00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mirenamak just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

A Trip Down Memory Lane

5,473 Views | 16 Replies
Respond to this Topic

A Trip Down Memory Lane 2014-06-19 10:25:53

The Beast's Fury Kickstarter has a few hours left and is sooo close to its goal. Your support will keep Evil-Dog going on the programming side!

Last month my brain was in a time warp and instead of May 15-22nd, I did a Throwback Thursday for June 15-22nd.

So today I'm gonna do June 13 and 14th, AKA LazyMuffin's Birthday. These two days in NG history:

Movies

R.I.P Ben Spurgin.

Games

Scan over NG's past and post your memories in this thread!

You can also be a part of NG's future by participating in The Power of Four this summer. Submit a team in the Po4 thread and join the Team Roster any time before the October 14th deadline.

Now pardon me while I go watch all these NATA Novice Round Entries.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to A Trip Down Memory Lane 2014-06-19 10:32:28

Awesome just Awesome

Response to A Trip Down Memory Lane 2014-06-19 10:59:31

Some good memories popping up in this lane!

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to A Trip Down Memory Lane 2014-06-19 11:29:54

At 6/19/14 10:59 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: Some good memories popping up in this lane!

I just spruced up our Google+ page, maybe we'll try running our ThrowbackThursday stuff on there each week and see how things look. Had given up on it earlier this year.

https://plus.google.com/+newgrounds/posts

Replaced the AngryFaic with Osuka's Tankman so the page looks less mad... Also put up Pegosho's awesome Pico Day art on there.

BBS Signature

Response to A Trip Down Memory Lane 2014-06-19 12:21:16

Awesome stuff all around, some of these really take me back! Also, I love the Revolution picture, he did a really great job on it! So clean and such good character.

Response to A Trip Down Memory Lane 2014-06-19 14:12:57

star wars gangsta rap is one of the first flashes i watched.

Response to A Trip Down Memory Lane 2014-06-19 15:44:17

Wow. Beasts Fury is within $1150 of completing with less than 2 hours left. This would make anyone anxious! The fear that you'd get so close but not make it in the end...

If they can get $10 / minute, they'll hit the exact $1150 they need!

Response to A Trip Down Memory Lane 2014-06-19 16:10:04

At 6/19/14 03:44 PM, TheAdventMaster wrote: Wow. Beasts Fury is within $1150 of completing with less than 2 hours left. This would make anyone anxious! The fear that you'd get so close but not make it in the end...

If they can get $10 / minute, they'll hit the exact $1150 they need!

$452 to go! I'll bet they hit that in the next 20 minutes and have 60 minutes left for bonus.

BBS Signature

Response to A Trip Down Memory Lane 2014-06-19 17:04:44

At 6/19/14 04:10 PM, TomFulp wrote:
$452 to go! I'll bet they hit that in the next 20 minutes and have 60 minutes left for bonus.

Either way, they made it. Congrats!

BBS Signature

Response to A Trip Down Memory Lane 2014-06-19 18:52:54

Junior by HotDiggedyDemon is Awesome, I can't believe it's been 5 years since that flash was posted.

Response to A Trip Down Memory Lane 2014-06-19 19:19:36

At 6/19/14 10:25 AM, TomFulp wrote: Scan over NG's past and post your memories in this thread!

Early on, I seem to remember one or two events at colleges, where NG members held a contest or did stupid things to promote the site, but can't find it in the NG Wiki, in Portal History, or anywhere else... Someone dressed up like a Clock or another NG character (was it a banana?) and handed out flyers; there's a picture or two on this server somewhere :\

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to A Trip Down Memory Lane 2014-06-19 22:21:19

At 6/19/14 10:25 AM, TomFulp wrote: Scan over NG's past and post your memories in this thread!

The Xin series was the shit when it came out. It was awesome to see such a fully realized series unfold. Also, when you're younger anything that has students fighting teachers in over-the-top anime style battles immediately gets bonus points.

Now that I'm a crotchety old man I'd probably be rooting for the adult bureaucracy to put down the youth dissent.

Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature

Response to A Trip Down Memory Lane 2014-06-19 22:39:09

At 6/19/14 10:21 PM, Jercurpac wrote: Now that I'm a crotchety old man I'd probably be rooting for the adult bureaucracy to put down the youth dissent.

Dude, you're not even 30 yet :) Although Ben Franklin certainly did wait till he was over 50, to start the dissent that would create a nation. I really need ask @luis if he can show me around Philly someday :|

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to A Trip Down Memory Lane 2014-06-20 10:02:31

At 6/19/14 07:19 PM, VicariousE wrote:
Early on, I seem to remember one or two events at colleges, where NG members held a contest or did stupid things to promote the site, but can't find it in the NG Wiki, in Portal History, or anywhere else... Someone dressed up like a Clock or another NG character (was it a banana?) and handed out flyers; there's a picture or two on this server somewhere :\

Good call, I still need to port this into the Wiki:
http://www.newgrounds.com/lit/promo2005.html

And we should do that again.

BBS Signature

Response to A Trip Down Memory Lane 2014-06-20 11:53:19

At 6/19/14 04:10 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 6/19/14 03:44 PM, TheAdventMaster wrote: If they can get $10 / minute, they'll hit the exact $1150 they need!

Well congratu-fricken lations. Enjoy paying taxes on that Kickstarter money.

And that "Please include only the quoted text that is relevant to blah blah blah" popup dialog is so annoying, and offensive. Nitpicking here, but all of the quoted text is relevant.

You know, Tom. I hate to say it, but I could complain about Newgrounds all day.

Sorry that requires you to have tough skin. The fact is, I really enjoy Newgrounds' existence. I am changing the response mood of my post to something happy and silly to demonstrate my love.

Response to A Trip Down Memory Lane 2014-06-20 14:42:18

At 6/20/14 10:02 AM, TomFulp wrote: Good call, I still need to port this into the Wiki:
http://www.newgrounds.com/lit/promo2005.html

The flyer file still around? Maybe you should make up a new one in pdf so our members can hand them around.

And we should do that again.

That would be rad.

BBS Signature

Response to A Trip Down Memory Lane 2014-06-20 15:03:52

At 6/20/14 02:42 PM, VicariousE wrote: The flyer file still around? Maybe you should make up a new one in pdf so our members can hand them around.

I think I still have it, maybe it needs updating... Or maybe not.

BBS Signature