00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

NisoXD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Feed & Email Update

15,243 Views | 113 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-10 12:24:09

@TomFulp it'd be cool if you can play flash games/movies on the feed. like maybe have a auto embed or something?

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-10 12:30:59

At 7/9/14 12:32 PM, TomFulp wrote: You will probably see a GIANT number of new feed items noted on the front page.

Probably. 5 is such a GIANT number.

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-10 13:35:40

At 7/9/14 09:07 PM, dratrat1 wrote: My biggest problem with the new system is that there isn't any decent way to check who of your friends is online anymore. I have already begun to sorely miss this, and I've only been online ten minutes. Now I'm either a noob for not knowing how to properly access this or just left hanging.

Look at the top menu... there's a button that says "YOUR FEED" (which I wanted to call "SOCIAL", but @TomFulp loves the word feed a LOT... he also has an unhealthy obsession with the word "moist"), when you roll over that you can click 'Friends' and see what you are looking for.

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-10 14:04:09

At 7/10/14 12:24 PM, TheMajormel wrote: @TomFulp it'd be cool if you can play flash games/movies on the feed. like maybe have a auto embed or something?

oh and @PyschoGoldfish

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-10 15:54:24

At 7/9/14 12:32 PM, TomFulp wrote: The weird thing is that gmail appears to be sending the emails to the SPAM folder. They weren't previously going there so it could be something with the formatting, but to our knowledge we are following all of Google's recommendations. We'll be doing tests each day with changes to see if that solves it.

Weird thing is, gmail hasn't been doing this to me. But then again I hardly get any emails from Newgrounds on there anyways.....

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-10 19:13:20

Look at the top menu... there's a button that says "YOUR FEED" (which I wanted to call "SOCIAL", but @TomFulp loves the word feed a LOT... he also has an unhealthy obsession with the word "moist"), when you roll over that you can click 'Friends' and see what you are looking for.

I'm sure it's just because he likes to feed on moist things, or at least eat them out thoroughly. Gotcha, Thanks :)

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-10 21:56:13

At 7/10/14 03:38 PM, Head-Full-Of-Acid wrote: is this legit?

Yes.

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-11 01:14:08

Outlook.com marked the validation e-mail as spam.

If you're a Newgrounds OG who appreciates Flash games with depth, check out the game I made in 2024.

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-11 07:26:44

At 7/11/14 01:14 AM, Jin wrote: Outlook.com marked the validation e-mail as spam.

Was this something you saw at the top of the page, clicked, you got emailed with a validation link?

We need to address the content in that particular message, but I'm not sure what else we can do other than rewording it. All of the headers are correct. Did you at least click the "it's not spam" link? Sorry about this, it's frustrating. :(

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-11 10:24:37

At 7/11/14 07:26 AM, liljim wrote: Was this something you saw at the top of the page, clicked, you got emailed with a validation link?

Yes, and yes I clicked on "Not Spam".

If you're a Newgrounds OG who appreciates Flash games with depth, check out the game I made in 2024.

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-11 15:03:48

Cleaning off my desk getting ready for the jam. Is there an official jam thread yet?

If ya have something to say, PM me. I have a lot of time to spare.

Also never PM egg82.

BBS Signature

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-12 06:30:19

I never used that "Your Feed" option, only the star icon which was really practical.

So now I have to deal with this, which will take quite time for me to get used to it. Finally found my fan's blog posting site under "Your Feed - Favorite Artists - News" But it bugs me since they are not artists ( at least not most of them) but only my fans. So that "Favorite artists" button should be reenamed to "Fans", simple as that so It doesn't fool me again.

BBS Signature

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-12 13:28:57

I'm not recieving notifications for art reviews. When I check on "My feed" it only shows old reviews even tough I have plenty of new ones.

BBS Signature

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-12 16:30:33

At 7/12/14 01:28 PM, Evil-Rick wrote: I'm not recieving notifications for art reviews. When I check on "My feed" it only shows old reviews even tough I have plenty of new ones.

@WahyahRanger

We'll look into it.

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-12 17:01:10

At 7/12/14 05:00 PM, Amaranthus wrote: @BrenTheMan, I receive notifications when someone replies to my threads, but they don't show up when I go to the forum replies page after I clicked the notification button.

I see them...

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-12 17:35:36

At 7/12/14 04:30 PM, BrenTheMan wrote:
At 7/12/14 01:28 PM, Evil-Rick wrote: I'm not recieving notifications for art reviews. When I check on "My feed" it only shows old reviews even tough I have plenty of new ones.
@WahyahRanger

We'll look into it.

Same problem for audio reviews, I have not received any notifications for any of the audio reviews I've gotten since the update.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-12 17:42:18

At 7/12/14 05:35 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 7/12/14 04:30 PM, BrenTheMan wrote:
@WahyahRanger

We'll look into it.
Same problem for audio reviews, I have not received any notifications for any of the audio reviews I've gotten since the update.

As if they'd ever fix anything related to the Audio Portal.

The Audio Portal is dead. The staff abandoned it, and it slowly died, alone.

5:24 PM - Hat-Fondler: adverb

5:24 PM - 平沢唯: jewishly

5:25 PM - Kupo: frothingly

BBS Signature

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-12 17:49:37

At 7/12/14 05:42 PM, JRob wrote: As if they'd ever fix anything related to the Audio Portal.

What's wrong with the audio portal?

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-12 18:08:09

At 7/12/14 05:49 PM, BrenTheMan wrote:
At 7/12/14 05:42 PM, JRob wrote: As if they'd ever fix anything related to the Audio Portal.

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1370357/1#bbspost25147147_post_text

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1307411

BBS Signature

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-12 18:36:58

At 7/12/14 05:49 PM, BrenTheMan wrote:

Also having something like this would be nice, so that people can see why the scores are what they are. I mean, it used to show how many votes there were.

It'd also be great if people could see who voted, what they voted, and how many times, and that would let people see who's continuously 0-voting something, which has A LOT more impact in the Audio Portal, and even the Art Portal, when combined with voting power.

Feed & Email Update

BBS Signature

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-12 22:27:53

im probably late to this but i have to say the new reviews notification system is bad. it doesnt show newest reviews in recent artworks i made...why?

Watch This Or You Will Die

also NVIDIA GeForce G210M

BBS Signature

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-13 08:27:00

At 7/12/14 10:27 PM, bocodamondo wrote: im probably late to this but i have to say the new reviews notification system is bad. it doesnt show newest reviews in recent artworks i made...why?

That's a bug that should be fixed this week!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-07-13 17:57:10

At 7/13/14 08:27 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 7/12/14 10:27 PM, bocodamondo wrote: im probably late to this but i have to say the new reviews notification system is bad. it doesnt show newest reviews in recent artworks i made...why?
That's a bug that should be fixed this week!

Ah yes, I was curious about this one myself. Glad to know you guys are on top of it!

Tale of Enki: Pilgrimage, an RPG with a few twists. Available to buy it on Steam here!

BBS Signature

Response to Feed & Email Update 2014-09-15 15:45:09

A few belated opinions on the (now-not-so)new feeds:

- I'd have liked to see responses to both my own blogs and responses to comments I've posted on other users blogs under Blog Replies. That's the content I mostly check my feed for, and the overall Interactions quickly gets cluttered.
- The blocky layout, with headers for each type of new content "You were mentioned in a forum post." etc, takes up a lot of space. I imagine it'd be easier to skim through without headers, maybe just dividers, and all info you need in the current subheader (___ posted in ___ on ___). The subheader could be tailored for each type of content, such as ___ mentioned you in ___ on ___ ...or ____ replied to your post in ___ on ____. Could cut down some of the clutter.
- Line breaks in reviews seem to disappear in the feed.

Overall though, they're awesome! Great with all that added detail, and the mentions. I wonder if times when you are mentioned in an actual submission appears in this feed too? Id not, that'd be another great feature!

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature