags that will inevitably head your way.

That's allowed. If you create something completely yourself, and don't use any "borrowed" stuff in the process, that's fine. They're called 'covers' and they're allowed because it's you doing it yourself. No one's going to claim copyright if you're singing something as you walk down the street, right? Noise pollution, maybe, but not copyright. There are plenty of classes on how to paint like Bob Ross, but no one claims copyright on your paintings, cuz you created them. Create all the covers you want. Uploading the original song, or a modified version, that's not allowed.

gooad!

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2019-10-21 12:52:48

At 10/21/19 04:39 AM, Exedor wrote: Create all the covers you want. Uploading the original song, or a modified version, that's not allowed.

Wait, though, even if I create it myself completely from scratch (which I'm doing), it's still someone else's composition. There's a legality issue there, though I doubt they'll come after me or Newgrounds for a chiptune. However, in the Audio Portal Guidelines:

"COVERS and REMIXES of existing songs are accepted if you have permission from the original artist or the original song is public domain. We can not accept covers of songs you've heard on the radio or anything else that you don't have rights to."

THAT is the reason for my above poast. If I had not read that, I'd have a ton of my chiptune covers and remixes still here on the Audio Portal. But I don't because of that which I quoted. I didn't get permission (or licensing) for any of those chiptune covers or remixes, so therefore I unpublished them from the AP because they can rightly be flagged and removed.

unless I'm missing something here

gooad!

BBS Signature

If you like my music leave a review, message me for a review. My music's free to use just credit me!

BBS Signature

gooad!

BBS Signature

gooad!

BBS Signature

gooad!

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2019-10-23 19:34:10

At 10/23/19 05:36 PM, EvilAntonioUTTP wrote: //www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/887529
BAD AUDIO ALERT!

I don't think it's bad.

But I do think it's stolen.