00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Audio Portal Cleanup

703,560 Views | 5,402 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-08-26 03:35:18

XI - Halcyon

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-08-26 15:31:43

^In case no one took Spanish "esta cancion no es mia" means "this song is not mine". So, that made it easy.

and it helped me practice my Spanish skills.

^https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6MbweiS4zM

^EW DUBSTEPGUTTER. Blech. Honestly that channel doesn't even focus on quality uploads and the fanbase worships the songs no matter how bad they are.

Ok sorry-- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPBVmtKRaUg

^https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_TV4vZRSE8

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-08-26 21:48:03

At 8/26/17 09:31 AM, NekoMika wrote: At 8/26/17 03:35 AM, I reported:
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/762266
XI - Halcyon
That was a really nice "cover."

agrred

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-08-27 03:11:16

Jake Paul - I Love You Bro

done it neo geo (reported)

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-08-27 18:30:29

At 8/26/17 03:50 PM, MonsterboyGD wrote: some stuff

Maybe you wouldn't mind checking the posts above you to avoid duplicate postings?

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-08-27 18:44:59

^https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5N7JaURMxQ 0:55

^Call this blind faith because I don't know what the song is but the description is "torrents rule" so yeah, most likely this is a torrent.

^Obvious

^Oh cool they posted the YouTube link in the description for me. How sweet of them

^OST

^TheFatRat has an account here... /621144

^https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCYcHz2k5x0

^Megalovania is obvious.. right?

^NCS remix... what?

^https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWFWBnA7bOo

^And again the original link is in the description

^Eiffel 65 - I'm blue but everytime they say blue 2016 ressurects

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-08-27 21:51:31

^Description admits it was used in a commercial Netflix trailer.

^yeah

^I can't remember, are we still reporting how to's?

^Nightcore

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-08-28 05:28:35 (edited 2017-08-28 05:29:47)

At 8/27/17 09:51 PM, BlueAlpha14 wrote: Stolen tracks and other stuff.

Most of it has been properly dealt with. Some exceptions :

This one (as annoying as it is) can stay. If the original song is not present as background nor the track in question is plain ear-rape, there is no rule breaking. Still you can Sh0w s0me l0ve to those.

This one it's a "nightcore" version of this user's original song, which is allowed.

It doesn't seem to be a "nigthcore" of an existing song.
@ADR3-N you had a previous encounter with this guy, smells like duplo.
Could you confirm please ?

Musicians make music , producers make products. * drops mic :D

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-09-02 04:04:14

Everybody's Circulation

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-09-06 08:55:34

Found this after searching to see if any DJ Okawari songs had been uploaded.

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-09-11 05:38:11

At 9/9/17 12:58 PM, BoxerBraydog wrote: People are obsessed with magix musik maker

All gone. Thanks for the reports mate, that old stuff would've been hard to notice.
Magix was quite popular some years ago.
Just like its successor music maker jam is now days (which also goes against the rules).

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-09-14 03:45:41

At 9/12/17 04:18 PM, BoxerBraydog wrote: Magix Music Maker Central

It's Unpublished Audio Central now.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-09-20 17:16:01

do i even need to say anything

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-09-21 05:26:52

Just asking.
Is this user: savantofficial.newgrounds.com really Savant? He is kicked, so I'm gonna make a prediction and say it is a fake.
If he is real, I don't understand why this user is kicked unless he decided to have his account gone because he probably left the site or deleted his account.

Not trying to be rude.

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-09-22 03:31:21

Nope, we do get a lot of impersonators which as per always, will always be against the rules.

Hah, had a great feeling it would be a fake. I've always wanted to ask that question. But for my laziness and fine memory, I didn't until now. Thanks for telling me. :)

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-09-23 20:35:59

I found a copy of a copyrighted song(Cash Cash - OverTime)

Also I found a copy of a song already on newgrounds.
(Geometry Dash Practice song known as Stay Inside Me)

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-09-25 19:23:09

http://lolkaspy.newgrounds.com/audio/ can someone tell me where all his stuff went?

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-09-25 19:40:19

At 9/25/17 07:23 PM, Skiddle wrote: http://lolkaspy.newgrounds.com/audio/ can someone tell me where all his stuff went?

No, but you can send him a PM.

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-09-26 08:26:59 (edited 2017-09-26 08:27:29)

At 9/25/17 02:24 PM, BoxerBraydog wrote: All of the below was made with Magix Music Maker

@Mopik @Lusin @GearWax and any others reading this

Some new info regarding magix music maker tracks :
From now on, we need you to include on your reports and/or flags a link to any reference material that clearly identifies the use of magix stock loops.

If you mates come across with something like this one (when the user states stock loops or "soundpool" use), those are safe to report and/or flag by the author comments :

Otherwise please provide some extra information.

Also, regarding music maker jam tracks :
Those are still safe to report and/or flag.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-09-26 12:34:39 (edited 2017-09-26 12:41:49)

At 9/26/17 08:26 AM, LexaHergon wrote:
At 9/25/17 02:24 PM, BoxerBraydog wrote: All of the below was made with Magix Music Maker

How am I supposed to ID stock loops though? I have never used Magix so I have no idea what they sound like,

one positive about being an annoying child who didnt know what they were doing and who got internet access way too early is that you can explicitly know what NOT to do

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-09-27 02:26:50

At 9/26/17 12:34 PM, GearWax wrote: How am I supposed to ID stock loops though? I have never used Magix so I have no idea what they sound like,

Well, It's a major butt-pain, but there's a lot references scattered all over youtube if you have the time and patience.
I know it sucks, but trust me mate, there is a good reason to ask this.

On the bright side , there's still plenty of music maker jam stuff available to flag.
Those are 100 % stock loops based.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-09-27 02:55:52

Prove me if I'm wrong, but I'm 100% sure I saw in the rules Newgrounds never accepted covers or remixes of songs that were originally played on the radio.

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-09-28 03:58:09

At 9/27/17 07:41 PM, MonsterboyGD wrote: And also some Magix. I saw you guys reporting magix maker so I thought I would help

I forgot to tag you on my last post. Please read this mate.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-09-28 09:46:58

At 9/26/17 08:26 AM, LexaHergon wrote:

Some new info regarding magix music maker tracks :
From now on, we need you to include on your reports and/or flags a link to any reference material that clearly identifies the use of magix stock loops.

If you mates come across with something like this one (when the user states stock loops or "soundpool" use), those are safe to report and/or flag by the author comments :
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/109887
Otherwise please provide some extra information.

Also, regarding music maker jam tracks :
Those are still safe to report and/or flag.

Ohh boy, I think this was my doing. (long reply warning)

I woke up to see most of my tracks gone and a few notifications saying I was banned from the audio stuff.
So I went down the rabbit hole to find out why. What I found was that Newgrounds guidelines regarding audio submissions were/is faulty, at least when its regarding the submission of MAGIX Music Maker (not Jam).

First I went to find MAGIX's Terms and Conditions.
http://www.magix.com/gb/terms-and-conditions/

Then their 'End User License Agreement' (EULA).
http://www.magix.com/gb/eula/consumer/

And then their own statements regarding publishing tracks made with their programs.
http://magazine.magix.com/en/commercial-use-of-music/

Nowhere in their terms and conditions, EULA, or in their own statements do they say: "MAGIX Music Maker automatically puts all songs you create with it under its own license" (as it says in Newgrounds guidelines)

To quote from MAGIX's statement:
" Can I publish the songs I’ve made with Music Maker loops and sounds online?

The rule is as follows: As long as your own songs – which contain loops or sounds from Music Maker/ Music Maker Jam – are not used commercially, you can upload them to Soundcloud, Youtube or other portals.

Just so there are no misunderstandings: MAGIX does not own the rights to your compositions. You own the copyright to these. Only the sounds and loops that you have used are protected by copyright."

and

" What if my song doesn’t contain MAGIX loops or sounds?

If you’ve created a song in Music Maker that doesn’t consist of loops or sound samples and just contains audio tracks you’ve recorded yourself, you don’t need a license. You can reproduce this music commercially. This is also the case if you have created your own loops using the MAGIX Music Maker Loop Designer.

When you create your own melodies without ready loops using instruments from Music Maker (e.g. Vita, String Ensemble, Rock Drums, Revolta …), commercial use is possible, since these are your own melodies."

Basically: You own the copyright to your work, as long as you don't use others copyright work in said work (ie loops and samples).

I got into contact with Tom Fulp because of this, and got my stuff republished.
I make my own instruments with the tools (VST's) provided in MAGIX Music Maker, and other VST's found all over the web. If I ever open up a loop or sample, its for reference and never in my actual published work.

MAGIX Music Maker (MMM for short) is a tool, and a tool is only as good as the person wielding it. Unfortunately this tool comes with loops and samples (for the newbies) as well as proper means of making music (support for VST's for the """"pros""""). This attracts the newbies, punishing the """"pros"""" as a result.

If you need tips on how to detect whether or not loops and samples are used in a piece, I guess I could try to help.
Listen for reverb and delay.
The noobs don't know how to add that stuff, even if it's pretty simple.
How does the instruments loop?
If the instrument has reverb or delay, it might loop strangely. This usually occurs in the beginning of the loop since the MAGIX team made some of the loops have built-in reverb or delay. So in the very start of a loop, it will have audio data from its own reverb, reverb that haven't happened yet so to speak.
Do instruments sound synthetic?
None of the loops or samples of real instruments included in MMM sound synthetic, because they are recordings of real instruments. The VST's MMM comes with have synthetic sounding instruments.
Electronic music loops and samples will have effects out of the scope of possibilities of this program.
Dubstep wubs and such is pretty much impossible to make without downloading other VST's (they exist, but are not in the MMM package).
Effects that last longer than the loop itself
These effects are usually baked-in to the loop, so if you hear effects last longer and over many loops its probably their own samples. Example: Filter cutout gradually changing, glide changing transition time.
Read description, check the uploader.
Pretty obvious. If the uploader writes a whole lot in the description about what effects and VST's used, its most likely their own instruments and samples.

I'm working on the assumption that the newbies using included loops and samples have no idea how to implement more advanced stuff, since they usually have no idea how, if they did they wouldn't be using loops and samples in the first place.

Sorry for the long comment.

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-09-28 16:45:20

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-09-29 03:43:26

At 9/28/17 09:46 AM, nuFF3 wrote:
At 9/26/17 08:26 AM, LexaHergon wrote: Some new info regarding magix music maker tracks :
Ohh boy, I think this was my doing.

You are right mate. Your case is one of the reasons for this.

MAGIX Music Maker (MMM for short) is a tool, and a tool is only as good as the person wielding it. Unfortunately this tool comes with loops and samples (for the newbies) as well as proper means of making music (support for VST's for the """"pros""""). This attracts the newbies, punishing the """"pros"""" as a result.

That sums it up pretty well. That's what we are trying to avoid.
Even if a lot of users make only pre-made loops based music, there are cases of Magix being used on a legit way.
So now, we need to walk the extra mile and look for concrete evidence about stock loops usage.

If you need tips on how to detect whether or not loops and samples are used in a piece, I guess I could try to help.

Thanks. That's some good info, specially coming from someone quite familiar with the software.

@ADR3-N @Troisnyx @Exedor @NekoMika @Mich
@BoxerBraydog @Lusin @Mopik @GearWax @MonsterboyGD @BraydenGD
@EveryoneElseImayBeForgettingAbout

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-09-29 05:50:59

why'd you mention me? what do I have to do with this? XD (sorry)

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-09-29 20:08:37

At 9/29/17 05:50 AM, BraydenGD wrote: why'd you mention me? what do I have to do with this? XD (sorry)

Lol me too yeah, I know I report a lot, but never because someone used Magix

one positive about being an annoying child who didnt know what they were doing and who got internet access way too early is that you can explicitly know what NOT to do

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-09-30 05:32:40

At 9/29/17 08:08 PM, GearWax wrote:
At 9/29/17 05:50 AM, BraydenGD wrote: why'd you mention me? what do I have to do with this? XD (sorry)
Lol me too yeah, I know I report a lot, but never because someone used Magix

I just wanted to provide you mates with some reading material.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Portal Cleanup 2017-09-30 06:46:17

I just wanted to provide you mates with some reading material.

Ok then, acceptable xD